What do you receive today? part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
When did you interview at UCSF Busdriver?

Members don't see this ad.

i interviewed at ucsf on jan 9. so it's been about a month and a half to two months. my gpa is 3.3 overall, 3.1 sci and my dat is 25AA, 23 sci, and 21 pat (on 2004 stats page 15). hope this helps!

Congrats busdriver!!! I interviewed at UCSF on the same day. I'm glad you got accepted. I'll be going to UCSF this fall and I look forward to meeting you when school starts. Till then, relax and have fun!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

---------------------------
UCSF School of Dentistry Class of 2008

Members don't see this ad :)
Congradulation, Busdriver.
Hehe, aint this exciting?
Do you need a roomate for next year?

Hi ecdoesit,
I know it is personal decision about which school you would go. In my opinion, UCLA is a good idea. UCSF and UCLA share the same facility, big name, and the same tuition. However, LA is near San Diego, weather is better, and the living cost is lower than SF. Just some thoughts. :D

Just as I was losing hope on UCLA, I received a call today for an interview next Wednesday. I know it's late, but I am so happy!!:clap: :clap:

Let's go get it, bbpower.
Wishing you all the best.

-news from creighton. they put me on their waitlist. foundout through infosource.

-letter from UConn confirming that i am on their waitlist. gee, thanks. might as well reject me. whats the diff between being on waitlist at UCONN and being rejected?
none (they won't go to their waitlist this year).

Perfect. I got exactly the same message from Creighton from InfoSource, too.

grettln,

have you called them at all and asked how their waitlist go?
i am just curious.

btw, i got an email from IUSD's financial aid office saying that IUSD starts in July which is considere SUMMER SESSION as far as financial aid is concerned and that i need to send a FAFSA app for 2003-2004 as well as 2004-2005.
:confused:

Every time that I think that I am special I see a grip of others that receive the same. I too received alternative standing at Creighton.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait listed at Creighton. I should be happy, this is my best response so far. Does anyone have any info on wait list process for Creighton and or chances?

Thanks,

BigJake

I got waitlisted at Creighton too.

I also got a second rejection letter from University of Iowa.

Hey I got a waitlist offer from Creighton too!-did they accapt anybody?

Yes they did. According to D. Travis, they have enough invitations out to fill the class. This as of 02/26/04. It seems to me that they have a lot of late drops, I hope.

BigJake

Rejections from Pitt and Buffalo...Ive heard from every school now, so Im FINALLY done wih the application cycle....now the decision making begins......

i should start withdrawing my apps from certain schools that I didn't hear from to prevent getting an official rejection hehe

Invitation to Columbia interview

I got a Columbia Interview invitation too....but isn't their class already full???

I hope it isn't full, I have an interview at SDOS this friday! Any advice?

Alternate at Florida...didn't think i got in, interview didn't go too well.

Originally posted by PiperPilot
I hope it isn't full, I have an interview at SDOS this friday! Any advice?
Nope, but let me know how it goes :p

I got a letter from Creighton today -- putting me on the alternate list. Even though i withdrew my applicaton about three months ago, that was nice of them.

Originally posted by speter33
Invitation to Columbia interview

With the replies I've seen you make on the everyone forum, I'm surprised schools would even put you on their alternative list.

rejection from UNLV. :(

my second choice.

my second choice.
rejection from UNLV.

Dude, you don't have a choice. Me and you are just happy to get in.

Letter from Creighton putting me on alternate status.

Phone call from Arizona with acceptance. They said they should have called me much sooner.(????)

Well, I received something totally unrelated to dentistry.
I became the 1 Gallon Donor at my blook bank.

It just seems to be that there is always a shortage of blood.
Please call your local blood bank to schedule a blood donation to help your community. Thanks.

I got a letter from Iowa today telling me that I was selected for a $60,000 research scholarhip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woohoo!!!!

I got a fat envelop from Detroit Mercy. It was a financial aid package. I have not got an interview yet. It was better than nothing, though. I guess they send this out to every applicant.

Interview invitation from NYU today. Can someone fill me in on NYU at this stage of the cycle?

You can still get in...their incoming class is ~250 students.

But remember, NYU is going to be one hefty loan.

Good luck on your interview!

Originally posted by pktchris
I got a letter from Iowa today telling me that I was selected for a $60,000 research scholarhip!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
woohoo!!!!

Wow, awesome! Congrats.

Originally posted by kimchiro
Interview invitation from NYU today. Can someone fill me in on NYU at this stage of the cycle?

Hey Kimchiro, don't worry too much about NYU. Just don't give them a reason to reject ya. most likely you will get in. Don't think about the cost for now. Just go and get in somewhere worry about paying for it later.

They accept a lot of students, don't worry about it there is plenty room for ya. Their deadline is in July and they don't stop filling the class till like first week of Sept.

Good luck.

hi,

i interviewed in stony brook in the first half of february. any idea of how long it takes for a decision for them? im thinking that their class is probably full and they are waiting to hear if people are going to decline. also, how long has it taken for people to hear back from nyu?

thanks!

Woodsy,
Thanks for your motivating words.

This week, I feel like seeing dimming light at the end of a tunnel. Has anyone input on ratio of #of acceptances/#interviewees for NYU? Just curious. I read from somewhere in this site that invitation=almost acceptance for NYU. How close is this statement to reality?. I really sound desperate, am I:D

I received a rejection letter from Nova in January. I received another one last night.

Okay Nova, I get the point.

Creighton alternate position.

congrad
is that ur top choice?

Nova interview invite after i have already been on the interview?

Originally posted by JRogoff
Nova interview invite after i have already been on the interview?

Yeah, same mess up with me except...rejection after Ive already been rejected.

Status
Not open for further replies.