WVSOM Discussion Thread 2008-2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good post, thanks for the info! So it is possible to defer a year so you could move to WV and pay the lower tuition? That is something I have been thinking about and was wondering if it was possible...
If you don't mind me asking, did you move to Lewisburg or another part of WV for that year prior? And do you have to work full time during that year to become a WV resident?
Thanks in advance!

Hi to all!

My wife is currently a 2nd year student at WVSOM. I have been reading the forum and thought I would post some information that might be of help to accepted students, interviewees and potential students.

Does Lewisburg really not have public transportation?

No it does not. As posted previously, public transportation used to be available but is not any longer. You will need to find some way to get around.

What rental car companies are located at the airport?

Avis http://www.avis.com 304-645-7243
National http://www.nationalcar.com 304-645-6044
Alamo http://www.alamo.com 304-645-4016
Hertz http://www.hertz.com 304-647-5170
Enterprise http://www.enterprise.com 304-645-2800

What is the closest airport?

The closest airport is the Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB). The link can be found here: http://www.gvairport.com

Only a handful of flights fly in and out per day.

Is there any way to get in-state tuition without living here for 12 months prior to matriculating?

No. There is not. They will not change it. You have to realize that out of state residents are a HUGE source of income for the school. If you want in-state tuition, move here 12 months prior like we did. Sorry for the bad news.

Can I use a Macintosh computer, even though it is not recommended?

Yes, you can use a Macintosh computer. It needs to be fairly recent though so that you don't get stuck buying a new one halfway through studies. This being said, Mac users are on their own. The computer services dept hardly knows anything about PC's much less Macintosh. I'm not trying to slight their IT dept, it just seems as though most of them aren't very smart. If you can run boot camp, parallels, or VMware on your Mac for the times when you migt need Windows, you'll be fine. The website used to have a recommended PC configuration but I can't seem to find it on the site anymore. A LAPTOP IS REQUIRED! You will absolutely need a laptop for attendance at WVSOM. I would recommend something lightweight since you will be hauling this back and forth to class almost EVERY day. HEAVY books and a HEAVY laptop are not fun. Since you can't control the weight of a book, the laptop is the only way to shed some of those extra pounds. The entire campus has wireless and printing solutions. You will get a print card during your orientation that will allow you to print to the campus printers for large documents. There is a fee involved in printing. Your card will come charged with a starting amount of $100 if I'm not mistaken, but once this runs out you will need to recharge it.

Can anyone tell me where to stay while I'm here?

There are a number of options. The Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express (finished in Summer 2008) are the newest and nicest, as well as the most expensive. The General Lewis Inn is very old, but also very historic. If you want to stay somewhere that is classic, this is the place. Their food is also VERY good. The Brier Inn has been around for a bit and is mediocre. They also have a conference center and a bar. The Brier is a local hangout on the weekends during the summer for live music, etc. A list with contact info is below.

A.Hampton Inn Lewisburg, WV

- www.hamptoninn.com - (304) 645-7300
B.Brier Inn

- www.brierinn.com - (304) 645-7722
C.Super 8 Lewisburg

- www.super8.com - (304) 647-3188
D.The General Lewis Inn & Restaurants

- www.generallewisinn.com - (800) 628-4454
E.Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Lewisburg

- www.hiexpress.com - (877) 863-4780
F.Fort Savannah Inn

- www.tripadvisor.com - (304) 645-3055

How long does it take once I interview to find out if I'm accepted?

The admissions board meets almost every Tuesday unless there is a conference or something is going on that has a lot of the staff out of town. If you interview on Monday, there is a chance you will know the next day. The admissions dept is VERY good about updating status information on the web page. If you have questions, don't hesitate to call Annette Moore at 304-647-6230 [email protected] or Angie Amick at 304-647-6408 [email protected].

What is the housing market like?

Housing is tough. It depends on a lot of factors such as the economy, etc. Most of you will be renting houses instead of buying. Lewisburg has a huge variety of rental options. You can get a house, an apartment, a single room at someone's house, live above the dry cleaners (seriously) and other options. Rent varies widely depending on where you live. Lewisburg, Fairlea, White Sulphur Springs, and Ronceverte are all options. Much farther than those areas and you're looking at quite a haul to school, especially during the winter months with inclement weather. You can view housing information on the WVSOM website where they have an interactive tool that will help you search rental listings. This list used to be in Word format and downloadable from the site, but it is now interactive and must be accessed with a student ID. The links can be found here: http://www.wvsom.edu/students/housing.cfm

What are the average MCAT, GPA, hair color, weight and height of students?

WVSOM seems to be different than some schools in the aspect of scores and the like. While scores DO matter, they are not the ONLY determining factor. While I cannot be sure, if you have a 2.0 and a 19 MCAT you will most likely not get into WVSOM. If you have a 3.5 and 30, you might not get in either. WVSOM tends to look at the candidate as a whole instead of looking only at grades or only at personality. If you have high scores, and come off as God's gift to the medical profession in your interview, there is a possibility that they might not accept you because of your attitude. This is all subjective and being that I'm not on the interview board, I cannot speak truth in this matter. Having met TONS of students while my wife has been here though, this seems to be the general consensus.

Is it possible to have kids while attending medical school?

YES! Whether starting school with a child or children, planning to have children while in school or just thinking about the possibility, it is certainly do-able. My wife and I had our first child while she was in her first year. She was born in March toward the end of the school year. I currently know of 4 people who are having children while in school (2nd year students or spouses). One is a student and 3 of them are spouses of students. This is NOT something to be taken lightly. If you do not handle stress well, this might not be a good option for you. If you are a strong person with a level head, then it is certainly something that can be accomplished with minimal school downtime. The school will work with you on having children while in school. While you won't get a 4 week vacation and an exam curve, they try to accommodate most situations. Speak with the dean to discuss your options.

I'll add to this list as more questions get asked. I'm not a student and don't know much about the curriculum, etc. but do have information on the area and general school information since we've been here for over 3 years. If you have additional information that you think I might be able to answer, please PM me. If it is something I can answer I wil do so promptly. If it is something I can't answer, I'm sure I can find an answer for you and reply accordingly.

Hope this helps!

Members don't see this ad.

Good post, thanks for the info! So it is possible to defer a year so you could move to WV and pay the lower tuition? That is something I have been thinking about and was wondering if it was possible...
If you don't mind me asking, did you move to Lewisburg or another part of WV for that year prior? And do you have to work full time during that year to become a WV resident?
Thanks in advance!

My wife and I are from SC originally.

We moved to Lewisburg in December 2006. She interviewed at the hospital here (GVMC) and they wanted her to start the following Monday. Needless to say, we didn't even have a place to live so we delayed her start date two weeks, found a house and moved.My wife and I both worked until she went to school. I don't think working is a requirement, but we had to pay the bills. ;) The only thing you need to do for residency establishment is get a driver's license in this state and some utilities. On the driver's license, there will be an issue date. Wait 12 months and you're golden.

As far as deferrment if you're already accepted, I'm honestly not sure about that. That's a question you would have to pose to the admissions office. My wife had actually planned to start in 2006, but after applying we found out that her MCAT scores had expired and she had to retake it. This caused a bit of a delay so we decided if we had to wait for her to go to school, we might as well wait in WV for in state tuition.

Please also keep in mind that it takes money to move. I know most of you are going to be doctors and I don't want to insult your intelligence but for people who have never moved before and established residency, it gets expensive. This is certainly offset in the money you'll save as an in-state resident, but that savings is future savings and it costs money to move now. If you are moving with a family and have two cars, you will need to retitle those vehicles and pay new taxes in the state of WV. Most rental properties want you to pay a deposit normally equal to one months rent as well as the first months rent in advance. If you have pets, this throws another deposit into the mix as well, normally non-refundable.

I would estimate your moving expenses between 2-3k depending on if currently have your own place with all your own stuff. If not, budget a bit higher for small stuff.

Lots of good info! Just a few additions to that:

What is the closest airport?

The closest airport is the Greenbrier Valley Airport (LWB). The link can be found here: http://www.gvairport.com

Only a handful of flights fly in and out per day.

While the Greenbrier Valley Airport is pretty close, most students seem to fly out of the Roanoke Regional Airport in Roanoke, VA. It's about 90 minutes away but there are more flights going to more places and they are a lot cheaper.

You will get a print card during your orientation that will allow you to print to the campus printers for large documents. There is a fee involved in printing. Your card will come charged with a starting amount of $100 if I'm not mistaken, but once this runs out you will need to recharge it.

First-years started out with $300 on their cards this year. I think the second-years had less money because they get paper handouts of the lectures from most of the faculty. First-years don't get paper handouts so we have more money in case we want to print out the lectures.

As always, you guys can e-mail me at [email protected] if you have any questions about WVSOM. We've got a ton of exams all of next week, so it might take me a few days to respond but I will definitely get back to you. Also, join the WVSOM 2013 facebook group. There's a lot of current first-years in the group so you guys can ask all of us questions.

Members don't see this ad :)
For current students, is there any nearby housing that's within walking distance from the school? I am mostly looking for a one bedroom apartment. Any suggestions would be helpful.

For current students, is there any nearby housing that's within walking distance from the school? I am mostly looking for a one bedroom apartment. Any suggestions would be helpful.

Woodland Akers (Yes, it's spelled Akers) or "The Wood Hood" as it's commonly called. This complex offers apartments within walking distance of the school. A TON of WVSOM students reside there.

They can be contacted at 304-645-4403.

hi there!

i just have a quick question...how long did it take to get the interview invite once your application was verified...ive been "decision pending" for the past 9 weeks and im kinda losing hope now...anyone going through the same thing? thanks!

I interviewed 12/5 and got accepted 12/9. How long do we have until we have to pay the first deposit? Also, does anyone know if it is fully non-refundable or do they refund a small part of it?

hi there!

i just have a quick question...how long did it take to get the interview invite once your application was verified...ive been "decision pending" for the past 9 weeks and im kinda losing hope now...anyone going through the same thing? thanks!
11 weeks here. You are not alone ...

I was decision deferred, then decision pending for almost 4 months. I received an interview in November and was accepted... at about the 3 month mark I called Angie and sent Annette an email expressing my continued interest and inquired as to whether or not there was anything I could do in the interim to make myself a more competitive candidate. I recieved an interview about 2 weeks later. Perhaps those that are waiting could try this...I think they appreciated the follow-up...it couldn't hurt! :)

I was decision deferred, then decision pending for almost 4 months. I received an interview in November and was accepted... at about the 3 month mark I called Angie and sent Annette an email expressing my continued interest and inquired as to whether or not there was anything I could do in the interim to make myself a more competitive candidate. I recieved an interview about 2 weeks later. Perhaps those that are waiting could try this...I think they appreciated the follow-up...it couldn't hurt! :)

I strongly agree with this! I was decision pending for over a month before I called and let them know how interested I was in the school etc. I got an interview shortly afterwards. I think it is a great idea to call Angie or Annette and show them that you are truly interested in attending WVSOM.

I interviewed 12/5 and got accepted 12/9. How long do we have until we have to pay the first deposit? Also, does anyone know if it is fully non-refundable or do they refund a small part of it?

You will get an official letter of acceptance in the mail. This letter will outline all of the deposit details regarding dates, etc. The deposit is completely non-refundable to my knowledge.

Hey guys,

I have an interview at WVSOM on weds Dec 17. I was and wondering if you had any advice? Also if anyone is going there then?

It is during the middle of my finals so im going to drive there on tues night and getting there late. Does anyone know if it is diffcult to get to from the holiday inn?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I have an interview at WVSOM on weds Dec 17. I was and wondering if you had any advice? Also if anyone is going there then?

It is during the middle of my finals so im going to drive there on tues night and getting there late. Does anyone know if it is diffcult to get to from the holiday inn?

Thanks

You could throw a rock and hit it from the Holiday Inn. Get on 219 heading South. Turn after the GM Dealership and the Robert C Byrd Clinic (The school's clinic). You'll see the school directly ahead of you. It's less than 1 mile from the new Holiday Inn.

Good luck!

You could throw a rock and hit it from the Holiday Inn. Get on 219 heading South. Turn after the GM Dealership and the Robert C Byrd Clinic (The school's clinic). You'll see the school directly ahead of you. It's less than 1 mile from the new Holiday Inn.

Good luck!

Thanks! I appreciate it.

Hey I was wondering, after sending the $2000 deposit, do they give us a new username or pw to log in to the wvsom website? to look for information about housing, etc.

Hey guys...I just started utilizing SDN so I apologize for not having participated sooner. I am interviewing at WVSOM Dec. 19 and I was wondering if anyone else will also be there. I am driving up Thursday and staying at the General Lewis.

Hey I was wondering, after sending the $2000 deposit, do they give us a new username or pw to log in to the wvsom website? to look for information about housing, etc.

I just sent in my deposit and the housing information showed up on the forms/status page. So far what i have seen it seems expensive and there are very limited options if you have pets.

I was also wondering if anyone had any advice for interview day? Any suggestions is much appreciated!! Thank you :)

question to be ready for: if your rolling down a hill on a jetski and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes would it take to cover a doghouse?

question to be ready for: if your rolling down a hill on a jetski and a wheel falls off, how many pancakes would it take to cover a doghouse?

Hahahaha tell me you didn't just come up with that. :laugh:

^ No, seriously...this was the first question they asked me at my interview, before I could even sit down...

I said it would probably take 15 pancakes to cover the doghouse, but told them I would research it upon returning home to give them a more accurate answer (just to show my dedication).:laugh:

I was also wondering if anyone had any advice for interview day? Any suggestions is much appreciated!! Thank you :)

Harmony,

My advice to you would be to relax during the day of your interview. The people in the admissions office and on the entire campus are extremely nice. Just to give an example: I arrived in Lewisburg on Sunday afternoon and had my interview the next day on Monday morning. I drove around and got to see Lewisburg and some small surrounding areas. I then went to the campus to look around. While I was peaking in one of the windows, one of the deans of the school approached me. I told him who I was and that I had an interview the next day and just wanted to look around a little. He personally let me into the school, and gave me a three hour tour of all of the buildings and facilities. He also introduced me to many students who were on campus studying. The students were from both SBL and PBL and were kind enough to stop their studies and answer all of the questions that I had. Three hours later, as I was leaving, I could not help but wonder - "where else would this happen????" Honestly, the atmosphere at WVSOM seems to be very friendly and condusive to learning. I have had three other MD interviews, but would probably select WVSOM over any of the MD programs I saw.

I would also suggest getting to campus early if you have your interview in the afternoon, during which time you can check in and go up and sit in on a class (either year 1 or 2). This also gave me more opportunities to meet more students.

If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me. I may have some good tips for travel, places to stay, etc...

Good luck, have fun, be yourself, and remember to....relax. They invited you to an interview because they want to get to know you. So, let your gaurd down and let yourself shine through.

^ No, seriously...this was the first question they asked me at my interview, before I could even sit down...

I said it would probably take 15 pancakes to cover the doghouse, but told them I would research it upon returning home to give them a more accurate answer (just to show my dedication).:laugh:

actually, the answer was purple, because icecream has no bones :p

:DCongrats on your acceptances!!!:D

I'm in, I'm in, I'm in :) When is the dateline for deposit for acceptance after 12/15, anyone?

Tuition really sucks at WVSOM 50,000 per year is outragous and not even worth it.

Hey guys...I just started utilizing SDN so I apologize for not having participated sooner. I am interviewing at WVSOM Dec. 19 and I was wondering if anyone else will also be there. I am driving up Thursday and staying at the General Lewis.

I will also be there on the 19th. You probably won't get this message until after the interview but it will be nice to meet you. If you'll be in town until saturday, all of the M1's and M2's are going out after their last exams, which end at noon...we'll talk at lunch. Good luck!

Tuition really sucks at WVSOM 50,000 per year is outragous and not even worth it.

Comments like this are totally off base and inaccurate. How can you comment on what a school is worth until you've attended the school and studied there.

Have you toured the school and viewed the anatomy lab? Four students per cadaver. Biochemistry professors from Harvard. Rated top ten in rural medicine ten years in a row based on multiple factors by US News and World Report.

Quoted from Wiley Interscience:

"A dissection table ventilation system that draws air across the cadaver and away from the table top was designed to fit the Shandon-Lipshaw AN-52 dissection table. Each U-shaped unit consists of a pair of hollow collection arms that attach to a collecting manifold at one end. During dissection the manifold is coupled to a central ventilation system through a flexible duct. The air from the table ventilation system is exhausted after passing through a heat recovery system. The unit is raised from the table surface during dissection of the body cavities to increase the efficiency of fume/odor removal. Eight hour exposure data for formaldehyde concentrations are presented. Data were collected from detectors positioned at selected levels above the cadaver during dissection, and above a tray on the table top containing a known volume of 4% formaldehyde or the West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine embalming fluid under varying airflow conditions. The results demonstrate that the table ventilation system is effective in reducing exposure to formaldehyde in the dissection laboratory."

Until you've stood over a dead body for 16 hours studying anatomy, you won't understand how important a 4% concentration is.

Please do your research before you make comments like this on public message boards. You are obtuse.

Aggravating.

PS. This is not the most expensive Osteopathic Medical School out there.

Last edited:
PS. This is not the most expensive Osteopathic Medical School out there.

Very true, MSUCOM OOS is over 60, and most DO schools now a days are in the high 30's and a couple are between 40 - 45 a year so yes your saving 5-10,000 a year which is nice but to call 50 insane when other places (CCOM) are 45 is strange.
Plus WVSOM in state is cheap! Most other DO in state is more expensive then WVSOM.
So although I would love to move to WV for a year to get the in state and I am not thrilled at paying 50 a year when you compare to other schools it's not as bad as you think.

I was wondering does anyone know when WVSOM are scheduling interviews? Late January? Early February or Late February? Thanks!

I was wondering does anyone know when WVSOM are scheduling interviews? Late January? Early February or Late February? Thanks!

WVSOM does rolling admissions. They will continue to interview until the class is full and deposits for those spots are received. I would assume that it will start to diminish soon so that they can start preparations for the new class in the Fall.

School is now on Winter break until early January. I doubt interviews or decision making on new candidates will be running until school returns to session.

I wanted to answer the question about defering for lower tuition. The answer is NO. They key here is what your state of residence was when you APPLIED. If you applied OOS than that is what you will be for all four years.
Also, OOS tuition is insane here. However, please consider the cost of living. Yes we pay 50K per year tuition but let me give you a little clip of the cost of living:
We have 3 kids so we have a 2K sq.ft. house, we pay $800/month. Many single students live in houses that are 1 or 2 bedrooms for $450/month. I know one guy that rents a bedroom from a lady for $160/month!
Chicken can be found for $3/pound, sometimes even $2/pound at Kroger.
Gas is currently $1.71/gallon
It is small so you don't drive very far (ie. don't use a lot of gas)
The bowling alley has $1 game and $1 beer on Tuesdays.
You can still go to the move for under $10.

Basically what I am saying is this. For my family, we had an opportunity to go back to Colorado after we had already moved here and although I would have paid less than half the tuition because I was in state, when we calculated the higher rent ($1400/month) and a 45 minute commute, then add $7/pound for chicken, etc. The price came out to being the exact same. So, I would challenge all of the people that complain about the high tuition to really breakdown the cost of each place you were accepted because tuition is not the only thing you will pay for.

What kind of chicken do you buy for $7/lb? I live in Reno, NV, which is considered the biggest little city, and only pay 99c/lb lol.

What kind of chicken do you buy for $7/lb? I live in Reno, NV, which is considered the biggest little city, and only pay 99c/lb lol.

You don't buy boneless, skinless, and 99% fat free chicken breast? ....lol

You don't buy boneless, skinless, and 99% fat free chicken breast? ....lol

I rather buy steak with $7 lol. Anyways, that's not my point though. What I'm trying to say is that the living cost can be limited down no matter where you live. Just say you buy my kind of 99c chicken, trim the fat, rid of the skin and bone...tada you have boneless, skinless and 99% fat free chicken of $7. What matters the most here is the school: what it has to offer! I just hate it when people using those little things to make a big decision like where to go for medical education :)

WVSOM was my 1st interview and 1st acceptance, and I LOVED it...but then I got 3 other acceptances and the price tags hit me, and now wondering if WV will be too rural...or should I just listen to my gut...??

(my other choices are PCOM & Western)

Did anyone else love WVSOM, but ultimately decide to go somewhere else b/c of cost or location...?

I'm seriously loosing sleep over this decision...

For any current students, can anyone tell me about the apartments on 106 Garden street. I know it's about .2 miles from the school. I was wondering if anyone could tell me anything else. Suggestions for housing would be helpful. Thanks!

WVSOM was my 1st interview and 1st acceptance, and I LOVED it...but then I got 3 other acceptances and the price tags hit me, and now wondering if WV will be too rural...or should I just listen to my gut...??

(my other choices are PCOM & Western)

Did anyone else love WVSOM, but ultimately decide to go somewhere else b/c of cost or location...?

I'm seriously loosing sleep over this decision...

First, congratulations! I hope I get a chance to meet you next year, but whatever you decide to do I hope that you'll enjoy it.

The advice I've heard from every doctor I've ever met is to make cost your priority in picking a medical school.

The rural thing is personal preference. There is a ton of culture in Lewisburg, but if small towns make you feel trapped then Lewisburg is the smallest medical school town in the country. I see it as an upside. Way less distrations / noise / undergraduate parties (Though we do have fun =) than at a big college campus.

What kind of town do you originally come from?

Send me a private message if there is anything else I can help you with.

Worrying about the tuition is a very common and frustrating thing. However, as an out of state student here at WVSOM, I would say the money shouldn't be your determining factor. Yes it is expensive to go to school here, but this school is fantastic and well worth the money. Also, the cost of living here is very cheap and that alone balances out the high tuition costs with every other school. Follow your gut feeling because that is what you will have to deal with later in life. I turned down many of my other acceptances because my gut told me to come to WVSOM and I have never been happier. And really there are scholarships and many other ways to make school affordable. All in all, if costs are such a big deal, you probably chose the wrong profession because it comes with the territory.

Lastly in regards to our school graduating high amounts of rural family doctors and what not should not be of any concern. In all actuality it is because our education is so great that we truly learn the fundamentals for becoming outstanding physicians. I personally think there are a ton of students here that will specialize in something other than just rural medicine/family practice. I personally am looking to do either general surg/plastics/gastroenterology.
Goodluck!

I received my interview notice on 12/23 for my interview on 1/16. This was after sending in my primary several months ago. Sure I now know it's not good to wait as long as I did but it just goes to show that if anyone is still waiting to hear back about an interview, don't give up hope.

I received my interview notice on 12/23 for my interview on 1/16. This was after sending in my primary several months ago. Sure I now know it's not good to wait as long as I did but it just goes to show that if anyone is still waiting to hear back about an interview, don't give up hope.

Good luck on the 16th...you will enjoy the hospitality, Angie and Annette are great.

Good luck to everyone here that's interviewing!

They were great. Give a hug at the end before you leave...automatic acceptance! :laugh:

Hahahaha thats hysterical and probably true! I actually did that! ;) I guess I'll see if its true! I think Annette was one of the nicest people I've ever met.

First, congratulations! I hope I get a chance to meet you next year, but whatever you decide to do I hope that you'll enjoy it.

The advice I've heard from every doctor I've ever met is to make cost your priority in picking a medical school.

The rural thing is personal preference. There is a ton of culture in Lewisburg, but if small towns make you feel trapped then Lewisburg is the smallest medical school town in the country. I see it as an upside. Way less distrations / noise / undergraduate parties (Though we do have fun =) than at a big college campus.

What kind of town do you originally come from?

Send me a private message if there is anything else I can help you with.

Hi
So I interviewed at this school a couple of weeks ago, and I honestly don't see the culture in this town. Im not saying this to be mean at all but I honestly saw the least amount of diversity and culture of any school or town that I've visited thus far. Maybe it is the fact that its a small town and therefore not for me, but Id love to learn what else this town has to offer. I think the facilities of the school are amazing, but I was so dissapointed by the lack of diversity at the school and the town in general. I know I was only there for less than 24 hours, but please prove me me wrong! I'd love to see the diversity in this town!

Hey everyone. I'm new to this forum. Just completed all requirements beginning of JAN and admis said I should get my password and pin monday. Can anyone comment on how long it takes to hear about an interview after this?? Very excited about this school :D

Hi
So I interviewed at this school a couple of weeks ago, and I honestly don't see the culture in this town. Im not saying this to be mean at all but I honestly saw the least amount of diversity and culture of any school or town that I've visited thus far. Maybe it is the fact that its a small town and therefore not for me, but Id love to learn what else this town has to offer. I think the facilities of the school are amazing, but I was so dissapointed by the lack of diversity at the school and the town in general. I know I was only there for less than 24 hours, but please prove me me wrong! I'd love to see the diversity in this town!

What kind of culture are you looking for? A ton of ethnic types? Japanese, Hispanics and the like all mixing in Lewisburg? If you are looking for anything but old white retirees or low income families on welfare, I don't think you are going to find much. About the only diversity or culture in the area comes from the student body of WVSOM.

Status
Not open for further replies.