WSU C/O 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Yeah I’m very curious where this information came from because if true that’s an increase of nearly 700 people from last year
How do you know??
I emailed them to ask what the campus preference email meant because I didn’t get one. This was part of the admissions advisors response “With over 2,000 applicants this cycle, it is necessary for us to send information out to smaller pools of applicants, rather than manage 2,000 responses coming in at once!”

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the increase in applicants is mostly OOS or if there was a large increase in IS applicants as well?

Reactions: 1 user
I wonder if the increase in applicants is mostly OOS or if there was a large increase in IS applicants as well?
I was just thinking the same thing! I really hope it was a boost in only the OOS lol. I bet a lot more people took a gap year recently due to COVID and are applying this cycle.

I was just thinking the same thing! I really hope it was a boost in only the OOS lol. I bet a lot more people took a gap year recently due to COVID and are applying this cycle.
I would say COVID causing gap years AND all the rejections and people reapplying PLUS the new applicants (normal undergraduate graduates and non-traditional applicants finishing prereqs) and the slow growth in the number of schools and so many apply to more and more schools each year (first year I applied to 7, then 11 the second cycle, and 17 this cycle)

My rejection email also stated that over 2100 people applied this year.
When did you get the rejection email? I still haven't heard back, and they haven't asked me about my preferences either, so I'm wondering what's going on now.

When did you get the rejection email? I still haven't heard back, and they haven't asked me about my preferences either, so I'm wondering what's going on now.
Are you IS or OOS? I’m OOS and haven’t heard back + didn’t get reached out to about preference

Are you IS or OOS? I’m OOS and haven’t heard back + didn’t get reached out to about preference
oh I totally didn't even think about the IS/OOS difference. I'm OOS; I wonder if the OP is IS and WSU just already sent out rejections and interview invites to IS applicants?

oh I totally didn't even think about the IS/OOS difference. I'm OOS; I wonder if the OP is IS and WSU just already sent out rejections and interview invites to IS applicants?
That would be my guess

Someone did email asking why they didn’t get the email asking about preference and they were told they send those emails in batches because it’s more manageable

Members don't see this ad :)
I am IS! It was a week ago.

Just wondering, I am an OOS. Anyone get any acceptance/rejection letters? Any interviews? Just wanna know if I should panic or not lol

Just wondering, I am an OOS. Anyone get any acceptance/rejection letters? Any interviews? Just wanna know if I should panic or not lol
they aren’t doing OOS interviews this cycle… so basically we just wait until late december to hear either an acceptance or rejection lol

Reactions: 1 users
they aren’t doing OOS interviews this cycle… so basically we just wait until late december to hear either an acceptance or rejection lol
What?? Where'd you hear that? I thought they were doing interviews for both IS and OOS?

What?? Where'd you hear that? I thought they were doing interviews for both IS and OOS?
it’s on their website! specifically where it gives the outline of important dates and such

oh frick. are emails going out for OOS right now?!?!

OOS rejection, but honestly not feeling too bad about it, and I hope no one else that is OOS feels bad about this either! They did state that they only had 15 spots open for OOS and with a HUGE increase in the number of applications this year, realistically, it would've been very hard (nearly impossible) to be offered an OOS spot. So please don't feel bad! I know it's easier said than done, but every single one of you guys (OOS and IS) are doing amazing <3

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
OOS waitlisted! Honestly I’m considering this a win 😂

Reactions: 6 users
OOS rejected ): have had my heart set on wsu for a while, oh well

OOS rejection as well. This was my first rejection so it’s kind of a bummer. But also expected with how little seats they have for OOS, it was probably very hard for them to cut applicants

OOS rejection as well. I knew my chances were not great with limited spots, but ugh I really like WSU. I have one acceptance already and I know if I didn't I would be really discouraged. Don't give up guys!! Hoping you hear good news from other schools soon

OOS acceptance. I am absolutely shocked

Reactions: 12 users
Same! This is my first acceptance after a long stream of rejections
If you don't mind me asking, what other schools did you apply to? I've only heard back from 2 schools (WSU being my second) as most of the schools I applied to have final decisions coming out late December to February.

If you don't mind me asking, what other schools did you apply to? I've only heard back from 2 schools (WSU being my second) as most of the schools I applied to have final decisions coming out late December to February.
I have been rejected by my in-state school Texas A&M, Kansas State, University of Illinois, and University of Missouri.

OOS wait listed. What are the likely chances of actually getting in? Slim, I assume? I've already been rejected from a few schools and while I'm glad that I'm at least being considered it still hurts. I'm not holding my breath.

I've been accepted at SGU and I'm really not wanting to go there. Desperately hoping for somewhere in the US. Really had my heart set on WSU.

I have been rejected by my in-state school Texas A&M, Kansas State, University of Illinois, and University of Missouri.
Ah ok thanks for the answer! I guess for some reason all the schools I applied to tend to reply on the later side. Congrats on your acceptance though!

Ah ok thanks for the answer! I guess for some reason all the schools I applied to tend to reply on the later side. Congrats on your acceptance though!
Thank you! I wish you the best!!:)

OOS waitlisted! non-wiche from Oregon, last name starts with B. received via email at 4:07pm

What was your app like? GPA hours etc
My cumulative GPA is a 3.55 and I have about 300 veterinary hours. I have thousands of hours of other animal experience, including internships, research and scholarships with a focus in animal reproduction. I am graduating this may with two bachelor's degrees, one in animal science and one in dairy science from Virginia Tech.

I got rejected from all those too, except for Texas! This is my first acceptance, I am from Virginia.