Vietnamese Roll Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
rxforlife2004 said:
This thread is really irritated me!. :mad: Damn a bunch of showing-off Viet!

WOW! That was harsh. You didn't have to read this thread you know? You do have an option to skip right through it. :D

Members don't see this ad.

Interestingly, my PharmD class has no minorities at all. It's as stereotypical as you could imagine West Virginia being. It's literally 85 suburban, anglo-saxon white kids. I wish we had some Vietnamese folk around to at least give me some flippin' variety. I swear to God, if I hear one more American Eagle draped person tell me how great "Dave Matthews" is I'm going to vomit.

WVUPharm2007 said:
Interestingly, my PharmD class has no minorities at all. It's as stereotypical as you could imagine West Virginia being. It's literally 85 suburban, anglo-saxon white kids. I wish we had some Vietnamese folk around to at least give me some flippin' variety. I swear to God, if I hear one more American Eagle draped person tell me how great "Dave Matthews" is I'm going to vomit.

Ha ha...he said Dave MAtthews. Just reminds me of Hootie and the Blowfish. Wear this following item and you'll be the talk of the class linky linky

Members don't see this ad :)
WVUPharm2007 said:
Morgantown is far from suburban. LOL

WVUPharm2007 said:

Hahaha. hilarious post. Whats wrong with Dave Matthews? hahaha

xxdakinexx said:
Hahaha. hilarious post. Whats wrong with Dave Matthews? hahaha

All his songs sound the same to me.

Caverject said:
Morgantown is far from suburban. LOL

It's not a city, it's not country. It's just...blah. We have a cool monorail thingy though. And half price bowling on Friday nights. And it's legal to walk down the street in broad daylight with a shotgun flung across your shoulder. Do you have that mister fancy-city-folk-man?

Oh, and I lied, I just remembered today that we have *1* kid that is a quarter Asian. He probably still likes Dave Matthews though. So, uh, yeah, that's as ethnically diverse as we get. My girlfriend is going to be going here next year and she's half Jewish. So, that'll be, like, *2* quasi-minorities.

xxdakinexx said:
Yea they do, don't they.

Are your eyes cocked? It sure looks like it! You should consider in not posting your ugly pics. in a public forum, because you are damn UGLY!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What is up with all these "[insert nationality] Roll Call" threads?

Dr.X said:
Are your eyes cocked? It sure looks like it! You should consider in not posting your ugly pics. in a public forum, because you are damn UGLY!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

What is up with all these "[insert nationality] Roll Call" threads?
These comments are inappropriate. Please ignore them and continue your conversation.

WVUPharm2007 said:
Oh, and I lied, I just remembered today that we have *1* kid that is a quarter Asian. He probably still likes Dave Matthews though. So, uh, yeah, that's as ethnically diverse as we get. My girlfriend is going to be going here next year and she's half Jewish. So, that'll be, like, *2* quasi-minorities.

Hey, in West Virginia, half-Jewish IS a minority. I don't even practice, but I'm refered to as "The Jew" all the time. I'm "The Class Jew," "The Kroger's Jew," now "The Pharmacy Jew" ... I'm serious... my nickname at work is Jewby. I spend (well, spent, I just quit there :D) more time discussing the differences between Judiasm and Christianity with my coworkers than actually working some days (because they've never heard of Judiasm, or just heard the name and never knew anything about it sans the steriotypical stuff.) It's like every time a new cashier gets hired, I have to explain what it means to be Jewish. I've met ONE Jewish person since I got here. She came into Kroger looking for Shabbat candles, but thought I wouldn't know what they are... "Excuse me, I'm looking for these candles... they're white, kind of small, some people use them religiously..." "Shabbat candles? Aisle 5, on your right." "You know Shabbat candles? ...dark brown hair... that nose... *reads name badge* Sarah... aaaah, Saaaaaaarah! Hello!"

But back to the point. Dave Matthews sucks.

Members don't see this ad :)
FutureRxGal said:
Them are fightin' words, ma'am. :D

Yes, yes they are ;) The only Dave Matthews I like is when Paul Oakenfeld or whatever his name is is involved. Nothing wrong with techno remixes. However, if we're talking Matrix music, Rob Dougan takes the cake.

I don't really hate Dave Matthews, it's just that 99% of his fans make me want to die. You know, the teenybopper "omfg lyke <3 d4ve <3 is soOoOoO hawt! i lyke totally would make out with him!!!!!!!1 omfg!!!!!!1" fans, or the "let's go the concert to smoke pot!" fans. That, and I went to Bonnaroo (no, I don't smoke pot or do mushrooms or even drink alcohol!) and I had to decide between Bob Dylan, Mike Doughety (one of the guys from Soul Coughing), Yo La Tengo, and String Cheese Incident because they all had the same time slot so stupid Dave Matthews could have the 8.30 - midnight all to himself. That should have been Dylan's spot!!!!! Nobody will ever convince me that Dave Matthews is superior to Bob Dylan.

Hah, so yeah, that's my problem with Dave Matthews.

WVURxGal said:
You know, the teenybopper "omfg lyke <3 d4ve <3 is soOoOoO hawt! i lyke totally would make out with him!!!!!!!1 omfg!!!!!!1"

Hee! You use the same descriptions I use when describing anal, immature Tori Amos fans (and I LOVE Tori ;)). But, before this turns into another musician topic, let's return it back to what it was intended.

FutureRxGal said:
Them are fightin' words, ma'am. :D

And I work with a Vietnamese pharmacist who plays the guitar AND likes Dave Matthews. ;)

Too funny.

WVURxGal said:
I don't really hate Dave Matthews, it's just that 99% of his fans make me want to die.

I TOTALLY agree. Plus, I hate it when people that listen to DMB think that they're "different" b/c they listen to DMB...when in actuality DMB is as mainstream as it gets.

Make way! Make way! Another Vietnamese babe comin through!!!
I'm so glad our viet community is still so strong even in the pharmacy field.
Power to the people! j/k :laugh:

Back to the topic of FOODDDDD. ....

Anyone know of good vietnamese restaurants in Austin? or any good restaurants besides vietnamese?

Thanks! :thumbup:

Speaking of Texas, any vietnamese out there in Lubbock? :confused: I'll be out there for a few years.

Goodluck to all you who are apply for pharms schools or any of the other health sciences. :luck:

James

JMK2005 said:
Speaking of Texas, any vietnamese out there in Lubbock? :confused: I'll be out there for a few years.

Goodluck to all you who are apply for pharms schools or any of the other health sciences. :luck:

James

Are you currently in the Texas Tech Pharmacy program?

fob12 said:
Are you currently in the Texas Tech Pharmacy program?

No. I'll be in Lubbock for the Ophthalmology starting summer 2006. It'll be a fun experience, but just wondering how many vietnamese people are out there.

Saw on the map that there's one vietnamese restaurant... guess that takes the award for being the best viet restaurant in Lubbock.

fob12, goodluck up at the Texas Tech Pharmacy interview.

James

Thanks. :)

JMK2005 said:
No. I'll be in Lubbock for the Ophthalmology starting summer 2006. It'll be a fun experience, but just wondering how many vietnamese people are out there.

Saw on the map that there's one vietnamese restaurant... guess that takes the award for being the best viet restaurant in Lubbock.

fob12, goodluck up at the Texas Tech Pharmacy interview.

James

WildOrchids27 said:
I'm leaving for Vietnam in 2 weeks. YAY!
I haven't been back Vietnam since I left it 12 years ago. Of course, I miss it. Well, ... afraid that I will crush on some girls there, so I should wait until I am married :laugh:

man!!! damn finally know about this THREAD!! im Viet man!! u guys talk about PHO a lot...Pho was originally made from Communist man!!! lets not talk about it so much =O) i feel angry when u guys talk about it!! GROAR! :eek: ...i am from VIrginia..and so many Vietnamese down here are so smart...gpa is high =) competition man!! our average GPA is 3.7

PharmDster said:
man!!! damn finally know about this THREAD!! im Viet man!! u guys talk about PHO a lot...Pho was originally made from Communist man!!! lets not talk about it so much =O) i feel angry when u guys talk about it!! GROAR! :eek: ...i am from VIrginia..and so many Vietnamese down here are so smart...gpa is high =) competition man!! our average GPA is 3.7

I was just wondering why did you want a 100% pure vietnamese thread? I'm half vietnamese and half chinese and proud of who I am and where my parents come from. Everyone in this forum is friendly and they don't want to exclude people. I'm pretty sure someone posted about this subject before about why a vietnamese thread was made, but I just don't think it matters if you're mixed, pure, or just interested in the culture. If I offended anyone I'm sorry and it was not my intent to offend you I just had it on my mind... :)

And about the communist thing, the war was a dark time in history and affected many people, but it's something that will always come up and hopefully we learned from it....but i guess not...(I personally knew someone who died in iraq... :( )

Hi everyone.
I am a white female. While I enjoyed reading this thread, my boyfriend did not because he implied it was somewhat segregated. He is Vietnamese and a practicing pharmacist and we live in Florida. We are very much in love. Are there any other Vietnamese in here involved in an interracial relationship? Just wondering. :)

UCFGrad said:
Hi everyone.
I am a white female. While I enjoyed reading this thread, my boyfriend did not because he implied it was somewhat segregated. He is Vietnamese and a practicing pharmacist and we live in Florida. We are very much in love. Are there any other Vietnamese in here involved in an interracial relationship? Just wondering. :)

I am involved in one. :) Don't worry about PharmDster, he's gonna get himself banned soon. Most of us Vietnamese are very friendly.

ha ha Holla...didn't know there were so many vn people from all over on sdn. coo oh Vietnamese in tha house :laugh:

Are we allowed to post threads in another langugage??
Sao tui hong thay ai xa`i tieng Viet zi ba` con? :D

Abilene said:
Are we allowed to post threads in another langugage??
Sao tui hong thay ai xa`i tieng Viet zi ba` con? :D

minh cung khg biet. thay sao lam vay haa haa

I'm 100% Vietnamese...Cha`o ca'c ban :)

WTF?.........What's next....an all midget thread? There's nothing wrong with yall representin'. Just try not to offend anyone like....uh midgets. I can't start a Korean thread cuz apparently there aren't enough Koreans here...shame. Where all my Buford Hwy mofos???...No...but seriously...there are plenty of Asian/White relationships.......especially AM/WF.....I only date white chicks......don't ask why ;) . There is an increasing trend of AM/WF relationships, well from what I've observed here in the dirty dirty.....But don't go out to the boonies......ekkkkkkkk....Ain't too many Asian cowboys. :scared:

I am a 75% vietnamese and 25% chinese but I was born and grew up in Hue, Viet Nam. I just have been in US for 2 years. Just got acceptance into a pharmacy school. Nice to meet all you guys

what the...? I thought this thread was dead...had a good laugh at reading this last year.

well since this thread was brought back up.. I too am vietnamese. I wished I knew some of yall in person, so I can have people to talk about pre-pharmacy and helping one another with the application process and what not

well since this thread was brought back up.. I too am vietnamese. I wished I knew some of yall in person, so I can have people to talk about pre-pharmacy and helping one another with the application process and what not

yeah same here.........anyone in here from California? .......if yes, message me......:D

Is there any Viet people at UBC in the pharm program or applying this year? It would be great to meet one.

Does any Vietnamese study in University of Findlay?

i'm viet living in cali but i'm a pre-dent. nice to meet you all.

Vietnamese WOOO WOO!!! i'm applying to school wish me luck!