2008-2009 St. Louis University (SLU) Secondary Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my "alternate list" email today. Interviewed first week of March.

The Committee on Admissions of Saint Louis University School of Medicine has completed its review of your application, together with all supporting documents.

The Committee has voted and selected you as a member of the alternate list of students applying to enter in August 2009. The Committee wishes to emphasize that you were chosen as an alternate over numerous able competitors.

We hope you continue to be interested in attending our School and encourage you to remain flexible as the prolonged admissions process continues.

Please keep this office informed of any changes in your status. Submit any new facts such as grades, test scores, or other changes to the Committee as soon as possible so that information may be included in your application.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
interviewed on 2/24/09 and still no result. I called and they said that nothing yet was decided.:confused:

Has anyone heard of any movement on the waitlist? Should I send an update letter saying that I am still interested in SLU? This is really nerve wrecking... why don't they tell us the ranking of the waitlist?

Got the alternate note today. They probably don't announce the alternate ranking so that they can change it if they want and no one will know that someone in the medium rank got accepted over someone in the high rank.

For those of you who have sent update letters/letters of interest, did you address them to the admissions committee or to Dr. Willmore?

I withdrew from SLU today. Good luck to everyone on the alternate list!

Has anyone been accepted from the alternate list yet? I am looking forward to seeing some movement start!

Has anyone been accepted from the alternate list yet? I am looking forward to seeing some movement start!

Yea, it seems like they aren't planning on doing any moving up the list till after the 15th! Guess we'll have to wait until then! Hey, at least it is now May 1, only 14 days!

... Double post ...

Members don't see this ad :)
Will any post-interview decisions be made after May 15? I haven't heard back from SLU since 6 weeks ago :(

Will any post-interview decisions be made after May 15? I haven't heard back from SLU since 6 weeks ago :(

interviewed 6 weeks ago too, still no word.... :shifty:

were you also on March 16th? I called them and the admissions robot person repeated "we will contact you when a decision is made" in response to all my questions. lol

I interviewed on March 16th and I got word on April 23 that I was waitlisted. I think the committee sends out decisions on Thursdays, so I am sure you will hear this coming thursday because May 15 is rapidly approaching!

I heard on a Monday of my decision....

Interviewed on 3/23 and waitlisted today.... probably not going to go here anyway so that's ok! Good luck to everyone else if this is your last hope :)

Do you guys know if SLU rejects anyone or just waitlists everyone who is not accepted?

I was wondering the same thing....was anyone rejected post-interview?

Still no news for me (its been 8 week!). Is anybody else still waiting for a post-interview response?

I'm at 4 weeks waiting... Am I going to have to wait until june 15 to hear something? By then my decision will probably be made...

I interviewed on Feb 24 and still haven't gotten a response.

I interviewed on Feb 24 and still haven't gotten a response.

Wow. I interviewed about 5 weeks ago and have been anxious, but now I guess I wont hold my breath.

They said they were behind in meetings when I called - I wonder if it is possible to just never hear back at all :S
Wow to the person at the 10 week mark! Maybe it depends on our interviewers- i.e. how busy they have been.

Could it be.that the adcom doesn't meet that often?

First of all, sorry to all of you who interviewed weeks and weeks ago and still haven't heard!!

Second, what do you guys think? Is there going to be any waitlist movement before people have even heard initially? Can we expect to have the waitlist movement not to start for a while then?

First of all, sorry to all of you who interviewed weeks and weeks ago and still haven't heard!!

Second, what do you guys think? Is there going to be any waitlist movement before people have even heard initially? Can we expect to have the waitlist movement not to start for a while then?

I don't know what to think. Just based on this thread there hasn't been much waitlist movement at all... I think they are waiting until they are done reviewing students before pulling alternates off the list...

I've got two to four weeks before my application finally goes to the committee (interviewed 4 weeks ago).

If the backlog is that bad, they should give me a call. I'll help them review our files :D

waitlisted today. I interviewed 3/31. The email said at one point...

"The Committee wishes to emphasize that you were chosen as an alternate over numerous able competitors."

That seems to indicate that rejections are going out. Either that or it's just rhetoric to make me feel better about the waitlist :rolleyes:

Has anybody on the waitlist received an Alternate List Update e-mail? I hope this means that they're getting ready to move through the waitlist.

Another wait list here. I interviewed on 2-24, so it's about time.

Waitlist here as well, interivew 3/5ish.

i am kind of relieved.. i was thinknig rejection when the AdCom did not get a decision within the allotted 4-6weeks. still no acceptances anywhere though

waitlisted here too. interviewed 4/7ish (i think)....3 interviews = 3 waitlists

Has anybody on the waitlist received an Alternate List Update e-mail? I hope this means that they're getting ready to move through the waitlist.
Hey evax, I received an update email. Basically it was asking me to confirm that I was still interested in the school... which I am :)

I finally got my AL email. I will be withdrawing my app though. Good luck to you all.

I got waitlisted today as well. I count six of us so far who got a response today.

I imagine that anyone who hasnt' heard by now was essentially "interviewing for waitlist spots" even 10 weeks ago... My guess is that they are trying to get out all of the alternate list e-mails before the 15th so they can start working through that list on the 18th... It behooves them to move through the list fast because if they don't other schools will get candidates first...

That being said, once you are on the waitlist, you may be well above people who got placed on it many months ago, so it really isn't bad news...

Got the waitlist e-mail today as well. I imagine SLU has some decent waitlist movement with how expensive it is.

waitlisted today. I interviewed 3/31. The email said at one point...

"The Committee wishes to emphasize that you were chosen as an alternate over numerous able competitors."

That seems to indicate that rejections are going out. Either that or it's just rhetoric to make me feel better about the waitlist :rolleyes:

My guess is they waitlist you as long as you're not a total freak.

So has anyone heard when they start pulling from the waitlist? Tomorrow, Monday, just anytime after? My guess would be just anytime after tomorrow, but just curious if any of you have heard when they start, good luck everyone!

dont know about that- but i was told that SLU does reject people after interview- so we're all very lucky :)

Status
Not open for further replies.