<<<UTMB Class of 2012!!!>>>

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
blue boxes = baby Moore's (Moore's Essential Clinical Anatomy paperback book)

Members don't see this ad.

I was gonna sign up and get the free netters. Netters is a good atlas right? I remember them saying you need to know the "blue boxes". May I ask what that is? Im sure it will be explained in detail in a week or so...

Think you have to sign up for a credit card to get "free Netters..."
Most everyone gets Netters, the professors use Grants in their powerpoints though. Other people like Rohen's photograph atlas.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I'm looking into buying my stethoscope early. Should I get the 22" or 27" Littman Cardio III?

Do we have to pay for a parking permit? If so, how much is it and when do we sign up?

about these two new emails about financial adi disbursements: is this info just for people that have already received word from utmb about the amount of aid they are getting? or is this for everyone?

Thought I would post this here. I've just received an interview invitation at UTMB. I'm OOS, so I'll be flying in, and I'd like to know what's the best way to fly in & make it to UTMB. Better to fly in to Hobby or IAH (I know IAH is farther out)? Also, any preferred airlines/deals anyone might suggest? Southwest seems to be the most reasonable as far as I can see...

Any advice would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM, too.

Thanks!

Thought I would post this here. I've just received an interview invitation at UTMB. I'm OOS, so I'll be flying in, and I'd like to know what's the best way to fly in & make it to UTMB. Better to fly in to Hobby or IAH (I know IAH is farther out)? Also, any preferred airlines/deals anyone might suggest? Southwest seems to be the most reasonable as far as I can see...

Any advice would be much appreciated. Feel free to PM, too.

Thanks!

Congrats on the interview!! It's easier if you fly into Hobby. UTMB is a 50-minute drive from Hobby. Just take I-45 South all the way down, and you will reach Galveston.

Congrats on the interview!! It's easier if you fly into Hobby. UTMB is a 50-minute drive from Hobby. Just take I-45 South all the way down, and you will reach Galveston.

Thank you for the advice. I will try and find a flight into Hobby then. As far as getting to Galveston, I was hoping to take a shuttle instead of renting a car...it it best to stick with Galveston Limousine Service ($80 round trip to Hobby/$100 round trip to IAH) or are there better deals to get from the airport to UTMB?

anybody know any alternate routes for getting out of the area in case gustav is bad? such as alternatives to heading for houston.

Well I hope we all have an apartment to go back to... and for that matter a school as well.

There's an alternative route that goes around Houston by the way, take 146 through Baytown, Kemah etc... it'll take you to Livingston. No traffic during the evacuation.

Just to let everyone else know, school is closed for "atleast a week" according to www.utmbinfo.com since the schools site is down. Im guessing interviews will be rescheduled for the people for next years class. Ive heard that galveston is not very pretty and the courthouse was in 6ft of water which is relatively close to the school.

Hope everyone is safe and maybe most peoples belongings wont be too messed up.

I am currently living at chateau lafitte and will soon have an empty room by the end of February. Must be able to move in and start paying rent beginning in March. RENT: $500/month ALL BILLS INCLUDED (except internet). No lease sign up required. Preferably female is appreciated. Walking distance to UTMB. You have your very own half bath (vanity,toilet). Just share the shower. Spacious closet. Twin size bed included. Decent size living room and kitchen. If interested or know anyone that might be interested, please respond ASAP. Thanks :)

I'm planning to move to Galveston late August. I need two roommates for the 801 Ferry Rd apts. Please let me know if you guys know anyone who may be interested. Rent is $817 for a 3 bedroom.
Thanks!