Program-Specific Info / Q's West Coast University MSOT 2021 Cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

otlover18

Reaction score
I haven't seen anyone made a page about WCU's 2021 Cycle, so I thought it would be nice to start one. I wanted to know if anyone has done their interviews with them this cycle and how was it? I have my interview in 2 weeks. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey! I'm trying to apply on OTCAS but when I added the program, there's no page for me to input my prerequisites? I only see a home page. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something about the application process?

Hey! I'm trying to apply on OTCAS but when I added the program, there's no page for me to input my prerequisites? I only see a home page. I'm not sure if I'm misunderstanding something about the application process?
Yea that's how it was for me! I think they don't require us to input our prerequisites there because they're going to see it through our transcripts.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Yea that's how it was for me! I think they don't require us to input our prerequisites there because they're going to see it through our transcripts.
Yeah you don't need to input any grades for WCU on OTCAS, but you do need to fill out the supplemental application on their website. Have you guys heard back from them yet?

hi guys! I haven't heard anything, but it has only been a week since I submitted. Did you guys get a confirmation email when you complete their supplemental application on their website? It doesn't seem like I submitted it because there wasn't anything following it besides paying for the fee.

hi guys! I haven't heard anything, but it has only been a week since I submitted. Did you guys get a confirmation email when you complete their supplemental application on their website? It doesn't seem like I submitted it because there wasn't anything following it besides paying for the fee.
Hey, I got a confirmation email they received the supplemental app like 2-5 days after I submitted it. This was around late September though.

Hi! I had my interview for WCU on the 24th! I haven't heard anything back regarding a decision

I got a confirmation email! I would contact the school just in case. They should have received it if you paid the fee though

Hey! I interviewed with them on 10/30 and haven’t heard anything back yet.

I received my acceptance this morning! Good luck everyone.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone hear back from west coast after their interview? &which degree and semester did you apply for?

Anyone hear back from west coast after their interview? &which degree and semester did you apply for?
Yes I heard back on Nov 18th after my interview Oct 30. I was accepted, however I am unsure if I want to accept as I am still waiting to hear back from 6 schools. I applied for the Summer MSOT 2021 program!

Yes I heard back on Nov 18th after my interview Oct 30. I was accepted, however I am unsure if I want to accept as I am still waiting to hear back from 6 schools. I applied for the Summer MSOT 2021 program!
I see I see, congrats!🙌 Thanks for replying!

Congrats!!I got interviewed on the same day, and I haven’t heard back. I’m stating to get so worried since it’s my top school that I want to get in 😟

Hi! I was interviewed on 10/30 but I haven’t heard back since then. Does anybody know if that means my chance of getting in is lower now ? 😐 Did anybody not get a hear back until today who was interviewed on the same day as well ?

I emailed them regarding the timeline for decisions and they replied today that they are sending out notices within the month!

Reactions: 2 users
Hi! I was interviewed on 10/30 but I haven’t heard back since then. Does anybody know if that means my chance of getting in is lower now ? 😐 Did anybody not get a hear back until today who was interviewed on the same day as well ?
I haven’t heard back either!

Hi guys I was just accepted to both the masters and doctorate program. I interviewed on October 30th. Best of luck to everyone!

Hey everyone,

I was just placed on the waitlist 😔

Hey everyone,

I was just placed on the waitlist 😔
I am not accepting my seat for the masters and doctorate so if you are at the top hopefully you hear back! Wishing you the best

Hey guys! I interviewed on 11/20. Wondering if anyone with that interview date has heard back yet? I'm getting antsy haha.

Hey guys! I interviewed on 11/20. Wondering if anyone with that interview date has heard back yet? I'm getting antsy haha.
I interviewed the same day! I haven’t heard back yet either.

Is the interview in person? And would anyone recommend sending in my application now? I know the deadline isn't until 1/31.

Generally its better to send in your applications as early as you can. Even if the deadline isnt until then, they can have a round of interviews before the deadline. I would highly doubt the interviews are in person considering the state of how bad Covid cases are right now. I don't believe I have even seen other programs mention in person interviews ever since March initial shutdowns.

Generally its better to send in your applications as early as you can. Even if the deadline isnt until then, they can have a round of interviews before the deadline. I would highly doubt the interviews are in person considering the state of how bad Covid cases are right now. I don't believe I have even seen other programs mention in person interviews ever since March initial shutdowns.
West Coast University mentions in-person interviews on OTCAS.

"Upon successful submission of your OTCAS application, the admissions team will review and connect with you by email (please check your spam). If you meet all admissions requirements and are qualified for our program, you will be considered for an interview. If you move onto the interview phase, please keep in mind that the interviews are in-person only and at our campus in Los Angeles. When visiting our campus on the interview day, in addition to the interview itself the interviewee's will receive a campus tour, meet with multiple esteemed OT faculty, and connect with a few of our students in-person as well."

So is West Coast rolling admissions? Do you know if they are sending out acceptances before the deadline?

I just received my acceptance this morning!! Not sure if I’ll accept since I’m still waiting to hear back from a few programs.
just to reference, I interviewed on 10/30!

I just received my acceptance this morning!! Not sure if I’ll accept since I’m still waiting to hear back from a few programs.
Congrats! What are your stats? And are you from California?

Congratulations! I interviewed on the same day and got waitlisted. I hope they still send out acceptances before the deadline.

I interviewed on 11/20 and I haven't heard back too. I hope I can hear back soon.

Congatulations!! Would you mind sharing your stats?
Thank you! And I don’t mind at all.

School: Cal state Dominguez Hills
Overall GPA: 3.3
Pre req GPA: 3.8
Volunteer/observation hrs: 120+ Veteran’s hospital Los Angeles (geriatric) and 35hrs in pediatric observations.
Letters of rec: 1 OT, 1 neurologist, and 1 math professor
Experience: preschool teacher for 8 years

Reactions: 3 users
Hello all, I interviewed on 10/30 and received notification I was put on the waitlist on Dec 3. Hoping I don't have to wait until May to be accepted :l

Good luck to all :)

Hello all, I interviewed on 10/30 and received notification I was put on the waitlist on Dec 3. Hoping I don't have to wait until May to be accepted :l

Good luck to all :)
I was waitlisted on the same day but I think we will be hearing back of our rankings before the deadline which is in January.
good luck to you too! 😊

WCU requires a supplemental application ($75) ....all this information they already have through OTCAS. And yet they are charing us more money. Kind of putting me off from this school.