WesternU MSMS Fall 2011/2012 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi Doctora Jr.
Unfortunately, we are not allowed to go through the questiosn that were asked during the interview. It would not be fair to those who were already interviewed and to those waiting to be interviewed. I can tell you that they were "behavioral-based questions" as it states they would be on the WesternU website. Just be yourself and try to relax and you will do great! Good luck to you!

Thank you Med2OP. Sorry, I was just trying to figure out what to expect. I will try to relax. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Application complete 3/15

Interview invite 4/4

Hey miramorel, did you ever have to contact the admissions office to follow up with ur application process? I was completed back in Feb and my Ban Web's "complete ready to process" status hasn't changed since then.

Good Morning Everyone! I got in touch with Alex, current MSMS class president, and he says the colloquium is tentatively scheduled for Wednesday, April 27th from 10-12pm. This will be a professional setting, so they will be dressed in professional attire as I think we all should be. I will confirm this date and time with Jodi as Alex said it may change. For those who are still waiting to hear back or are going to be interviewed soon, please let me know if you would be interested in attending if you get acceptance by April 27th. Thanks! =)

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey miramorel, did you ever have to contact the admissions office to follow up with ur application process? I was completed back in Feb and my Ban Web's "complete ready to process" status hasn't changed since then.

Mine did not change online. It still says "complete ready to process."

I do not know what you mean by follow up..? I emailed them to make sure that they received everything but that was all.

Maybe you should email them or call and see if you can check on the status of your application process. Or have you already heard from them and just saying your online status did not change? lol

I had my interview last march 15 but i havent heard anything back. is it just me?

No. I was also interviewed on the 15th but there's a hold on my app....

Received April 14th interview. I'm pre-DO and interested in linkage. I'm debating on this program through linkage or if I should go through with an MPH-Epidemiology through Loma Linda University. Decisions Decisions!

Send me an invite through facebook, too, if possible =P

Application - $50

Interview - $2 parking + $20 in gas

PA Program 1st evaluation of my application resulting in a "most likely no" - $0

Jodi putting a hold on my application - $4.95 (starbucks to make myself feel better)

Emailed Jodi previous Western Application for Fall 2010 - $0

Jodi presenting my application to PA program again - $0

PA Program giving me the chance to matriculate in their program - $4.95 for preliminary celebration at starbucks

knowing that i am not yet rejected - priceless

Anyways, I hope that you made you laugh. lol.

Spoke to Jodi today in regards to my status.

The PA program is giving me the chance to matriculate in their program in contingent that I do very well in the MSMS program because a linkage has not been created and their avg science gpa is quite high compare to mine.

The only thing left to do is for Jodi to have all the committee members vote me on for the MSMS and become the first ever pre-PA on the MSMS program ( as of yet - i don't know if the upcoming interviews have Pre-PA students)

Wish me Luck (again) !

:D

Application - $50

PA Program 1st evaluation of my application resulting in a "most likely no" - $0

Jodi putting a hold on my application - $4.95 (starbucks to make myself feel better)

PA Program giving me the chance to matriculate in their program - $4.95 for preliminary celebration at starbucks

The PA program is giving me the chance to matriculate in their program in contingent that I do very well in the MSMS program because a linkage has not been created and their avg science gpa is quite high compare to mine.

The only thing left to do is for Jodi to have all the committee members vote me on for the MSMS and become the first ever pre-PA on the MSMS program ( as of yet - i don't know if the upcoming interviews have Pre-PA students)

Wish me Luck (again) !

Hahaha. Definitely made me laugh. I wish you luck!!!!! I wish my application process was as cheap as yours. Mine will be about $1000. :eek:

application - $50

interview - $2 parking + $20 in gas

pa program 1st evaluation of my application resulting in a "most likely no" - $0

jodi putting a hold on my application - $4.95 (starbucks to make myself feel better)

emailed jodi previous western application for fall 2010 - $0

jodi presenting my application to pa program again - $0

pa program giving me the chance to matriculate in their program - $4.95 for preliminary celebration at starbucks

anyways, i hope that you made you laugh. Lol.

Spoke to jodi today in regards to my status.

The pa program is giving me the chance to matriculate in their program in contingent that i do very well in the msms program because a linkage has not been created and their avg science gpa is quite high compare to mine.

The only thing left to do is for jodi to have all the committee members vote me on for the msms and become the first ever pre-pa on the msms program ( as of yet - i don't know if the upcoming interviews have pre-pa students)

wish me luck (again) !

:hungover:

good luck! This make me laugh so much! Hope to be studying alongside you in june! =)

Congrats MCATbound! I'm in the April 14th interview too!

Thank Jacob, I'm spending whatever assets I have left on a gray suit but I'm unsure if this is wise investment since I have other colors. I'm totally lost on what to wear for Thursday... Built in AC system in my jacket would suffice.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank Jacob, I'm spending whatever assets I have left on a gray suit but I'm unsure if this is wise investment since I have other colors. I'm totally lost on what to wear for Thursday... Built in AC system in my jacket would suffice.

HAHA you're cute! I had a hard time deciding what to wear too. I'm sosososo nervous for this Thursday!

Application - $50

Wish me Luck (again) !

Good luck!!! I'm sure you'll make it. After all that work, who's gonna say no?! :)

So from what I can gather only one non-DO PAbound who is the only person who has been accepted to the program(congrats:)).
Are there any other non-DO who have been accepted? Dental or Optometry?
I'm starting to really worry about the status of my application since I have not heard anything from the admissions committee since my interview on march 10th. Jodi has been an impossibility to reach lately.

So from what I can gather only one non-DO PAbound who is the only person who has been accepted to the program(congrats:)).
Are there any other non-DO who have been accepted? Dental or Optometry?
I'm starting to really worry about the status of my application since I have not heard anything from the admissions committee since my interview on march 10th. Jodi has been an impossibility to reach lately.

I'm not accepted. Forgive me if any of my posts communicated acceptance - but through my clarification - I am not (yet) accepted as of today (April 14, 2011 6:32 pm)

I'm still in the same boat as you and every other applicants who has not been informed on a final decision.

I do feel the frustrations of lingering in limbo, but I am very blessed for making this far.

Good luck everybody.

After the April 14th Interview this is the information I received:

One more interview session is on the 28th of April. This interview date will be for a few spots left in the program. The admissions committee will be meeting next Thursday and discuss and make decisions on who is Accepted, Waitlisted and Non-Accepted. Results of the meeting should be sent out to students as late as the Monday following the Thursday meeting. But don't hold me to that!

That's all the information I have been told to give out. Also, Jodi said, for the students who interviewed in the first and second session who haven't received a response yet: stop worrying, you haven't been chosen yet only because they have been waiting for the admissions committee to get together in one room! Regarding the applicants who have already been accepted (from 1st and 2nd interview session), they were exceptional students and were given admittance as soon as possible. Congratulations for them, they deserve the early decision.

For the rest of us in attendance during the 1st, 2nd and 3rd interview dates and waiting for a decision: Good Luck!!!! I hope to see you guys soon!

Thanks for the update MCATBound!

So yea, I just found out today that my app is still under evaulation... this is so frustratin!!! I was completed back in late Feb. too

Have a wonderful weekend everybody

thank you MCATBOUND

Quick question for those who have already interviewed, how long did the interview day last? I am still awaiting an interview invite, but if they are holding their last set of interviews on the 28th, I might have to change a flight I have to a later time or date in order to attend.

Last edited:
The interview lasted from 8 to 4:30 for me. It just all depends on how many people are in the group because the interviews don't actually start until after lunch around 1. My suggestion for you is to just assume your day is not going to end until 5 just to be safe.

Please message me your information if you are already accepted to the MSMS program and are interested in attending the Colloquium on April 27th. I have posted on the Facebook page so please ignore this message if you have already confirmed that you will be attending on the facebook page. Thanks! =)

Hi all, so how many people have been accepted at this point?

If I am keeping track correctly, 10 people have been accepted.

Just spoke to joni and the office - they have not met for a decision on all pending appliations. They will have another interview this thursday .

Just keep swimming.

Just spoke to joni and the office - they have not met for a decision on all pending appliations. They will have another interview this thursday .

Just keep swimming.

Hi PAbound86, did they mention when they were going to meet up to decide?

Beancurd and PABound:

Have you already interviewed or waiting on a response from an interview?

I interviewed on the 14 and I am obsessed with my email at the moment. Ahh! I just want to know so bad! haha

Beancurd and PABound:

Have you already interviewed or waiting on a response from an interview?

I interviewed on the 14 and I am obsessed with my email at the moment. Ahh! I just want to know so bad! haha

I interviewed on the 14th too! & same here! I'm trying not to think about it too much, cause it's making me so nervous HAHA

I am in the process of applying to Western's DO program, but I have heard mixed reviews about the curriculum change regarding the emphasis on problem-based teaching. A few 3rd years that I've talked to say that they didn't like the change at all and that it did NOT prepare them for their boards at all.

Is anyone currently a student at Western or is an alumni? Did you personally find the overall curriculum to prepare you well for the USMLE boards? (if you took those) Thanks for your help and I appreciate your feedback!

I interviewed on the 14th too! & same here! I'm trying not to think about it too much, cause it's making me so nervous HAHA

When do you think we will hear? Hopefully tomorrow since that will make it 2 weeks? Are you on the facebook group yet?

Sorry for all the questions. :)

I emailed them this morning and the response said they were still going over applications and scheduling interviews. I am hoping tomorrow's is the last interview date so we can find out.

When do you think we will hear? Hopefully tomorrow since that will make it 2 weeks? Are you on the facebook group yet?

Sorry for all the questions. :)

Hello miramorel! I have no clue when we'll hear :/ I'm not really expecting to find out when they say we will, because it seems like everything is chaotic and everyone's busy. But hopefully soon (&hopefully good news HAHA)! I'm not on the facebook group, are you? No worries about the questions! My mind's jumping all over the place too hahaha.

I am in the process of applying to Western's DO program, but I have heard mixed reviews about the curriculum change regarding the emphasis on problem-based teaching. A few 3rd years that I've talked to say that they didn't like the change at all and that it did NOT prepare them for their boards at all.

Is anyone currently a student at Western or is an alumni? Did you personally find the overall curriculum to prepare you well for the USMLE boards? (if you took those) Thanks for your help and I appreciate your feedback!

Sorry no one's answered you! Most of the people on this thread are not currently students at Western. We're all trying to get in hehe

Hello miramorel! I have no clue when we'll hear :/ I'm not really expecting to find out when they say we will, because it seems like everything is chaotic and everyone's busy. But hopefully soon (&hopefully good news HAHA)! I'm not on the facebook group, are you? No worries about the questions! My mind's jumping all over the place too hahaha.

I am. You can add me as a friend and I can add you to the group if you would like. Miranda Morelan-- It has the accepted students and then the people that are still in waiting so it has been an interesting one. haha

Only a month till classes start. Ahhh.

I am hoping for the email today! haha

Do they email the acceptance letter or snail mail?

I spoke with Danielle Mendoza today and she stated that they are finalizing everything, and we will finally hear news (good or bad) early next week.

I wish everyone the best of luck.

Were there any other Pre-Physician Assistant applicants?

Were there any other Pre-Physician Assistant applicants?

I guess not... haha That may be a really good thing though. :)

So... we should know early this week. Please let it be tomorrow!!! Also found out there is another day for interviews on May 17th.