2009-2010 Rush Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
are you sure this person got into Rush for the medical school because rush has many other graduate programs too

Members don't see this ad :)
efffff. i guess we've been rejected or waitlisted :-/

BBender when did your friend interview?

efffff. i guess we've been rejected or waitlisted :-/

BBender when did your friend interview?
Early November. But don't freak out, it's all about when interviewers submit their recommendations. Rush is being notoriously slow in all aspects this cycle, no worries! Stay strong, it's a long cycle.

Early November. But don't freak out, it's all about when interviewers submit their recommendations. Rush is being notoriously slow in all aspects this cycle, no worries! Stay strong, it's a long cycle.

boo! of course. the first school i truly love, and i am going to have to wait forever-plus-christmas to hear back! of course i will wait as long as it takes if the answer is 'accepted' :)

so are there any current Rush students around SDN? It's kind of weird, seems like most school-specific threads have at least a few current students lurking and posting advice, info about the school, etc. we need some of that in this thread!

How does Rush compare to UIC, Loyola, and CMS?

has anyone interviewed on october 28th, and not heard back? please, please, please let me know if i am alone or not.

I interviewed on October 28th and have not heard back. You interviewed on the first day possible...meaning they want you just as much as you want them. As far as the people who have received acceptances go, there were probably just a few who have heard back due to timely interviewers.

Until you see a flood of posts here on SDN stating acceptances, know you have nothing to worry about. Rest easy.

Got an interview invite a little while ago and I am very happy.

A part of me is worried this might be another mass email error (read that it has happened before with interviews as well).

All of you guys didn't get one too right now, did you? :p

Members don't see this ad :)
Accepted :) got the email last night, interviewed oct 28

Got an interview invite a little while ago and I am very happy.

A part of me is worried this might be another mass email error (read that it has happened before with interviews as well).

All of you guys didn't get one too right now, did you? :p

no LaCasta, i wish but thats all you! :)

wow congrats!! i guess this confirms my fate :(

just a question: i thought the committee met every wednesday? any idea how you heard back on a monday? anyone else??

I wouldn't say this confirms your fate! It just shows that they don't really have a systematic way of sending out decisions. But yeah, I wasn't expecting to hear on a Monday.

:-(

still no response.

did only ppl who interviewed on the first day (oct 28) hear back? I want to know if ppl who interviewed in november also heard back, or are they going in order?

medicalkid, i have no idea who you are, but i really hope that you get into rush brotha. now if this school would only give me an interview....

for those of you who have already interviewed: are the both interviews supposed to be with faculty? or is one with a current medical student? were they relatively stress-free? thanks in advance!

it depends chreesteene, i had one with a 4th year med. student (closed file) and one with a internal med doctor. i know others in my group had two faculty members though. don't stress at all, it was VERY relaxed and conversational. just know your secondary and primary app well enough to elaborate when they ask. jill is really friendly and totally makes you feel relaxed before the interview.

the real stress comes afterwards for a few of us (me and medicalkid mostly), we still haven't heard back and others have. i really hope we aren't rejected/waitlisted, that would majorly suck since i loved the school.

I interviewed on November 11th and have not heard back... I know there are a few of you wondering about hearing back from November dates. I would assume they go in order?

thanks, ramennoodles and medkid!!

i hope all the waiting ends up in your getting great news! :)

for those of you who have already interviewed: are the both interviews supposed to be with faculty? or is one with a current medical student? were they relatively stress-free? thanks in advance!

i got an MD and a PhD. My interviews both felt great- it just happened (by coincidence?) that my first interviewer had a nontrad background similar to mine (so we connected over that) and my second interviewer was in the same academic department at Rush that I am in at my own school's grad program (anatomy), AND she got her PhD where I am getting my MS, and knew/remembered my advisors and the people who wrote me LORs from when she went there!

so uh, i think i got lucky. a few other people said they got grilled. i have to wonder, though, if interviewer-interviewee assignments are random. one girl who said she got grilled in her interview by a surgeon said her dad was a surgeon, so go figure.

chreesteene, it will be interesting if I get to meet you in person. I thought that your Sanjaya-girl avatar was bad, but the creepy conan may be even worse. in my mind you are like, a blend of the two :laugh: anyway good luck at Rush . . . i am starting to sound like a broken record here but i loved loved loved Rush!

same to you medkid!!!

i really hope tomorrow brings good news for us.

good luck with the anxiety and obsessive email checks tomorrow that i know we both will be going through :/

I got an interview! Now the wait, well the interview is Jan 6th so now I have that to look forward to...

I interviewed on November 11th and have not heard back... I know there are a few of you wondering about hearing back from November dates. I would assume they go in order?

Interviewed on the 18th...haven't heard back yet, either.

I got an interview! Now the wait, well the interview is Jan 6th so now I have that to look forward to...

oh come on rookie. give us some more info! please :) when were you submitted/complete? email?

I submitted on 11-11-09 and got the email on 12-08-09 at 3:00am (who decides to send an email at 3am????)

medicalkid, did you hear back today??

i really hope you did since its been 6 weeks for you, i know the wait is killing you. if not, are you planning to call them today?

i was hoping to get an email today too, but so far nothing. its been 5 weeks post-interview for me. i have a $1000 dollar deposit due at a D.O. school this monday, and i was hoping to hear back from rush by then but guess not. do you guys think i should call/email and explain my situation and ask them maybe when i'll get a response by?

any advice would be really appreciated...i don't want to lose 1000 bucks if i get accepted to rush hopefully!!

i really hope you did since its been 6 weeks for you, i know the wait is killing you. if not, are you planning to call them today?

i was hoping to get an email today too, but so far nothing. its been 5 weeks post-interview for me. i have a $1000 dollar deposit due at a D.O. school this monday, and i was hoping to hear back from rush by then but guess not. do you guys think i should call/email and explain my situation and ask them maybe when i'll get a response by?

any advice would be really appreciated...i don't want to lose 1000 bucks if i get accepted to rush hopefully!!
Wow. That SUCKS. Definitely call them.

I'm assuming that DO school is CCOM (just by the deadline for the deposit being the same- if not sorry). I'm a current student there right now in the Master's program and although its a bit different, when I was deciding on going there for the MS, i called the admissions office and asked for an extension in making the payment and it was granted to me. I know its a different situation but its worth a shot :)

I've already paid my deposit but have my fingers crossed for an interview!

thanks so much for the advice guys. i really thought i'd hear back by now b/c last year ppl heard back on average 3-4 weeks. i'm going to try calling rush right now, i'll post an update as soon as i'm done!

so i just called right now and asked to speak to jill. the lady on the line asked who i was and i told her i was a recent interviewee, i explained to her my situation and she said it would be best to email Rush and that it takes average 4 weeks to hear back, but that they're backed up b/c of thanksgiving break.

so i just called right now and asked to speak to jill. the lady on the line asked who i was and i told her i was a recent interviewee, i explained to her my situation and she said it would be best to email Rush and that it takes average 4 weeks to hear back, but that they're backed up b/c of thanksgiving break.

It's not like this is the first Thanksgiving for them. :rolleyes:

I'm interviewing 1/6 too! I was complete in July I think and received the invite at the end of October. Are you OOS? I am coming all the way from California so I was wondering if the other people interviewing on this day are OOS too.

i got an MD and a PhD. My interviews both felt great- it just happened (by coincidence?) that my first interviewer had a nontrad background similar to mine (so we connected over that) and my second interviewer was in the same academic department at Rush that I am in at my own school's grad program (anatomy), AND she got her PhD where I am getting my MS, and knew/remembered my advisors and the people who wrote me LORs from when she went there!

so uh, i think i got lucky. a few other people said they got grilled. i have to wonder, though, if interviewer-interviewee assignments are random. one girl who said she got grilled in her interview by a surgeon said her dad was a surgeon, so go figure.

chreesteene, it will be interesting if I get to meet you in person. I thought that your Sanjaya-girl avatar was bad, but the creepy conan may be even worse. in my mind you are like, a blend of the two :laugh: anyway good luck at Rush . . . i am starting to sound like a broken record here but i loved loved loved Rush!

AHHHH i interviewed today and LOVED rush/my interviewers! i didn't really have that much in common with either of them (one was an administrator person and the other was an MD) but they were incredibly friendly and laid back.

and haha, i can't help it if i'm drawn to obnoxious/creepy things like conan-frond and sanjaya-girl! your comment has given me some ideas for new, very interesting avatars... :laugh:

AHHHH i interviewed today and LOVED rush/my interviewers! i didn't really have that much in common with either of them (one was an administrator person and the other was an MD) but they were incredibly friendly and laid back.

and haha, i can't help it if i'm drawn to obnoxious/creepy things like conan-frond and sanjaya-girl! your comment has given me some ideas for new, very interesting avatars... :laugh:

I was there too... loved it, everyone was so helpful

Yay!! You loved it!

i also like obnoxious and creepy things. it will be fun if we're classmates :thumbup:

At the end of the interview day, Jill said that the file status goes to "file incomplete". Mine still says "file complete". Just wondering...does anyone have file incomplete status post-interview?

hey medicalkid!

no i didn't hear back, nor did i get a response email after i sent them one explaining my situation =(

if i were you, i would call and speak directly with jill. i mean they said 3-6 weeks, and its def. been 6 weeks for you. you still shouldn't worry though b/c i'm sure a lot of ppl who interviewed haven't heard back yet or this thread would have been flooded. you can always call to ask whats up w/ your file, and maybe she'll give you a definite date on when you'll get a response back.

best of luck

Status
Not open for further replies.