What happens to Pain Med if Elizabeth Warren Wins?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i thought i heard ssdoc and the democratic candidates say the economy isnt great....so which is it?
The economy is great right now for the wealthy, because they are heavy invested in the Market.....For Joe Meat and Potatoes not so much

Members don't see this ad.

The economy is great right now for the wealthy, because they are heavy invested in the Market.....For Joe Meat and Potatoes not so much
Seems like Joe is doing well.

"For years it was the central question in an otherwise impressive recovery by the American job market: Why aren’t wages rising faster?
Unemployment was low. Hiring was strong. Corporate executives were complaining that they could not find people to fill all of the available jobs. Yet workers’ paychecks were growing only sluggishly, barely outpacing inflation.
And then wage growth suddenly picked up.

Average hourly earnings in April were 3.2 percent higher than a year earlier, the ninth straight month in which growth topped 3 percent, the Labor Department reported Friday.
Other measures diverge on the exact timing and rate of increase, but not on the basic trend: Wage growth, long stuck in neutral, has at last found a higher gear.
“We’ve spent several years going, ‘Where is the wage growth? Where is the wage growth?’” said Martha Gimbel, an economist for the job-search site Indeed. “And it turns out we just had to wait a few years for the labor market to get tighter.”
Which workers are benefiting?
The recent gains are going to those who need it most. Over the past year, low-wage workers have experienced the fastest pay increases, a shift from earlier in the recovery, when wage growth was concentrated at the top."

Yea cuz nobody has a 401k/retirement/pension except the 1%.

I’m going to chalk your above statement up to not thinking it through and just parroting what you were told to think from the usually wrong sources that are anti-Trump.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea cuz nobody has a 401k/retirement/pension except the 1%.

I’m going to chalk your above statement up to not thinking it through and just parroting what you were told to think from the usually wrong sources that are anti-Trump.

Oh really....

i thought i heard ssdoc and the democratic candidates say the economy isnt great....so which is it?

dont involve me in your lies. show me the posts where i said the economy isnt doing well. otherwise, put your little fingers away

to quote ayanna pressley:

.@KellyannePolls oh hi Distraction Becky. Remember that time your boss tore babies from their mothers’ arms and threw them in cages? Yeah take a seat and keep my name out of your lying mouth.

Seems like Joe is doing well.

"For years it was the central question in an otherwise impressive recovery by the American job market: Why aren’t wages rising faster?
Unemployment was low. Hiring was strong. Corporate executives were complaining that they could not find people to fill all of the available jobs. Yet workers’ paychecks were growing only sluggishly, barely outpacing inflation.
And then wage growth suddenly picked up.

Average hourly earnings in April were 3.2 percent higher than a year earlier, the ninth straight month in which growth topped 3 percent, the Labor Department reported Friday.
Other measures diverge on the exact timing and rate of increase, but not on the basic trend: Wage growth, long stuck in neutral, has at last found a higher gear.
“We’ve spent several years going, ‘Where is the wage growth? Where is the wage growth?’” said Martha Gimbel, an economist for the job-search site Indeed. “And it turns out we just had to wait a few years for the labor market to get tighter.”
Which workers are benefiting?
The recent gains are going to those who need it most. Over the past year, low-wage workers have experienced the fastest pay increases, a shift from earlier in the recovery, when wage growth was concentrated at the top."
Not so fast..

This article reinforces what most are saying, wage growth is rising for lower and middle incomes. And it's doing so FASTER than inflation.

The fact that it seems to have risen faster in 2006, when we were in the midst of a real estate bubble, is irrelevant.

The main issue liberals always seem to have is that it's not fair that rich people always benefit more. Vox calls it "pathetic". What's pathetic is that they still believe that the application of govt power can be used by poor people to get an advantage over "rich people" in their imaginary war.

But the point that you seem to have conceded, even as you throw absracts out the window of your prius as you flee the argument, is that the Trump economy is benefiting low and middle income workers.

"And over the past year, prices rose, so paychecks had to stretch further. When the 1.5 percent inflation rate is taken into account (based on the Consumer Price Index), workers’ wages only grew about 1.7 percent within the past year — a pathetic amount compared to the sky-high payouts to corporate CEOs."

This article reinforces what most are saying, wage growth is rising for lower and middle incomes. And it's doing so FASTER than inflation.

The fact that it seems to have risen faster in 2006, when we were in the midst of a real estate bubble, is irrelevant.

The main issue liberals always seem to have is that it's not fair that rich people always benefit more. Vox calls it "pathetic". What's pathetic is that they still believe that the application of govt power can be used by poor people to get an advantage over "rich people" in their imaginary war.

But the point that you seem to have conceded, even as you throw absracts out the window of your prius as you flee the argument, is that the Trump economy is benefiting low and middle income workers.

"And over the past year, prices rose, so paychecks had to stretch further. When the 1.5 percent inflation rate is taken into account (based on the Consumer Price Index), workers’ wages only grew about 1.7 percent within the past year — a pathetic amount compared to the sky-high payouts to corporate CEOs."

i really just interpret that article very differently than you do.

the economy is doing well right now, but the poor continued to get screwed. so what else is new?

the tax cut may have slightly helped the indigent. jury is still out. it definitely helped the uber-rich. but, we will ALL get f$cked with a recession that happens every time republicans cut taxes.

the economy is doing well right now, but the poor continued to get screwed. so what else is new?

the tax cut may have slightly helped the indigent. jury is still out. it definitely helped the uber-rich. but, we will ALL get f$cked with a recession that happens every time republicans cut taxes.

There's no maybe about it, wages grew about 1.7 percent within the past year OVER INFLATION.

Rather than acknowledging and celebrating this, I'm sorry to see that liberal politicians have succeeded in convincing progressives they are in a Braveheart movie.

Reactions: 1 users
There's no maybe about it, wages grew about 1.7 percent within the past year OVER INFLATION.

Rather than acknowledging and celebrating this, I'm sorry to see that liberal politicians have succeeded in convincing progressives they are in a Braveheart movie.

right. AOC made me post the braveheart link

"When the 1.5 percent inflation rate is taken into account (based on the Consumer Price Index), workers’ wages only grew about 1.7 percent within the past year "

If this were the only factor maybe you would be right

Since Start of 2018 .....Spending on prescription drugs is up 7.1% while the average house price rose 5.7%. Average childcare costs jumped 7.5% between 2016 and 2017.. Student debt, etc

Members don't see this ad :)
AOC seems as stupid as Lebron and Rapinoe.

she seemed pretty composed as a 29 year old questioning michael cohen

you may not like her politics, but she isnt a *****. id put her about middle on the pack when it comes to congressional intelligence. she would wipe the floor with trump in a game of trivial pursuits (although trump would cheat and refuse to accept that she actually won)

you may not like her politics, but she isnt a *****. id put her about middle on the pack when it comes to congressional intelligence. she would wipe the floor with trump in a game of trivial pursuits (although trump would cheat and refuse to accept that she actually won)
She's like a child. She couldn't manage a McDonald's. Nothing personal against her but she's just an activist.

Oh really....

your link says 52% of older Americans DO have a retirement plan(48% dont). And it has increased significantly under Trump.

"That’s an improvement from the 52 percent without retirement money in 2013."

ummmm are you saying we have recessions due to tax cuts by Republicans? Surely you didnt mean/say that.

guess it pays to be a Dummy

Only a dummy would say that. Shooting a basketball is not being a leader, being intelligent, or being able to make rational comments on our political landscape. Even if he is a nice guy, he makes millions in salary and endorsements per year.

Reactions: 1 user
Only a dummy would say that. Shooting a basketball is not being a leader, being intelligent, or being able to make rational comments on our political landscape. Even if he is a nice guy, he makes millions in salary and endorsements per year.
not to be nitpicky, but it seems ironic that we then elected someone who "got rich" from getting an inheritance and taking advantage of tax laws to get his suspected millions...

at least, LeBron earned his millions.

Sorry if this was mentioned earlier, but what happens with malpractice if we go single payor? Is it like the VA where you actually sue the government?
Or will malpractice remain in place and we just make less?

Do you know how many businesses and investments the guy has made outside of basketball?
For only being a high school graduate he is pretty articulate and despite what you may think he seems to be pretty intelligent.
A guy who meets with business leaders frequently.

But I guess a Podunk pain doctor whose claim to fame is being the serial harasser on SDN blogs is Arbiter on who in the world is qualified to make these comments

not to be nitpicky, but it seems ironic that we then elected someone who "got rich" from getting an inheritance and taking advantage of tax laws to get his suspected millions...

at least, LeBron earned his millions.

we arent privy to the finances of Trump.....to say you know how Trump made his money is foolish. He did graduate from an Ivy League school. It is frequently said if you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and buy a company. But if you are inferring Trump is lazy, id point out how he has the stamina to do what he is doing at 70 y/o, and to deal with all the BS that has been thrown at him in the Democrat's and liberal media's attempted coup.

Lebron....he is tall. What university did he graduate from? If he was 3 inches shorter we wouldnt be having this discussion.

trump actually only spent 2 years at Wharton. he went to Fordham U because that is "where he got in to" (per sister I believe). and apparently when he interviewed for Wharton, the interviewer was his brother's high school classmate.

he took advantage of connections from the get go.

Jordan is 6'6". richest NBA player. Junior Bridgeman is 6'5". who is he? the second richest NBA player based on ownership of multiple outlets and multiple Chilis restaurants. at least these individuals worked for their money.

and college graduation is not a marker for wealth is it. I don't think that the Donald can touch the wealth of Bill Gates, Larry Ellison, Paul Allen, Christy Walton, Karl Albrecht.....

oh yes, he works hard.

trump actually only spent 2 years at Wharton. he went to Fordham U because that is "where he got in to" (per sister I believe). and apparently when he interviewed for Wharton, the interviewer was his brother's high school classmate.

he took advantage of connections from the get go.

Jordan is 6'6". richest NBA player. Junior Bridgeman is 6'5". who is he? the second richest NBA player based on ownership of multiple outlets and multiple Chilis restaurants. at least these individuals worked for their money.

and college graduation is not a marker for wealth is it. I don't think that the Donald can touch the wealth of Bill Gates, Larry Ellison, Paul Allen, Christy Walton, Karl Albrecht.....

oh yes, he works hard.

stop

you are making too much sense

itll fall on deaf ears, anyway

Athletes "DUM" can't speak mind on social injustices

Trump Stable Genius " Some very fine People on Both Sides" ( White Supremacists)

Athletes "DUM" can't speak mind on social injustices

Trump Stable Genius " Some very fine People on Both Sides" ( White Supremacists)

Trump wasn’t speaking about the supremacists. He was referencing the people that didn’t feel like ripping down every statue was the right solution and the non-BLM/non-Antifa types that were there as well. That was made clear at the time. You ought to know that by now. When you have to lie to make a point you have no point.

we arent privy to the finances of Trump.....to say you know how Trump made his money is foolish. He did graduate from an Ivy League school. It is frequently said if you want to be a millionaire, start with a billion dollars and buy a company. But if you are inferring Trump is lazy, id point out how he has the stamina to do what he is doing at 70 y/o, and to deal with all the BS that has been thrown at him in the Democrat's and liberal media's attempted coup.

Lebron....he is tall. What university did he graduate from? If he was 3 inches shorter we wouldnt be having this discussion.

Lebron has pretty good stamina. Trump could get some stamina tips so he could sit through what are probably important intelligence briefings.

"The officials, who include analysts who prepare Trump’s briefs and the briefers themselves, describe futile attempts to keep his attention by using visual aids, confining some briefing points to two or three sentences, and repeating his name and title as frequently as possible"

So you should sleep easy that he wont be pressing the big red nuclear button. FYI Time thought Hitler should win the man of the year in the late 30's.....i consider Time propaganda, just like Newsweek.

So you should sleep easy that he wont be pressing the big red nuclear button. FYI Time thought Hitler should win the man of the year in the late 30's.....i consider Time propaganda, just like Newsweek.

Try reading your own links. Time's "man of the year" is the one with greatest impact, not benevolent impact. Direct quotes from the article:

"More significant was the fact Hitler became in 1938 the greatest threatening force that the democratic, freedom-loving world faces today. "

"What Adolf Hitler & Co. did to the German people in that time left civilized men and women aghast. Civil rights and liberties have disappeared. Opposition to the Nazi regime has become tantamount to suicide or worse. "

Not exactly a ringing endorsement.

touche.....but since i dont read Time, you shouldnt be surprised.

I don't know if anyone could answer that.

Usually people measure "systems" with population metrics like, how many people are "covered", etc. A lot of Americans don't care about that. They want THEIR doc to be well trained, available, and to have the best resources.

My question would be, are you and your family better off than you were 4 years ago and are you optimistic?

As long as it’s free, nobody outside of healthcare will actually give a damn

Trump wasn’t speaking about the supremacists. He was referencing the people that didn’t feel like ripping down every statue was the right solution and the non-BLM/non-Antifa types that were there as well. That was made clear at the time. You ought to know that by now. When you have to lie to make a point you have no point.
And I suppose you don't think his latest Tweets were racial Dog whistles. lol

They are not racist.

Some of the stuff I've personally heard Omar say has been disturbing, to say the least. To me, she is clearly anti-American and possibly even a threat.

Do you think that because she's a "woman of color" she can't be criticized?

There's no amount of media spin that will tie ILLEGAL immigration to racism. It's just another sxs of TDS.

What did the big mean orange man say today that hurt your feelings? That if someone doesnt like it here, they can leave? Wow that's harsh....and it must be racist for sure. And sexist too.

Actually i was busy watching the 3rd Annual Made in America Showcase where the White House salutes companies from each state. My boatmaker was representing South Carolina. I did notice the media asking him about what triggered them instead of about the American Companies that were being showcased.
freeman at wh2.jpg
freeman trump.jpg

Last edited:

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

This was the tweet. There is nothing racist about it. There is an error though, as Congresswomen should have been Congresswoman, since Rep Omar is the only one of the four idiots not born here.

And I suppose you don't realize the constant claims of racism have gutted the significance of the term. lol

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!

This was the tweet. There is nothing racist about it. There is an error though, as Congresswomen should have been Congresswoman, since Rep Omar is the only one of the four idiots not born here.

And I suppose you don't realize the constant claims of racism have gutted the significance of the term. lol

i think lonelobo was referring to Pelosi saying "Trump wants to make America white again" being racist.

telling 4 dark women to "go back to the..... from which they came" when 3 of the 4 are american born citizens is the definition of racism.

taking any other position is simply being an apologist and a fool.

it is not surprising and it is not new, but we do have a racist sitting in the white house.

telling 4 dark women to "go back to the..... from which they came" when 3 of the 4 are american born citizens is the definition of racism.

taking any other position is simply being an apologist and a fool.

it is not surprising and it is not new, but we do have a racist sitting in the white house.

Why do Democrats make everything about race? The gist was to reshape the countries’ governments that have their ethnic roots. The left misses that idea completely and focuses only on skin color. The fool sees only race.

If he wrote woman and not women it would be totally apt. That Omar is a cancer and should be recalled or expelled from the House. The real apologists don’t say or do much about her or the other nitwits and that reflects poorly on you.

Why do Democrats make everything about race? The gist was to reshape the countries’ governments that have their ethnic roots. The left misses that idea completely and focuses only on skin color. The fool sees only race.

If he wrote woman and not women it would be totally apt. That Omar is a cancer and should be recalled or expelled from the House. The real apologists don’t say or do much about her or the other nitwits and that reflects poorly on you.

we are so far apart on this. if this is a reflection of where we are as a society, our country is screwed.

your guy made it all about race. he chose the 4 congresswomen to talk about.

he did not call out Congress. he did not call out Biden, or Pelosi. he called out "progressive democratic congresswomen". and you are wrong that he was trying to point out only 1 individual, because he uses the work "they", not "she", later in the tweet.

Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came.

Trump called his white, male, former secretary of state, dumb as a rock. He attacks everyone.

When you indiscriminately attack people, you are NOT discriminating.

Trump called his white, male, former secretary of state, dumb as a rock. He attacks everyone.

When you indiscriminately attack people, you are NOT discriminating.
It is Ok you can support a racist, a lot of people in this country do

Status
Not open for further replies.