Western c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rodeomarie

UW c/o 2021
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Welcome!
How is everyone doing?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I'm applying right now and super confused, do we submit the secondary application checklist? and how? this is so confusing?!

Members don't see this ad :)
No the checklist is for your personal use.
I emailed them asking how to submit the agreement page and they said per checklist.

All the checklist says is:
E. AGREEMENT PAGE  Do not submit a hard copy of this page.

There is an agreement page at the end from what I remember last year. When you pay and everything.
The way it is written, it sounded like there was another page you were supposed to submit, but they finally emailed back and said I had everything submitted. Still no clue about the agreement page but whatever! It is done! lol FINALLY

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone have an idea of when we should be hearing from them?! I've been trying to call and email, but no luck :(

Does anyone have an idea of when we should be hearing from them?! I've been trying to call and email, but no luck :(
According to the c/o 2020 thread, the first batch of interviews went out in early October.

Seriously, though. It is still super early in the cycle. Relax. Don't go panicking quite yet. ;)

According to the c/o 2020 thread, the first batch of interviews went out in early October.

Seriously, though. It is still super early in the cycle. Relax. Don't go panicking quite yet. ;)
No panicking just asking!

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview invite was three days before the interview date, and it was the last day! So don't panic if you are not receive an invite in the first "wave" of emails.

My interview invite was three days before the interview date, and it was the last day! So don't panic if you are not receive an invite in the first "wave" of emails.
I see you go to Western! Did you get accepted to both LMU & Western? Any pros and cons on your experiences with both that you care to share!?

Yeah, I think mine was about five days before the interview. It was a foreshadowing of things to come lol.

I see you go to Western! Did you get accepted to both LMU & Western? Any pros and cons on your experiences with both that you care to share!?
I didn't apply to LMU so I can't say anything about them. I'm not even finished with my first semester of vet school yet, but so far, I am really enjoying my time here at Western! Hopefully it doesn't change after my exams this week though! :p:confused:

I didn't apply to LMU so I can't say anything about them. I'm not even finished with my first semester of vet school yet, but so far, I am really enjoying my time here at Western! Hopefully it doesn't change after my exams this week though! :p:confused:
Don't worry, it doesn't change too much until third year ;)

Hi everybody! I just woke up to an email from Western with an interview invitation. It says to visit the Interview Application link, but I can't seem to find that. There isn't a link to click on in the email. And I don't see a link on the supplemental application or just on the website. I feel like I'm missing something? I'm going to send an email regarding this question, but I was wondering if anybody had a useful hint regarding the interview scheduling?

Hi everybody! I just woke up to an email from Western with an interview invitation. It says to visit the Interview Application link, but I can't seem to find that. There isn't a link to click on in the email. And I don't see a link on the supplemental application or just on the website. I feel like I'm missing something? I'm going to send an email regarding this question, but I was wondering if anybody had a useful hint regarding the interview scheduling?
I also woke up to an invite! The Interview Application link is a hyperlink in the email, but it didn't work for me. Probably a problem with the URL they typed in.

I also woke up to an invite! The Interview Application link is a hyperlink in the email, but it didn't work for me. Probably a problem with the URL they typed in.
Congrats! Do you both mind sharing your stats?! *curious george over here* :)

My email didn't have a link for the interview scheduling. The only link in my email was the one with information for proper forms of ID on your interview day. I emailed so hopefully they can reply with a proper link.

Congrats! Do you both mind sharing your stats?! *curious george over here* :)
GPA- 3.99
GRE- 157 V, 161 Q, 4 W
1200 hours vet experience (dog/cat, horses, sheep, cows, pigs, exotics)
600 hours animal experience (mouse colony manager, aquarium internship, horse management class, campus farm volunteer, livestock show, animal research facility volunteer)
120 hours research experience

I also got an interview invite!!! I'm so excited! Hopefully they send out another email quickly with the link to schedule it! :)

Yep, I woke up to an interview invite as well! But I also don't have a link that works for scheduling. I e-mailed Karen too, so hopefully she sends that out later today. Congrats everyone!

I just received another email with a working link so that seems to be all fixed!

My first choice for interview is october 29th! Hopefully I see some of you there! I wonder how long it takes for them to let us know if we got our first choice or second choice date?!

Congrats to everyone who got an interview! Does everyone mind sharing their stats?

My first choice for interview is october 29th! Hopefully I see some of you there! I wonder how long it takes for them to let us know if we got our first choice or second choice date?!
It said 2 business days! I chose the 29th as my first choice too. Maybe I'll see you there! :cat:

Does anyone know if they send out all invites at the same time or are they sent out in intervals? I know it's too early to be nervous, but I know many have gotten invites already and just curious! :3

Does anyone know if they send out all invites at the same time or are they sent out in intervals? I know it's too early to be nervous, but I know many have gotten invites already and just curious! :3
They do it in intervals! I do not know how they decide the intervals though...which is nerve racking for sure. I am feeling the nerves as well.

They do it in intervals! I do not know how they decide the intervals though...which is nerve racking for sure. I am feeling the nerves as well.

Good to know I'm not alone! I just got the email stating that my application has been sent to the CVM for review 3 days ago, so I wasn't expecting to know about a potential interview so soon either way.

Do you mind if I ask when you submitted your application?

Do you mind if I ask when you submitted your application?
I submitted September 10
Got an email saying my VMCAS was received September 12
Got an email saying it was ready for review September 23
Got an email interview invitation October 3

I was invited for an interview as well!!!! Going to be there on Monday October 31st for the morning session.......and I am insanely nervous!!!! AHHH!!! Good luck to everyone as well!!!!

Lol so many exclamation marks haha:laugh:

For those of you interviewing, are you guys practicing in any way for the MMI format?!

Also, if you're a girl and planning on wearing heals to the interview, are you bringing a pair of comfortable shoes for the campus tour after the interview? I wish I did that for the Midwestern interview because the campus tour was pretty extensive, but I'm not sure if it looks too unprofessional to wear anything other than heals!

Congrats to everyone who has received an interview invite! :)
Hopefully, they'll send out another wave of invites before too long. ...I feel like I'm on pins and needles!

For those of you interviewing, are you guys practicing in any way for the MMI format?!

Also, if you're a girl and planning on wearing heals to the interview, are you bringing a pair of comfortable shoes for the campus tour after the interview? I wish I did that for the Midwestern interview because the campus tour was pretty extensive, but I'm not sure if it looks too unprofessional to wear anything other than heals!
Many people wore flats when I interviewed at Western last year. I wore low heels that were quite comfortable. But yeah, you can bring a pair of shoes to change into.

Our campus is tiny. You'd be fine in heels.

Yes last year it was MMI. You were in a room with 2 interviewers, then you switched to another room with another 2 interviewers. And that was it. The time goes fast! And everyone was very nice! I know it's easier said than done, but I wish I hadn't stressed about the western interview as much as I did. Good luck to everyone!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

There really isn't a way to practice the MMI at Western. They are a bit different that the MMI at Davis, where they read you a scenario at some stations. I thought the MMI was "easy" when compared to other MMI at other schools. Everyone is really nice and they want you to do well. They know you are nervous too, so don't be afraid to ask if you can think about the question for a few seconds before answering. That's what I did, and no one had a problem with it!

Also, I wore flats. As long as you are comfortable wearing heals, then it shouldn't be a problem. I know there were girls that brought shoes to change into, but I didn't want to bring a ton of extra stuff with me.

There really isn't a way to practice the MMI at Western. They are a bit different that the MMI at Davis, where they read you a scenario at some stations. I thought the MMI was "easy" when compared to other MMI at other schools. Everyone is really nice and they want you to do well. They know you are nervous too, so don't be afraid to ask if you can think about the question for a few seconds before answering. That's what I did, and no one had a problem with it!

Also, I wore flats. As long as you are comfortable wearing heals, then it shouldn't be a problem. I know there were girls that brought shoes to change into, but I didn't want to bring a ton of extra stuff with me.
Are there more personality questions (for ex. Name a time where you were innovative) than situational (for ex. A client brings in a healthy pet to be euthanized. What do you do?)? Or vice versa?? I'm trying to prepare some answers to sample questions just to get my brain warmed up :D

Are there more personality questions (for ex. Name a time where you were innovative) than situational (for ex. A client brings in a healthy pet to be euthanized. What do you do?)? Or vice versa?? I'm trying to prepare some answers to sample questions just to get my brain warmed up :D

I'd say it was a mixture of both from what I remember.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Bump for the hopefuls waiting on interview invites -- I just now got an email for an interview so I'm sure more are on the way!