What do you receive today? part 01

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
After receving 2 rejection letters yesterday from UOP and UNLV, I got a surprise email from UMB today. They granted me an acceptance! Wow, I am so happy that I got into all the schools that I really want to go. Too bad it is just a bit late. Anyway, keep your faith, guys. Your mail will come.

Members don't see this ad.

Originally posted by sxr71
I got my answer. She said that my application didn't get there until Dec 11 and that their class was already full at that point. It takes apparently 8 weeks for the committee to review the app. She said my DAT and my GPA was competitive and that my rec letters and essay were both good. So the advice I got (I said I wanted to know for reapplication next year) was to apply early next year. Crap! Oh well at least I'm going somewhere this year.
:thumbup:

Thanks a lot buddy. I hope more people who are applying read this and realize how important applying early is :D

Originally posted by krull
:thumbup:

Thanks a lot buddy. I hope more people who are applying read this and realize how important applying early is :D

I called UMICH and got a similar story, but she didn't go over my file with me, she said the committee still has it and she won't get it back until they are done with it. She told me to pay my deposit if I got in somewhere else because Michigan is full, and that they are already calling in alternates. Basically she said there is a very small chance since the committee is looking over my app, but to not risk it at this point. Personally I doubt I'll get in if they are calling alternates at this point.

High stats, medium stats or low stats - you have to apply early if you are particular about which school you want to go to.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hadn't checked my mail in a while because I moved or updated this thing but:

Rejections from U of Pacific, UPenn, Nova, UConn and alternate spot offered at UMich.

Originally posted by discolphie
Hadn't checked my mail in a while because I moved or updated this thing but:

Rejections from U of Pacific, UPenn, Nova, UConn and alternate spot offered at UMich.

Did you interview at UPenn? If you did can you tell me when your interview was...because I'm still waiting to hear from them. Thanks so much!!

Congrats on getting accepted at Columbia. I got regected by them :(

No interviews at any of those schools except for Umich.. I believe UPenn's last interviews were scheduled around the first week of March...

Boy it was fun, opening up a small letter, with a big fat rejection sign.

I think I am going to make a pile of my rejection letters and piss all over them. should be fun :)

So far I have two rejection letters to my collection

San Antonio and Baylor

Originally posted by Impmail101
NYU acceptance!

Interviewed on March 1st by Dr.Weisselberg.
Did they mention during the interview how NYU did on NBDE1?

heh, don't worry aileen
you got into columbia. Ooh, I will study hard for that DAT to get into that school.

Received a thick envelope from University of Tennessee - Memphis today. Woo-Hoo!

Originally posted by hockeydentist
Boy it was fun, opening up a small letter, with a big fat rejection sign.

I think I am going to make a pile of my rejection letters and piss all over them. should be fun :)

So far I have two rejection letters to my collection

San Antonio and Baylor

i have a few of those letters. i will keep them and look at them every time i progress in my dental education. sometimes those kinda things can really bring you extra motivation.

ok, i received a letter from USC acknowledging my withdrawl and they hope that i have gotten in somewhere else.

duhhhhhh:laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received a large packet from Baylor detailing everything I need to do before classes begin. Two forms are due by April 16th!

man i just went back and read all the posts since i 1st started writing in this thread.

sooooo awesome to go back and read what a journey most of us went through before the news came.

i am gonna make Feb 16th an official holiday of mine.

Misogi, I just hope the sizes of the gloves and labcoat I got will still fit come August!

Good Job Woodsy...UofT is a fukin hard school to get into, so I give you mad credit on that one...but still aint no respect for Columbia :D

Woodsy, which school will you be attending? Have you made up your mind yet?

Aileen,

me dunnol....ahhhh....

i'll decide when my exams are done...

thanks Avin!

letter from UCSF saying that they couldn't admit me to their school anymore since their class is NOW FULL.

funny, i mailed them my withdrawl letter 2 days ago.

oh yeah, i did get something really cool. my airline tickets to INDY. can't wait to get there and set up my house. almost time for me (just 6 weeks) to move there for good :clap:

another letter from UDM asking for more supplemental stuff when i already sent them my withdrawl letter a while ago.

Received a thick envelope from University of Tennessee - Memphis.

dentalarts said:
Received a thick envelope from University of Tennessee - Memphis.

Congratulations, a kid in my histo class is still waiting on them, I hope he gets in.

Calculus1 said:
Congratulations, a kid in my histo class is still waiting on them, I hope he gets in.
Calculus1 -

I met two students from Arkansas when I interviewed on the 26th of March. Perhaps the individual in your histo class interviewed on the same day.

Thanks and congratulations to you as well.

Shawn one, I remember you from Yahoo-predental . Hope NYU will work out for you. You will get into NYU !

Acceptance letter from NYU. I sincerely thank you all SDNers who spared your precious time in posting constructive and informative threads. This site has been my lifeline for valuable information, motivation, courage etc.. Once again thank you everyone...

kimchiro said:
Acceptance letter from NYU. I sincerely thank you all SDNers who spared your precious time in posting constructive and informative threads. This site has been my lifeline for valuable information, motivation, courage etc.. Once again thank you everyone...
Congratulations!!!!
Hey buddy, when did you interview?

My interview was April 5. I think my interviewer told me to give about two weeks to hear from them. Well, it was exactly two weeks. I look forward to seeing you all.

kimchiro said:
Congrats Buddy, I called it from DAY 1

I got a rejection letter from Stony Brook University today. Honestly after so many months of ignoring my messages and emails i don't even care.
My stats: 3.6 in Biochemistry
22 on Dat and that's not even enough to get me an interview?? Must be some geniuses in that school. I just would like to know, perhaps I did something wrong in my Undergrad years. Thank god I have been accepted in other schools. Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks guys.

Balki said:
I got a rejection letter from Stony Brook University today. Honestly after so many months of ignoring my messages and emails i don't even care.
My stats: 3.6 in Biochemistry
22 on Dat and that's not even enough to get me an interview?? Must be some geniuses in that school. I just would like to know, perhaps I did something wrong in my Undergrad years. Thank god I have been accepted in other schools. Any thoughts on this ?

Thanks guys.
Hey, Balki. I got that letter yesterday, too. I just laughed at them. No interview. I KNOW exactly how you feel. I have similar stats. :smuggrin:

Woodsy said:
Congrats Buddy, I called it from DAY 1
Hey Woodsy,
Nice to hear from you. I surely remmember your call from DAY 1. I thank you for that.

oooooooooooooo k,

i brought this thread up again because:

1. it was my favorite thread when i was going through the app cycle last year and was the most helpful one of all for me.
2. it seems like we have many new members who are applying this year and they prpbably would like this thread.
3. i think this thread will keep the forum somewhat organized.

hope the new apps use it.

another cool thread from last year incase you wanna read.

feb 16 was the best day for me!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.