West Virginia (WVSOM) Discussion Thread 2013 - 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Can anyone help me find the application "checklist" on the supplemental website?

After logging in using the username and password they provided, there's a link that says "View Checklist" under the Applicants section. Once you click on that, you have to click on the link that says "2014-2015 Academic Year" under the Admission Term section. Hope that helps! :)

Members don't see this ad.

In the Checklist, does anyone have a date by their disciplinary form? I submitted it along with the supplemental application, but I only have a submission date by the supplemental application...not the disciplinary form. :confused:

After logging in using the username and password they provided, there's a link that says "View Checklist" under the Applicants section. Once you click on that, you have to click on the link that says "2014-2015 Academic Year" under the Admission Term section. Hope that helps! :)

Wow lol. Can't believe I missed that. I didn't realize there was a menu button on the top right corner of the page. Thanks!

In the Checklist, does anyone have a date by their disciplinary form? I submitted it along with the supplemental application, but I only have a submission date by the supplemental application...not the disciplinary form. :confused:

That's odd. I submitted my disciplinary form yesterday and supplemental today, and I have dates for both. Does it stop you from accessing the disciplinary form now?

Members don't see this ad :)
That's odd. I submitted my disciplinary form yesterday and supplemental today, and I have dates for both. Does it stop you from accessing the disciplinary form now?

Yeah, I can't access the form anymore...It says I've already submitted it. Is anyone else missing the submission date for their disciplinary form? :confused: How about those of you who just got IIs today?

Woot Woot! Got an interview for Sept 13! aww yeah

For those that received interview invites, when did you send your secondary?

I sent my secondary in the same day I received it, August 9th

No, I do not have a received date in my check status page. According to Ms. Moore, they are having IT difficulties and it doesn't always appear. I would send an email to Ms. Moore and ask her if they have or not.

No, I do not have a received date in my check status page. According to Ms. Moore, they are having IT difficulties and it doesn't always appear. I would send an email to Ms. Moore and ask her if they have or not.

Thanks! Will do. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you find that out? It says that the interview time will be given once we get there at 8am

What do they mean by application preference on the checklist?

I am not sure if the jpeg of the photo uploaded to the application. I searched files on my computer and selected it and the file extension showed up in the bar but there was no way to see the photo in the app or a hyperlink to the photo. Was this what happened for you?

I am not sure if the jpeg of the photo uploaded to the application. I searched files on my computer and selected it and the file extension showed up in the bar but there was no way to see the photo in the app or a hyperlink to the photo. Was this what happened for you?

When you click the button to submit it'll show up at the top of the application.

How did you find that out? It says that the interview time will be given once we get there at 8am

I assumed by the fact it said my day will start at 10am that I had a morning interview. I'm guessing now that I have an afternoon since yours starts at 8.

If you click on the link for the FAQ page on the portal it will tell you how the interview is structured.
I m also in the morning session

Actually I think they make a decision on interviews once a week, like Wednesdays, so people who submitted at least a few days before this past Wednesday got reviewed. I guess it will have to wait until next week.

My FIRST interview invite :love:

Wednesday, SEPTEMBER 18, 2013. They said my day will be 10-am-4:30pm

Submitted my supplemental app 8/11/13

Who has an ii for the same day:)?

Congrats. I guess there still is movement. At least they are working on people before me so I shouldn't think the worst....yet.

Me. Same time/ day

alright starting to worry now...batphysician when did you submit your secondary?

Do you think if you have been passed over for an interview that they would tell you or just remain silent?

alright starting to worry now...batphysician when did you submit your secondary?

Do you think if you have been passed over for an interview that they would tell you or just remain silent?

I got my secondary on aug 8. If you think you've been passed over give then a call they're very friendly and it can't hurt

I applied very early in the process, and due to technical issues, my app was reviewed before my MCAT scores were received. They deferred me for not having scores but when I called admissions she said that everything was straightened out and that they'd be reviewing my file again soon.

I applied very early in the process, and due to technical issues, my app was reviewed before my MCAT scores were received. They deferred me for not having scores but when I called admissions she said that everything was straightened out and that they'd be reviewing my file again soon.

Ok. Ok. If I don't something by next week, then I will worry.

Interview 9/16. Green Lantern, you're from ohio, right? I think we took our mcat on the same day if I recall correctly. Would anyone with an interview on 9/16 be interested in driving with me, and splitting gas? From Cleveland.

When did you submit your secondary?

...Just kidding, I thought I was the 18th I am actually interviewing on the 16th. See you there Green Lantern and CLE

Interview 9/16. Green Lantern, you're from ohio, right? I think we took our mcat on the same day if I recall correctly. Would anyone with an interview on 9/16 be interested in driving with me, and splitting gas? From Cleveland.

Yes. I kinda blocked that day out my memory so idk if we did or not. You may have remembered me because I literally stand out in a crowd.

Is anyone having trouble with the website today? I can't get it to open my secondary! What is the character limit? That's all I need!

I'm submitting my supplemental app today. Just a question for those of you who have gotten interview invites. Are all your LOR in yet? My school is taking forever sending my composite :/

I did mine through interfolio, so mine were in the same time as my secondary, but they don't even ask for them until you get the interview invite.

How long was your essay? Is a paragraph enough?

I think a paragraph is plenty. I had to delete a bunch of mine because of the character limit, so I had about 5 characters remaining, but I think that if you can get the point across then you're good.

Congrats to everyone getting interviews! I looked at my schedule and I'm pretty booked up with class the 16th/18th, but if you guys have any questions feel free to pm me!

And doctorgroove don't worry about being deferred. A lot of applicants are deferred at first, only to turn around and get interviews within a couple weeks.

I have an interview on Sept 11. Looking for good priced/decent hotels. Anyone??? :)