WVSOM Class of 2012!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

businessman

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm going to WVSOM in 2008. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

uhmmm I was the first interviewer for the graduating class of 2012 at WVSOM and we hear the results by tuesday afternoon/wednesday by noon. Were you early decision??

uhmmm I was the first interviewer for the graduating class of 2012 at WVSOM and we hear the results by tuesday afternoon/wednesday by noon. Were you early decision??

I was accepted from last years alternate list for this year.

Members don't see this ad :)
weird, anybody know why my signature shows up on some posts, but not others?

I interviewed last Wednesday also! I just found out that I got accepted today too!

Congrats everyone! I just sent in the rest of my deposit. I applied for PBL but haven't heard anything yet. Anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to everyone!!! MKendall did you get accepted from last years alternate list as well?

Congrats to everyone!!! MKendall did you get accepted from last years alternate list as well?

yeah I was on the alternate list too. We were so lucky to be accepted for 2008 without having to reapply, I couldn't believe the news when they told me!

Congradulations to all!!! I was also on the alternate list from last year and just sent in my deposit! I'm going to be applying for PBL.

yeah I was on the alternate list too. We were so lucky to be accepted for 2008 without having to reapply, I couldn't believe the news when they told me!

I couldn't believe it either. We are lucky not needing to reappy!

Hey guys congratulations on getting in! Enjoy your time before medical school. If you're thinking of PBL definitely do it. My buddies and I are all PBL students and we are currently sitting in our PBL room watching Halloween (and we have a huge anatomy exam on Tuesday)...see, medical school can be fun....:laugh:

Hey guys congratulations on getting in! Enjoy your time before medical school. If you're thinking of PBL definitely do it. My buddies and I are all PBL students and we are currently sitting in our PBL room watching Halloween (and we have a huge anatomy exam on Tuesday)...see, medical school can be fun....:laugh:

Ah the good ole days :) Miss them PBL rooms sometimes. If ya see Dr. M, tell him I rocked Step II and I'm on cruise control now. 8)

Is broomball still alive and well on Thursday evenings?

MKendall, Good to see another Connecticutian (this is now a word) in the class of 2012. Where in Ct are you?

Hi guys,

We just finished a large CV test here. And, at the health center we did a Men's Health Screening. :eek:

I had to stab my person repeatedly with the needles. I felt really sorry for the pt, but he was a cool dude.

Anyway,

I wish you guys the very very best!:luck:

Well I figured I'd better post once again in this thread. Only b/c Im so freakin happy to be going to medical school in the FALL :D Any advice thus far catsandcradles?

MKendall, Good to see another Connecticutian (this is now a word) in the class of 2012. Where in Ct are you?

haha, I think I've actually used the word "Connecticutian" at some point... I'm in Norwich, right near Mohegan Sun. You?

I don't like being called a nutmegger. I don't know how to nutmeg. I'm in Glastonbury, just outside Hartford.

Ah the good ole days :) Miss them PBL rooms sometimes. If ya see Dr. M, tell him I rocked Step II and I'm on cruise control now. 8)

Is broomball still alive and well on Thursday evenings?

Rich, I sadly have to say that us 2nd yrs have let broomball fall by the way side:(

For those who applied, has anyone heard back about PBL? I just sent in my application essay this morning.

For those who applied, has anyone heard back about PBL? I just sent in my application essay this morning.

I emailed Dr. M a week ago and he said the PBL committee will meet shortly to decide who is in.

I take it that if I dont apply Im already assumed to be SBL? Thats what I want anyways.

Hey Businessman, will I get any info on housing etc.. once I put my deposit in? I sent it in last week, it should be there by monday.

Hey Businessman, will I get any info on housing etc.. once I put my deposit in? I sent it in last week, it should be there by monday.

you should be able to access the local housing list through the check status page once they process your final deposit. you may have access already.

you should be able to access the local housing list through the check status page once they process your final deposit. you may have access already.

This was the case for me too. It's nice that WVSOM gives us a good start to finding a place to live. Is anyone thinking of buying? I'm still debating.

Im planning on buying. My rent now is ~900.00 without utilities. Im thinking a mortgage would be alot better. :thumbup:

I applied about 3 weeks ago and Dr. M said the committee would be "meeting soon." I guess soon is a relative term? Haha. Hopefully we'll hear soon!

And Glastonbury's not too far from here. I took a few summer classes at CCSU and drove by there every day.

Yeah, I recall hearing a "soon" in there somewhere as well. It certainly is a relative term when you're the one doing the waiting.

I just found out I am accepted for 2012 class. Just waiting on decisions from a few other schools before i decide for sure. Hope all goes well for everyone.

I just found out I am accepted for 2012 class. Just waiting on decisions from a few other schools before i decide for sure. Hope all goes well for everyone.

Congrats!!!

YES!!!!!!!! omg!!!
christams...this is christmas:biglove::biglove::biglove::banana: :banana: :clap::clap:

Congrats!!! That is awesome. Is WVSOM your top choice?

YES!
it wasn't untill i learned more about it it moved fast to the top...but when i went there...i was blown away:love:
it just looked and feeled like home...like my polish bieszczady mountains where i grew up.
I looooved everyone, people were so nice, i love that it is a rural setting because for someone crazy about outdoor sports there will be so much to do...i am not a person who likes going out...i rather go biking, skiing, hiking or something :laugh:
so i am totally ecstatic...
at this point i know it is very early in the process and i could get other interviews but i am done! i will be going to WVSOM next year!

oh, and they have PBL which is definetly what i want:D

Hey good job Dr. Kicia! I know how much you wanted this!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

just wondering if anyone who's applied for PBL has heard anything yet. Any news? I'm starting to get anxious! :scared:

just wondering if anyone who's applied for PBL has heard anything yet. Any news? I'm starting to get anxious! :scared:

I haven't heard anything yet either. I'm starting to get anxious too! I hope we hear soon.

So excited to find out today! Just interviewed last Friday (10/26) and the webpage was updated today! I had to call the admissions office just to make sure and found out I'm golden! So look forward to an incredible ride the next couple years. Class of 2012 here I come!

Congrats!!! Good luck on your biochem test!