WWizards of WWaverly Place - GAME THREAD!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
ok full disclosure I somehow missed that Dubz had followed up after her naked vote, but looking back it is equally as odd, I don’t like that y’all picking people that haven’t shown up, seems like low hanging fruit.
It also kind of feels like low hanging fruit to go after them for this though.

Like I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where people didn’t vote D1 for someone who hadn’t shown up yet.

If their vote sits there quietly into yeet close then I’ll get suspicious.

Members don't see this ad.

• Hmm
Reactions: 2 users
Ok has anyone else thought about how there should be a granny sim WW game or is it just me
So... the grandkids are the wolves, and the grannies are the villagers, and the grannies get to choose a little s*** to launch every day? I can get behind that

Edited for a spelling error

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4 users
Shorty likes pressure votes, NAI
I know, but I don’t.
In both this game and in England, people acted like putting a vote on someone who hadn't posted much was this novel concept. Did y'all forget what pressure votes are? Or that votes aren't permanent?
See above. I didn’t forget they exist, I just think it’s pointless. Especially since as you said, you will likely move them anyway and they don’t actually mean anything.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It also kind of feels like low hanging fruit to go after them for this though.

Like I don’t think I’ve ever played a game where people didn’t vote D1 for someone who hadn’t shown up yet.

If their vote sits there quietly into yeet close then I’ll get suspicious.
its low hanging fruit to disagree with a voting method on the first day? in terms of pressure voting someone who hasnt beenn on yet, maybe if it was 36/12 it wouldnt bother me as much but 12/12 goes quick, and those pressure votes sit for a but and turn into real votes in the blink of an eye. and shorty is here so there can be discussion, unlike votes on genny or samac. they dont really drive the game forward

Oooh excited to see if Genny starts howling D1

• Hmm
Reactions: 3 users
how is a retaliation vote on dubz howling, btw?
It's not. That's why I said waiting to see if you will because sometimes you get in a real howly mood when you're woof

• Hmm
  • Haha
its low hanging fruit to disagree with a voting method on the first day? in terms of pressure voting someone who hasnt beenn on yet, maybe if it was 36/12 it wouldnt bother me as much but 12/12 goes quick, and those pressure votes sit for a but and turn into real votes in the blink of an eye. and shorty is here so there can be discussion, unlike votes on genny or samac. they dont really drive the game forward
So you think votes relatively early to mid D1 should be limited to people who have posted?

Oh I agree with your principle. That’s why I worry if you were a wolf this would be an easy way to win points with me while throwing sus onto shorty.
I mean you wolfed with me in England, you should know that this isnt wolfy behavior for me. I'd just hop on some other vote that someone else started and skirt by if I were a wolf

• Hmm
Members don't see this ad :)
Ok? You also yeeted me and lost the game. This is definitely a salt vote -- which should be apparent from the "REEEEE" in capital letters -- so I still don't see what your point is.
If it's definitely a salt vote, why are you actively spending all your posts trying to recruit others instead of discussing anyone else as well?

• Wow
  • Hmm
So you think votes relatively early to mid D1 should be limited to people who have posted?
like unless its a joke/salt vote, yeah it would probably benefit the game most to stick to that. like if people arent on, they arent on. no conversation is going to stem from that vote unless theres someone like me that doesnt vibe with it. and with how different everyones schedules are, in a 12/12 cycle like what are the odds that a pressure vote becomes a real vote because like Samac doesnt come on until you're offline?

like unless its a joke/salt vote, yeah it would probably benefit the game most to stick to that. like if people arent on, they arent on. no conversation is going to stem from that vote unless theres someone like me that doesnt vibe with it. and with how different everyones schedules are, in a 12/12 cycle like what are the odds that a pressure vote becomes a real vote because like Samac doesnt come on until you're offline?
but a pressure vote is a real vote. you're really going to vote for that person if they don't participate. otherwise, where's the pressure?

• Hmm
Can you explain how one vote is putting samac in grave danger?

• Okay...
Reactions: 4 users
i see you spreading all that shade around.
Your D1 howling somehow makes me want to laugh and yeet you at the same time so I was gonna be excited if that's how you waltzed in

Regardless, you're not howling so no shade is being thrown

• Hmm
Reactions: 1 user
If it's a salt vote, why are you actively spending all your posts trying to recruit others instead of discussing anyone else?
"Actively spending all of your posts" --> I made 1 "vote for AM, lulz" post.

I was questioning bread for a hot second there, am watching this genny/april dynamic with interest, and I don't think MKG is acting wolfy despite trying to defend herself with "I would do xyz as wolf" in that post she just made.

Meanwhile, you seem to only be interested in the one person who deigned to drop a D1 salt vote on you. Touchy much?

but a pressure vote is a real vote. you're really going to vote for that person if they don't participate. otherwise, where's the pressure?
But that’s the problem. That’s not finding a wolf, that’s finding a low poster. Who if they remain below the participation threshold, will be mod killed any way.

But that’s the problem. That’s not finding a wolf, that’s finding a low poster. Who if they remain below the participation threshold, will be mod killed any way.
if we can get them to not be a low poster through pressure, there are fewer low posters for wolves to hide behind.

• Hmm
Reactions: 6 users
"Actively spending all of your posts" --> I made 1 "vote for AM, lulz" post.

I was questioning bread for a hot second there, am watching this genny/april dynamic with interest, and I don't think MKG is acting wolfy despite trying to defend herself with "I would do xyz as wolf" in that post she just made.

Meanwhile, you seem to only be interested in the one person who deigned to drop a D1 salt vote on you. Touchy much?
You were questioning why Bread didn't actually vote me with you. That's hardly real questioning unless you want me to be a real wagon. In which case, you're lying about this being a salt vote.

Let me know what your conclusion is from genny/April when you make one.

And I only got your mkg post just now, so nice try.

Saying I'm only interested in you if laughable. Got a reason to be concerned with me talking to you?

• Wow
It is a real vote, unlike joke/salt votes. It also is a real vote that usually changes once people show up and post. I'm really not sure why you're acting like my RNGed, single vote on samac is this big thing.

Also, re the last part - are you trying to get at missing changing a vote because of not being present and so missing that she comes online? Because I've never missed a yeet close and don't intend to start.

• Hmm
if we can get them to not be a low poster through pressure, there are fewer low posters for wolves to hide behind.
This is how 90% of the wolf team in England got outted.

• Okay...
  • Hmm
But has pressure ever really worked to bring a low poster up to an average poster?

I think they can be useful for generating interesting yeet heat responses but not so useful in actually getting people to participate if they weren't going to participate much to begin with

My point is, like if the person isnt on, it doesnt do much in terms of getting them to post. and that because the cycles are shorter there may not be overlap between peoples times online so while a pressure vote looks like there doing something, its not really doing anything because it probably wont lead to further interactions between the people pressure voting and being pressure voted, if that makes sense. tbh not sure if it makes sense in my head anymore lol.
Can you explain how one vote is putting samac in grave danger?
Hi dont put words in my mouth thanks :biglove:I'm not saying shorty's one vote is going to kill samac. I'm saying that, like above, in a short cycle I'm not sure if pressure votes will do much, because people come on at different times there is less overlap in activity during day cycles and that it probably will just be an empty action.

My point is, like if the person isnt on, it doesnt do much in terms of getting them to post. and that because the cycles are shorter there may not be overlap between peoples times online so while a pressure vote looks like there doing something, its not really doing anything because it probably wont lead to further interactions between the people pressure voting and being pressure voted, if that makes sense. tbh not sure if it makes sense in my head anymore lol.

Hi dont put words in my mouth thanks :biglove:I'm not saying shorty's one vote is going to kill samac. I'm saying that, like above, in a short cycle I'm not sure if pressure votes will do much, because people come on at different times there is less overlap in activity during day cycles and that it probably will just be an empty action.
But how is it any more of an empty action than salt/joke votes, which apparently you don't take issue with?

You were questioning why Bread didn't actually vote me with you. That's hardly real questioning unless you want me to be a real wagon. In which case, you're lying about this being a salt vote.
You don't think the reason I could be questioning bread is because oh, I dunno, I'm interested in bread?

• Hmm
  • Care
I think it’s low hanging fruit to try and yeet people for pressure voting, yes.

I’ve yet to play a game where people didn’t put a vote down to pressure someone early on.

You are making fair points about it being 12/12. Shorter cycle = less time to post/analyze posts. There’s still like 7 hours though.

Are you reading Shorty and Dubz equally wolfy for their votes on Samac and Genny?

• Hmm
It's only an empty action if you move your vote the second they appear (without giving any hard hitting content). Like just an hour ago people were complaining because it was too quiet. The only two options are to keep letting it be quiet unless everyone has checked in at least once or vote and have that content start generating. Like do you have a read on samac? Do you think her response to shorty's vote will help you formulate a read?

But how is it any more of an empty action than salt/joke votes, which apparently you don't take issue with?
because it can be looked at under the pretense of "look I'm helping village by applying pressure!" when it wont achieve anything in a short cycle, joke/salt votes are just that, jokes that arent serious votes.

• Love
Unyeet zenge
YEET April

That Genny/April thing pinged me, so I went back and re-read all of April’s posts. Lately I feel April’s village vibe is so strong to me in other games, but I’m not seeing it this game.

Animosa Espinoza - D1 Tally

mkg (1) - alley
Zenge (1) - AM
AM (1) - Pippy
genny (1) - dubz
samac (1) - shorty
shorty (1) - mkg
dubz (1) - genny
April (1) - sunshine

Currently leading: everyone!
Missing: half
Day ends at 9 pm EST today (~6.5 hours remaining)
please tag if any errors

• Love
I think it’s low hanging fruit to try and yeet people for pressure voting, yes.

I’ve yet to play a game where people didn’t put a vote down to pressure someone early on.

You are making fair points about it being 12/12. Shorter cycle = less time to post/analyze posts. There’s still like 7 hours though.

Are you reading Shorty and Dubz equally wolfy for their votes on Samac and Genny?
They both pinged me yes, however Shorty is on thread and Dubz isnt which is why I'm focusing on her right now, the conversation can move along much more quickly since we are both here.

• Hmm
You don't think the reason I could be questioning bread is because oh, I dunno, I'm interested in bread?
Let's see you do more with Bread then. Put your money where your mouth is.

That Genny/April thing pinged me, so I went back and re-read all of April’s posts. Lately I feel April’s village vibe is so strong to me in other games, but I’m not seeing it this game.
I happen to agree with this but I also really don't want to yeet April D1 AGAIN.

• Care
because it can be looked at under the pretense of "look I'm helping village by applying pressure!" when it wont achieve anything in a short cycle, joke/salt votes are just that, jokes that arent serious votes.
Again, you're acting like pressure votes are completely static no matter what, and they're not.

Every game ever? Including in England when she got yeeted D1?
Oh right, the samac thing. "Every game ever" is a huge exaggeration from there though. She gets N1'd a lot, but D1'd is different.

• Wow
  • Hmm
That was mostly due to being nightkilled by wolves though, yes?
I think two were N1 kills, one was a D1 yeet, and one was me somewhat accidentally shooting myself to clear you

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Again, you're acting like pressure votes are completely static no matter what, and they're not.
I mean they are more static than salt votes IMO. my concern is that all the people on now arent going to be on when the other half of the roster decides to show up. Maybe I'm just paranoid because I havent played a 12/12 since my first game, but a concern of mine is that pressure votes from now dont get removed after people show up, because the people who placed them arent on thread, and wolves capitalize on it and build a wagon on some random person. like sure pressure vote someone D2, D3, but its D1 and we started on a week day. I trust that everyone will show up when they can.