WesternU COMP (Pomona) Housing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted993692

I'm looking for housing around WesternU COMP in Pomona. Interested in the Daumier. How's the internet? I'm assuming we'd need a strong internet connection for lectures and so forth. Is it quiet? How's the size & overall quality of appliances? Any other noteworthy features? Having a nice, quiet place to come back to and be able to study in as well as a strong internet connection are really important to me. I'll probably get a lot of my studying done in my apartment as opposed to coffee shops/libraries.

Also been looking at Helix, 777, Monterey Station, etc. Anyone know anything about how strong the internet connections here are?

Members don't see this ad.

lol, The Daum is insanely overpriced. Crappy construction meaning I could ALWAYS hear the people above me, it sounded like rhinos lived above me.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
lol, The Daum is insanely overpriced. Crappy construction meaning I could ALWAYS hear the people above me, it sounded like rhinos lived above me.
How's the internet in Daumier? Is it good enough for watching lectures from the apartment? I like studying in my own place, not having to go out to the library for a solid internet connection

Members don't see this ad :)
Don’t live at the Daum it’s so overpriced and the surrounding area isn’t one you wanna be walking around at night. Get a place in Claremont with some other students. You will thank yourself later.

Don’t live at the Daum it’s so overpriced and the surrounding area isn’t one you wanna be walking around at night. Get a place in Claremont with some other students. You will thank yourself later.
Yeah, I've heard that, but the convenience of just being able to walk out and be on campus is great. It's nice to have a place I can crash and nap at in between school stuff.

Anyone know anything about the internet situation in Daumier, 777, Helix, Monterey Station (but especially Daumier)? A lot of reviews have said it's super slow and unstable. This is concerning since we'll always need good internet.

Yeah, I've heard that, but the convenience of just being able to walk out and be on campus is great. It's nice to have a place I can crash and nap at in between school stuff.

Anyone know anything about the internet situation in Daumier, 777, Helix, Monterey Station (but especially Daumier)? A lot of reviews have said it's super slow and unstable. This is concerning since we'll always need good internet.
The internet at the daum is fine but it would suit you to heed warnings of people who have lived there.

The internet at the daum is fine but it would suit you to heed warnings of people who have lived there.
Was the noise level tolerable? You mentioned it was loud from thin walls, was it to the point that you couldn't study/sleep?

Would you recommend 777, Helix, Monterey Station?

Was the noise level tolerable? You mentioned it was loud from thin walls, was it to the point that you couldn't study/sleep?

Would you recommend 777, Helix, Monterey Station?
I could barely sleep, I had a summer sublet and was happy to leave. Unsure about the other options you listed, honestly housing isn't an issue. I rented a room 6 minutes from campus.

I could barely sleep, I had a summer sublet and was happy to leave. Unsure about the other options you listed, honestly housing isn't an issue. I rented a room 6 minutes from campus.
You could barely sleep because the walls were so thin you could hear the neighbors at night?

You lived in the Daumier too and couldn't fall asleep either due to noisy neighbors upstairs/downstairs? What was your experience like?
I lived in first floor. Slept like a baby. The place is not worth the money. I was part of the first generation, so at the time our problem was termites, broken wifi, no cable and someone leaving a severed cow's head in the elevator. Good times

I lived in first floor. Slept like a baby. The place is not worth the money. I was part of the first generation, so at the time our problem was termites, broken wifi, no cable and someone leaving a severed cow's head in the elevator. Good times
Sounds like it. Nice to come back for a nap/lunch between classes though. How good is the Daumier internet? Is it enough to watch lectures consistently from apartment? Lots of reviews said it sucked and couldn't watch lectures from apartment.

Sounds like it. Nice to come back for a nap/lunch between classes though. How good is the Daumier internet? Is it enough to watch lectures consistently from apartment? Lots of reviews said it sucked and couldn't watch lectures from apartment.
I haven't lived there in 5 years. I'm probably not the person to ask

I'll ask around. When you lived there, was the internet good enough to stream your lectures from class though? Or were there issues?
good f***ing god son this is 2021, streaming lectures won't be an issue. Why are you so hung up on this?

Reactions: 2 users