WVSOM - West Liberty Bridge Program 2019

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The competition among students also doesn’t make sense. I could see competition among students who were not conditionally accepted already. Those who just need the 3.4 are no longer competing for a seat at WVSOM. Otherwise, it sounds like pre-meds being pre-meds.
True!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Interview is in person at WVSOM, usually 3 faculty to 1, medical school style interview (since it's for the guaranteed admissions), and then you tour the school. It's pretty much like a medical school interview. This happens in the summer before the program.
Agreed! I think we get to interview before others, correct me if I'm wrong. Anyways, I heard from Sara yesterday - everything about the guaranteed admission comes straight from WVSOM and Gwen Byrd oversees our apps. They already have our (those who meet the requirements for guaranteed admission) files and will contact us to set up interviews when applications have been verified by AACOMAS - More info to come later.

Reactions: 1 users
Are we supposed to do anything right now to hold our spots? I saw a housing application, but I didn't see anything about a deposit.

Members don't see this ad :)
Are we supposed to do anything right now to hold our spots? I saw a housing application, but I didn't see anything about a deposit.
I don't think so. The classroom sizes are so small it doesn't look like we need to pay a deposit. Also I cannot remember where I read it but I vaguely remember seeing that there is no deposit required. However, there definitely will be a deposit for WVSOM if all goes well at the end of the academic year 2020.

No deposit required for the program ( https://westliberty.edu/mamsbiology/faqs-wvsom-bridge/ ). I would still go ahead and put a deposit on housing soon if you plan on staying in one of the campus apt or dorm, heard the good/nice places run out fast.

FYI - Classes begin August 26th. I'm curious to know when WVSOM would let us know how well we did on the interview, if it was acceptable or not (even if its a formality).

No deposit required for the program ( https://westliberty.edu/mamsbiology/faqs-wvsom-bridge/ ). I would still go ahead and put a deposit on housing soon if you plan on staying in one of the campus apt or dorm, heard the good/nice places run out fast.

FYI - Classes begin August 26th. I'm curious to know when WVSOM would let us know how well we did on the interview, if it was acceptable or not (even if its a formality).

I’m also curious. There really is not much time between the interview and moving your whole life to West Virginia. Makes planning for the future a little confusing. I’m not sure how to ask admissions that question without sounding pushy. I’m sure it’ll work out well for all of us!

Hi everyone! Just wondering if there was any updated information on whether we would find out about the success of the interview before classes start? Also with the 6/8 students that received guaranteed admission, anyone know why the other 2 did not? (Grades/interview?)

Also curious if there was a FB group for the incoming class?

Hi everyone! Just wondering if there was any updated information on whether we would find out about the success of the interview before classes start? Also with the 6/8 students that received guaranteed admission, anyone know why the other 2 did not? (Grades/interview?)
If we don't hear anything between now and interview time, then that's a question you could ask during the interview. I heard they left because they didn't have the MCAT scores and didn't feel like they were fully immersed in a medical program (weird).

I began registering for courses in the program today. Has anyone started this process?

I began registering for courses in the program today. Has anyone started this process?
I got an email from someone about starting registration yesterday too and will probably register...has anyone applied for housing yet?!

Hello, was wondering if anyone else is waiting to hear back? I applied last week (I know it’s late but I just heard about the program). Was anyone rejected despite meeting the benchmark requirements?

I applied about 3 weeks ago and still have no updates. How long does it take to hear back from them?

Members don't see this ad :)
@Zist @Maryzzzy - They are probably waiting for movements from currently accepted students. There should be movements starting from mid-May.

So, this happened
I got no call, no email no anything.
OUT OF CURIOSITY logged into admission portal and saw this (see pic)
this is for real?
Screen Shot 2019-05-02 at 7.19.11 PM.png
is it normal to not get the acceptance letter in email???

This happened to everybody or just me?

So, this happened
this is for real? View attachment 260925is it normal to not get the acceptance letter in email???
You will get an acceptance letter in the mail as well.

So, this happened
this is for real? View attachment 260925is it normal to not get the acceptance letter in email???

Congratulations!! Do you mind sharing stats?

3.8 gpa
3.6 sgpa
495 Mcat (so far, will retake)
Lots of research and volunteering
over 300 hours of work (as medical assistant)
1 publication
English as a second language student

Last edited:
3.8 gpa
3.6 sgpa
495 Mcat (so far, will retake)
Lots of research and volunteering
over 300 hours of work (as medical assistant)
1 publication
English as a second language student

Oh I see, thank you for sharing. That’s quite an impressive GPA :)

This happened to everybody or just me?
Lol I got an email saying congrats on your acceptance....THAT prompted me to log in and noticed I had been accepted like 3 days prior... literally thought it was a mistake haha

Hey everybody! I applied to the program 3 days ago, really hoping to get in. How long did it take before you heard a response from them? And those that have gotten in, do you mind sharing your stats please? Thank you!

Accepted :) but I’m super worried about the interview. Anyone heard anything from previous students about how tough it is?☹️

Hey everybody! I applied to the program 3 days ago, really hoping to get in. How long did it take before you heard a response from them? And those that have gotten in, do you mind sharing your stats please? Thank you!

Hi :) so it took them about a month to make the decision for me but someone else got it in about 3 weeks. I applied mid April and my stats are 3.5 cgpa, 3.3 sgpa and 496 MCAT.

Hi :) so it took them about a month to make the decision for me but someone else got it in about 3 weeks. I applied mid April and my stats are 3.5 cgpa, 3.3 sgpa and 496 MCAT.
Thank you so much for sharing your stats! Congratulations!!

Just got my new MCAT score this morning and now I’m good for the guaranteed acceptance!! Woohoo see you all in the fall

Are we required to resubmit the AACOMAS application to WVSOM prior to interviewing in July?

Are we required to resubmit the AACOMAS application to WVSOM prior to interviewing in July?

I emailed Sara asking her and she said no. I guess they take care of it themselves?

Gwen from WVSOM told me yesterday they will reach out to us via email early next month to set up interview dates.

Gwen from WVSOM told me yesterday they will reach out to us via email early next month to set up interview dates.

It’s like you knew that would be my next question! Thanks!

I’d make a group but it requires me to add at least one friend.. don’t know anyone in the program. If someone wants to message me their Facebook info I can make the group.

Gwen replied to an email I had. She told me we should be “hearing back from WVSOM regarding your status later this week” this is also her last day at WVSOM apparently. Sad to hear!

I’m sure yours is just a bit delayed because you only recently took the MCAT, right? You’ll get an email soon!

Sarah Sweeney said she put my MCAT score in my file on May 14th. So hopefully I’ll get the email soon!

I got mine this morning, did everyone get the 25th for the interview date?

I got mine this morning, did everyone get the 25th for the interview date?

Yep. It looks like we’re all on the same date. Look forward to meeting everyone finally!

How did they contact you all? Regular email? Or through west liberty account?
Email. Majority of communication has been through email after acceptance. Good luck! Excited to meet everyone :)

Hi everyone! I’m Berli, I was also accepted. Do we only have a FB group?

Hello and welcome! As far as I know it is just the Facebook.

Thank you! Excited to meet all of ya'll. & I'll have to open a FB. Has anyone figured out housing? I'm starting to get a tad worried since I'll be moving from Florida don't know how it works up there.

Last edited: