Western c/o 2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Eek just had a mini heart attack! I just got an email saying that they never received my acceptance of alternate status form even though I submitted it the day the emails came out in December! :eek: I just re-submitted it now...

Members don't see this ad.

Eek just had a mini heart attack! I just got an email saying that they never received my acceptance of alternate status form even though I submitted it the day the emails came out in December! :eek: I just re-submitted it now...

Did they email you? Now I am nervous... I submitted it the day the original emails came out.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Did they email you? Now I am nervous... I submitted it the day the original emails came out.

Yes that's when I submitted mine too! Karen emailed me like an hour ago saying "our records indicate that we are still waiting to hear from you...". I re-submitted it and emailed her back to make sure it was received this time, but I haven't heard anything yet. Yup, I'm nervous now too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes that's when I submitted mine too! Karen emailed me like an hour ago saying "our records indicate that we are still waiting to hear from you...". I re-submitted it and emailed her back to make sure it was received this time, but I haven't heard anything yet. Yup, I'm nervous now too!

I'm glad they emailed you though!

Reactions: 1 user
I'm glad they emailed you though!

Oh I know me too!! I can't even imagine if I had been taken off the list because I was unaware this form wasn't received :cryi: I just hope it worked this time....

So I declined my seat last week. They sent me an offer of admission again today, saying I had until May 3rd. Weird?

So I declined my seat last week. They sent me an offer of admission again today, saying I had until May 3rd. Weird?
Wait same, I was going to email them. I committed elsewhere, but I was on the phone with my brother telling him how badly I think I actually want to go to Western... then got off the phone to see that? Must be a sign hahah someone help me figure my life out and decide

Wait same, I was going to email them. I committed elsewhere, but I was on the phone with my brother telling him how badly I think I actually want to go to Western... then got off the phone to see that? Must be a sign hahah someone help me figure my life out and decide

I got the same email then immediately an email after telling me to disregard that email?

Got taken off the wait-list/received my acceptance e-mail just yesterday!! I was LITERALLY all set to go to Michigan State and now I'm feeling torn because Western U is basically 20 min away from me... while MSU is states away. Someone pls halp.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got taken off the wait-list/received my acceptance e-mail just yesterday!! I was LITERALLY all set to go to Michigan State and now I'm feeling torn because Western U is basically 20 min away from me... while MSU is states away. Someone pls halp.
Ahh already going through the waitlist!!! Congrats!

Ahh already going through the waitlist!!! Congrats!
Thank you!! I really did not expect to hear back so soon. Nor did I expect to be given such a long time to decide (2 weeks, by May 3rd). I'm hoping you hear back from Western U soon!

I got called off the waitlist on Tuesday and I cried for like 2 hours. Lol. (Embarrassing). Now I just have to pass my classes... talk about stress for finals lol. I hope more people hear. This is not a fun process, but I'm glad I was Able to have this site/support. Now back to studying.

Reactions: 1 users
Thank you!! I really did not expect to hear back so soon. Nor did I expect to be given such a long time to decide (2 weeks, by May 3rd). I'm hoping you hear back from Western U soon!
Congrats! I too got off the waitlist this week on Tuesday. I totally get you about not expecting to hear back soon. I was thinking it would take them an additional 1-2 weeks. :)

oof sounds like that is gonna be hard decision. I would probably start with a very big pros/cons list. I pretty much ngo to school less than 15 min. away from Western, so that's a huge plus. Definitely compare the programs themselves to see which one better caters to what you want to do
Good luck!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats to everyone who got accepted off the waitlist!!! I hope they send out another wave of letters... I haven't heard anything yet... anxiously waiting over here... :nailbiting:

Declined my offer from the waitlist (OOS). Good luck everyone!

Congrats! I too got off the waitlist this week on Tuesday. I totally get you about not expecting to hear back soon. I was thinking it would take them an additional 1-2 weeks. :)

oof sounds like that is gonna be hard decision. I would probably start with a very big pros/cons list. I pretty much ngo to school less than 15 min. away from Western, so that's a huge plus. Definitely compare the programs themselves to see which one better caters to what you want to do
Good luck!
I was thinking some time in July lol! But I definitely made that pros/cons list, and will be declining my seat. :) Congrats to you and everyone who've been pulled off the wait-list. Good luck to everyone who's waiting as well! ;)

I got called off the waitlist on Tuesday and I cried for like 2 hours. Lol. (Embarrassing). Now I just have to pass my classes... talk about stress for finals lol. I hope more people hear. This is not a fun process, but I'm glad I was Able to have this site/support. Now back to studying.

Totally feel you on this. When I received my first acceptance, I cried for a good hour/was smiling like an idiot the whole day. Best of luck to you on your finals!!

It won't let me join! It says there's and error joining the community.

I believe you can join the page when you've officially accepted.. I remember being asked to enter my WesternU email in order to join our class page. Just a quick note for those already on that page: Administrators and professors can see all posts on that page and anyone with a WesternU email can join.

I'm sure you'll be told by more than one person, but each class generally creates its own separate private Facebook group and it's up to you as a class who manages it and what information you'd like to share on it .. whether it's funny memes, off-campus get-togethers or general note sharing. Hope this helps!

Accepted into WesternU at around 7:04pm eastern time via email. Will be declining the offer since I'm attending my IS. Good luck to all waitlisters waiting on Western!

my birthday is coming up and there's part of me hoping they're waiting until then to let me know i'm accepted and i know it's silly but that's all i want this year. i feel like i'm just setting myself up for disappointment :/

Has anyone heard anything recently?? I was hoping they would be sending their next round of acceptances today... I still haven't heard anything from them yet

I just received an acceptance email today, and I will be accepting!!!! I am in shock and utter amazement! :soexcited:
A response is needed by June 5th. I did not think I would get off the alternate list, so don't lose hope if you are still waiting!!!

I just received an acceptance email today, and I will be accepting!!!! I am in shock and utter amazement! :soexcited:
A response is needed by June 5th. I did not think I would get off the alternate list, so don't lose hope if you are still waiting!!!
Congrats!!!! :) It's good to hear that people are still getting acceptances... fingers crossed :xf:

So I got an acceptance email last night but i won't be accepting so hopefully theres still a chance for some of you guys still waiting! I'm not exactly sure how to deny the offer though, it only said I have until July 3rd to accept.