UTHSCSA Class of 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'll look at the one behind oak hills CC sometime this week and let you know what it looks like - I drive down Callaghan and F'burg all the time, but haven't ever gotten off in that area.

I couldn't get the Honey Hill one to map.

Here is a link to another forum talking about neighborhoods in SA with mid century modern homes.
http://www.city-data.com/forum/san-antonio/25165-78228-a.html

Oak Hills is really close to the school. You might check the neighborhood off Merkens street (which comes off of Wurzbach between Bandera and Babcock) - it has similar homes to the ones you described... it's not far from the Glen Ridge neighborhood you mentioned... I don't know the name of the neighborhood, it might actually be part of Glen Ridge. A friend lives over there - has a great, really cute house in an older neighborhood where every house looks different. Fairly easy walk to school.

Another area a little further away is off Callaghan - road into neighborhood is Belvoir. Similar type homes.

A caution about biking in SA - the cars really don't yield! We've had several biking accidents because there are hardly any bike lanes (none in the medical center area) or shoulders.

Great! Thanks for the information. I plan on checking out each of those areas when I am in town for Welcome Weekend.

I am not a huge bicycler, but the heads up is noted. I just think it would be nice to not have to drive to class everyday, especially with the parking situation for the first couple of years.

Members don't see this ad.

Great! Thanks for the information. I plan on checking out each of those areas when I am in town for Welcome Weekend.

I am not a huge bicycler, but the heads up is noted. I just think it would be nice to not have to drive to class everyday, especially with the parking situation for the first couple of years.

I understand the list moves rather quickly. Just make sure to have your name on the list as soon as possible (around June when you get your id?)

I understand the list moves rather quickly. Just make sure to have your name on the list as soon as possible (around June when you get your id?)

I was late putting my name on the list (December or so) and got moved up to Zone 4 in late spring. Then moved up to Zone 3 early during 2nd year. Getting on the list early is key... and you can only be on one list - so if you can get zone 4 - you're on campus, albeit a hike. So, if you want a closer spot than zone 3. Pretty much everything but zone 1 is a bit of a hike since the parking is on the opposite side of campus from the med school. But, I've been fairly happy with my zone 3 hike (10 minute walk from most spaces to classroom).

I bought a bike planning to ride, but got scared after the parent of another kinder kid at my daughter's school was killed after being hit by a Via (city) bus not more than 1/2 mile from my house.

Gobble town - I PM'd you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear back on accomodations for welcome weekend? I RSVP'd but haven't heard anything. Wondering if I should go ahead and get a hotel...

Did anyone hear back on accomodations for welcome weekend? I RSVP'd but haven't heard anything. Wondering if I should go ahead and get a hotel...

Might not be a bad idea if they do not coordinate a room. I have not heard anything about the "stay-with-a-student" option yet. Apparently with the UTHSCSA discount the hotels are pretty cheap. I am hoping to stay with family though.

Here are some helpful answers by tiredmom to questions that Twitch posed in the 2010 thread. If any other current students could give their insights on these or other questions it would be great.

Thanks again tiredmom for all of your help.

Originally Posted by tiredmom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobble Town
I was wondering if you had any input on the questions posed by Twitch in the UTHSCSA 2010 Thread.

"Originally Posted by Twitch View Post
Hey guys a couple of questions for the new folks looking to come onboard:

1) How did everything go with parking? Are you in Lot 17? Were you able to get on the wait list prior to June/July when y'all got your id's?
I was a little late as far as applying for parking. I didn't even get my ID until the end of the first day of orientation. I'm a 4th yr now... started in Lot 17, applied for Zone 4 in Dec or so of 1st year, then got into Zone 4 in late spring. Got into Zone 3 around the mid part of MS2 year. I've stayed in Zone 3 - it's about a 10 minute hike into the classrooms, but it ends up being about even to Univ Hospital or VA.

2) Anyone other than Evo try to test out of Biochem/Physio? If you did, what books/materials did you use? Is it possible to get past (sample?) exams to get an idea of what the questions are like. Multiple choice?
I didn't try to test out... hadn't taken them before. The class ahead of us sold a "Study CD" that had old tests, study guides, etc. I think we got something either by mail or email with an order form for it, and we picked it up during the first week of class.

3) Anyone got a link to the official book list? I know we shouldn't buy anything till we get there. I'm just curious if they suggest Netter's or Grants among other things.
Don't have an official book list link. They use Netters in Anatomy. All the tanks have new "nasty netters" (one for each tank to keep in their lab drawer and use while dissecting), and you'll get one for your home, non-nasty use. If you fill out a credit app through AMSA, you can get a free one, I think.

4) Anyone know what the avg grant/scholarship is like? MSAR says it's over $5k.
Not sure. I never applied for any, but have been pleasantly surprised, starting in my 2nd year, with $1-3K scholarships. They do it in a goofy way of never actually telling you you got the scholarship - but you get a loan restatement letter from Financial Aid stating they are returning the amount of the scholarship to the lender... so you don't get any extra cash, but you're debt load is lowered. I guess I've gotten close to $10K total.

5) What do you like/dislike about the place?
Like: Most of the people. San Antonio is great about being pretty laid back. You've got access to great people in all departments. There's lots of opportunities to get involved if you want to. I've made some amazing friends here. I've felt really prepared for everything and well supported. It's very family friendly - my daughter has come to class on several occasions when her school/daycare was closed without any problems.
Dislikes: Lots of construction over the time I've been here, and the parking.
Unsure: The curriculum has changed since I went through the preclinical years to a more systems based approach - they still seem to be working all the little kinks out.

6) Are you happy there?"
Yes. I'm glad this is where I ended up.

Yay, Welcome Week...less than a week away!

:hardy:

Still looking...

My girlfriend is going up tomorrow for a convention and will be looking around too, and I hope to be able to look some next weekend. It would be great to find a house to rent/buy, but time constraints will probably force an apartment rental at least for the first year.

Have you (or anyone else) heard or received anything since the Welcome Weekend notifications?

I am a little concerned about not hearing from the financial aid office yet.

Anyway, hopefully this weekend will illuminate a lot.

Sorry I seem to be a little behind...there is a waiting list for parking permits? How do I find out more info on this?

Thanks a lot

Still looking...

My girlfriend is going up tomorrow for a convention and will be looking around too, and I hope to be able to look some next weekend. It would be great to find a house to rent/buy, but time constraints will probably force an apartment rental at least for the first year.

Have you (or anyone else) heard or received anything since the Welcome Weekend notifications?

I am a little concerned about not hearing from the financial aid office yet.

Anyway, hopefully this weekend will illuminate a lot.

I would like to buy a house but without any income, it'll be challenging to get a home loan. I spoke to the city and they said they offer some assistance to first time home buyers ~ $12k @ 3% interest. A great deal if you can use it.

Sorry I seem to be a little behind...there is a waiting list for parking permits? How do I find out more info on this?

Thanks a lot

Yep. You can get on the list as soon as you get your ID (around June I figure). Are you coming to the welcome weekend? They'll probably have more info there as well.

I would like to buy a house but without any income, it'll be challenging to get a home loan. I spoke to the city and they said they offer some assistance to first time home buyers ~ $12k @ 3% interest. A great deal if you can use it.

Do you have contact information for the city assistance? Might help if that is the route we decide.

The thread is finally moving again. We have got a ways to go to catch up to the 2010 Class thread though. They were pages in around this time last year, and the other schools are pulling away (booooooo).

Let's go 2011!:clap: :clap:

Do you have contact information for the city assistance? Might help if that is the route we decide.

The thread is finally moving again. We have got a ways to go to catch up to the 2010 Class thread though. They were pages in around this time last year, and the other schools are pulling away (booooooo).

Let's go 2011!:clap: :clap:

Here's some homebuyer's resources/ links for state assistance.
http://www.uthscsa2011.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=21

Members don't see this ad :)
To all headed to UTHSCSA, congratulations on your acceptance. I am a departing/graduating 4th year. Before I move for residency, I need to sell a computer desk. I posted an ad in the classifieds forum, if anybody is interested. Good luck in medical school future M.D.s!!

I thought welcome weekend was awesome! I was able to find an apt. for next year close to the medical center. The apt. complex is called The Villas of St. Moritz...off of Lamb and Babcock....I hope everyone at least had an idea of where they would like to live....See you all in July!

I thought welcome weekend was awesome! I was able to find an apt. for next year close to the medical center. The apt. complex is called The Villas of St. Moritz...off of Lamb and Babcock....I hope everyone at least had an idea of where they would like to live....See you all in July!

If everything goes well with the house sale here, we're planning to buy a house/condo/townhouse down in SA.

Can we invite siblings as well to whitecoat or is it just parents?

If everything goes well with the house sale here, we're planning to buy a house/condo/townhouse down in SA.

Can we invite siblings as well to whitecoat or is it just parents?

We could invite whoever we wanted - seating was really limited though - so if you've got that aunt that always goes like 4 hours early to functions to get a good seat... use her!

I hope y'all enjoyed the welcome weekend. Welcome again! Also, I don't know if you got a chance to look over in the Kenton Place neighborhoods - they are off of Cinammon Hill from Hamilton Wolfe - maybe a 5 minute drive to campus - there's a ton of houses over here for rent. We'll be leaving at the end of May, and there's three others on our block for sale/rent. Cookie cutter houses with small yards, but quiet neighborhood and decent schools. 3Br/2.5 bath houses run about $1000/month for rent.

To the parking list question - there are 5 Zones for parking - Zone 5 is available right away but is not on the main campus, it's a few block hike or you can ride a shuttle. The waiting lists are for the other Zones. Zone 4 is still a long hike but all on campus so you aren't crossing busy streets and walking in tall, itchy grass. Zone 3 is a bit closer - that's where I still am. Zone two is much closer, but for the price, most students who are going to pay big bucks for parking choose Zone 1 - which is garage or really close outside the garage. You can only be on one list at a time, so you get a space available in Zone 5 and pick a zone to be on the waiting list for.

We could invite whoever we wanted - seating was really limited though - so if you've got that aunt that always goes like 4 hours early to functions to get a good seat... use her!

I hope y'all enjoyed the welcome weekend. Welcome again! Also, I don't know if you got a chance to look over in the Kenton Place neighborhoods - they are off of Cinammon Hill from Hamilton Wolfe - maybe a 5 minute drive to campus - there's a ton of houses over here for rent. We'll be leaving at the end of May, and there's three others on our block for sale/rent. Cookie cutter houses with small yards, but quiet neighborhood and decent schools. 3Br/2.5 bath houses run about $1000/month for rent.

To the parking list question - there are 5 Zones for parking - Zone 5 is available right away but is not on the main campus, it's a few block hike or you can ride a shuttle. The waiting lists are for the other Zones. Zone 4 is still a long hike but all on campus so you aren't crossing busy streets and walking in tall, itchy grass. Zone 3 is a bit closer - that's where I still am. Zone two is much closer, but for the price, most students who are going to pay big bucks for parking choose Zone 1 - which is garage or really close outside the garage. You can only be on one list at a time, so you get a space available in Zone 5 and pick a zone to be on the waiting list for.

Word on the street is June 18th is the day we can begin to get on the list. Mark your calendars folks. YMMV.

Welcome Weekend was great. I thought they really put on a good show. It would have been nice to have handouts from the morning presenters' powerpoints (especially the one on curriculum, etc.).

The Parade of Homes was good, and I found a lot of places worth looking into. It seems that it will be an apartment for the first 6-12 months while getting a feel for the housing market in SA.

On apartments, I liked Carlyle, The Abby, and The Lodge (on price). I got a great impression from Promontory Point (great looking, big rooms, nice accommodations), but on apartmentratings.com it has one of the worst ratings and tons of really negative feedback (numerous car breakins/theft, rapes, etc.).

Anyone else have different opinions or insights, or any vets have any firsthand experience with Promontory?

Good luck to all in the house search.

Welcome Weekend was great. I thought they really put on a good show. It would have been nice to have handouts from the morning presenters' powerpoints (especially the one on curriculum, etc.).

The Parade of Homes was good, and I found a lot of places worth looking into. It seems that it will be an apartment for the first 6-12 months while getting a feel for the housing market in SA.

On apartments, I liked Carlyle, The Abby, and The Lodge (on price). I got a great impression from Promontory Point (great looking, big rooms, nice accommodations), but on apartmentratings.com it has one of the worst ratings and tons of really negative feedback (numerous car breakins/theft, rapes, etc.).

Anyone else have different opinions or insights, or any vets have any firsthand experience with Promontory?

Good luck to all in the house search.

I've got a friend who's lived there all 4 years without any problems. There are some scuzzy apartments just down the road from it though, but since it's gated, it's not that bad.

There is also a brand new apartment complex <1 yr old on Callaghan Rd just to the I-10 side of Fredricksburg road that look to be nice, haven't seen inside.

Can anyone give any insight on San Antonio Station Apartments? Thank you!

They were really cheap and really close but ranked a little low on the quality and safety quotients in my opinion.

They are rather small and creepy. The location (wrt to school) is awesome though.

I heard the lodge, even though (and maybe even because) it is really cheap, there are alot of crimes that go on there. I went couple times and the people that live there didn't exactly look professional.

Hey guys! I'm a current MS1 and I wanted to welcome you all to UTHSCSA. I've been really happy here and I hope you all will have the same experience. Last year we really utilized SDN and I was able to obtain good advice that helped me make good decisions in the move down here. I'll do my best to answer any questions I can!

Kay guys, things I wish I'd known this time last year.

So most of you have heard there is quite a waiting list for "good" parking. It's true. In the beginning, almost everyone has Zone 5 parking which is a lot at the North Campus a few blocks away. There is a shuttle that runs between that lot and right in front of the med school and outside of the anatomy lab and other places. It's a pain, but just remember it's temporary and we all did it. There will be shuttle schedules available (also online at the police dept. website). If it wasn't too hot or I had just missed the shuttle, I just walked. Some people prefer to walk all of the time. And don't forget that after 5, anyone with a parking tag can park anywhere on campus. So if you wanna head to the library after school hours, you can't park right in front.

When you go to pick up your school ID you will be able to put your name on a parking lot wait list. Within some of the zones, there are specific lots that you can get a reserved spot at. You can choose a zone and the first available lot or you can choose a specific lot to wait for. You can only have your name on one list at a time though. I went in to the parking office as soon as I got into SA which means I was able to get on a list before most of the dental students and before most of the med students. I highly recommend stopping in as early as you can. I can't remember when the first day of registration is, but I went in around July 15? I'm sure you could call and find out what the start date is this year.

Zone 4 is the first lot that will become available, although I highly recommend not putting your name on this list. The advantage to zone 4 over 5 is that it's on campus. While it's still quite a walk, you can leave without being at the mercy of the shuttle. Around October, there will be a ton of spots in Zone 4 and you'll be able to walk right into the parking office and buy a zone 4 tag without being on the zone 4 list.

Most students will sign up for Zone 3. It's a huge area that's close to the nursing and dental schools. Since our med school is attached to the dental school, you can walk through the building to get to class. I haven't ever parked in zone 3, but when I was in zone 4 I noticed that the spots were full almost up where zone 4 started when I arrive to campus at 11. If you get to school earlier or at lunch/afternoon you should be able to park a little closer.

When I signed up for parking in June, I put my name on the list for zone 2, lots 1, 2, and 4. I just got a reserved spot in lot 2 a couple of weeks ago. It was defiinitely worth the wait. I know park right outside of the medical school and my walk-in time went from 15 minutes to 1. It is a bit more expensive ($504/yr), but it's all about how much you care about walking. As a chick who likes to wear heals on CAP days and hates the heat, it's worth it to me. You can also sign up for zone 2 unreserved, although those few rows of spots in front of the library seem to fill up early in the morning. If you want a reserved zone 2 spot, I recommend signing up for the first available from lots 1, 2, and 4. There doesn't seem to be much turn over in lot 1 (right in front of the school and library) and you pretty much have to wait for a faculty member to retire or move. :)

If you put your name on a list and they call you to let you know that spot is available, you can swap out your tage and put your name on another list. So if getting on campus is the most important thing to you, you can wait for zone 4 and then move your name onto a closer list. I think the key is to get on the list before the dental students and nursing student register. Hope this helps. Lemme know if you have more questions.

I know someone who lives at San Antonio Station and I think he's happy with it. All he has to do is walk across the street and he's practically at the med school. He didn't need to buy a parking tag which can save quite a bit of money if that's of concern.

I didn't care for Promontory Point when I was looking around last year. There didn't seem to be any parking available (which is definitely an issue for med students since tend to roll in at all hours of the night after everyone else is already home). Also, I didn't like the idea of cheating death every morning upon exiting the complex. The visibilty is poor when you exit since it's at the bottom of a curvy hill and cars come flying past. Would hate to think of it on a rainy/icy day. They did have great floorplans though.

A lot of med students live at the Lodge and you can walk to school if you want. If you check out the Lodge and look across the street, you're looking at lot 17. :) Some people who live there walk across the street and catch the shuttle in. Just a heads up though, apparently one year not too long ago a resident let in someone he knew, something happened, and he the friend ended up shooting the resident. Not sure how indicative this is of the type of people who live there. I stayed with someone at the Lodge last year during welcome weekend and I didn't feel unsafe and they had a decent place.

Anyone do the prematriculation summer program?

Or tested out of biochemistry?

Thanks!

Wow Dr. Girlfriend! Thanks for all of the parking info. We’ve been trying to energize this thread for a while; you guys were pages in by this time last year. We need some more kind input from current students and hopefully some more great questions from us newbies.

The placing out question is a good one, though we have yet to hear anything truly definitive from someone who has or knows someone who has.

Thanks again for all your input.

Dr. GF, what insights do you have on financial aid?

What should we expect to hear from the Financial Aid Office (i.e. WHEN???, how much, scholarship possibilities, etc.)?

I know we had ~7 students take the biochem exam to test out and we had 1 student pass. I did not try the test so I cannot help you out on that one....but I heard it was really really hard.

From what I have heard that's the consensus.

To add to the apartment/living situation discussion, aTmchick was kind enough to allow me to post our PM conversation on Promontory and parking.

Thanks again aTmchick! :)

Hopefully this helps you guys too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aTmchick06
Hey there!

Here is what I know about Promontory. I am a current MS1...lived in SA my whole life (but not this area) but my dad worked in the med center for like 20 years. They would absolutely not let me consider living at Promontory because it is surrounded by section 8 apartments and housing (hence the higher crime rates). I would (personally) stay away from that area... I chose to live in a neighborhood.....but from your other choices I know of people who live in Carlysle Place and the Lodge and its great. Personally...if I were to pick - I would pick the Lodge because you can easily walk to campus BUT my tankmate lives in Car. PLace and LOVES it (is staying there all 4 years)....I hope this helps!!!

Originally Posted by Gobble Town
Quote:

Thanks so much. Great advice. I had heard about the section 8 problems, but this confirms it. How far-reaching are these problems (i.e. what are the specific locales that we should definitely avoid).

Thanks again.

Originally Posted by aTmchick06
Ok, well I would avoid Datapoint and Fredricksburg close to 410. I would DEFINATELY stay outside of Loop 410 because crime tends to skyrocket the further inside you get. I live off of Babcock and Lamb (like 3 miles from school) and feel perfectly safe....So my advice is to either live at one of the apartments near the school (I love being close to school...I would be miserable if I lived far....especially since I pick and choose what classes I go to) there are also several nice places in the Babcock area...Huebner Rd.......alot of people live in apartments on Hamilton Wolfe - close to school and I feel its safe (its very close to me)....my biggest point is stay away from the loop...

3 things:

1) Who should we contact about the Biochem test out... And when do we take that test

2) When will scholarships start to be given out? Also, is UTSA pretty good about giving scholarships?

3) I can't wait to get started. I got my packet of everything today in the mail!

Thanks Guys!!

Also, what's the prematriculation summer program?

Anyone do the prematriculation summer program?

Or tested out of biochemistry?

Thanks!

About placing out of biochem . . . There will be an announcement made once you get to school (either during orientation week or the first week of class - I really can't remember) about the exact date of the placement exam. Last year it was definitely after school started so don't worry about missing it. We did have a guy place out this year. This time last year the advice given to us was that Lippincott's Biochemistry and the BRS Biochem book were useful study aides. We were also told that even with degrees in biochem the test can be difficult to pass since there tends to be a lot of disease states on it, which might not have been covered in a non-medically geared biochem course. I wish I could tell you guys more about the test, but I got a speeding ticket on campus on the way to the exam and had to miss it . . . let it be said that the speed limit is 15 which is even slower than we go for 5 year olds chasing balls out into the street . . .

Anyway, try to test out if you want, but definitely don't be stressed if you don't.

And I have no idea what the prematriculation summer program is. :/ Sorry I can't be more helpful there.

Dr. GF, what insights do you have on financial aid?

What should we expect to hear from the Financial Aid Office (i.e. WHEN???, how much, scholarship possibilities, etc.)?

You guys should be getting info on financial aid before too long. I remember thinking they were sending it out kinda late last year. You'll be getting some forms and they'll give you a list of lenders to choose from. I chose Wells Fargo since I bank there anyway. They're all pretty similar, but some offer minor rewards when you start repayment. You can call the lender and see what their current deal is.

I think the best advice for right now is to fill out FAFSA as soon as possible. You guys should be about done with your tax stuff by now so that makes the process a lot easier. And FYI you don't have to fill out the parent info on it since you are now all independents.

As for the scholarships . . . I'm not too sure about these. It's not like undergrad where they give you money just for going to the school. I think there were a few applications handed out at welcome weekend. Did anyone pick those up? In grad school the question turns into how much subsidized loan money can I get. :) And that depends on how much you made last year, how much you're worth right now, and that kind of stuff.

There are private scholarships out there that you can search for on the internet or use FastWeb. Just be careful about they ones that ask something of you in return upon completion of school. Like if you fill out a scholarship app for students going into family practice, they may require you to work for them for a year or two after you graduate.

Hope that helps. I'm just not too familiar with any scholarships that our school offers.

hi guys,

i see you guys are looking for apartments so i just wanted to put in a good word for mine. it's called "enclave at buckhorn crossing" and it's located on prue rd at babcock. it's about 10 mins from school, so it's not as close as some others, but i kind of like that. i live in a 1 bedroom, it's a good size and i pay around $640 (with my student discount and move in incentives and all that). the maintanence is great (i've only needed them once but the came right away after hours) and the amenities are pretty good too. for the most part it's a quiet place, safe, not much rif raf. good luck finding a place. :luck:

To add to the apartment/living situation discussion, aTmchick was kind enough to allow me to post our PM conversation on Promontory and parking.

Thanks again aTmchick! :)

Hopefully this helps you guys too.

What's wrong with datapoint?

If your house is close enough to the school to drive a scooter (or your parent's beat up moped), the parking for both motorcycles and mopeds is crazy close to both the lecture halls and the anatomy labs.
Here is a link to the parking map.
The "MC" in Lot 2 stands for motorcycles/scooters.
Things not shown:
#1:The bicycle/moped parking adjacent to the Student Services building
#2: The moped/scooter/motorcycle parking right between the Dental school and Central energy plant (50' from the anatomy labs).

And best of all,
Parking costs ~ $36/year for a 2-wheeled vehicle.
The only drawbacks are rainy mornings where you might have to drive your car to the visitor’s parking and pay $5 a day. But seeing as how it rains about 3 school days out of the year I think it is a good investment.

I was wanting input from current students about the medical insurance that the school offers. What do you like/dislike about it? Is it worth it? If you don't have MegaLife do you suggest another insurance company. Thanks for any input!

I was wanting input from current students about the medical insurance that the school offers. What do you like/dislike about it? Is it worth it? If you don't have MegaLife do you suggest another insurance company. Thanks for any input!

i got megalife b/c we had to have insurance and it was the cheapest........but from what i hear, you get what you pay for. i couldn't really answer specifics b/c i never took the time to look at it, but the students affectionately call it megadeath. i have never even used it, which is another reason i got the cheapest.....b/c i don't really go to the doctor much. i am basically playing the odds that i won't end up hospitalized over the next few years.

Hey, Just thought that I'd put this out there for anyone interested in sharing a really sweet pad with a couple of second years. We're looking for two more roommates to move in July-ish. Pass this on to any of your newbie buddies too, please!

Details:

5 bedroom house
3,000 sq. feet
2 1/2 bath
2 story
2 car garage
2 living rooms (1 formal/1 family)
dining room
Huge kitchen
Back wooden deck

Monthly payment of $600will include rent, wireless internet, cable tv (w/ big screen in living room), home alarm system, water, electricity, washer/dryer, ping pong table!!, bbq pit, etc. You will only be responsible for paying for your own food.

If I win the lotto over the summer I may even buy a pool table...j/k.

Anyone interested, call me on my cell or PM Brandon (that's me).

Victor J. Trevino
5758 Watercress Dr.
San Antonio TX 78238
(361)229-3111 (cell)
(210)375-9279 (home)

If your house is close enough to the school to drive a scooter (or your parent's beat up moped), the parking for both motorcycles and mopeds is crazy close to both the lecture halls and the anatomy labs.
Here is a link to the parking map.
The "MC" in Lot 2 stands for motorcycles/scooters.
Things not shown:
#1:The bicycle/moped parking adjacent to the Student Services building
#2: The moped/scooter/motorcycle parking right between the Dental school and Central energy plant (50' from the anatomy labs).

And best of all,
Parking costs ~ $36/year for a 2-wheeled vehicle.
The only drawbacks are rainy mornings where you might have to drive your car to the visitor's parking and pay $5 a day. But seeing as how it rains about 3 school days out of the year I think it is a good investment.

What about for bicycles or puny electric scooters? Is there a free rack, or do you have to pay for everything?

Ok well here is how it works I believe - IF you have a parking pass then you get one free pass for either a bicycle or scooter/bike of some sort. I have both...I have a parking pass that is in zone 4...and I got a free parking sticker for my scooter ( it's a cute scooter at least! ha...)

The bicycle parking and scooter/bike parking IS EXTREMELY close which is why I bought the scooter....I just haven't driven it recently because of construction on medical.

Ok well here is how it works I believe - IF you have a parking pass then you get one free pass for either a bicycle or scooter/bike of some sort. I have both...I have a parking pass that is in zone 4...and I got a free parking sticker for my scooter ( it's a cute scooter at least! ha...)

The bicycle parking and scooter/bike parking IS EXTREMELY close which is why I bought the scooter....I just haven't driven it recently because of construction on medical.

What kind of scooter do you have? Vespa-type or a $300 skateboard with a seat? I have had a few of the latter and expect to get another one for SA.

Vespa-type...it goes a maximum of 45mph which is perfect for going down Medical...

Vespa-type...it goes a maximum of 45mph which is perfect for going down Medical...

KEWL! Where did you get it/how much or should I just get a cheapo skateboard-type, assuming I'll likely be leaving from carlyle place (mile'ish each way).