WesternU MSMS Fall 2011/2012 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Have a good weekend everyone.

Be safe and have fun.

Bless Japan and her families.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone...It was nice meeting last week for interviews...Well hope to see everyone in the summer....Good Luck!

hello, i am an alternate for the DMD class of 2015. I want to apply to this msms program as a back up in case i dont get in. The deadline to apply says April 15, however, is this class already full?

Members don't see this ad :)
They just started interviewing last Thurs so the class is not full yet, but I would get in your app in asap!

um... any news for the next interview date?

Good luck to those with interviews tomorrow! =)

Hi Everyone,

The interview was such an amazing experience. I felt the aura of respect from the faculty, as well as the feeling that they wanted me to be there.

Jodi has an amazing personality, and I could not be happier to have finally met her.

In regards to the interview - I'm not sure how descriptive I can get - but I will share my adventure.

The morning half of the interview day is mostly financial aid presentations as well as a presentation of the curriculum. Then half of the group went for a campus tour and the other went on to write an ethical based essay. Again, the essay is ethical based, and you have all the resources ready at your finger tips. It wasn't difficult at all - I believe the essay is there to assess your thought process when a situation rises.

Lunch was great!

The Interview

I had two interviews - each was about 30-45 minute long. One interview was with students, and the other was with faculty (I had two MDs for my faculty interview). The interview was more of a conversation rather an answer question session. The questions are not there to trick you - very basic questions - such as why medicine, volunteer experience, etc.

Take it to heart when I say - BE YOURSELF!

It's no longer about the grades, its closed file - now its the personality tests.

SMILE, and the interviewers will smile back.

oh yes, there were 12 people today with 3 no call no shows.

- John

Looks like you're sold on Western :)

Btw, how do you guys find out about the "no shows"? Do they announce it?
That would be 6 people who did not make it to the interviews as of now, what I would do for that spot!!

Looks like you're sold on Western :)

Btw, how do you guys find out about the "no shows"? Do they announce it?
That would be 6 people who did not make it to the interviews as of now, what I would do for that spot!!

Yes. Western is my top choice. I applied to another program last year and i got denied.

While we were waiting to be called for our individual interviews, Jodi was hanging out with us and she spoke of the missing people.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Guys so 32 interviewed (6 no shows) and there is roughly 25 spots ! Hopefully the majority of us get in! And the rest get interviews (this does not even count the people granted acceptance who choose not to attend), however most everyone I met seemed very certain this was their very first option. Is anyone else getting excited! I am!, all the hard work is done, now it's out of our hands! Good luck everyone !!!

:)

Hey Guys so 32 interviewed (6 no shows) and there is roughly 25 spots ! Hopefully the majority of us get in! And the rest get interviews (this does not even count the people granted acceptance who choose not to attend), however most everyone I met seemed very certain this was their very first option. Is anyone else getting excited! I am!, all the hard work is done, now it's out of our hands! Good luck everyone !!!

Jodi said they are looking to accept 30 students for this years class! That made me very excited! You're right 17191719, we have done all the hard work and now all we can do is wait! GOOD LUCK TO ALL! :D:luck::xf:

Yes, I'm very excited. I've already begun looking for possible places to rent for the next year(s). Good luck to all.

Yes, I'm very excited. I've already begun looking for possible places to rent for the next year(s). Good luck to all.

(Mick, I Can't reply to your message) Well we will know soon enough. Another week and a half to go. I think this is going to be the longest week of my life!

Definately the longest week.....!!! Ps it was nice meeting the current students so thanks for all your wisdom on the interview day and thanks for ur continual support and words on here..... I'm soooooo excited !!!! This is killing me waiting!

Hi guys, I was supposed to be interviewed on the 15th with you ! But I missed their phone call, and they never picked up when I kept calling back =\

But I finally got rescheduled for April 14th! kinda far from now, but I hope that doesn't affect anything. I know it's rolling admissions right? I'm super nervous!! );

Hi guys, I was supposed to be interviewed on the 15th with you ! But I missed their phone call, and they never picked up when I kept calling back =\

But I finally got rescheduled for April 14th! kinda far from now, but I hope that doesn't affect anything. I know it's rolling admissions right? I'm super nervous!! );

Hi there. I got interviewed on the 10th. They didn't exactly say that it was rolling admission but Jodi said that the groups interviewed on the 10th and 15th would be judged together and we would know our status within 2-3 weeks then they would move on and interview more students. So, essentially you can call it a rolling admission but they don't like to call it that. Good Luck on your upcoming interview! =)

Hey Guys,

So I also wasn't able to come out to the Tuesday March 15th interview because I was out of town. I called them today and I am now scheduled for April 14th. I hope this doesn't decrease my chances of getting in or being considered for the linkage program. Anyone else interview April 14th?

Hey Guys,

So I also wasn't able to come out to the Tuesday March 15th interview because I was out of town. I called them today and I am now scheduled for April 14th. I hope this doesn't decrease my chances of getting in or being considered for the linkage program. Anyone else interview April 14th?

I'm barely getting my things together to submit and I hope I'll be able to join you Ronicap and beancurd at the interview if I get an offer.

Enjoy your weekend everyone! Congrats to those who finished their interview this past week and last week! Also thank you for sharing your experiences at the interview! Kuddos to you all!

Have a wonderful rainy sunday everyone.

1719 - waiting does take some energy and patience out of all of us.

But hey, enjoy the free left that you have left because when that day comes - the MSMS and then DO will be life.

Last edited:
...yeah ok..

1719 is right - waiting is bit nerve racking

Lol! You guys must be nervous, do you find out this week? If so good luck! :)

Happy Monday everybody! Thursday will make it officially two weeks. This wait is killing me, but I'm glad we are all waiting together!

Technically, the phone call can be anytime before Thursday, too (for the first set of interviewers). Is April 14 the next interview date? I heard there are four in all.

Yes, it can indeed be before thursday. I have been glued to my phone since yesterday lol.

If anyone on this forum has facebook, a few of us have created a group called "Western University MSMS class of 2012." We can keep each other updated on calls that way too.

Sounds good, Med2OP... I'll get on FB with the rest of us.

Yes, it can indeed be before thursday. I have been glued to my phone since yesterday lol.

If anyone on this forum has facebook, a few of us have created a group called "Western University MSMS class of 2012." We can keep each other updated on calls that way too.

Hi Med2OP,

I can not find the group on facebook.

Kindly advise.

Thanks.

i just got the acceptance letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyy!!!!

i just got the acceptance letter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yayyyyy!!!!

CONGRATS!!!!! Sorry, but I am getting nervous as well and I was just wondering if you mind giving us your stats?

THANKS and CELEBRATE!

Congrats Med2OP! Did they mention anything about getting linkage on your letter?

Accepted! It's official! We're moving to Claremont!

Congrats you guys.... Im soooooo nervous mail hasnt come yet! And i live out of state so i probably will get a letter acceptance or non accept later than everyone the waiting game continues!

So excited for mick and med2op that is awesome .... I hope to be studying with you guys soon!

PS people who have been accepted did your online status change yet? And did you just receive it today? Was it a phone call or just a letter?

Thanks

PS people who have been accepted did your online status change yet? And did you just receive it today? Was it a phone call or just a letter?

Thanks

Hi 17 -
I received an email from Daniell at 9:42 this morning with two attachments. The first letter is the acceptance letter, requesting a deposit of $250, a complete physical, serum titers, and proof of various vaccinations. There is no speak of linkage. I'm imagining that this letter is not detailed - merely covering the basic next steps. The second letter is a form of acceptance, which must be filled out and mailed to WesternU. I haven't received a phone call, and I haven't checked my mail, yet. As far as my online application, it still says "Complete ready to process."

Hope to hear the good news from you soon,
Mick

Med2OP, I'm happy for us and everyone else accepted. The next five years are going to be exciting. I can't wait to study alongside each and everyone one of the MSMS 2012 class.

Yay Mick you got accepted tooo!!!!! So happy for you! Can't wait to study alongside you and everybody else!

my letter was just as mick described. I called Jacob at Western and he said that the linkage notice would come much later. =/ But lets hope that what Jodi said about everyone being linked this year is true =)

Hey guys see u in the summer. I got my letter by email this morning ALSO.

Congrats everyone ! I'm so happy for all of you!

Were everyone who got accepted all from the first interview ?

Congrats, guys! I guess its too late to apply.....I sent in my app for the DO school and would have made the linkage. Oh well! Best wishes to you guys!