What do you receive today? part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
congrad,
and may i ask again
if that is your top choice?

Members don't see this ad.

congratulations to everyone on their acceptances this week.

go and have fun now!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

i wonder why i still haven't heard from UCSF. i interviewed there 2 months ago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Perfect,
They are probably monitoring this thread and realizing your devotion to the Indiana. So they probably gave up on you:D

Listening to you whine about not getting acceptances, when you already have acceptance is ridicolous. take your own advice and go out and have fun. Stop posting stupid comments about not hearing anything.

hockeydentist, i am not complaining or whinning. i am just curious thats all.

kimchiro, you are probably right. i was thinking the same thing.

i don't really care about any other schools accepting or rejecting me at this point. i just wonder why they take soooo long to make decisions.

according to avingupta, beccause I choose Columbia over University of Toronto, I am smoking crack.. Well then I guess I love crack, cocaine and heroin!

Drugs are cool.:clap: :clap:

according to avingupta, beccause I choose Columbia over University of Toronto, I am smoking crack.. Well then I guess I love crack, cocaine and heroin!

Drugs are cool.

Well if your parents are paying for it, then I guess it doesnt matter, but if they are not....yes, you most likely smoke crack during your spare tme.....that, or all those industrial fumes in Hamilton has gotten to your head! Say hi to Akash for me!

Getting a bit cocky are we? People who have not been accepted only wish they were in your shoes. Do them a favor, shutup, and take a vacation

You think before you talk? Wow, you fooled us all I guess

i don't really care about any other schools accepting or rejecting me at this point. i just wonder why they take soooo long to make decisions.

Why don't you call them and find out what's going on instead of constantly harrasing this forum with your simplistic thoughts and idiotic claims?

Originally posted by primerz
Getting a bit cocky are we? People who have not been accepted only wish they were in your shoes. Do them a favor, shutup, and take a vacation

You think before you talk? Wow, you fooled us all I guess

Why don't you call them and find out what's going on instead of constantly harrasing this forum with your simplistic thoughts and idiotic claims?

Go Primerz, it's your birthday! Wow that was great..Sorry to Primerz victims but you guys got OWNED! :clap: :clap:

Originally posted by avingupta
Well if your parents are paying for it, then I guess it doesnt matter, but if they are not....yes, you most likely smoke crack during your spare tme.....that, or all those industrial fumes in Hamilton has gotten to your head! Say hi to Akash for me!

Yeah it's gotta be those industrial fumes man...Hamilton is such a crappy town..Mac makes Hamilton better than it is. Honestly, I would have been at U of T for undergrad if I didn't get into the Health Sci program at Mac..... BUt have you seen the U of T dental building? it's such a piece of crap!

primerz,

i don't know what your problem is. if you must, then yes i do think before i talk.

i don't call or contact or write any of the schools BECAUSE I DON'T CARE IF THEY ACCEPT ME OR NOT. get it dude?

i was only being curios thats all.

Yeah it's gotta be those industrial fumes man...Hamilton is such a crappy town..Mac makes Hamilton better than it is. Honestly, I would have been at U of T for undergrad if I didn't get into the Health Sci program at Mac..... BUt have you seen the U of T dental building? it's such a piece of crap!

Ummm....we are talking about the same school here, right? COlumbia University in New York...the one in Washington Heights? THat was better than UofT??? HAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!! Sorry bud, but Uoft's dental facilities were MUCH better than Columbia! Its sad that youve become blind to the Ivy League label as well.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ummm....we are talking about the same school here, right? COlumbia University in New York...the one in Washington Heights? THat was better than UofT??? HAHHAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHH!!! Sorry bud, but Uoft's dental facilities were MUCH better than Columbia! Its sad that youve become blind to the Ivy League label as well.

Of course, I was always about the Ivy League Label. U of T is just that small building though is it not?

I dunno Columbia looked pretty good to me. I saw that dental lab when I wrote the DAT...i dunno...

yah woodsy it is just that one building...i had a brief look around when i took my DAT... i can't compare it to columbia cause i haven't seen the facilities there.... but the UT facilities didn't knock me off my feet or anything...just looked normal...

Western's labs... hmmm... now i got to see a few rooms... nothin to jump at either eh.....in fact some of the workstations looked kinda run down... the clinic area was decent... again nothing really to compare it with.. but apparently when u walk in to NYU for example ur like in awe of the facilities...never felt that or anything close to that at UT or Western... the only thing that really excited me at Western was when the tour guide said they were gonna open a Manchu Wok in their dental building....

unlike you though if i got into to UT or Western(fingers crossed)...wouldn't pass it up... (not that there's anything wrong with ur choice though)

yah woodsy it is just that one building...i had a brief look around when i took my DAT... i can't compare it to columbia cause i haven't seen the facilities there.... but the UT facilities didn't knock me off my feet or anything...just looked normal...

Western's labs... hmmm... now i got to see a few rooms... nothin to jump at either eh.....in fact some of the workstations looked kinda run down... the clinic area was decent... again nothing really to compare it with.. but apparently when u walk in to NYU for example ur like in awe of the facilities...never felt that or anything close to that at UT or Western... the only thing that really excited me at Western was when the tour guide said they were gonna open a Manchu Wok in their dental building....

Ummm...well I never said UT's facilities knocked me off my feet or anything...but the building at UT was better than Columbia, thats for sure! Hell, out of all the interviews I went to, Columbia had the worst building.

The only good thing about COlumbia is that its tuition is quite reasonable for a private school....but you pay $5000 more and you get stellar facilities at Tufts, or pay $30000 LESS and goto a better school in Toronto.....but, oh yah...no Ivy League bragging rights <cough> <cough> I forgot.

Of course, I was always about the Ivy League Label. U of T is just that small building though is it not?

Yah, I figured this was the case...at least you admit it, whereas everyone else tries to hide it. ANyways, you realize that you cant own your own practice in the States unless you have a greencard or citizenship, right? So, you'll rack up all this debt in American dollars, and have to earn Canadian dollars in the end. This is ok for people who have no choice, but you have a choice to stay in Canada. Is it worth the right to brag to everyone that you went to an Ivy league school?

Well, if your parents are paying for it, its cool. Lemme guess...your either Indian or Asian, right? Im Indian, and I know that many people in my culture are superficial as hell! ANd my girlfriend is half chinese, and she told me her chinese family is worse.

has anyone heard from nyu recently? if so, when did you interview?

Originally posted by dj phin
has anyone heard from nyu recently? if so, when did you interview?

NYU acceptance yesterday (3/17) via phone call. I interviewed at the California regional interview in Burlingame on 3/13.

NYU acceptance!

Interviewed on March 1st by Dr.Weisselberg.

congratulations. how did you receive notification-by phone or mail?

i got the acceptance by mail. I called any knowles but she would not tell me on the phone. she said i gotto wait for the mail.

congratulations to all for their acceptances this week.

sent out my request to withdraw my app from the rest of the schools.

fiance and daughter are leaving for Indy this weekend but poor me has to wait here in CA till i finish the boring anatomy.
god i hate that. thank god for the NCAA tournament. lol

I just got a job in Costa Rica working with a Health Policy Firm!!! Looks like Im travelling around Latin America for the summer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

i got an acceptance letter from nyu today!!

Originally posted by dj phin
i got an acceptance letter from nyu today!!

Congratulations!

Its Late March - and Acceptances Continue...

Mo007
may i ask what you gpa dats and experience are???

To those of you who just got acceptances in NYU how late did you apply? AADSAS send in my app Dec 12th and I still haven't heard from NYU othe that my application is complete.

Why don't u call NYU?
i applied october 29
got my interview letter in feb.
interviewed and accepted in march

official rejection from UOP. It was nice and polite.

Originally posted by ShawnOne

same here...and also one from university of washington. i thought the one from U of W was weird cuz i thought they rejected me awhile ago...oh well...doesn't matter...

Alternate at University of Colorado School of Dentistry.

BigJake

Originally posted by ShawnOne

Got mine too yesterday, along with a nice sheet on reapplying. I can't figure out why I didn't even get an interview there. Maybe it was the late application?

Originally posted by sxr71
Got mine too yesterday, along with a nice sheet on reapplying. I can't figure out why I didn't even get an interview there. Maybe it was the late application?

Maybe the saw your picture and went :scared:

j/k man. Have you been accepted elsewhere? And how are your stats?

Originally posted by krull
Maybe the saw your picture and went :scared:

j/k man. Have you been accepted elsewhere? And how are your stats?

Maybe, but I didn't think I look that bad.

Yeah, I have NYU, BU and Columbia for acceptances. But I really thought I'd at least get an interview at UOP with my stats: AA/SA/PAT 24/24/17 and 3.31 science GPA. I really wanted to do the 3 year program they have, and they're a good clinical school.

good lord, a 24/24 and you didn't get an interview? that is the strangest thing I have ever seen. Columbia it is then, ey?

That does seem very strange that you didn't get an interview to UOP. Sometimes it's hard to figure what somes schools want. I would have thought you were a lock to get in.

good lord, a 24/24 and you didn't get an interview? that is the strangest thing I have ever seen. Columbia it is then, ey?

I'm not really sure, actually. Columbia is a great school, but I don't know if I want to do a GPR (which is pretty much a requirement if you go to Columbia). As an older student, I want to get settled in this field in a short amount of time and have good speed in clinicals. So if I could choose any school right now UOP would be it. Among schools I am waiting to hear from, Temple would be my pick for the amount of clinical practice you get there, or USC to get a grounding in California and to tap into that alumni network they have.

But Columbia is an Ivy League school and that isn't easily discounted.

Originally posted by HBomb888
That does seem very strange that you didn't get an interview to UOP. Sometimes it's hard to figure what somes schools want. I would have thought you were a lock to get in.

I just wish I applied earlier. Let this be a lesson to anyone who is even thinking of procrastinating like I did. I feel like calling them and asking them point blank what the problem was, but I doubt they'd know me from Adam. If you don't even get an interview your file might have only looked at by one or two people at most (if that).

I am 99 percent sure they will tell you what the problem was. Just go ahead and give them a call today or sometime in the near future. This will help people tremendously on this board dude. I am still shocked that a 24 DAT did not even get an interview!

I am 99 percent sure they will tell you what the problem was. Just go ahead and give them a call today or sometime in the near future. This will help people tremendously on this board dude. I am still shocked that a 24 DAT did not even get an interview!

I will post if they tell me what it is. I'm going to be calling them tomorrow for sure. My guess is that it is because of the late application, Columbia is very forgiving of that, thankfully.

Originally posted by sxr71
I just wish I applied earlier

when did u apply? (sorry if this was in the earlier posts...i'm too lazy to go through all of them). but yeah, i thought i was going to get an interview as well since people say uop looks at the DAT more than the gpa. the only reason that i didn't get an interview that i came up with is that my science gpa is low. i got 25AA/23Sci/21pat for the DAT and my science gpa was 3.1. the thing is, i applied in june so i dont think it's a late applicant issue. so what the heck? people told me that applicants should call uop cuz that'll show that you're interested in the school but i did and still no interview. they even told me that my DATs were very competitive. oh well...

I got a rejection from University of Washington!-oh well I had forgotten that I even applied there!

I got my answer. She said that my application didn't get there until Dec 11 and that their class was already full at that point. It takes apparently 8 weeks for the committee to review the app. She said my DAT and my GPA was competitive and that my rec letters and essay were both good. So the advice I got (I said I wanted to know for reapplication next year) was to apply early next year. Crap! Oh well at least I'm going somewhere this year.

Come to Temple...I know you were considering it! :D

Come to Temple...I know you were considering it! :D

I am still considering Temple, I think I even put that in my post above. The schools I really want to hear from are Temple and USC at this point. At least I've interviewed at both, but I wonder what's holding Temple back from sending me an acceptance. These schools puzzle me at times.

Originally posted by pktchris
I got a rejection from University of Washington!-oh well I had forgotten that I even applied there!

I got one today too! Oh well!

Status
Not open for further replies.