Vietnamese Roll Call

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
fob12 said:
How is the weather? Humid I bet!
You right !! But the weather is hot also, very hot sometime. And the dry season is coming. In the North, its cold, and in the south, it will be cool in some days, and in the Noel may be it will cold.

Members don't see this ad.

goheel said:
bourvier, I used to live in Saigon too. I was born there and lived there until 97, when my family moved to America. It's a great city. I can't wait to see it when I'm goin back there next summer. :)
97 to 2004 : 7 years, its a long time, but not a very long time. :D . Many changes, but not everything, i think so. But the living condition changes many, and the city also, you will suprise when you come home. Home ? is it right for you ? :)

Viets representin'. Good to see.

Members don't see this ad :)
why do you want only Vetamise if you want you can go to Vitinamse communities,this is Great United States. Stop asking this kind of questions.

Stop asking this kind of questions. If you want you can organisze in vitinamise communities

abebe said:
Stop asking this kind of questions. If you want you can organisze in vitinamise communities

HUh?

abebe said:
why do you want only Vetamise if you want you can go to Vitinamse communities,this is Great United States. Stop asking this kind of questions.

Learn how to spell kid. And if you don't like this forum, just use your mouse and go elsewhere. No one's forcing you to read it.

Oh, I used to live in Sai Gon too. All of u guys have been living in U.S for such a long time huh ( at least compared to me) i've been living here for just 6 months. When i was in VN, i hate Pho :eek: But dunno why when i came here i started to love Pho. Miss Sai Gon night, miss my mom's meal so much. BTW, wut do u guys love most in SG ( besides Pho) :)

I don't miss Saigon. I do miss Houston. Yeah .. 4 more days to go.

HuyetKiem said:
Yeah... Pho #1, Pho Hoa in Cleveland. Not that great but oh hell ! :laugh: :laugh:

PHO #1 is so "Americanized"...very Nuveau. Pho Hoa is better but not that great either. Both places are way over price! We should all start a "Frieda" report on all the Pho restaurants around the US. I have even been to the one in Anchorage, AK!

I miss all the vendors on the streets. The food is so good. I don't like Pho that much, I'm more into the South Vietnamese food and Chinese. I used to live in Cho lon, so there's alot of Chinese food. :)

Yeah, the street venders are the best in Vietnam...the one thing i loved the most when going back was this dessert. There was sweet rice on the bottom and then topped with ice cream. It was so good! Have any of you guys ever had that or was that just a unique thing from that one street vender? Never seen it in the US.

ClaireSr01 said:
I'm from Dallas. I guess most vietnamese people are from Houston or Cali.

Hey I'm from Dallas too :eek: I'm dental student though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Do you subscribe to Adult Baby World? :scared:

dgroulx said:
Do you subscribe to Adult Baby World? :scared:

No Dana, I just happen to know a lot of them :D I only subscribe to Adult World ;)

I'm Vietnamese and I love pho! I'm going back to Vietnam in Feb, anything I should know before I go back? :p

WildOrchids27 said:
I'm Vietnamese and I love pho! I'm going back to Vietnam in Feb, anything I should know before I go back? :p

WildOrchids, I guess you are going back for tet?

Vietnamese here and I like Pho too. Is there anything else vietnamese that is good?

The semester is almost overrrr! If anyone is applying to UT Pharmacy and wants to know more about it, let me know. I'm finishing up my first semester. A few more hundred exams to good til then.

Ay, Vietnamese girl here basically from Dallas...ooooh how I miss Dallas.

It's been ages since I've had pho...probably before I came to Austin even... :(

I went to Vietnam this past summer and...I hate that I'm horrible with Vietnamese but there's this open air market with the clock on it. I don't know what it's called but they have the BEST food there and I absolutely, ABSOLUTELY fell in love with the che with three colors. Make sure you try everything, if you have the time. You can usually get a little of everything or have them bag it up for you as a snack later.

West Sideeeeeeee....I just want to make a shout out for all the Vietnamese medical professionals out there. Good luck on applications and interviews for those applying. Hope to see you at UCSF! I love Pho too!!!

I'm going to Vietnam on Valentine's Day so that's a couple of days after tet. I'm looking forward to it. I heard the shopping is just exceptional not to mention the great yummy food. I'm hoping to get a whole bunch of tours in too. Are the streets really bad? I'm kind of scared of the traffic. Any historical places I should visit? :)

i'd love to go back to vietnam some day. maybe after graduation.

MedicineManVu said:
West Sideeeeeeee....I just want to make a shout out for all the Vietnamese medical professionals out there. Good luck on applications and interviews for those applying. Hope to see you at UCSF! I love Pho too!!!

Nice to see all the vietnamese people online. Last year of medical school for me.

I'm in OC, so no shortage of good food. I should get it while I can before going away to residency!

oOo Santa Ana, some great Vietnamese food there, but it's about 45min drive for me. I love the spring rolls with the nem inside.

There's this place in North Vietnam called Ving Ha long (sp?...can't write in viet) You take a boat out and walk into these caves(don't know if they're actually caves) that are in the middle of the ocean and because of those caves there's no waves in the ocean. Plus you can have a bbq right on the boat, venders in smaller speedboats pulled up right next to you and sell you stuff like fresh crab, shrimp, any seafood you can think of. It was pretty cool.

What parts of Vietnam are you going to?

troi oi, nhieu nguoi viet nam qua! ahhhhhh!! chay chay! =D

wwwlongcom said:
troi oi, nhieu nguoi viet nam qua! ahhhhhh!! chay chay! =D

Yay! actually I know what you said! Sorry, this is so random, but I thought the only Vietnamese I knew was the menu at a Pho restuarant. My Vietnamese is so bad...

DrEaMeRcHiCk said:
oOo Santa Ana, some great Vietnamese food there, but it's about 45min drive for me. I love the spring rolls with the nem inside.

There's this place in North Vietnam called Ving Ha long (sp?...can't write in viet) You take a boat out and walk into these caves(don't know if they're actually caves) that are in the middle of the ocean and because of those caves there's no waves in the ocean. Plus you can have a bbq right on the boat, venders in smaller speedboats pulled up right next to you and sell you stuff like fresh crab, shrimp, any seafood you can think of. It was pretty cool.

What parts of Vietnam are you going to?

I've heard of the Ha Long. I'm hoping I'll get to go there. BBQ on the boat? Sounds good to me. I can't wait to try all the food. I just hope I don't get sick. :eek:

DrEaMeRcHiCk said:
Yay! actually I know what you said! Sorry, this is so random, but I thought the only Vietnamese I knew was the menu at a Pho restuarant. My Vietnamese is so bad...

haha you crazy. i actually went to school. who else went to vietnamese school? =D

wwwlongcom said:
haha you crazy. i actually went to school. who else went to vietnamese school? =D

I went to Vietnamese school, but I didn't stay very long. I was in a class with little kids. I learned the basics, enough for me to know how read the menu... :laugh:

i only know the vietnamese i learned from second grade and surprisingly some people think i'm fluent in vietnamese...probably cause of my BAC KY accent :confused: ...that or the fact that i used to watch waaaay too many viet dub chinese movies :laugh: ...no time for those anymore though, which is probably why my vietnamese is getting sloppier... :D

oh man, i love those vietnamese dubbed videos! =D

haha i remember those...where their voices have a like 5 sec delay with the actual movement of their mouths.

One thing i kno for sure is that i'm not to fond of the "musical" movies with the same couple in every movie...anyone know what i'm talking about and how to spell it in viet?

sounds something along the lines of guy lung? haha yes i need hooked on phonics for vietnamese

P.S. please excuse my attempt to write in vietnamese

DrEaMeRcHiCk said:
haha i remember those...where their voices have a like 5 sec delay with the actual movement of their mouths.

One thing i kno for sure is that i'm not to fond of the "musical" movies with the same couple in every movie...anyone know what i'm talking about and how to spell it in viet?

sounds something along the lines of guy lung? haha yes i need hooked on phonics for vietnamese

P.S. please excuse my attempt to write in vietnamese

hahaha dreamerchick, it is funny with the delay. and you are referring to "cai luong" =D hows UCLA treating ya?

wwwlongcom said:
hahaha dreamerchick, it is funny with the delay. and you are referring to "cai luong" =D hows UCLA treating ya?

UCLA is okay, just a big change from high school since my high school didn't emphasize education it was more like, "Just graduate, we don't care what you do afterwards" type of school. I think we had a 1 out of 10 rating on greatschools.net.

As for my classes, I'm studying more than I ever did before. Sort of scared because I get nervous during exams and it really does hurt my grade. Like for general chem and math, I know the material yet I make stupid mistakes that are so obvious but for some reason I overlook them. I honestly should be getting an A in those classes, but don't think it's going to happen unless I pull off a miracle on my finals. So it worries me since I know many people want to go to pharmacy school, but the competition here is so intense that my worse fear is getting rejected by all the pharm schools I apply to.

I understand some people are doing it for the money, but I mean its not that much when you compare the amount of years you put in vs. the money you make. I guess that's why some people end up leaving the field because they came in for the wrong reason. But I've always wanted to become a pharmacist especially in retail and I think I'd enjoy doing it, as long as I can make it.

I honestly don't know what else to do, other than study my butt off and hope I get good grades. No matter how hard I study I just can't get to the level that some people are at because they've had such a good educational background to work with. Somewhat depressing... :(

I've done as much as I can for now, research what the pre-reqs I have to take, the schools, and just paying attention to sdn :thumbup: . Overall, I just keep saying to myself that it's just the first quarter(yes I'm only 18, a first-year) and I can do better because now I know what it's like. But no matter how much I research I still don't know everything. Like I don't know what classes to take next quarter other than chem and math!

I'm just glad I found this forum because I need all the support I can get. Thanks Long for asking how I'm doing. How about you? Tell me about yourself?

DrEaMeRcHiCk said:
UCLA is okay, just a big change from high school since my high school didn't emphasize education it was more like, "Just graduate, we don't care what you do afterwards" type of school. I think we had a 1 out of 10 rating on greatschools.net.

As for my classes, I'm studying more than I ever did before. Sort of scared because I get nervous during exams and it really does hurt my grade. Like for general chem and math, I know the material yet I make stupid mistakes that are so obvious but for some reason I overlook them. I honestly should be getting an A in those classes, but don't think it's going to happen unless I pull off a miracle on my finals. So it worries me since I know many people want to go to pharmacy school, but the competition here is so intense that my worse fear is getting rejected by all the pharm schools I apply to.

I understand some people are doing it for the money, but I mean its not that much when you compare the amount of years you put in vs. the money you make. I guess that's why some people end up leaving the field because they came in for the wrong reason. But I've always wanted to become a pharmacist especially in retail and I think I'd enjoy doing it, as long as I can make it.

I honestly don't know what else to do, other than study my butt off and hope I get good grades. No matter how hard I study I just can't get to the level that some people are at because they've had such a good educational background to work with. Somewhat depressing... :(

I've done as much as I can for now, research what the pre-reqs I have to take, the schools, and just paying attention to sdn :thumbup: . Overall, I just keep saying to myself that it's just the first quarter(yes I'm only 18, a first-year) and I can do better because now I know what it's like. But no matter how much I research I still don't know everything. Like I don't know what classes to take next quarter other than chem and math!

I'm just glad I found this forum because I need all the support I can get. Thanks Long for asking how I'm doing. How about you? Tell me about yourself?

haha wow dreamerchick, i am amazed. i type a two sentence response, and you reply with an essay =D. nonetheless, thank you for sharing your college experiences. i'm currently a senior undergraduate at university of california, davis. i actually decided to do pharmacy recently: at first, i was pre-med, and even joined the professional pre-medical fraternity here at uc davis, and then, i was set on optometry for a while, after i was interested in nursing/physician assistant, and now i'm here, planning to do pharmacy. yes i know, it was quite an endeavor, but i'm sure i'm gonna stick with pharmacy this time around.

freshman year is hard indeed, you're just starting to be familiar with classes and living independently and such. i remember my freshman year, i had absolutely no idea what classes to take, what activities and clubs to join, and what to do in life. as time went by, things started working out and fell into place. i actually started to like college.

however, i don't think i'm the sharpest tool in the toolshed. my grades were extremely poor throughout my first few quarters at uc davis. i was even on academic probation for two quarters in a row. maybe i needed to dedicate more time to studying, but being the lazy guy that i am, i never found the time to. and still to this day, my grades has been only slowly improving, but i messed up during the first 2 years of my undergrad that it was hard to pull my gpa up later in the game.

yes, college is about getting good grades, but that should not limit you from having fun and finding your niches in life. you should discover new things about yourself, what you like and don't like, keep an open mind about things.

i actually wanted to keep this short, but i guess it was quite lengthy. it is 5 in the morning. i was working on a 10 page term paper due today, but got distracted by the forums on sdn. thanks a lot dreamerchick! LOL j.k well you take care and good luck on your studies dreamerchick! good day.

~ Long

Thanks long! I hope sdn didn't keep you too distracted while doing your paper, I know it's tempting since it's just a click away. Take cares and good luck to you too!

Linda

i'm sure there are more vietnamese pre-pharm students out there! come represent! =D

How is it going people. A Viet here but alas I'm stuck in Louisiana seems alot of you are in Cali or Texas. Well, its cool we have started our own thread!!!

marr said:
How is it going people. A Viet here but alas I'm stuck in Louisiana seems alot of you are in Cali or Texas. Well, its cool we have started our own thread!!!

hey marr. how are things in louisiana? i hear there is a plethora of vietnamese people there! LOL =D

Hey ppls... I am a first timer on SDN... this website seems very informative...!~ gets addicting... anyhow.. Im vietnamese as well.. so add me on your roll call...keke!!~* take care everyone.. and best of luck in the RX field... :p

DrEaMeRcHiCk said:
Thanks long! I hope sdn didn't keep you too distracted while doing your paper, I know it's tempting since it's just a click away. Take cares and good luck to you too!

Linda

I think anything will distract you when you're working on a paper, but SDN always seems to be the first "distraction" I go to when I'm...looking for inspiration? =P

ilovelylaydee said:
Hey ppls... I am a first timer on SDN... this website seems very informative...!~ gets addicting... anyhow.. Im vietnamese as well.. so add me on your roll call...keke!!~* take care everyone.. and best of luck in the RX field... :p

oh my lovelyladydee! you have the same birthday as me, dec 26th! i have never came across anyone with the same birthday! i'm sure you share the joy of "joint gifts" for your birthday and christmas around this time of year. cheers! =D

Shabooya, sha, sha, shabooya roll call!

wwwlongcom said:
oh my lovelyladydee! you have the same birthday as me, dec 26th! i have never came across anyone with the same birthday! i'm sure you share the joy of "joint gifts" for your birthday and christmas around this time of year. cheers! =D

Hey wwwlongcom.... or should I just call you LONG... yeah.. very interesting..!!~* same DOB... (capricorns in the house!!~*) ;) anyhow.. I was just thinking that yesterday... when I read your xanga.. yeah.. joint presents is not really fair... but this year... All i want for christmas is ADMISSION to RX school.. that would make my bday and xmas... what about you?

capricorns in the house! woot woot! haha you read my xanga?! wow you ARE a stalker aren't you? :) . link me to your xanga so i can read. now that you mention it, my best xmas and birthday gift would be an acceptance letter to pharm school too! =D

My B-day is a day after yours. I'm getting old...... :(

WildOrchids27 said:
My B-day is a day after yours. I'm getting old...... :(

gina, you're not getting old, you're only getting wiser. besides, asians age very well. =D

wwwlongcom said:
gina, you're not getting old, you're only getting wiser. besides, asians age very well. =D

LoL. Ok Long. :D

WildOrchids27 said:
hehehehehe....it's all thanks to you, you resized it for me. Cam on Long nhieu. :D

khong co chi. :)