USUHS Class of 2012 Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Congrats, man! That's really great! I'm waiting for an Army slot still, so I hope to join you this summer. I assume from your earlier threads that you were offered an Army slot. I interviewed on Jan. 24, I think you did too. I hope to hear something soon! (And YES, I did switch from Air Force waitlist to the Army one, after some investigating it really made a lot of sense)

Members don't see this ad.

...just peed my pants a little. got a call informing me I've been accepted off the army waitlist.

Members don't see this ad :)
EngineerDoctor, I think I was the one that interviewed on the same day as you? I don't know though, but that's cool you switched as well to Army. I forgot, did you say you had previous military experience? Since we both interviewed on the 24th we need to keep each other posted. I have no prior military experience though, so others may get a position before me that have. Isn't OBC next week? That's what worries me.

I interviewed the last day that you could..FEB 24 I think was the date

What number are you guys calling to check on the status of the waitlist? I've been calling the main SOM admissions number listed on their website, but whenever I call I get voicemail.

I just use the one off the website. And I don't think I have ever gotten a voice mail. That is weird. Anyone heard any news.

Hey i've been reading these posts for a LONG time, i just thought i'd let you know I got the call today for a Navy spot. They said they'll have my orders ready in time for ODS this summer. Good luck to those of you still waiting.

Congrats! I have sent my app in for 2009 now, hopefully I can get an early interview and not have to go through all this next year. Seeing as OBC school is in a few days.

Congrats Marbles! I'm still hoping for a Navy spot...

My application is in for 2009 as well, ERmd. Last year, I did not submit until August. I have a great deal more hope for 2009.

Hi Everyone,

Congratulations to everyone that has been accepted, and good luck to the rest that are still waiting to receive news.

My wife is a USUHS graduate, and current attending physician at NNMC Bethesda. We are looking to lease our 4 bedroom, 3.5 bathroom townhome in Germantown, and would prefer to enter into a long term lease (>2 years) with reliable individuals on active duty. For individuals that meet these requirements, we are asking $2000/mo.

If you are interested, here is a link to our listing:

http://www.militarybyowner.com/listings/tourplus.asp?F_BASE_ID=148&F_STATE=MD&LISTING_ID=70680

Thank you to everyone that expressed interest in our home! We now have a lease agreement pending.

I'm in!

I got the call from Dr. Calloway on Monday morning (6/16) around 11:00 am. See everyone in August.

YOU DID!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope I can join you! When was your interview date and do you have to do officer trainig still?

I interviewed on 2/14. I also switched to AF from Navy. I will not have to attend COT because of my prior Navy Commission (separated in 2002). I think if anyone gets selected from the wait list at this point, it would be hard for them to cut orders for officer training.

Hello all,
I read many of your posts, and I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share some of your grades/scores. I know some people don't like to do that (which I'm not really sure why) but I am going to be applying next year and want to know where I stand in regards to you all. (I don't want to end up getting my hopes up to find out I'm going to need to aim for a civilian school.
Thanks