WSU C/O 2026

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got rejected from all those too, except for Texas! This is my first acceptance, I am from Virginia.
Haha love that for us! Congrats!:))

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
To answer some questions- traditionally they do not reveal the number of people waitlisted or your rank. They dont reveal your rank because they are looking at a class profile so if say a person interested in say beef only medicine then they are likely to replace that person that declined with someone who has a similar profile to keep their composition of the class relatively balanced at least that's how it used to be when I applied. The waitlist usually doesnt move much from year to year but you can look at the admissions page under the class profiles and figure out the numbers from year to year. I would imagine the waitlist will probably move more this year without interviews.
Try not to get hung up on other accepted people's stats. Usually the number aspect for wsu only gets you so far score wise alot relies on your essays and lors which no one can really compare.
Good luck to everyone regardless of your status! It might be a long or short haul but you'll eventually end up right where you're supposed to be whether you know it or not.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
OOS Accepted for the USU/WSU program. Anyone else accepted to Logan? not sure how I feel about it but it's my first acceptance so huge relief regardless...

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know if WSU allows tracking? Small/large animal, etc.

Sooooo I asked WSU for post denial counsiling, they basically just told me they weren’t doing that at all and sent me a bunch of links for what they look for in an applicant 😞

• Sad
Does anyone know if WSU allows tracking? Small/large animal, etc.
WSU is a non tracking program. We all have to take core classes for large and small animals. Then you can supplement with electives for more specific areas of focus.

WSU is a non tracking program. We all have to take core classes for large and small animals. Then you can supplement with electives for more specific areas of focus.
Thank you!

OOS Accepted for the USU/WSU program. Anyone else accepted to Logan? not sure how I feel about it but it's my first acceptance so huge relief regardless...
Congratulations!

I'm a current 2nd year at USU. If you have any questions, please feel free to send them my way.

In general, the USU program is ~slightly~ independent from WSU in some aspects. We lack the teaching hospital, but have some unique electives, do some cool extracurriculars, and generally just kind of do our own thing. Some classes are even taught slightly different, but the core curriculum is the exact same and I feel we are just as adequately prepared as the WSU students.

I will mention that I find it absoultely invaluable to have a small, 30-ish student class. Faculty in the SVM typically know you before you even walk in to the classroom on day one. You probably know all of your classmates by the end of the first week, and everyone generally gets together and avoids studying at least once a week, which is great for mental health. If you're struggling in a class, the professors are more than willing to sit down with you for hours until you've learned it. And if it's during class, you don't have to fight with 100+ other students to get your questions answered.

For those that have attended the tour/student panel/mixer, what is the expected dress code? I'm not very comfortable in formal clothing but I'm not sure how casual I can get away with dressing for the events after my interview.

For those that have attended the tour/student panel/mixer, what is the expected dress code? I'm not very comfortable in formal clothing but I'm not sure how casual I can get away with dressing for the events after my interview.
You can dress in casual clothes. It's very chill and you're not being judged during that time. It's your chance to get your questions answered from current students. Just you know dont wear anything unprofessional like booty shorts and a sports bra for example-you get what I mean.

Members don't see this ad :)
In-person interviews cancelled. Too bad I can't get a refund on the hotel I booked :(

WSU is currently my top choice (aside from my instate). I’m on
In-person interviews cancelled. Too bad I can't get a refund on the hotel I booked :(
Wow! Are they doing zoom for IS interviews now?

I got accepted too 😭 I’m from south Florida so I know life will be much different. I’m still waiting to hear back from 5 schools but I would love to PM you so if we do go together I’ll know a friendly face 🥲

Did anyone who filled out the NDA and transcript upload survey get a confirmation of any kind after submitting it? I didn’t and I just want to make sure I saw all the pages. Thanks!

Did anyone who filled out the NDA and transcript upload survey get a confirmation of any kind after submitting it? I didn’t and I just want to make sure I saw all the pages. Thanks!
I didn't either

Hi! I’m currently on the OOS waitlist. I was wondering what my odds are of getting off the waitlist. I’m currently waitlisted for both WSU and OSU (Oregon). I’m feeling discouraged that I won’t be accepted this cycle :((

How is everyone feeling after interviews? It's only been 2 days since and I'm already going crazy waiting, don't know how I'll make it through the next few weeks 😨

Do people think we might hear back this week? It seems that in past years’ forums they sometimes heard the Friday of the week after interviews and without OOS interviews they probably have more time to deliberate. I’m so anxious lol

Do people think we might hear back this week? It seems that in past years’ forums they sometimes heard the Friday of the week after interviews and without OOS interviews they probably have more time to deliberate. I’m so anxious lol
I wish it would be this week but I have a feeling it will be next week...I think last year it took about 2 weeks to hear back. But maybe it will be quicker without OOS interviews.

Two years ago, I interviewed on a Tuesday and was called with my acceptance on Friday of that week. I think that's the exception rather than the rule though, because admissions told us that it could take up to two weeks before we hear anything.

They have changed the order of interviews a bit since I was in your place, but I still wouldn't expect it to be longer than two weeks. They really do understand how stressful it is and do their best to get decisions out as fast as possible so applicants can plan accordingly.

Last edited:
Nothing yet 😕
So I am class of 2024. So interviewed and was accepted in 2020. I was a second day interview for IS on the 22nd of Jan. In 2020, they called the whole class in 1 day on Jan 31. I am a W and I didn't get the call until 5:25 pm. I will share that I was pretty heartbroken at 4:30 convinced I wasn't getting a call. It was the best call ever when my phone rang from a 509 as I was driving home from a class. I was a second time applicant, and I didn't even get an interview the first time around. Its been a fun and amazing ride even with covid. To all of you waiting to hear, I feel that anxiety and stress. I remember it well. Just keep breathing.

Breath, know you did everything possible, and that a rejection doesn't mean you aren't great for this career. It just means not this year. From experience its really hard to hear the no. Take a moment to breath and feel the grief. Then remind yourself that there are very few seats, and many many applicants. Everyone they interview is someone they thing will be successful and that they want. But they only have so many seats. So if bad news comes grieve, then breath, and then get ready for next years cycle. You can do this.

For those of you who get the yes. Its a fun crazy ride. Find your housing early. Be ready to work hard, but have it be a great experience. Remember to have fun and relax this summer. Feel free to reach out if you all need anything.

Reactions: 3 users
Do you guys think they made calls yesterday and nobody has posted anything or do you think they just haven’t made any decisions yet? Tomorrow will be two weeks from the interviews which is when I thought they said we would hear.

I feel like if they made calls yesterday somebody would have known even if none of us got a call personally. For example I go to WSU and have a ton of animal science classes with seniors and I'm pretty sure if someone got in I would have heard something. The odds of no one I know getting in are just so low I'm pretty confident they did not call anyone yet.

This is the first year that Stacy is in charge of admissions following Dr. Talcott stepping down from that role. So please keep in mind that it shouldn't come as a surprise if it doesn't follow the same pattern :)

Has anyone heard anything today? (I’m sorry I’m being so annoying)

I'm figuring at this point we will probably hear something Friday or Monday it seems like traditionally those are the main two days people start hearing back. Now of course thats not always the case and there is someone new in charge but that's what I am assuming at this point.

Do you think decisions will be sent to everyone via mail rather than by phone/email?

To be honest I'm not sure. I know they have been doing calls the last few years but they could always change their mind and start just emailing everyone. I have heard of years in the past where they have had to call over two days so even if they do not call you on the first day there is a chance they will do a second wave of calls though again I'm not sure. I only know what I have heard/read from past years.

Do you think decisions will be sent to everyone via mail rather than by phone/email?
If I remember right, they said they would email decisions at the end of my interview. But who knows. It's stressful not knowing!!

Do you guys remember if they said two weeks or three weeks at interviews? In one of the letters they sent it said “within two weeks after deliberations are finished.” But I’m not sure how long deliberations take.

Do you guys remember if they said two weeks or three weeks at interviews? In one of the letters they sent it said “within two weeks after deliberations are finished.” But I’m not sure how long deliberations take.
I remember hearing that we will receive decisions within 2 to 3 weeks from the interview date.

I thought the packet they sent out said 2-3 weeks. At my interview check-in I believe they said we would get emails in about 2 weeks but I don't know how exact of a time frame it was.

Just got the call! IS acceptance!

Reactions: 3 users
I got the call with an IS acceptance as well about half an hour ago! Last name starts with a T.

Reactions: 2 users
No because I have had friends get called with a "G" and "I" but the person who mentioned their last name starts with "T" was called before both of them.

Do you guys think all calls will go out today or maybe some tomorrow as well?

There done calling. If you did not get a call you might have got an email you have been waitlisted. I don't know if they email or mail rejections.