WSU C/O 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There done calling. If you did not get a call you might have got an email you have been waitlisted. I don't know if they email or mail rejections.
How do you know they’re done calling?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know if the in state waitlist moves very far? I'm not very sure what to do at this point because WSU is still my top choice but I have been excepted to one other school already and have to commit to them by April. What happens if I commit and then get called off WSU's waitlist?

Because they are already emailing waitlist out and I don't think they would be doing that unless they were done calling.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
IS rejection via email, right before 4pm. First time applicant. I'll be curious to hear what they say come April during application review.

• Care
Are all the notifications received today for WA residents? I am a Utah resident and they told us that within 2-3 weeks we should hear something, but it's only been a week now. Just curious if any UT applicant has heard anything?

Are all the notifications received today for WA residents? I am a Utah resident and they told us that within 2-3 weeks we should hear something, but it's only been a week now. Just curious if any UT applicant has heard anything?
I am from Utah as well and haven't gotten a call or an email, so curious as well

Congratulations to everyone accepted! I was accepted OOS in December. I would love to hear the thoughts of any other OOS accepted students regarding visiting campus. I would love to go see it but I am from Virginia so it is a bit of a hike! How does everyone like the area? My extended family lives outside of Seattle but I have never been to the campus.

Does anyone know if the in state waitlist moves very far? I'm not very sure what to do at this point because WSU is still my top choice but I have been excepted to one other school already and have to commit to them by April. What happens if I commit and then get called off WSU's waitlist?
It does not move very far, no. Unfortunately unless it changed this year they won't tell you where you are in the list. I have one classmate at least that was accepted from the in-state waitlist, and there could be more but but tbh I feel I know the in-state students in my class pretty well and don't know of any others. I was waitlisted the year after my first interview and never got called off.

IS accepted!! I got an email and a call, but I missed the call because I had no cell service at the time. The voicemail they left just said they had an update on my application, and to call them back. Do I need to call them back to confirm or anything if I got the acceptance email as well?

Reactions: 1 users
I am from Utah as well and haven't gotten a call

Any idaho/montana/utah people hear anything?
I believe MT and ID already received acceptances months ago. They didn't have interviews this year. I remember there was a post or two awhile back by MT or ID applicants sharing their outcomes. I think it's just us Utahans waiting now.

IS accepted!! I got an email and a call, but I missed the call because I had no cell service at the time. The voicemail they left just said they had an update on my application, and to call them back. Do I need to call them back to confirm or anything if I got the acceptance email as well?
Congrats! I don’t think it would hurt to give them a call back. If I remember correctly, the phone call basically entailed everything thats on the acceptance email, just some more specifics relative to timelines.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe MT and ID already received acceptances months ago. They didn't have interviews this year. I remember there was a post or two awhile back by MT or ID applicants sharing their outcomes. I think it's just us Utahans waiting now.
Idaho interviewed for sure. I’m class of 2025 and work with two gals who applied. One of them was WA student she interviewed Thursday two weeks ago, and the Idaho tech interviewed that Friday. My WA tech friend got her call yesterday, but I haven’t heard if ID have received any update yet.

Idaho interviewed for sure. I’m class of 2025 and work with two gals who applied. One of them was WA student she interviewed Thursday two weeks ago, and the Idaho tech interviewed that Friday. My WA tech friend got her call yesterday, but I haven’t heard if ID have received any update yet.
Well, that clears all that up. Too confusing to keep track of all the different groups and processes!

They called us Utahns today. So maybe it's just ID (and possibly MT) who is waiting now. Hope they get their decisions soon. Hard to be on this thread and see all the other acceptances wondering when you'll hear anything.

Congrats to all accepted thus far. Probably meet you all at some point in the next 4 years.

Has anyone gotten their acceptance packet in the mail yet?

I wonder when the class facebook page will be made. I was hoping to start looking for roommates/housing soon.

I wonder when the class facebook page will be made. I was hoping to start looking for roommates/housing soon.
There isn't an up-to-date housing packet at this point (last published in August) but i would expect one in the next month. If you want to look in the mean time, join the WSU CVM Classifieds page or the Pullman roommate apartments page.

Usually one of the student ambassadors runs the page but this year the program is not completely abolished but running on a volunteer basis so I'm not sure how it will change things. Last year the class page was started in January.

Last edited:
There likely won't be a housing packet because they've moved things to confluence and it's a really stupid setup. However, join the pages Coffee? mentioned for sure.

Alright so I have a bit of a strange question. I was looking at the WSU class statistics and I have heard that WSU reserves 55 seats for in-state students. So for example last year it says WSU gave 55 admissions offers and only 47 accepted. So my question is do they just not fill those seats? Or do they take 8 people off the waitlist? If they do take people off the waitlist would they be in-state people since they are supposed to have 55 seats reserved for in-state student? I know when I asked about the waitlist before someone mentioned they only knew of 1 person in their class that got taken off the waitlist but I just noticed this and thought I would ask. I am pretty much just looking for any sign of hope at this point since WSU is both my dream school and my IS school. I attached a copy of what I am looking at incase there is any confusion about what I am talking about.

Attachments

• SmartSelectImage_2022-02-23-12-49-00.png
    SmartSelectImage_2022-02-23-12-49-00.png
    102.2 KB · Views: 127
I just declined my OOS seat. Definitely a bittersweet feeling. Good luck to everyone!

Just received a call and got off the waitlist! OOS

Just received a call and got off the waitlist! OOS
Congrats!! I really wish WSU would give us a position on the waitlist. It's so hard not knowing where we're at or what the likelihood of getting off the waitlist is.

Congrats!! I really wish WSU would give us a position on the waitlist. It's so hard not knowing where we're at or what the likelihood of getting off the waitlist is.
My understanding is that the reason they don't is because there isn't an official "position". WSU tries to balance their classes in terms of interests/types of people. So if somebody that is a LA person declines, they pick someone that is LA to replace them. It's just hearsay, but it makes sense.

Thank you!! Does anyone know if there is a Facebook group or anything?

Has anyone heard about any movement on the IS waitlist? Or how well it has moved in the past?

Currently OOS Non-WICHE waitlist. How is everyone doing and feeling! Especially people in my position! Has anyone heard of any movement lately?

I had my meeting for a case review as in state and I do know that all initial offers for the waitlist have been sent out since the April 15th deadline. As people except or decline others are getting called. I just had a friend get called off the in state waitlist Friday (yes she is excepting).

Hi! Is there a Facebook page or housing page for WSU Logan location? I’m interested in connecting with other students and finding housing :)

I had my meeting for a case review as in state and I do know that all initial offers for the waitlist have been sent out since the April 15th deadline. As people except or decline others are getting called. I just had a friend get called off the in state waitlist Friday (yes she is excepting).
I’m an OOS non-WICHE student and got an email last week asking if I wanted to stay on the waitlist for the class of 2026. You mentioned all the waitlist positions have been sent out since the deadline. do you know how long those people have to either accept or decline their offers since it’s been a bit? I’m just wondering the timeline people have!

Hi! Is there a Facebook page or housing page for WSU Logan location? I’m interested in connecting with other students and finding housing :)
There is. I believe it's usually a USU svm c/o 20xx page or usu svm students. I might be off but hopefully that gets you started in the right direction. If not let me know and I'll ask a classmate

USU SVM Students - Ran by the SVM for USU students to meet and chat. Some of my classmates found roommates there.

Local housing group - Not school run, but it is pretty active and usually has a lot of people offering rooms / looking for roommates.

USU Student Housing - Probably already full, but you might be able to get on a wait list or look at it for next year. It's usually cheaper than off-campus housing and it's fairly close to the vet med buildings on campus.

Otherwise, you can just do some looking around on apartment leasing websites. Buses are free here, so don't worry about being "too far" away from campus if you don't have transportation.

If you have any questions about a specific place you're interested in or want any recommendations, feel free to shoot me a PM. I'm more than happy to share my experiences or pass along what my classmates have said. Like all cities, there are some great apartments and then some that are absolutely miserable, so do your research. Also, the selection is pretty slim if you have pets.

Reactions: 1 users
Currently OOS Non-WICHE waitlist. How is everyone doing and feeling! Especially people in my position! Has anyone heard of any movement lately?
Have you heard anything from anyone about movement??

Well I emailed them and they said the class of 2026 is officially full unless someone withdrawals.

Hi previous applicants!

I have an in state interview through USU and would love to know what your experience was with it! Types of questions, preparation advice, what to wear, etc!

Hi previous applicants!

I have an in state interview through USU and would love to know what your experience was with it! Types of questions, preparation advice, what to wear, etc!

Hello, I'm a third year that was also in-state at USU. Obligatory "pre-pandemic and long ago, so it could be different now."

Overall the experience was fantastic. They understand how stressful it is for you and do their best to help you feel at home. Prior to the interview you wait in a conference room with other applicants and WSU admissions. You can ask them any questions you have and chat with everyone which takes your mind off of the wait. Someone will come get you for the interview and take you to a smaller room with your panel. I had two USU SVM professors, the director of admissions at WSU, and a practicing veterinarian from the Logan area. I feel my interview was very "rapid fire" with back-to-back questions and a half-second to breathe. A majority of the questions were situational and behavior based, with some questions about current events in veterinary medicine. The SDN interview feedback page has good representative examples of what you could be asked (here).

As cliché as it probably is by now, just remember: They invited you because you're a good candidate. The interview is the time to remind them why. I would recommend mock interviews just to get rid of the jitters, but I don't feel like you should come up with scripted responses to questions. You could read about recent events in veterinary medicine, but for what it's worth I talked about something completely off-topic from their question and they didn't even bat an eye at me.

At some point during the interview schedule they also do a tour and a dinner. I would highly recommend both if possible, just because it gives you a chance to see how friendly and family-like the school, professors, and administration are. It is a stark contrast to the interviewers who are deliberately bland and unbiased.

I feel like a majority of applicants there were in business formal/professional. With it being Utah, I would recommend the more conservative approach for interviews and then you can wear whatever you want after you're accepted.

I haven't seen very many USU people on here, so if you do have any specific questions feel free to send a PM my way. I'm not always that active here but do make an effort to check and help when I can.

Last edited:
Hi previous applicants! I just got my OOS acceptance and wanted to hop on and see if anybody had any suggestions on where/where not to live in Pullman? I am not for sure going there yet, however would love to go ahead and start thinking about housing options! Hope you all had a great first semester!!

Hi previous applicants! I just got my OOS acceptance and wanted to hop on and see if anybody had any suggestions on where/where not to live in Pullman? I am not for sure going there yet, however would love to go ahead and start thinking about housing options! Hope you all had a great first semester!!
I have no personal experience with either company, but I've heard bad things about both Helene's and DRA property managers. I've also heard bad things about The Ruckus. Lots of people seem to like Summerhill apartments. I think most other big student complexes are okay. It's a college town so I think most of the landlords know they can take advantage of students that don't know any better. Lots of people live in trailers too, so that's also an option.

It seems like everyone i know that went the trailer route has had to do repairs, and some of them significant (roofing, water heaters). So just be prepared if you decide on that. Seconding zenarcade, there are some apartments you drive by and think "I would definitely NOT want to live there." -- and the Ruckus is one of those.

We have a unit with DABCO on the outskirts of apartment-land. The buildings definitely aren't the newest but it's quiet and fairly cheap. I'd recommend looking into Birch Hills/Maple Valley. They are both decent and close to campus. I also know students who live in The Residence at Whispering Hills. It's super nice, but also extremely expensive.

It seems like everyone i know that went the trailer route has had to do repairs, and some of them significant (roofing, water heaters). So just be prepared if you decide on that. Seconding zenarcade, there are some apartments you drive by and think "I would definitely NOT want to live there." -- and the Ruckus is one of those.

We have a unit with DABCO on the outskirts of apartment-land. The buildings definitely aren't the newest but it's quiet and fairly cheap. I'd recommend looking into Birch Hills/Maple Valley. They are both decent and close to campus. I also know students who live in The Residence at Whispering Hills. It's super nice, but also extremely expensive.

If you’re comfortable, could you tell us roughly what the rent for those places is? I know what cheap and expensive means for my area, but I’d love to get a feel for the difference.

If you’re comfortable, could you tell us roughly what the rent for those places is? I know what cheap and expensive means for my area, but I’d love to get a feel for the difference.
Expensive:
- A 1 bed 1 bath at The Residence at Whispering Hills. It was $1650/mo. + $100/mo. for each pet. That cost did not include any utilities. They are incredibly nice apartments, but not worth the extra $750+/mo. it would have been to live there.

Fairly cheap:
- Our unit with DABCO is a 2 bed 1 bath with a washer/dryer. It's $1000/mo. + $30/mo. for each pet. All utilities are included in rent except for gas and electric. We spend around $1150/mo. in total (rent, two pets, two covered parking spots, and all utilities).

Student housing is probably even cheaper than that, but it wasn't really feasible for us so we didn't look into it. I have also heard that living in Moscow and driving to Pullman is generally cheaper, but no one can figure out how to plow or maintain roads around here so driving in the winter is miserable.

I rented in a manufactured home park for two years and have been in an apartment in downtown the past year and a half.
The manufactured home was nice, bigger than where I am with in-unit W/D, dishwasher, fenced yard.. it was good. I think it was $1300/mo for a 3 bed 2 bath but I had a roommate that paid rent and charged my a flat fee so I'm not 100% sure. Cons were management were slow=ish to respond, charged exuberant pet fees, further from school. There are three big manufactured home parks on the hill leaving Pullman, Skyline Estates and Golden Hills being the two best known. There are other trailer parks in Pullman but are not as asthetically pleasing.

Now I live by myself in downtown. There are some old apartments in downtown that are dirt cheap (I pay $575/mo). The manager is very friendly and helpful. But, I get what I pay for. No ventilation, no dishwasher, 1 W/D for the whole complex, problem with ants, thin walls. It was imo the only affordable way to live by myself.

If you like roommates, getting a house is definitely the way to go. If you pick-up from other vet students that have landed good deals in the past you should be able to pay no more than $400-$500/mo for a room in a house.