2008-2009 St. Louis University (SLU) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So has anyone heard when they start pulling from the waitlist? Tomorrow, Monday, just anytime after? My guess would be just anytime after tomorrow, but just curious if any of you have heard when they start, good luck everyone!

I'm going to guess that they won't start pulling names off the waitlist until they have reviewed all applicants. Otherwise they'd be screwing all the kids like me who interviewed in mid april and haven't been reviewed yet... I just don't think they'd do that.

I think that most of the may 15th movement occurs as students withdraw, ie someone who's top choice isn't slu and withdrew yesterday would have had their spot filled immediately by whoever was at the top of the waitlist. I have seen a lot of this movement on other med school threads that I track in the last week or two, but not on this thread.
Just my two cents...

Members don't see this ad.

Hey all,

I just got home from graduation and I had an e-mail waiting for me in my inbox: waitlist. I can't say I'm shocked but it's about time, as I was interviewed on 3/30! Sending them my updated grades now... :xf:

Last edited:
Good luck guys, hopefully we'll see some movement soon. Anybody heard anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email today that the committee has assigned me a position on the alternate list, and that they are requesting that I update my info. They also wanted to know if I wanted to keep my application in consideration or withdraw it. I was wondering if anyone else got it?

Has anyone heard anything today? I am thinking about giving them a call tomorrow,

Any luck?

I just called and they told me that there has been some movement so far. They call you and then email you. That's all the lady would tell me.

I just called and they told me that there has been some movement so far. They call you and then email you. That's all the lady would tell me.

Good to know there has been some movement, and I guess now we know it just hasn't been for any SDNers, lol

Did anyone ever figure out what their waitlist process is like? Do they rank, is it an applicant pool, or are they not revealing their secret?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewed April 6th, waitlisted today by e-mail.

:scared:
I interviewed 4/14, no email. Either they still haven't reviewed me... or more likely a rejection :(.

So I was waitlisted yesterday and now I have an acceptance e-mail. I think I am going to call them...

So I was waitlisted yesterday and now I have an acceptance e-mail. I think I am going to call them...

wow, weird, must be a roller-coaster. Good luck!

is this the first sign of some movement?

So what did they say? Are you in?? Congrats if you are!

Wow this thread is so quiet its deafening :)

I came to this thread to gather up the list of accepted-off-the-WL people so I could add you guys to ***Official 2009 Waitlist Movement Thread*** but i agree... the silence is deafening...

If anybody does get off the WL, please add yourself to the above thread! :D I can't keep track of all 100 school-specific threads. :scared:

So they said I am accepted and confirmed that I was initially waitlisted, albeit for less than 24 hours. Too bad all waitlists weren't this fast! I have been sitting on another list for over 5 months so I know how a long wait feels. Hopefully good news will start flowing from here on out. Good luck everybody!

Congrats on the acceptance! Wish I could have a waitlist movement that quickly lol. Still crossing the fingers to be accepted off of one of the 2 waitlists I'm sitting on.

By any chance does anyone happen to know if there is a preferential computer to get if you attend SLU medical school? For instance, pc versus mac laptop? If I finally get off of one of these waitlists I'm going to have to replace my dead laptop and wanting to make sure not to replace with the wrong thing.

Congrats.

I called them because someone earlier on the thread posted they also reject by email. They still haven't reviewed me and it looks like the waitlist is moving already :mad:

Congrats.

I called them because someone earlier on the thread posted they also reject by email. They still haven't reviewed me and it looks like the waitlist is moving already :mad:

I wonder how fast the waitlist is moving?? It seems like if it was moving very quickly more than one SDNer would have posted ya know?

If anybody finds out anything else be sure to post it! Good luck!

Hopefully today will see more SDNers coming off the list! G'luck! :luck:

Got a waitlist letter dated 9am their this morning after an email 4:45 pm yesterday that I hadn't been reviewed yet. Either I bothered them by asking (hope not :p) or they review on Wednesdays?

Got a waitlist letter dated 9am their this morning after an email 4:45 pm yesterday that I hadn't been reviewed yet. Either I bothered them by asking (hope not :p) or they review on Wednesdays?

Unlike other schools, I don't think they have set days they review... It seems like they have more of a constant flow, but I could be wrong, maybe somebody else knows...

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster...

I was waitlisted at SLU about one to two weeks ago and just got word today that I was accepted! So, a few things that I have gathered about this process with SLU SOM:

1. The waitlist is moving.
2. The waitlist is "ranked", but the waitlist letter that they send out states that they will not reveal a student's ranking.
3. If you want to go to this school, tell them. Yesterday, I did just that and wala!! there was an acceptance in my inbox when I woke up this morning.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I was in your shoes. As of yesterday I had zero acceptances, only waitlists. Your day will come! Good luck!

Hi everyone,
3. If you want to go to this school, tell them. Yesterday, I did just that and wala!! there was an acceptance in my inbox when I woke up this morning.

Wow, congrats! How did you tell them? Letter of interest? Email?

I'll be giving up my spot on Mon or Tues - just got off the waitlist at my state school (waiting for the official letter). Everybody wins!

Hi everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster...

I was waitlisted at SLU about one to two weeks ago and just got word today that I was accepted! So, a few things that I have gathered about this process with SLU SOM:

1. The waitlist is moving.
2. The waitlist is "ranked", but the waitlist letter that they send out states that they will not reveal a student's ranking.

Good luck to everyone still waiting. I was in your shoes. As of yesterday I had zero acceptances, only waitlists. Your day will come! Good luck!

I sent them a letter saying that I really want to go to their school and a little blurb about the research I started in Jan. All I got was an email saying that they added my letter to the file. I guess this means that I am way far down the waitlist.

i actually sent and email to my interviewer with a few updates and stuff

he said i didnt need to update my file and implied a favorable position on the waitlist..

thats as far as i am saying :D

gluck everyone and congrats rebs

I will be withdrawing from SLU tomorrow as I was accepted elsewhere, so hopefully my spot goes to one of you. Good luck!

I will be withdrawing from SLU tomorrow as I was accepted elsewhere, so hopefully my spot goes to one of you. Good luck!

Congratulations on your other acceptance! (Thanks for choosing the other school :) ) Seriously though, thank you for withdrawing in a timely manner, good luck with med school!

yay one more spot for us!! congrats on getting your top choice!

So, anyone heard anything today?

So question for those of you who have been pulled from the waitlist... When did you receive the e-mail? I'm just wondering if it is the kind of thing where they send them out every morning, or if they are completely random throughout the day...

just withdrew today, hopefully one of you guys gets my spot!

Quiet way to end the week... There is always next week!

Yep, quiet again. I guess May 15th doesn't mean that much for acceptances at some schools.

Thanks! I love how many people are withdrawing!

Congrats on Yeshiva!!

Guys, I think I figured out how we can all get in. Call everyone you know who got into SLU and tell them to go to other places. Hahha. It will work !!:D

Guys, I think I figured out how we can all get in. Call everyone you know who got into SLU and tell them to go to other places. Hahha. It will work !!:D

Yes, good call! I actually ran into a friend last night who got into 6 schools, 3 of which are my waitlist schools. She's not going to any of my 3, woo hoo!

I will be withdrawing on Monday, so I hope that gives some hope to ya'll.

Status
Not open for further replies.