Western/COMP Class of 2005 - part 02

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the damn hills are burning.

Members don't see this ad.

I am assuming you are not refering to "The Sound of Music"?

--but then again...that is "The hills are alive"

the hills suddenly seem to be "alive" indeed; probably due to fallout from some meth labs or maryJ crops going up in flames. ahhh pomona...

Members don't see this ad :)
Was wondering what that mushroom cloud in the foothills was all about. Felt like the sun burned yesterday.. must be a hole in the ozone layer.

All this ash in my lungs is making it hard to breath. I feel that my Oxygen saturation levels are markedly declining. Am I at risk for any cardiovascular malady???:rolleyes:

the real question is...

What is the effect of the CO, given off by the burning forrest trees, on the local tofu wrap eating locals..specifically on their MAP as it is related to muscle depleation, the active nz and the pulse pressure's influence on the endotoxin of a gram negative rod, compared to the lifecycle of a VIRUS in a right handed ambidexterous cross gendered albino hypercholesterolimic rhesus monkey, as he moves from a recumbant to standing postion..and what kind of counter strain would you use to treat his ESrRl dx?

Thank God for multiple choice...and RANDOM EXAM questions!!

:clap: :mad: :clap: :mad: :laugh: :eek: :clap:

Thanks Josh!

I feel much....um....better. Really....thanks. Kinda.

Actually I was expecting more of a Financial Aid type of response, being that Josh is the Moderator....but then that would probably requiring a post in that said forum.

Way not to bring your work home with you Josh.

Its all about BOUNDRIES...and separation...

I would also be more than happy to oblige Financial Aid issues too..I am a proud wearer of many many hats.....

I know sammy,
I feel kinda let down too....way to go Josh Mr. Co-Moderator! Obviously someone isn't taking their job seriously...+pissed+

I am a proud wearer of many many hats.....

Interesting you should say that....being that the hat you do wear the most often is one you procured from some innocent bystander...........

:p

Dear Samantha,

Be weary of multiple-hat-wearing "yayhoos"....be weary!

Yayhoos....never have hear that one...but I am almost tempted to take it as my own.....
How was your counterstrain yest? I saw the "Dumb Doggie" come out..and knew to run prior to the Pelvic Diaphram rearing its ugly head....

Nothing good cam come of that.....

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for asking abacus...er, Josh,

Counterstrain went well...my sciatica is once again quiet...remember i didn't want that exact point treated, i really wanted the somatic disfunction associated with that point to be treated.
And no, we skipped the pelvic diaphram technique...i'll let you when it happens

Please do keep me posted...you know how I wait for these scientific breakthroughs....

I am off to outline Psych...by handwritten of course...

wish me luck...

and about the abacus...apparently it was invented by the Arabs....who knew? Here I was crediting the Chinese all this time...thank God I had James to straighten me out...

Off to DSM IV.....

Hey everyone,

Hope things are going well for you guys. I've been reading these boards off and on during rotations and it's great to see that it's still up here. Lanny, WHERE do you have the time to post so much? Guess classes are pretty cake for you, eh? j/k

Well, I'm having a blast down here in San Diego and learning a great deal. It' soooooo much better than those first 2 hellish years. I would NEVER go back to that!

I'll actually be coming up on the 18th to be a part of the rotations panel for you all to listen to. It will be nice to see some of you again.

The thing I miss most was the camaraderie I enjoyed with my class. Enjoy it now with yours because before you know it, you'll be an MS-III.

Shout out to Eric714..hope things are great out in Tempe. I'm thinking about a fellowship in Sports Med myself.

-Arnold

Hey Arnold.. good to hear from you again. Sorry I never got to call you back regarding my question about board books. Guess I was just wondering if it'd be better to just go ahead and grab the Kaplan USMLE ones rather than the COMLEX ones if I had to pick between one or the other and I planned on taking both.

How do I have time to post? Doesn't take me very long to post my nonsense.. and see how Yosh has a ton more posts than I do still...

It'll be good to see you guys back here for the rotations panel. Is Eric gonna be back from Tempe by then? I've been talking to Eric Watson since he seems to be going along the way of sports med/PM&R at the moment.. sounds like fun to me so far!

Hey Lanny,

who's Eric Watson? is he a fellow? Memory aint so good anymore, ha!

Arnold

Eric's the tall, Caucasian guy.. not too skinny or fat either. He's a fourth year fellow right now.. graduated from UCR. I forget what else I can use to describe him... he has a good sense of humor?? Haha.

He sat next to me on the flight to Vegas....if that helps anyone....

it's amazing how much you remember who sat next to you Josh, considering how much you "flew" in vegas...

ARE we EVEN gonna start this??? As I recall...along with my own PILOT's wings...there were people soaring above me....tripping, falling and MISSING people(literally)....

So....before we start "fanning" flames....lets take a moment and see how close we are to the fire....lest we all get ourselves burned....

Just a word to the wise.....

If you are cool with that....then I am more than happy to address the stories of "illict" tram pole dancing....and strange hypoglycemic magherita drinking Fresnonians that were found along the way.....

:hardy: :hardy: :hardy: :laugh: :cool: ;) ;)

Actually Josh it was a pina colada....I should know as for some reason I was feeling generous enough to plunk down my $0.99 to buy some random stranger off the strip a drink.

But I can attest to the tram pole dancing....that Josh has some wicked skills. :eek:

I wish i coulda mentally been there to remember that... :)

After small groups...I have to say I am leaning towards DEMENTIA??

I would now like to welcome back the roomate double team...

Soon enough....it will be back on!!!

Sammy K can always use a little rousing.....she is always up for a good rumble...

And GDub....can always use a good beating...

GDub--with my superb drinking memory, if you have questions regarding anything...I could probably fill you in. Or at least make up a really good story that you would have to spend some time wondering if it was true or not...so see really....fun for all.

As to the roommate double team and trying to rouse me up....good luck with that. I think I have demonstrated in the last 68 pages + (if you include the portions before VDub got Lee to start this forum cause his inbox was getting filled with replies) that I can certainly hold my own in the attempts by that shameless NY fellow to start something. I have no doubt that I can continue to do so and welcome the challenge. And if you tell me ahead of time when you'll be viewing the thread, I'll even microwave some kettle corn for any of you to help you enjoy the show. Midwestern hospitality. How's that for ya?
:p

Now do i really DESERVE any more beatings??

Deserve......I'm not in the business of quantifying what beatings people deserve, in your case....you are most likely safe for the present. I was just making a general statement, just responding to the statement that I can usually be roused by our esteemed colleague and Financial Aid moderator Josh. I often find that where he is involved the best defense is a quick and steady offense.:D

hi folks,
Well things are going well here in Tempe. The weather is finally in the 80's. I've been living in 100 degree heat in the past 4 months. But it's a different 100 here, dry heat... it's like the feeling when you open up the oven and you get that hot air blowing at you. It took me about a month to adjust, which is too long if you ask me. I do miss the CA weather, and I look forward to coming back in early Dec.

I'd like to do one of those rotations panels, would be kinda cool to tell you my AZ experiences. Nice to hear from Lanny, Sam, and Arnold.... good to see that things are going well in San Diego! If you're interested in sports med, I know Dr. Rice has a sports med group down there and I'm sure he takes students. (You know me... always plugging sports med!)

I want to hear how the soccer team is doing, have you won more than 1-2 games??

Eric

Hi everyone,

I'm the little one from downstairs. Just want to say "thanks" to everyone upstairs for being supportive to us. We really feel loved :)

Eric, I'm from Phoenix, AZ. So I know how you feel... except that I'm getting used to the CA weather now so I don't know how I'll survive if I come back home in the summer. Do you have time to go out much during rotations? If you like hiking, you should check out Camelback Mtn. in Phx, and there are great biking trails on South Mtn along w/ other ones.

Well, back to anatomy.... G'nite all...

-Chau

Hey Eric714,
Arnold and a few of your classmates paid us a visit this afternoon for some rotations updates w/ Dr. Berezniak. I think it was good to hear the 3rd years come back and give us an update about how their rotations are going, especially from SD. (I know that there is a Western rotations feedback website.. just haven't checked it out yet).

Have you set it up with Dr. B about talking to us already? Might be good to get an update on what dates he has his rotations information sessions with us.

Soccer? It's going well... one team won by forfeit earlier (the other team brought some extra ringers) and tonight was the game between the two Western U. teams. Unfortunately, I haven't gotten any decent sleep this entire week and I ended up oversleeping the game. It was actually kind of frustrating... I was really looking forward to that game. At any rate, OMM practical is on Monday and there are plenty of other things to catch up with aside from Cardio.

Keep in touch man!

TTT.. hope you enjoyed your last free weekend for a long time to come.

We're back.. having survived another semester. Only one more before we're released to roam the wards!!

Melancholy,

Glad to see you're still keeping our 2nd original post alive. Let's hope all of us survived another semester. From past history, respiratory seems to snag a few here and there...what about those Goya questions?! Well, guess we'll see how our class prepares for the boards since it's about that time we should at least be looking at things...I know i have. Maybe it's good we got a good scare of last year's scores. It should hopefully motivate us to study hard...cause we all know how much our school prepares us for them.:)

Hey man,
Yeah, I can't say Goya was easy at all, although those sort of questions are more Board-style than some people realize. Well, I'll be happy if I can get past Respiratory.. the length of the second exam is just crazy compared to the first one. At least we're getting more time to study for boards now (don't forget to do a little now during the break). I found the respiratory materials were pretty close to what I found in the board review books so this wasn't a bad system at all... just not enough time to absorb it all properly. I'm going to flip through some pharm flashcards during break as well as do a few questions. Questions seem to motivate me to go look up stuff I have learned in the past, especially when I feel like I had a shot at knowing the answer to a question.

What are you doing for break anyway? I'm up in bay area for a week and coming back a few days before the new year.. then I'm just hanging out here till school starts up. Anyway, catch ya later..

I finally made it home...Had a "good" last Friday in LA...out at Manhattan Beach with some fellwo classmates who have undoubtly learned to fear "Irish Carbombs" which I was introdfuced to by some 1st years a few months ago...Thanks Ladies!!!!
I am enjoying Christmas in NYC.....ahhh...Can't wait for New Years..and am a little terrifeied about Resp...do I really want to see that grade???

Uggghhh..nothing to do but hang out and drink...as in NY...last call is equivical to a "nice mugger" people will look at you strange and tell you there is NO SUCH THING!!!

Ahhh...its nice to be home....

Irish Carbombs....no, no more irish carbombs....can't drink another...i think i'm gonna...oy....[end of transmission]

It is confirmed....Yes...FEAR is the ULTIMATE weapon!! Ahhh..GDUB....when will you learn...those that ring the bell...BRING ON THE THUNDER!!

We had a snow storm all day today.....It is soo nice to have snow...and not have to shovel, drive or work in it....

To tell you the truth, I'd rather not have much precipitation if I can help it.. unless it is falling while I'm at the slopes. Driving in this stuff kinda bites... my risk for an accident increases at least twofold by being in California! :p

Anyone get stuck behind that fallen tree on Towne Rd. this morning? This wind is amazing.. warm and exciting!

wind.......amazing...warm and exciting?

Hmmm...are we talking about Mother Nature's wind?

I not so hip to this West Coast lingo......

Oh those crazy kids...calling it wind now and all...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

Wow, we are now relegated to talking about wind. This thread is doing well.

Hello All!

I need help in finding a webpage or student website that list the academic calendar for class 2006 or 2007. I need to let my family know when I will have a break and when not, etc.....I don't seem to be able to find it on the COMP website, at least, not details. Also want to know the exact class schedule or the kind and no. of classes per term, etc. When I was interviewing, I was given a one page class schedule for the month, I wonder if those are online?

Do current DO student go to a different website other than the main COMP school website?

Thank you very much.

Hi there,
Currently, we are able to download our schedules via a school site called Blackboard, but it requires having a student username and password so normally the public can't access our schedules. For the time being, you can try checking out http://www.do2005.net under the "events" link on the sidebar. It has a rough holiday schedule if you sift through some of the older dates. Since I am an MS-II, it currently follows the MS-II schedule, but school holidays are usually the same (since the school will be closed for some of these times). Keep in mind that schedules do vary a little bit based on curriculum changes and things like that from year to year.

I believe we can e-mail you a first year first semester schedule which is about 500kb in file size... the first year second semester schedules are anywhere from 100-300 kb and are divided up into various systems schedules. Offhand, I can say that first semester you'll probably have around two single day holidays on Mondays (but you might have an exam on the Tuesdays following a holiday which is usually normal), Thanksgiving (after which you will have an exam), and Winter break. The schedule lightens up slightly the second semester. There are probably two single-day holidays as well and there is Spring Break for a week too. After that, your summer between first and second year is wide open (the last "true" free summer).

Anyway, let me know what you'd like and I'll try to help out. The 2007 MS-I schedule is probably pretty rough at the moment and would take some cajoling to get a draft copy of it, so I'd just base holidays on older schedules. That being said, depending on how far home is, you might be able to go home for a short weekend or two during the semester depending on how busy and how caught up you are. Hope this helps!

Thank you very much for your help. Since you told me about the do2005.net site, I was able to get into do2006 site for MS-1 schedule. I was able to browse, as a guest, the schedule. They have the month by month schedule. That is exactly what I want.

Thank you.

Whew.. done with Endocrine system. In retrospect, I felt it was one of the better handled systems... from subject material that made sense to the speed with which our exams were handed back, etc. Here comes repro. though.. oh what fun!

Anyway, to get people to browse SDN once in awhile.. here's a funny thread:

http://www.studentdoctor.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56421

Status
Not open for further replies.