USUHS Class of 2012 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I would say, once you've raised your hand and sworn the oath, then it is too late.

I agree with the above statement. Much to late for second thoughts once the oath has been taken.

Members don't see this ad.

Is anybody out there hearing any info on if the waitlist is moving much at all? Has anybody gleaned any insight from the admissions office on what to expect? Standing by.......................

I apparently have too much time on my hands. Just a quick FYI for those on the waitlist, I called the admissions office this morning to find out about when the most movement takes place and as expected they said around the 15th of May. One piece of good information was that she did say that 80% of the people on the waitlist last year got a seat in the class for Fall 2007. So, there is hope!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Nice thread. I like the info on the wait list statistics. I am a late comer, my secondary application went in late (early December) and I interviewed on Valentine's Day. It's 4 weeks since the interview for me right now. I am fully expecting the wait list call in about a month. I did get physically qualified a couple of weeks ago, so I'm ahead on that front.

A few questions for those of you on the wait list...

Did you generally hear from the admissions office during the time frame they stated (for me, this is supposed to be 8 - 10 weeks)?

Are there many Navy folks on the wait list right now (just raise your hand)? Yeah, like that info will be really accurate from this thread.

And most importantly (at least I think it is for me):
Does anyone know if wait listed individuals are put at the back of the line or ranked within the current wait list? I've seen this questions before in the thread, but I have not seen an answer. With my late interview, I guess the latter would be beneficial for me.

Thanks to whoever got the 80% of 2007 students came from the wait list statistic!

Boardrider, I'm sorry I didn't post a response to you sooner. I interviewed on the same date as you and yes, I am in the Army National Guard (I was in uniform that day-- I was the only Army SGT there, I believe). Anyway, I was waitlisted as well. I am hoping the wait list moves along pretty quickly because I really want to go to USUHS. I was accepted to another school and the due date for their fees is in July (in the ballpark of $40K). I have already paid the fee to hold a seat in that class just in case I don't get into USUHS ($1500) and I have completed everything necessary for HPSP as a backup... I wish you the best of luck at your DO interview coming up so you can have a backup, too. I am sure you will get in there if you were recommended for acceptance at USUHS.

Kevlaina, according to the blue form in our packet, "the wait list is ranked according to the date of your interview, your overall competitiveness and your current military status".

Does anyone know when USUHS started putting people on waitlist? And when is their last interview date? From this thread, seems like the waitlist started for those who interviewed as early as Jan 10. Thanks.

Does anyone know when USUHS started putting people on waitlist? And when is their last interview date? From this thread, seems like the waitlist started for those who interviewed as early as Jan 10. Thanks.

Based on earlier posts in this thread, I believe I saw some AF applicants waitlisted on Nov. 29th and Army applicants waitlisted on Dec. 6th. Not sure when the first Navy folks were waitlisted. I tried to ask the admissions people that when I called, but I am not sure my question was very clear, because I didn't get an answer.

Based on earlier posts in this thread, I believe I saw some AF applicants waitlisted on Nov. 29th and Army applicants waitlisted on Dec. 6th. Not sure when the first Navy folks were waitlisted. I tried to ask the admissions people that when I called, but I am not sure my question was very clear, because I didn't get an answer.

I'm Navy and I was waitlisted from a Dec 13th interview...

I agree with the above statement. Much to late for second thoughts once the oath has been taken.

It probably should be, but there were rumors that an SDN user that would have been USUHS class of 2009 backed out of officer training partway through and since he hadn't started school, he avoided incurring a military commitment. I think the no-joke line is matriculation and you'd probably have to fight to get out after you've signed anything.

Be sure you want to come here before you do. 10 years (3 years residency + 7 year committment) is serious!

There's a class of 2012 group on Facebook if you're really gung-ho.

How many people are in that group? I don't have facebook, but just trying to get an idea of how many people are intending on staying in the class (rather than those that are undecided about usuhs or holding their seat as a backup plan till May).

It probably should be, but there were rumors that an SDN user that would have been USUHS class of 2009 backed out of officer training partway through and since he hadn't started school, he avoided incurring a military commitment. I think the no-joke line is matriculation and you'd probably have to fight to get out after you've signed anything.

Be sure you want to come here before you do. 10 years (3 years residency + 7 year committment) is serious!

If you are serious enough about getting out then it is always possible, but not easy or recommended. Hopefully someone would only resort to leaving for a serious circumstance. One common way in boot camp: Soldiers failing the PT test enough times that they are finally let go.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people are in that group? I don't have facebook, but just trying to get an idea of how many people are intending on staying in the class (rather than those that are undecided about usuhs or holding their seat as a backup plan till May).

There are about 44 people on the 2012 page. Most are already accepted and definite about going to USUHS. The rest are people from class 2011 who are really helpful/informative. A couple people are there as hopefuls.

As of October I've been USUHS Army bound. All of my paperwork has been sent to Miss Taylor (with the addendum for the new OBC date).

Has anyone received their orders for any of the branches or know when we should expect them?

For those of you who are committed to USUHS, any thoughts on what you're going to do about finding housing?

Cheers

PS: I left Facebook last May when I graduated from college and hopefully won't go back. So feel free to shoot me a private message if you're in the same boat (headed to USUHS next year).

For those who asked, I am Navy and interviewed Nov 29th and was waitlisted.

Can someone list out the steps of the process from receiving the letter of unconditional acceptance to when school starts this fall at USU? (at what point is the oath taken? comm. paper work? OBLC?) And if you still have to decide between USU and civilian, at what point in the process are you bound to the military's service agreements?

Can someone list out the steps of the process from receiving the letter of unconditional acceptance to when school starts this fall at USU? (at what point is the oath taken? comm. paper work? OBLC?) And if you still have to decide between USU and civilian, at what point in the process are you bound to the military's service agreements?

You don't want to go to USUHS, I hear your civilian school is much better. Plus, you don't want to owe your life to the military, get deployed, have little say on your medical specialty, have nurses as your supervisors, etc, etc, etc.

You don't want to go to USUHS, I hear your civilian school is much better. Plus, you don't want to owe your life to the military, get deployed, have little say on your medical specialty, have nurses as your supervisors, etc, etc, etc.

And the point of this post was what? You didn't answer the previous posts questions that you quoted.

Has anybody waitlisted for 2008 been accepted off the waitlist yet?

Has anybody waitlisted for 2008 been accepted off the waitlist yet?

I've already posted this a few times but I will again to give you something positive: I interviewed Dec 6, was waitlisted in early February, and then was accepted the very end of February. I've recently received my unconditional as well.

I was thinking it wouldn't be til April or May if it happened, but it was a nice early surprise; I definitely wasn't expecting the call that I received that day. So they may be steadily calling people and SDN is a smaller pool when it comes to USUHS. Hope you get some good news soon!

I've already posted this a few times but I will again to give you something positive: I interviewed Dec 6, was waitlisted in early February, and then was accepted the very end of February. I've recently received my unconditional as well.

I was thinking it wouldn't be til April or May if it happened, but it was a nice early surprise; I definitely wasn't expecting the call that I received that day. So they may be steadily calling people and SDN is a smaller pool when it comes to USUHS. Hope you get some good news soon!

What service did you get your offer for?

Anyone else have heard back about their waitlist status? Thanks.

anyone know how the alternate list works? pretty dejected :(

This is my second year applying. I was on the waitlist last year and ended up being passed by. I did however gain a lot of knowledge on how it works.

Wait list gets picked first then to the alternate list. If you are on the wait list you MUST be medically qualified BEFORE you can be pulled off and offered an acceptance. That means people high on the wait list can be passed bye by those lower as long as the lower candidate is medically qualified.

I would love to come to USUHS, but I am just now getting my physical done due to some philandering by DoDMERB. Anyhow, I did get into another school so I have a back up if USUHS doesn't pan out.

Best of luck those still waiting to find out...it is agonizing :eek:

This is my second year applying. I was on the waitlist last year and ended up being passed by. I did however gain a lot of knowledge on how it works.

Wait list gets picked first then to the alternate list. If you are on the wait list you MUST be medically qualified BEFORE you can be pulled off and offered an acceptance. That means people high on the wait list can be passed bye by those lower as long as the lower candidate is medically qualified.

I would love to come to USUHS, but I am just now getting my physical done due to some philandering by DoDMERB. Anyhow, I did get into another school so I have a back up if USUHS doesn't pan out.

Best of luck those still waiting to find out...it is agonizing :eek:

When did you interview last year? Also, are you waitlisted this year or do you have a conditional acceptance?

Does anyone know how what branch you're on the waitlist for affects when and if you will get an acceptance?

Who else is on the waitlist boat and for what branch?

Does anyone know how what branch you're on the waitlist for affects when and if you will get an acceptance?

Who else is on the waitlist boat and for what branch?

Waitlist 1st - PHS
2nd - Air Force
3rd - Navy

So I haven't been active in posting anything, but have really appreciated this forum while on the waitlist, so I thought I'd give you all some hope!

I just got accepted off the Air Force waitlist yesterday. I interviewed 13 Dec in case you care. Good luck to you all, and hang in there, I'm sure there will be A LOT of movement from here till 15 May!

For what it is worth, I called the admissions office the other day and they said that the waitlist is moving slowly right now, but will move quite significantly (hopefully) on or after May 15.

So I haven't been active in posting anything, but have really appreciated this forum while on the waitlist, so I thought I'd give you all some hope!

I just got accepted off the Air Force waitlist yesterday. I interviewed 13 Dec in case you care. Good luck to you all, and hang in there, I'm sure there will be A LOT of movement from here till 15 May!

If you don't mind me asking: What time of the day were you called? Being on the waitlist is making me crazy, hoping for a call week after week.

Congratulations! Hopefully we'll see each other at COT.

Congrats Dude! I am still waiting to hear back from my interview on the 14th of February. Yesterday was week 8. The paperwork said I would hear back in 8-10 weeks. I'm excited to hear back, but I sure do not like waiting...

:luck:

How were you contacted (phone, email, snail mail)? Any Navy people out there that have been accepted off the waitlist yet?

I was called in the morning (pacific coast time). Good luck everyone! Hopefully I'll see a bunch of you at orientation (I'm an AFROTC student, so I won't be attending COT).

Just withdrew from USUHS today...had an unconditional for the Air Force.

I am taking the Army HPSP and attending a civilian school.

Good luck to everyone...and see you in 3-4 years on rotations, in residency, and beyond!

hey 2012-ers,

no worries yet, you still have a lot of time until 01may, which is when there is a lot of movement.

I was on the waitlist after my 14dec interview until early may, thats really when youre going to see a lot of movement.

some advice, dont bug the office too much until may, they dont know much either, since they are waiting on those who have the spots still deciding between schools. good luck!

Thanks for the encouraging words MeMo. I wish I could just fast forward through the next month. Waiting is the worst part of this whole process.

I interviewed feb 14th and got an email last week saying I have a waitlist acceptance. Anyone else hear anything lately?

I received a phone call this afternoon from the Admissions Office and was offered unconditional acceptance for the Army. My interview was Jan 10th and I have been on the waitlist for a month. I wish the best to all of you waiting and hope I will see you soon.

I received a phone call this afternoon from the Admissions Office and was offered unconditional acceptance for the Army. My interview was Jan 10th and I have been on the waitlist for a month. I wish the best to all of you waiting and hope I will see you soon.

Congrats! Good news for you and good news for the rest of us on the waitlist. It sounds like it is moving slowly.

Hi guys,
Thanks for all the information on this thread, it's been really helpful.
I interviewed on 21 feb (last date of interviews)...has anyone else who interviewed on this date received any news?

Still no word for me on a February 14th interview (Navy preference). I have seen one person wait list accepted from my interview date, but I am still waiting. I called on April 11th to the admission office and the lady said one more week. However, tomorrow will be 2 weeks. I am patiently waiting.

I am already getting my references together for next year, just in case. This year, my applications did not get in until really late and USUHS is my only hope for 2008.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Still no word for me on a February 14th interview (Navy preference). I have seen one person wait list accepted from my interview date, but I am still waiting. I called on April 11th to the admission office and the lady said one more week. However, tomorrow will be 2 weeks. I am patiently waiting.

I am already getting my references together for next year, just in case. This year, my applications did not get in until really late and USUHS is my only hope for 2008.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Thanks for the info kevlaina. Best of luck, and I hope you hear something soon. I'm in the same boat as you...definitely don't want to have to repeat this process next yr.

I'm officially on the Navy wait list. Let the movement begin...

After weeks of sweating if out on the waitlist, I recieved a call this morning informing me that I have been accepted (Navy) off the waitlist. See ya in August!!!!

After weeks of sweating if out on the waitlist, I recieved a call this morning informing me that I have been accepted (Navy) off the waitlist. See ya in August!!!!

:thumbup:
Congratulations, BoardRider! Keep that Navy wait list moving. Hope to see you in August...:luck:

Hi everyone,

I interviewed late too and am waiting to hear back on my fate. Does anyone have any information on how you are contacted if you are on the waitlist, the alternate list, or--worst case scenario--rejected? Is it always by email if you are waitlisted? Or can you get a letter in the mail? What about alternate list? I'm just trying to prepare myself :)

Thanks in advanced for any information, and best of luck to everyone else who is waiting!

I interviewed Thanksgiving week while on deployment in Afghanistan. I received the fact that I was on the Navy waitlist in early February via the USPS at home. I didn't get my DODMERB done until near the end of February and received a phone call offering me an unconditional this past Thursday, the 24th of April. Looking at these dates and the fact that I am currently active duty I suspect that I was somewhat high on the Navy waitlist.