Vietnamese Roll Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RiceApple

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who is Vietnamese here? Lets Represent! :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not Vietnamese, but I wanted your post to at least have one response! :laugh:

ForgetMeNot said:
I'm not Vietnamese, but I wanted your post to at least have one response! :laugh:

There are actually a lot of Vietnamese pre-pharm students. Can we make this post a sticky so everyone has a chance to reply?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm Vietnamese. :)

RiceApple said:
Who is Vietnamese here? Lets Represent! :D

I'm Viet too but a dental student ...heheh :D :D

Representin'. :)

I'm Vietnamese. Isn't it blatantly obvious with my sn? haha. cheers! =D

we have a lot of vietnamese students in temple. is pharmacy your thing or something?

kwakster928 said:
we have a lot of vietnamese students in temple. is pharmacy your thing or something?

Pharmacy seems to be the thing for korean and vietnamese girls. My class is full of them. Which is a good thing for me. :love:

gdk420 said:
Pharmacy seems to be the thing for korean and vietnamese girls. My class is full of them. Which is a good thing for me. :love:

We are the best looking creatures in the job of pharmacy

I'm half vietnamese and half chinese...alittle mixture of both. =)
I guess vietnamese girls have a thing for RX....

Uhm, Chinese but parents are from vietnam, so i guess i'm er...chinese but loves vietnamese food. did someone say something about korean girls? :rolleyes:

dqkt said:
Uhm, Chinese but parents are from vietnam, so i guess i'm er...chinese but loves vietnamese food. did someone say something about korean girls? :rolleyes:

Pharmacists love pho. =P

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh, there is a lot of Vietnamese in this forum. I'm a vietnamese to. Hope i can get into Pharm school next year. Glad to know y'all

I am Vietnamese...:) and currently attending USN, College of Pharmacy :)

haha yes, they probably do enjoy the pho.

Many of my korean friends love pho!!!! In Koreatown I see a Pho restuarant on every other block....Pho 88, Pho 888, Pho 79, Pho 2000....so many numbers... :p

Man.. cold weather here in Ohio. Perfect time for eating pho*? .. I have been eating pho*? every freaking weekend in the last 6 wks.hehe Too lazy to cook in the weekend. Beside pho, there ain't anything good to eat here.

I happen to have 2 vietnamese girlfriends and they want to go to pharm schools.

I don't think this is a 'vietnamese' thing. Maybe we just happen to have lots of vietnamese!

kwakster928 said:
I was a chemical engineer with Honeywell in Houston, Texas. After working there for 2 years, I was laid off. My parents encouraged me to change my career to dentistry or pharmacy. They gave me their modest income from their housekeeping job to build a new career. ?That?s Vietnamese way?. I chose Chemical Engineering because it is a ?smart? degree and earns ?big?. The reality is that we are working hard but not earn big as I thought (normally $80K per year) and be worry on job security. In Vietnam, our family and relatives didn?t have anyone pursue in medicine but law and teaching (before 1975- the fall of Saigon). We came here Nashville, Tennessee since 1992. Now, we have one pharmacist (my younger sister, PharmD (Mercer 2002)) and a dentist-orthodontics (my brother-in-law). I am on interviewing to dental school (U of Tennessee, Menphis- Nov. 19). I also choose PharmD as an alternative. I am glad to see the PCAT test changing its format on Verbal section, which now replaces Antonym by Complete (thought) the Sentence, the other part still is analogy. It was a big favor for foreigners (Vietnamese). I only got 5% for Verbal and Reading Comprehension. I will retake it on this November. It?s interesting that at this moment I have more chance to get in dental school than pharmacy school.

Today is the last date to register for the Nov. 20 PCAT. You have to pay extra $39 for late fee and apply online only. Starting from the last October test, the content of PCAT was changed significantly. You, Vietnamese, should try it. On the PCAT score report (to school), they only list scores of the test date that you want to send to school. The Verbal section is reformed in favor for foreigners. The Antonym is replaced by Complete (thought) the Sentence. The other part is still Analogy. A new section, Essay, is added. In its brochure, they don?t tell us how this essay is scored. Here is how their peers score it: MCAT- grade J to T (no percentile is given); GRE & GMAT: grade 1 to 6 (a percentile is given). I think our PCAT might follow the MCAT. There are more Organic Chemistry in Chemistry section and more Calculus in Quantitative section. You should take the Practice Test (online) on its website (cost $17) before continuing your review.

dqkt said:

Yeah, korean girls, viet girls, pharmacy girls in general are so hot. The only hotter ones are the physical therapy students. Man they are so hot and in shape.

Holy cow!!! I thought I was the only Vietnamese lurking in SDN. Nice to meet y'all.

-----------------------------------------------
Pennsylvania College of Optometry Class of 2009

PHO RULES! And yes, I am Vietnamese and there's too many Vietnamese here in the University of Washington c/o 2007... there was 12 the last time I counted... :laugh:

I'm fruit fly and I'm reporting for duty.

I'm applying for 2005.. Keep my fingers cross. Good luck everyone.

I'm Vietnamese. I will apply to the pharmacy schools next year so hopefully one of them will accept me. Anyone in here from TX?

ClaireSr01 said:
I'm Vietnamese. I will apply to the pharmacy schools next year so hopefully one of them will accept me. Anyone in here from TX?

I am from Houston, TX. How bout u?

BABY_GHOST said:
I am from Houston, TX. How bout u?

I'm from Houston too. Darn.. I really miss Houston. One more week of school to go. I'm craving for Kimson' dimsum, L'mour cafe .. can't wait kekeke :D :D :D

I'm Vietnamese and pre-dental. :)

I'm from Dallas. I guess most vietnamese people are from Houston or Cali.

ClaireSr01 said:
I'm from Dallas. I guess most vietnamese people are from Houston or Cali.

heheh I miss pho 96 and Thanh Tri banh cuon (I forgot its new name) there too..hehe Used to work in Dallas for awhile. Plano, a city with great memories in me.

Hi, Im ViệtNamese and Im living in Việt Nam. Is there any one living in Việt Nam. Im medical student, not pharma - :D .
I know PHỞ - I like eating PHỞ. Wow, you lost half of life if you had not eaten PHỞ. Kekeke :D.

HuyetKiem said:
heheh I miss pho 96 and Thanh Tri banh cuon (I forgot its new name) there too..hehe Used to work in Dallas for awhile. Plano, a city with great memories in me.

is it pho 95 or pho 96?

bourvier said:
Hi, Im ViệtNamese and Im living in Việt Nam. Is there any one living in Việt Nam. Im medical student, not pharma - :D .
I know PHỞ - I like eating PHỞ. Wow, you lost half of life if you had not eaten PHỞ. Kekeke :D.

I am from Texas, USA. Which part of Vietnam are you from?

It's Pho 95, but it doesn't matter, because no matter where you go...ALWAYS ORDER THE TRAIN. hahaha! Ireally don't know what all the Pho "#s" mean...

fob12 said:
I am from Texas, USA. Which part of Vietnam are you from?
Hi, Im living in Hồ Ch? Minh city, in the south of Việt Nam. You know it ?

bourvier, I used to live in Saigon too. I was born there and lived there until 97, when my family moved to America. It's a great city. I can't wait to see it when I'm goin back there next summer. :)

HuyetKiem said:
Man.. cold weather here in Ohio. Perfect time for eating pho*? .. I have been eating pho*? every freaking weekend in the last 6 wks.hehe Too lazy to cook in the weekend. Beside pho, there ain't anything good to eat here.

wow there's pho in ohio?

bourvier said:
Hi, Im living in Hồ Ch? Minh city, in the south of Việt Nam. You know it ?

Yes, matter of fact I used to live around there when I was at the age of 7.
Our family immigrated to the U.S. so I don't remember much. I want to go back there soon. How is the weather? Humid I bet!

KobeInnocent said:
wow there's pho in ohio?

Yeah... Pho #1, Pho Hoa in Cleveland. Not that great but oh hell ! :laugh: :laugh:

I'm planning on visiting the "mothaland" after graduation. I was born in the states, have never been to Vietnam, and am only able to speak in very broken Vietnamese. Any traveling tips for me?

Drink bottled water :)

goheel said:
Drink bottled water :)

I was also born in the states, but I went to Vietnam about 4 years ago. I loved it there so much but beware, the food is great, but do what goheel said drink bottled water, boiled it if you must, and when eating out don't eat the raw vegetables unless you have an iron stomach (I do). :p I had no problems when I went back, however, my parents weren't so lucky and got sick for about 2-3 days.

What part of Vietnam are you going to? I went to both Saigon and Hanoi. Good shopping in Saigon and beautiful scenery in Hanoi. There's this place called Ha long (Sp?) sorry I can't write in Vietnamese...all I know is pho and banh cuon. Overall Vietnam is getting pretty modern now in the city.