WesternU MSMS Fall 2011/2012 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I guess not... haha That may be a really good thing though. :)

So... we should know early this week. Please let it be tomorrow!!! Also found out there is another day for interviews on May 17th.

May 17, 2011 interview. Another interview most likely means that they are looking for something specific.

Maybe there were not enough applicants for the other two linkage: Optometry and Dental.

Hopefully tomorrow is the day.

Hope, hope, hoping.

PS: Thor was a good movie.

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, that means those people only have less than 2 weeks to quit their jobs n other stuff... anyway plz let it be 2moro!

Will not know today. No decisions have been made. The admissions committee is meeting again tomorrow and decisions should be made TOMORROW! Ahh. haha Since there are so many different professions the admissions committee is very big and its hard for all of them to get together I am guessing, which is understandable.

I talked to Jodi... She is extremely nice so it relaxed me. Tomorrow will hopefully be the day. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I thought decisions had already been finalized last week and we would find out early this week. This is really dragging. What about people who have to move before the 1st?

Thanks for the update and lets keep hoping.

Will not know today. No decisions have been made. The admissions committee is meeting again tomorrow and decisions should be made TOMORROW! Ahh. haha Since there are so many different professions the admissions committee is very big and its hard for all of them to get together I am guessing, which is understandable.

I talked to Jodi... She is extremely nice so it relaxed me. Tomorrow will hopefully be the day. :thumbup:

I thought decisions had already been finalized last week and we would find out early this week. This is really dragging. What about people who have to move before the 1st?

Thanks for the update and lets keep hoping.

I thought the same thing until someone posted on fb about talking to the office so that is when I decided to call to confirm. It is dragging. And I live across the US so I needed to start moving last week haha. I just hope that I am getting an acceptance email. :D

I thought the same thing until someone posted on fb about talking to the office so that is when I decided to call to confirm. It is dragging. And I live across the US so I needed to start moving last week haha. I just hope that I am getting an acceptance email. :D

I am in California but I am supposed to travel to Honduras last week of May to 1st wk of June and I do not want to pay the balance of the trip if I cannot go. I am willing to lose all the money I have put towards the trip if I am accepted (chances not great) but I would still like to know. I was on 2nd interview so it has been a LONG WAIT! Good luck to you.

I am in California but I am supposed to travel to Honduras last week of May to 1st wk of June and I do not want to pay the balance of the trip if I cannot go. I am willing to lose all the money I have put towards the trip if I am accepted (chances not great) but I would still like to know. I was on 2nd interview so it has been a LONG WAIT! Good luck to you.

Honduras sounds amazing! Too bad it is overlapping with school. If you interviewed, you have a decently good chance. When you think about it there were like 540 applicants 400 complete applications 80 some interviews. So you have made the cut so far! Keep the hopes up. :)

Congratulations! When did you get your e-mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
I wish everyone the best of luck for those who are still waiting - I am sending out my positivity and a powerful barrier to blackout negativity.

I will see you guys in June - yes you!!! :)

Question.

When do we get our Western email?

I need to access my Financial Aid - but i think i need an email login to access it no?

Question.

When do we get our Western email?

I need to access my Financial Aid - but i think i need an email login to access it no?

You don't need email to access financial aid, have u filled put a FAFSA and listed western as ur school? If not, that is the first thing u need to do.

You don't need email to access financial aid, have u filled put a FAFSA and listed western as ur school? If not, that is the first thing u need to do.

Yes. My FAFSA has been completed months ago - i needed view my award aid - but before i can, I need to turn in my citizenship status to Western before they can even released it to me.

hey guys i got invited for that May 17th interview. Im pre-dent and im also currently waitlisted at the DMD program for this year, so im hoping if i dont get off the waitlist i can get into the MSMS with linkage for next year!

hey guys i got invited for that May 17th interview. Im pre-dent and im also currently waitlisted at the DMD program for this year, so im hoping if i dont get off the waitlist i can get into the MSMS with linkage for next year!

Awesome! Best of luck.

Wish the best of luck to the May 17th interviewees.

When was your application submitted? It seems they keep adding interviews because they are looking for students applying to programs other pre-med but I agree with you--we need to find out (either way) NOW.

I did my interview on 4/28. I called the school few days ago and asked when they will make the decision. They said they will inform all by the end of next week. I think it's kinda ridiculous how they do their last interview on 5/17 and make all the previous interviewees wait until the day less than a week before the class starts... what about the people who work? Do they have to tell their boss that they will leave next week? or tell them that they might be leaving and hire new one month before?

I am in the same exact situation as you, hang in there! :thumbup:

Last edited:
I know someone who is applying and I agree with you guys---it's really cutting close! Especially for those folks who have to come from out of state or out of the area in SoCal and find living arrangements! Be patient guys! I hope that there is accomodations for you.

Also wanted to add that some folks who attend UC's are in a bit of a tough spot due to the final's week coinciding with orientation. I hope they make some concessions.

Good luck guys!

Last edited:
did anyone who interviewed on the 17th hear back yet?

I interviewed in March and have not heard anything yet! Do you know how many applicants have been accepted so far?

Hi everyone!

I applied to WesternU MSMS program, along with Touro-CA and Nevada. I waiting for a response from them, but I was wondering if anyone knew about this school and if its any good? Any comparisons to Touro?

Thanks!
:)

I applied, I had not heard anything so I called and left a message with Jodi. I think she is out of the office since not many have heard from her the past month or so. So for a couple of weeks I keep leaving messages. Finally I call the main office and I have to leave a message with them. Still no response.
Finally, I e-mailed them. Then I get a response a few days later. I found out that I got rejected because they had not received everything by April 1st. What? I mean I had everything in the mail and post-marked in March but when I check my application most of it was not entered into the system until the 1st week of April. So on the website when it says "all materials must be postmarked by April 1st" its a lie. Just thought I would pass it on. I was very disturbed that they would cash my check knowing that I was auto-rejected and they did not notify me. They said I would get an official notification when they reject everyone later this month. So for those of you still waiting I wouldn't hope too much at this point.

Hi everyone! I was also in the May 17th interview and haven't heard anything. When I called yesterday, they said they are still "working" on it. That was all they said. Does anyone have any tips or advice b/c it's getting so close to the wire?

I am curious to know when May 17th applicants submitted their applications. I interviewed in March and have not heard anything! When does school start? Isn't it next Tuesday?

I applied, I had not heard anything so I called and left a message with Jodi. I think she is out of the office since not many have heard from her the past month or so. So for a couple of weeks I keep leaving messages. Finally I call the main office and I have to leave a message with them. Still no response.
Finally, I e-mailed them. Then I get a response a few days later. I found out that I got rejected because they had not received everything by April 1st. What? I mean I had everything in the mail and post-marked in March but when I check my application most of it was not entered into the system until the 1st week of April. So on the website when it says "all materials must be postmarked by April 1st" its a lie. Just thought I would pass it on. I was very disturbed that they would cash my check knowing that I was auto-rejected and they did not notify me. They said I would get an official notification when they reject everyone later this month. So for those of you still waiting I wouldn't hope too much at this point.

I had a similar situation to this when applying to this program. Everything was marked complete on their website since early march. I never heard anything for a couple months, so I called their admissions. They said my committee letter did not count as a committee letter and only counted as one letter. I said but everything is marked as complete on your website and that "committee letter" was adequate for all the dental schools I applied to. They said your application has been incomplete and will be removed from further consideration.

And I completely agree, why did they cash my check if my app was never complete?

Hi everyone! I was also in the May 17th interview and haven't heard anything. When I called yesterday, they said they are still "working" on it. That was all they said. Does anyone have any tips or advice b/c it's getting so close to the wire?

Hi MedGirl04,

I met a current MSMS student during my interview and he was interviewed and accepted 2 days before school started.

And now he is a graduate of the program and about to enter dental school.

I am not sure what the current status or procedures as of today, but if the person i met can make it then i believe that everyone still has a chance.

Hi MedGirl04,

I met a current MSMS student during my interview and he was interviewed and accepted 2 days before school started.

And now he is a graduate of the program and about to enter dental school.

I am not sure what the current status or procedures as of today, but if the person i met can make it then i believe that everyone still has a chance.

PABound, do you know how many people have been accepted already (per facebook)?

Hi PABound86--

Thank you for the positive story! I finally got some sort of answer by calling in for the third time and it turns out I'm waitlisted. I thought we were supposed to be e-mailed if we were waitlisted so I was a little bit confused. Regardless, I guess I will have to wait until the very end to hear...So we will see! (fingers crossed).

Hi PABound86--

Thank you for the positive story! I finally got some sort of answer by calling in for the third time and it turns out I'm waitlisted. I thought we were supposed to be e-mailed if we were waitlisted so I was a little bit confused. Regardless, I guess I will have to wait until the very end to hear...So we will see! (fingers crossed).

I was going to call them today, but this post got me scared

PABound, do you know how many people have been accepted already (per facebook)?

Hi DR410,

I am not part of the facebook group.

Well from the information i can obtain on this post - 12 so far?....

Ok, it is now Friday 8pm here on the east coast. Still havent heard anything from western, does this mean I got rejected?

Ok, it is now Friday 8pm here on the east coast. Still havent heard anything from western, does this mean I got rejected?

ODorDO- you should really give them a call. You never know. Ask for Jodi, she'll tell you right away. Good luck!

I think we are just not what they are looking for. I am convinced they are looking for applicants for dentistry, podiatry, optometry, etc.

I think we are just not what they are looking for. I am convinced they are looking for applicants for dentistry, podiatry, optometry, etc.

I would like to believe this is true. My friend who interviewed in May said that most of the people who were interviewing were Pre-DO. I am assuming that in the application you would specify what track you are hoping for and they would have knowledge of that before inviting you to interview.

Nonetheless, I hope you guys hear some good news soon!

Yea, i feel the same here. it's kinda ridiculous how western leaves a majority of it's applicants in the dark up until the day before school starts.

For any applicants in the future... here's my ratings for WesternU's post bac application process:

• 10/10 for submitting the application and getting all the required documents in.. had very few issues
  • 9/10 for interview experience. got a warm feeling from the school, admissions officers and other applicants.
  • 10/10 for WesternU's campus
  • 1/10 for post interview experience. poor communication and LONG wait. be proactive in getting your status (which means having some back ups ready). westernu doesn't put any effort in getting in touch with u. no emails.. until the very last day (assuming i'll get one tomorrow, it'll probably be a rejection letter).

ODorDO- you should really give them a call. You never know. Ask for Jodi, she'll tell you right away. Good luck!

Thank you, I called today and found out that I am ranked 5th on the the waitlist. Oh well, better than not hearing anything right? Good luck this year!

Thank you, I called today and found out that I am ranked 5th on the the waitlist. Oh well, better than not hearing anything right? Good luck this year!

Hey-- so does that mean since you are 5th and classes start tomorrow that everything is closed? what did she say about those on the waiting list?

Interesting, I was told the wait list was not ranked and that it was NOT moving at all!

yea she said the class starts 2moro and the chance of that list moving is very slim at this point :(

I'm skeptical with all this last minute stuff that they were able to start on the intended May 8th date.

Any accepted posters mind disclosing whether or not they began classes on the intended June 1st date?

worst post-interview experience ever.