2009-2010 Rush Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know what parking is like for students who live in Center Court? Are there garages for overnight parking? What's the monthly fee? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know what parking is like for students who live in Center Court? Are there garages for overnight parking? What's the monthly fee? Thank you!

A parking spot is included in your rent

I sent in a letter of intent, but according to Rush admissions they can't verify whether or not they've received it "due to the large volume of mail" they receive. Should I just trust that it got to the right place or should I e-mail them a copy of it just in case? Any suggestions?

Members don't see this ad :)
I sent in a letter of intent, but according to Rush admissions they can't verify whether or not they've received it "due to the large volume of mail" they receive. Should I just trust that it got to the right place or should I e-mail them a copy of it just in case? Any suggestions?

I sent in a letter of intent awhile back and they replied with the standard "Committee on Admissions uses only your completed file" so I don't know what they are going to do with yours.....I heard that later this month or early may they will request update letters though (for waitlisters obvs)

Last edited:
I sent in a letter of intent awhile back and they replied with the standard "Committee on Admissions uses only your completed file" so I don't know what they are going to do with yours.....I heard that later this month or early may they will request update letters though (for waitlisters obvs)

Was that pre or post interview? I sent them updates pre-interview and that's how they responded. But that's, of course, not what they said in response to my letter post interview.

Was that pre or post interview? I sent them updates pre-interview and that's how they responded. But that's, of course, not what they said in response to my letter post interview.

It was post interview back in January, but that was a long time ago so things may have changed.....maybe I should try sending it to them again

has anyone gotten financial aid information yet?

haven't gotten any financial aid info yet, my file was complete a few weeks ago...

Accepted!!!!! So excited, this is my first acceptance! :D

I got an email around 10 am this morning, and I interviewed on 3/24!

congrats, that's awesome! if you have any questions ask away!

Congratulations! I am a bit jealous though since I also interview on 3/24 too....lol. I hope my good news comes this coming Friday :xf::xf::xf:

Anyone know if Rush rejects post-interview? And if so, roughly how much? Like, a lot, very little etc...

They definitely said that they reject some people post interview, but I don't remember if they said any statistics about how many people exactly...good luck!!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if a queen sized bed fits in a bedroom of the 2 bedroom dorm of center court? Thanks!

Anyone know if Rush rejects post-interview? And if so, roughly how much? Like, a lot, very little etc...

Last year I think they told us they interview 400 and accept 1.5-2x the class size - so I guess up to 260 people - so the odds are good of getting accepted post interview :)

Good Luck!

Last year I think they told us they interview 400 and accept 1.5-2x the class size - so I guess up to 260 people - so the odds are good of getting accepted post interview :)

Good Luck!

Do you know the odds of getting accepted off the waitlist? I was told that Rush's waitlist is unranked, so I'm curious as to how they decide who to accept off the waitlist.

I got this from the admissions dept, not sure if this was public knowledge or anything

Mean Step 1 Score - Rush 224 with a 98% pass rate
Mean Step 1 Score - National 221 with a 93% pass rate

2008-09
Mean Step 2 Score - Rush 231 with a 97% pass rate
Mean Step 2 Score - National 229 with a 96% pass rate

Do you know how this compares to other medical schools in IL?

I got this from the admissions dept, not sure if this was public knowledge or anything

Mean Step 1 Score - Rush 224 with a 98% pass rate
Mean Step 1 Score - National 221 with a 93% pass rate

2008-09
Mean Step 2 Score - Rush 231 with a 97% pass rate
Mean Step 2 Score - National 229 with a 96% pass rate

Yes - the rooms are both a good size, you will have no problem getting a queen in there as well as other furniture.

Here's a link to the floor plans with dimension information

http://www.rushu.rush.edu/servlet/S...Level3Page/Level_3_Student_Services_Area_Page

Thanks for the information!

I was wondering if roommates pay equal rent for a two bedroom or if the roommate with the master bedroom pays more. If the rents are unequal, do you know how much of a difference it is?

Thanks for the information!

I was wondering if roommates pay equal rent for a two bedroom or if the roommate with the master bedroom pays more. If the rents are unequal, do you know how much of a difference it is?

I think you are charged equal through center court - but some roommates work it out on an individual basis - such as there is 1 parking spot guaranteed per apt (but it's really easy to get a 2nd one) - so I know some people that have a car take the smaller room, but take the parking spot and pay the same rent. Others might pay the person a little with the smaller room, and some people don't do anything extra - you'll just have to work things out with your roommate. Also you might get paired with a M2, M3, or some other grad student who has already been living there for a while, it's not always another M1 - I know some people were surprised by this, so just a heads up!

OMG I just withdrew from Rush. It's a lovely school and it was such a hard decision, but I hope that one of you on the waitlist gets the spot! GOOD LUCK!! :xf::)

OMG I just withdrew from Rush. It's a lovely school and it was such a hard decision, but I hope that one of you on the waitlist gets the spot! GOOD LUCK!! :xf::)

This definitely helps us waitlisters, however I guess Rush sells themselves too well and they haven't been reaching the waitlist in the past couple years, I really really hope it changes this year. This is my 2nd time applying and I really don't want to have to go through it all over again :(

yeah just to warn you guys. there was no movement of the waitlist last year. generally a really high percent of people accept their acceptances

How can I get a second parking spot?

I think you are charged equal through center court - but some roommates work it out on an individual basis - such as there is 1 parking spot guaranteed per apt (but it's really easy to get a 2nd one) - so I know some people that have a car take the smaller room, but take the parking spot and pay the same rent. Others might pay the person a little with the smaller room, and some people don't do anything extra - you'll just have to work things out with your roommate. Also you might get paired with a M2, M3, or some other grad student who has already been living there for a while, it's not always another M1 - I know some people were surprised by this, so just a heads up!

How can I get a second parking spot?

Do you mean both you and your roommate need a parking spot or ...? I'm pretty sure if you apply both of you can get one or else I don't think they can give you personally two parking spots. You have 2 cars?

Do you mean both you and your roommate need a parking spot or ...? I'm pretty sure if you apply both of you can get one or else I don't think they can give you personally two parking spots. You have 2 cars?

No, I only have one car, but so does my roommate.

Does anybody know if the lectures are recorded and available online? Is it common for most students to attend lectures at Rush? Thanks for your help!

Does anybody know if the lectures are recorded and available online? Is it common for most students to attend lectures at Rush? Thanks for your help!

Yes the lectures are recorded and available online. A lot of the current M2 class don't attend lecture. For our class, the M1 class, I would say 1/2-1/3 attend class. I don't think class is necessary almost all the notes are in the syllabi. I would say attend Anatomy and Immuno ones in your M1 year. Go over the slides for the rest the classes.

Hi abmd,

Can you please check your msg box.. I had a quick question for you..

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.