Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University MSOT 2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I got waitlisted unfortunately

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I was accepted today!!! 🥳

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! I was accepted today!!! 🥳
Hi congrats:)
Which semester and level of ot did you apply for?
Also did you receive a phone call or email that you were accepted off the waitlist?

does anyone know if everyone gets waitlisted? 🙃

Reactions: 1 users
I received an email that I met all the requirements and they will be reviewing candidates for interviews in the next coming months. Congrats to everyone who got in!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi congrats:)
Which semester and level of ot did you apply for?
Also did you receive a phone call or email that you were accepted off the waitlist?
Hi, thank you!!! I applied for the Masters Summer of 2021 cohort! I received an email :)

does anyone know if everyone gets waitlisted? 🙃
Im on waitlist and I’m so nervous 🤦🏻‍♀️I don’t want to lose hope yet! I hope we hear good news before the new year .. or after🙏

Last edited:
Hey guys! I was just received an email that I was accepted! 🥳

Members don't see this ad :)
I got an email saying that I am on the waitlist. It says on the email that interviews for the summer cohort will end 02/05/2021. So everyone should probably get the final answer within 2 weeks of that
I just received an email that I am accepted to the Summer 2021 cohort :)

hi guys, I was just accepted! wooo! cant wait to start class with you all in May :)

Reactions: 4 users
So they don’t do rejections? Just waitlists? Lol. I still haven’t heard back about an interview. Guessing spaces will fill up by then.

That's what I'm thinking too. My friend didn't get off the waitlist last year until 2 weeks before class started.
I have been stressed out the wait since August 🥲😬🤲

For anyone who has submitted their seat deposit, where did you go?? I clicked on the link that was provided to me, but then it says “website not found.” So I am a bit confused. If anyone can help me, this would be much appreciated!!

I received an email that I met all the requirements and they will be reviewing candidates for interviews in the next coming months. Congrats to everyone who got in!
Hey, today I received same email stating that admission committee will review my application and if I selected then they will schedule interview. I apply long time ago and I received email from college so late. And after reading all the responses, I feel like so many of you guys are already excepted and seems like few of them are place in waitlist so I don’t understand why they email me and saying that they selected my application and if I will be a good candidate then they will schedule an interview this is so confusing.
How is their interview process? Can any one share their experience?
I already selected for different college for the their OT program but it’s at NY. If I get into WCU then I won’t have to move from California to NY..

Thanks

They got back to me with a date and time for my interview. It was during work hours so I didn't get back to them immediately, because obviously I need to confirm if I can use my PTO hours. The very next day, they sent me an email stating that my application has been removed from the pool because I didn't confirm for the interview.

I knew something was off with this school the moment I had to pay 65 + another 75 just to apply.

I got accepted to 2/8 of my schools so far, so I have options. But so far what I'm seeing from WCU hasn't been great.

hey guys! I just got accepted off the waitlist for the summer cohort! can't wait to meet y'all in May! :)

hi! i was waitlisted back in december, but just got accepted this week and paid my seat deposit!! so excited to meet you guys!! 🥲

Reactions: 2 users
I received a waitlist update, but is that considered an official waitlist decision? I can't tell if this email is generalized information sent to all students, or if it's regarding my final application decision. Someone help T_T

I received a waitlist update, but is that considered an official waitlist decision? I can't tell if this email is generalized information sent to all students, or if it's regarding my final application decision. Someone help T_T
I got this email too. I interviewed a few weeks ago and was never told that I was waitlisted so this email caught me by surprise. I emailed Mary, I'll let you know what she says.

She just emailed back. I guess everyone who is qualified is waitlisted. "Once candidates move up in rank, they receive offers. We accept 30% of the class at a time". Kind of confusing but I guess it makes sense because they do rolling admissions.

Wait I'm so confused, I got the waitlist email too.. I interviewed two weeks ago, but I was never informed whether I was even on the waitlist or denied? Does this email imply that I'm automatically waitlisted?

I got the waitlost email as well. Seems like everyone goes on a waitlist and then they select people?

I will be giving up my seat in the class as I was accepted elsewhere.
Hopefully that’ll give one of you on the waitlist a spot soon!

Currently still waiting as well... also, I agree that the timing of the emails sent were pretty confusing haha

I applied to both their MSOT and OTD program and heard back today! I got into their OTD program!!

Reactions: 4 users
I applied to both their MSOT and OTD program and heard back today! I got into their OTD program!!
Me too! Are you going to accept your OTD seat or wait until the rankings for the MSOT come out?

I just received my rank today!

Has anyone who interviewed the week of 2/5 not received an admission decision or waitlist rank yet?

Has anyone who interviewed the week of 2/5 not received an admission decision or waitlist rank yet?
i would reach out to M.T (admissions person)! I did and heard back and received my waitlist rank. Good luck!

Me too! Are you going to accept your OTD seat or wait until the rankings for the MSOT come out?
I think im leaning more towards getting my doctorate since the price difference and extra time to get the doctorate degree isn't that much more! But im still going to try and reach out to see what my rank is for MSOT

Hi! I was wondering for current students, how do you guys like the program so far? I got accepted to the OTD program for Fall 2021 and wanted a bit more insight. Congrats guys!

Hi! I was wondering for current students, how do you guys like the program so far? I got accepted to the OTD program for Fall 2021 and wanted a bit more insight. Congrats guys!
Congrats! I got accepted into the OTD program for fall 2021 as well! Would also love insight from current students on how they're enjoying the program so far