2009-2010 Case Western Reserve University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:scared:what do they mean by "physician investigator"

Members don't see this ad.

Hey I'm thinking of applying here. Can anyone tell me their impressions of the school? Is Cleveland interesting at all?

Members don't see this ad :)
Myuu, which are you? college track or university track?

Sweet, Case looks awesome. Good choice! I really hope I get an interview with either program.

Sweet, Case looks awesome. Good choice! I really hope I get an interview with either program.

If you get both interviews, I believe they schedule them on consecutive days. Prepare to marathon!!

hi all.. class of 2013 case student here.. pm with with questions. i dont know much about case yet (since ive been here for like 2 weeks) but i know enough to be of some help!!

peace love and case.

hi all.. class of 2013 case student here.. pm with with questions. i dont know much about case yet (since ive been here for like 2 weeks) but i know enough to be of some help!!

peace love and case.

Aight, which one of my fine 166 fellow UP/MSTPers are you?:laugh::thumbup:

Aight, which one of my fine 166 fellow UP/MSTPers are you?:laugh::thumbup:

What the heck is your avatar? It's kind of....uh, strange, shall I say? Ha ha, it's bewitching. I can't stop looking at it.

What the heck is your avatar? It's kind of....uh, strange, shall I say? Ha ha, it's bewitching. I can't stop looking at it.

I wish I knew! I encountered a similar problem a year ago. And now I'm stuck with it.:laugh:

are the they strict about the 3500 character limit? it says about 3500 so im not sure

good to see a lot of action already for the next year class! it's so exciting :)

sup myuu :D

on the topic of stats for our recently accepted class (i'm class of 2013, up student)
hmm let's see, the UP students had an average mcat of 34.1 and the cclcm average was 34.7 i believe, and the gpa averages were 3.66 and 3.7 or something close to that. so it's not a huge difference in terms of numbers.

good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
Case is super-fast. I submitted last night and was marked complete this morning. I'm impressed with the school already.

Case is super-fast. I submitted last night and was marked complete this morning. I'm impressed with the school already.

We're just that cool!

Sup desice!!

You know, if we keep up this injury rate, we're going to all be on crutches by January...

Last edited:
just added Case to my school list after some consideration. good luck to all!

Just submitted, though its against my better judgement. This school is way out of my league. I tried to skip it so i dont have to feel bad when they reject me asap :(. But dr mehta got me too excited about the school :(. I guess at least its free? :)

So i was looking at the print preview of my application and I noticed this:
CURRICULUM ESSAY (CCLCM ONLY) . Does anyone know what this is as I did not see it anywhere on the actual app itself

CURRICULUM ESSAY (CCLCM ONLY) . Does anyone know what this is as I did not see it anywhere on the actual app itself
its for those applying to the cleveland clinic program, its a 5 yr research oriented MD program at case. If u didnt apply to it, which i doubt you did judging from your response, its nothign to worry about its not needed:)

Lol I'm applying to the CCCLM program but I had only two essay show up as being required(the group essay and weakness one)

Lol I'm applying to the CCCLM program but I had only two essay show up as being required(the group essay and weakness one)
lol sorry im stupid :p. I thought u meant you didnt know what it is :oops:

I searched for that too but couldn't find it. Maybe a mistake carry-over from last years app?

I searched for that too but couldn't find it. Maybe a mistake carry-over from last years app?

I would ask for you, but I have no idea how to contact the CCLCM admissions office. The UP one isright around the corner, though...

I would ask for you, but I have no idea how to contact the CCLCM admissions office. The UP one isright around the corner, though...

omg your dang avatar. everytime I see a post from you I waste a good 3 min just staring at that thing :laugh:

omg your dang avatar. everytime I see a post from you I waste a good 3 min just staring at that thing :laugh:

It's subliminally suggesting that Case is awesome and you don't want to go anywhere else.:thumbup:

...Yeah.

For anyone else wondering, I called today and was told that it was a carry over from last year.:thumbup:

So...I have a few research experiences...Does it matter which I talk about? I sorta talked about one in my personal essay which was much more scientific and advanced bc it was research in a lab...the other option is a clinical research project i did in undergrad which really wasnt that complicated...but which had results that i could talk about. Which is better...to talk technical or give a story with a beginning middle and end?

thannnks

you know what, my knee is starting to pain a little...

:)

Well, it doesn't have to be the knee. There's lots of variety in the bones left for the rest of the class to break...:thumbup:

anyone find this secondary even worse than chicago?? hahah maybe I'm just being a baby, but I've finished all my other secondary essays and now just have this one. and i can't seem to get myself motivated to do it. luckily there's the 2 week deadline, so I have to do it soon. I really wish my LORs were all in so I could actually send these darn things

anyone find this secondary even worse than chicago?? hahah maybe I'm just being a baby, but I've finished all my other secondary essays and now just have this one. and i can't seem to get myself motivated to do it. luckily there's the 2 week deadline, so I have to do it soon. I really wish my LORs were all in so I could actually send these darn things
it was a pain, but no where near as bad as the UCs, USC, or rush, or loyola. I procrastinated a lot on case though.

Pritzker's last year I just didn't bother finishing, actually.:laugh::laugh:

But I submitted Case's secondary late, so by then I'd already assembled most of the material needed to write those essays.... essay? Hmm...

So...I have a few research experiences...Does it matter which I talk about? I sorta talked about one in my personal essay which was much more scientific and advanced bc it was research in a lab...the other option is a clinical research project i did in undergrad which really wasnt that complicated...but which had results that i could talk about. Which is better...to talk technical or give a story with a beginning middle and end?

thannnks

in the "optional" research essay, i talked about all of my different research experiences in order and showed how i "evolved" with them. i put more emphasis on my current/most recent research project. i had talked about research in my personal statement, but hadn't gone into much details. the case research essay allows you to go into the technicals, so use that to your advantage to show you know your stuff

Anybody else hear about Obama's upcoming visit to the Cleveland Clinic this week? In his press conference today he mentioned that it's another example (in addition to Mayo) of what health care should look like. :thumbup:

Anybody else hear about Obama's upcoming visit to the Cleveland Clinic this week? In his press conference today he mentioned that it's another example (in addition to Mayo) of what health care should look like. :thumbup:
yup he'll be here tomorrow. i guess today now.

thumbs up? thumbs up to rushing health care reform? we need GOOD reform, and i don't see what obama's hurry is to finish it all in the next few weeks.

yup he'll be here tomorrow. i guess today now.

thumbs up? thumbs up to rushing health care reform? we need GOOD reform, and i don't see what obama's hurry is to finish it all in the next few weeks.

Yikes, I just meant thumbs up to Cleveland Clinic as a model for health care reform. You're not disputing that, are you? :confused:

Yikes, I just meant thumbs up to Cleveland Clinic as a model for health care reform. You're not disputing that, are you? :confused:
oh misunderstood. as i understand it, they pay physicians a set salary so doctors don't all clamor to get the most # of procedures in possible. that's a good idea that should be looked at more.

but boo obamacare as it stands

case has a two week deadline? does this include LORs?

what are you talking about 2 weeks?
that is not true (i think)

case has a two week deadline? does this include LORs?

what are you talking about 2 weeks?
that is not true (i think)

Here's a portion of what I received in the e-mail from case asking me to complete their secondary: We request that you complete the online secondary within two weeks of receipt even though the deadline for last submission is December 15; completing the secondary as early as possible will enhance your chances of being invited for an interview.

So I guess they don't have a 2-week deadline but they strongly encourage you to complete it within two weeks. No, I don't think that incldues LORs since you can submit the secondary without the LORs being downloaded, but I would call them just to be sure. Good luck everyone :luck:

Status
Not open for further replies.