UT College of Pharmacy 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It does not seem quite fair that they would evaluate some applications from the first interview but not all, does anyone agree? But I guess life is not fair... it is just very depressing...sorry can not get out of bed...:sleep:

Does anyone know the next date they will send out acceptances like maybe a UT student...?

So much for staying positive. You can call it unfair if you want. I actually think it's a good thing, because they go over each application very thoroughly and don't throw them into a pile of accepts and rejects after spending 5 minutes on each. The entire candidate (the whole package) is evaluated very carefully--all aspects of the candidate, not just whether or not they did research in some program or happen to know one of the faculty. So because of this, it takes longer. As far as I know, they don't have a specific order when they review applications after each interview round. They just start at the top of the pile and spend a good amount of time on each candidate.

Acceptances will probably continue going out through tomorrow. Next round of acceptances will be about 2-3 weeks after the 2nd round of interviews.

Members don't see this ad.

The next round of interviews is 2/27-2/28, and the timetable for decisions is around the same, I imagine--it looks like you guys got an answer in about two-ish weeks. So that's probably a safe bet for the second round as well.

So much for staying positive. You can call it unfair if you want. I actually think it's a good thing, because they go over each application very thoroughly and don't throw them into a pile of accepts and rejects after spending 5 minutes on each. The entire candidate (the whole package) is evaluated very carefully--all aspects of the candidate, not just whether or not they did research in some program or happen to know one of the faculty. So because of this, it takes longer. As far as I know, they don't have a specific order when they review applications after each interview round. They just start at the top of the pile and spend a good amount of time on each candidate.

Acceptances will probably continue going out through tomorrow. Next round of acceptances will be about 2-3 weeks after the 2nd round of interviews.

That is true I did not think of it in that way, thanks for helping me not feel bad anymore. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
The next round of interviews is 2/27-2/28, and the timetable for decisions is around the same, I imagine--it looks like you guys got an answer in about two-ish weeks. So that's probably a safe bet for the second round as well.

Will they continue sending out acceptances through the next few days to week? Or was today the only day for acceptances for the early interviews?

I got accepted!!!! Woohoooo =)

Richard Wilcox sent me the email. I think it was a mass email cause it said 'TO: LIST'

My stats: GPA 3.54, PCAT : 76%

Will they continue sending out acceptances through the next few days to week? Or was today the only day for acceptances for the early interviews?

I think they're usually out in a couple of days.

I got accepted!!!! Woohoooo =)

Richard Wilcox sent me the email. I think it was a mass email cause it said 'TO: LIST'

My stats: GPA 3.54, PCAT : 76%

Congratulations!!

So will the decisions for the second round come before or after spring break? (or even during the break)

Congrats Texas PharmDoc!

So will the decisions for the second round come before or after spring break? (or even during the break)

I'm pretty sure they're aiming for before the break, because the interviews are set a couple weeks earlier than last year. I remember I interviewed second round the DAY BEFORE SPRING BREAK, and I couldn't enjoy a second of my break. I don't think they'll do that to you guys. :)

Hey y'all! Here's a question to current pharmD students. Do you know who I can talk to at UT regarding financial aid as an out-of-state student? Is there any way to qualify for in-state tuition as an out-of-stater?

I found out today that I got into the program. Now I just need to tackle the $$ issue :(.

Thanks for your help!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey y'all! Here's a question to current pharmD students. Do you know who I can talk to at UT regarding financial aid as an out-of-state student? Is there any way to qualify for in-state tuition as an out-of-stater?

I found out today that I got into the program. Now I just need to tackle the $$ issue :(.

Thanks for your help!!

The best person to ask about stuff like that would be our advisor, Greg Caldera. I don't know about qualifying as an out-of-stater, but I'm sure Greg does, and if he doesn't, he can't point you somewhere else.

Just celebrate about getting in right now!:)

all these excitement and it makes me nervous...now just have to wait for the next 24hours to see if i get an interview...

happy hounds...
i retook the pcat on october (right smack in the middle of exams when i was taking 8hrs and working 36-40hrs/week...and you know what i do...) needless to say, i bombed it. so i retook it on january and told dr. wilcox.
i don't think my pcat scores are in yet. or at least i haven't gotten them in the mail yet. soo...i guess i probably won't get an invite for the next round, huh? :scared: i probably know the answer to that question, but just thought i'd ask someone else to confirm what i think

So I haven't received any word anything from UT today and it's a pretty big bummer to be sure. Are they continuing to send invites out tomorrow and Wednesday or is it just Tuesday and rejects/defers on Wednesday?

by the way, aren't you supposed to be REALLLY busy now??? :) how the heck do you find time to answer all of our crazy questions? j/k. you know who i don't see around here though...where is REDLEY?

all these excitement and it makes me nervous...now just have to wait for the next 24hours to see if i get an interview...

happy hounds...
i retook the pcat on october (right smack in the middle of exams when i was taking 8hrs and working 36-40hrs/week...and you know what i do...) needless to say, i bombed it. so i retook it on january and told dr. wilcox.
i don't think my pcat scores are in yet. or at least i haven't gotten them in the mail yet. soo...i guess i probably won't get an invite for the next round, huh? :scared: i probably know the answer to that question, but just thought i'd ask someone else to confirm what i think

No worries :) I'm sure you'll get an invite next round. They usually do have to wait until the PCAT scores come in. Yes I'm super busy...but you know...it gets a little boring sometimes in certain classes...and I heard acceptances went out, so I thought I'd see what was going on on SDN.

Good luck! Email me if you have any more questions.

Anybody received invites for the next round yet???

Congratulations to all of you that got in!

I am a first rounder that hasn't heard back yet. I emailed Dr. Wilcox last night and haven't heard from him yet which frightens me a little bit because he is usually so prompt with responses but I am sure this is a really bad time for him and I already feel bad for wasting his time with a question that I will get answered soon enough anyways. Hope he understands the torture I (we?) are going through. heh.

Hopefully the lack of a response isn't spelling that I am getting a rejection from snail mail soon but if Pandora can hold on to hope so can I.

I figured it was unfair of me to refresh every second waiting for people's status updates to see where I am without putting in my own status.

Buttttt seriously, congratulations to all of you who got in. I hope to get the priviledge of calling you guys my classmates soon enough.

Also congratulations in advance to the people who are probably going to get an interview invite today. Good Luck!!

PS: Hi Happy Hound! You have been really awesome. Maybe you can guess who I am? =)

I'm in the same boat as you are Bear :( Have not heard anything back yet :( Just hoping that they are still sending out acceptance emails and that it will be there when I get back from OChem Lab (would b a nice surprise)

^^

Hey guys... got some... neutral news? hah

I've been deferred. :oops:
I guess this just brings more excitement to my life for a little while longer. :)

Hi guys,

This is my first time to actually write something on this thread, but has anyone received an email for the second round of interview invites? I am so anxious and nervoussss! Any information would be greatly appreciated :)

Hey guys... got some... neutral news? hah

I've been deferred. :oops:
I guess this just brings more excitement to my life for a little while longer. :)

Did you get a mass email of being deferred or did Mr. Wilcox answer your question/e-mail? Because I have not received anything yet...Hope that does not mean that I was rejected haha. Maybe I should e-mail him too? or be patient? Probably be patient. But UH is requiring us to select them by March 2nd. I hope UT willl send out a second round of acceptances before then so i can make a choice. Anybody in the same boat?

Did you get a mass email of being deferred or did Mr. Wilcox answer your question/e-mail? Because I have not received anything yet...Hope that does not mean that I was rejected haha. Maybe I should e-mail him too? or be patient? Probably be patient. But UH is requiring us to select them by March 2nd. I hope UT willl send out a second round of acceptances before then so i can make a choice. Anybody in the same boat?

I'm not saying this to rain on your parade, but the second round of interviews isn't until 2/27-2/28, so the admissions committee meeting wouldn't be until after March 2nd.

You should hear SOMETHING by the end of this week. If you don't, you should e-mail Dr. Wilcox.

hey guys any news on d invites the day is almost over

It was a response to my email asking him. I have not gotten an official email from them yet. The email said that I am to be deferred until March 12th which is the next admissions meeting. I am guessing then that we should expect something around March 13-14th.

Hi guys,

This is my first time to actually write something on this thread, but has anyone received an email for the second round of interview invites? I am so anxious and nervoussss! Any information would be greatly appreciated :)
still waiting...:)

has anyone got a second round invite i checked my email and nothing i feel like my stomach is going to fall out my butt. :(

do you all think they didnt send the invites out, or those of us posting didnt get an invite. Which of theese is more probable?

i'm still waiting too.. :(

I didn't receive my interview invite for Austin until like 5ish so I think they probably have not send it out yet.

i don't think my stats suck so i would of least thought to get an invite

:( i can't take the waiting, i need to study for my micro bio test but i keep refreshing my inbox im going crazy here :scared:

:( i can't take the waiting, i need to study for my micro bio test but i keep refreshing my inbox im going crazy here :scared:

I feel you, I am in class right now, but I am posting on SDN

Still haven't heard anything. I really hope the adcom send them out by dinner.

I guess since none of us have received any emails about interviews, I am hoping that means they haven't sent them out yet. Let's just cross our fingers and hope so....:xf:

yeah I'm in anatomy lab right now...but posting on SDN...

Texas PharmDoc, SR88, and anyone else who was admitted, join the facebook group "UT College of Pharmacy Class of 2013"!!! And spread the word! :)

Are the interview invites being sent out today for sure?

hopefully UT will send them out tomorrow then...

Hey guys, I wouldn't worry too much about not getting any news about the interviews. For the first round I had a bunch of my friends telling me that they got interviews the same day I did. Today nobody I know has gotten an interview that was waiting for one. I doubt that none of them were qualified for one. I still have faith in all of you!

BTW quick question for whoever might be able to chime in. So for the people that got deferred I hear that they get reviewed before the second rounders... Does this mean that the next set of acceptances would a decent look at if we are to get in or not? Are there normally many people who get deferred more than once or does the admissions team generally know after two meetings whether they want that candidate?

Thanks guys!

Congratulations to all of you that got in!

I am a first rounder that hasn't heard back yet. I emailed Dr. Wilcox last night and haven't heard from him yet which frightens me a little bit because he is usually so prompt with responses but I am sure this is a really bad time for him and I already feel bad for wasting his time with a question that I will get answered soon enough anyways. Hope he understands the torture I (we?) are going through. heh.

Hopefully the lack of a response isn't spelling that I am getting a rejection from snail mail soon but if Pandora can hold on to hope so can I.

I figured it was unfair of me to refresh every second waiting for people's status updates to see where I am without putting in my own status.

Buttttt seriously, congratulations to all of you who got in. I hope to get the priviledge of calling you guys my classmates soon enough.

Also congratulations in advance to the people who are probably going to get an interview invite today. Good Luck!!

PS: Hi Happy Hound! You have been really awesome. Maybe you can guess who I am? =)

Awww, I'm guessing who you are now and wondering if maybe they didn't get to look at your app again a 2nd time before the cutoff. :( No worries though...remember the others who got in after a deferment to the next round last year? Like someone you worked with? They will for sure look at your app by next round if you get deferred now. In the meantime, stay positive as best you can (I know it's ridiculously hard...but try.)

And don't feel bad for emailing Dr. Wilcox. So long as it's not every week about every little thing, he's actually amazingly patient and supportive of all the applicants. He really does understand the anxieties all of you are feeling. But you're right, he's super busy, too, so don't worry if he can't get back to you immediately. He should within a day or two (torture, I know, but he WILL answer your email.) In the meantime, try to keep smiling! :D