USC School of Dentistry Class of 2026 Interview/Acceptance Thread

is the cost of tuition really 123,579 first year?
Yes, tuition and fees will be around 125,000 plus 32,000 indirect costs which makes a total of 157,000!

Members don't see this ad.

If my AADSAS portal still shows "waitlisted" and I haven't received an acceptance email, is it over? Or do people still get emailed on dec 2 and so on. Kinda freaking out because my friends got their emails already.
Same, I haven't received an email yet. I was wondering if they continue sending out emails today or are there specific dates that emails will be sent out. Please let us know if anyone knows anything!

Reactions: 1 users
Where are y'all finding the updated information on tuition and fees?

Members don't see this ad :)
Same, I haven't received an email yet. I was wondering if they continue sending out emails today or are there specific dates that emails will be sent out. Please let us know if anyone knows anything!
I'm wondering the same thing. If anyone gets in Dec 2nd and so on please let us know!

got accepted at 3:08 pm pacific time via email!!!! Lets Gooo!!!!
Just found this thread!! I was a bit nervous since I had received acceptance calls from 3 schools in the morning but a huge gap in time took place and thought I wasn't going to hear back from USC!! But i got an email at around 3:00pm! SO awesome!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Just found this thread!! I was a bit nervous since I had received acceptance calls from 3 schools in the morning but a huge gap in time took place and thought I wasn't going to hear back from USC!! But i got an email at around 3:00pm! SO awesome!!!
congratulations!!! are you planning on attending USC?

congratulations!!! are you planning on attending USC?
thanks soooo much!! Honestly, the cost i think is a bit outrageous, though i did love their program (a little nervy about PBL but i know it will best prepare me for the new integrated boards), I am so blessed to have received 5/5 acceptances from the school i interviewed at pre-December so I think cost and living situation will be my top factor to consider. How about you?

If my AADSAS portal still shows "waitlisted" and I haven't received an acceptance email, is it over? Or do people still get emailed on dec 2 and so on. Kinda freaking out because my friends got their emails already.
You may either be (A) actually waitlisted, in which case I believe you will receive an email about your waitlist status at some point, or (B) pending an acceptance that may be sent out at a later point. USC (like all/most other dental schools, I think) does rolling admissions, so they will continue to send out acceptances until the spring/summer.

thanks soooo much!! Honestly, the cost i think is a bit outrageous, though i did love their program (a little nervy about PBL but i know it will best prepare me for the new integrated boards), I am so blessed to have received 5/5 acceptances from the school i interviewed at pre-December so I think cost and living situation will be my top factor to consider. How about you?
I was accepted to 2 schools, USC and BU. USC is very close to my home town so i would prefer this school. But like you the price of tuition does make me second guess myself if I should go there. Im going to think about it a few more days.

I'm wondering the same thing. If anyone gets in Dec 2nd and so on please let us know!
Lots of people will be accepted the second round of acceptances so don't lose hope. Some people wont put down a deposit and that means more spots for you guys. Don't lose hope and stay in contact with admissions!

Members don't see this ad :)
Lots of people will be accepted the second round of acceptances so don't lose hope. Some people wont put down a deposit and that means more spots for you guys. Don't lose hope and stay in contact with admissions!
Do you know when the second round will be? And what do you think would be the best way to stay in contact with admissions? Is it okay to send a letter of intent?

Last edited:
I was accepted to 2 schools, USC and BU. USC is very close to my home town so i would prefer this school. But like you the price of tuition does make me second guess myself if I should go there. Im going to think about it a few more days.
Congrats on both acceptances!

The loan you take out for USC is drastically different than the loan for BU. I'll say ask yourself if the school will make you happy to take on almost double the amount of loan.

Last edited:
Does anyone know when second rounds would get sent out?

Does anybody know if USC ever rejects people who interviewed after Dec.1 ? Or is everybody put on waitlist until spots start moving ? What I am trying to ask here is: is the waitlist for USC legit or is it just a special way to do offers ?

i don’t believe usc rejects anyone
oh I see. How likely is it for interviewed applicants to get off the waitlist ? This is my first time applying so I have no idea what to expect ...

oh I see. How likely is it for interviewed applicants to get off the waitlist ? This is my first time applying so I have no idea what to expect ...
You get a month to pay the deposit. If you haven’t been officially waitlisted or denied then it’s safe to hope for a response in January

You get a month to pay the deposit. If you haven’t been officially waitlisted or denied then it’s safe to hope for a response in January
I am just confused about how USC does offers. It seems to me that everyone who interviewed is put on a waitlist so being waitlisted at USC feels trivial to me and I have no idea how close I am to receiving an offer which makes it super stressful.

I am just confused about how USC does offers. It seems to me that everyone who interviewed is put on a waitlist so being waitlisted at USC feels trivial to me and I have no idea how close I am to receiving an offer which makes it super stressful.
From what i remember from interview day is that people that interviewed are ranked. So depending on where you are in the list then you will be accepted.

From what i remember from interview day is that people that interviewed are ranked. So depending on where you are in the list then you will be accepted.
I see. Now it’s just a waiting game. I wish everyone the best luck here regardless whether I get in or not.

Congratulations!! It is such a big decision but dentistry is a lucrative career lol so if you play your cards right, you will be able to overcome those student loans haha! Best of luck to you and the making your final decision!

Hi guys & congrats on your acceptances! Is anyone completing the Certiphi form? I'm having some trouble with it (could be because I'm Canadian?) It says we need a USC representative for section B, does anyone know whose contact information we should include? Also, where do we find our case reference number? I've been trying to reach certiphi but their lines have been busy :/

Hi guys & congrats on your acceptances! Is anyone completing the Certiphi form? I'm having some trouble with it (could be because I'm Canadian?) It says we need a USC representative for section B, does anyone know whose contact information we should include? Also, where do we find our case reference number? I've been trying to reach certiphi but their lines have been busy :/
you most likely fill out the sections that are for you and then after you submit the, a USC representative will fill out what they need to.

Has anyone been accepted on a date after 12/1? Just trying to figure out if acceptances roll out in batches or not.

regarding the applicant certification form, it can be either mailed or emailed back right?

I just returned home for the holidays, and prior to doing so had yet to receive a packet containing the applicant confirmation form, so I wanted to give it some time. I will be located at a different address for the rest of December and so attempted to let the admissions office know today via email, however I received a response saying they are on break until January 3rd. Does anyone have any solutions?
Yeah, I emailed it and they confirmed they got it!

I just returned home for the holidays, and prior to doing so had yet to receive a packet containing the applicant confirmation form, so I wanted to give it some time. I will be located at a different address for the rest of December and so attempted to let the admissions office know today via email, however I received a response saying they are on break until January 3rd. Does anyone have any solutions?
you need to send it asap man. Hopefully they will approve it because in the packet it said that "all materials must be received in the office of admissions by the stated deadlines. Postmarks will not be accepted as meeting the deadlines. No late payments or other late materials will be accepted". Submit your deposit and fill out the applicant certification form as soon as you can by 5:00 pm on January 1st.

Someone posted this link of the applicant certificaiton form.
https://s3.amazonaws.com/webadmit-p...Xcu86RbZPnBjoxm6C9jZSayb98lGH-kEYhKIfzw7lr1_Y

what most people did is pay the 2,000 and then screenshot a receipt of your payment and sent it in with the applicant certification form via email @ [email protected]

Did you guys finish the certiphi screening? Does it cost 75 bucks? Thanks

yeah you're suppose to get an email with a link. It is $75.
Did you email the admission the certification form and proof of deposit? If I already emailed them to the admission, I do not have to mail those to the admission right?
One more question: So far I made the deposit and emailed both the certification form and proof of deposit. I also completed the certiphi screening. Is that all? Am I missing something for the acceptance requirement?
Thanks dude

Did you email the admission the certification form and proof of deposit? If I already emailed them to the admission, I do not have to mail those to the admission right?
One more question: So far I made the deposit and emailed both the certification form and proof of deposit. I also completed the certiphi screening. Is that all? Am I missing something for the acceptance requirement?
Thanks dude
Yeah you only have to email them. They should have replied back to you with a confirmation email that they received it. If you haven't received a confirmation then it’s probably because the admissions office is in holiday break.

As of right now that is all you need. You are all good.

Does anyone know if certiphi must be completed before January 1st? I submitted everything (faxed the forms) and made the payment to certiphi on Dec. 13, my “form status” says completed but the “report status” says not completed. I just don’t want the acceptance to be revoked

Does anyone know if certiphi must be completed before January 1st? I submitted everything (faxed the forms) and made the payment to certiphi on Dec. 13, my “form status” says completed but the “report status” says not completed. I just don’t want the acceptance to be revoked
The packet we got says nothing about the background check having to be completed by January 1st. The only thing it says that has to be turned in by January 1st is the deposit and the form that needs to be signed.

Anyone still waiting on an Interview? I haven’t heard anything from them since August for when I turned in my payment… is this a bad sign?

congrats! mind sharing stats?
Overal GPA 3.8 SGP 3.3
DAT 17AA 17TS 21PAT
Over 1000 hours of shadowing and Dental Assisting experience.
Plenty of extracurricular and leadership experience.

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
got an invite as well! withdrawing my application and declining my interview! good luck everyone

looks like they sent out a batch of interviews yesterday but I didn't hear from them yet. Does anyone know if they will be sending out more interview invites soon?

looks like they sent out a batch of interviews yesterday but I didn't hear from them yet. Does anyone know if they will be sending out more interview invites soon?
There is about 50 people on the facebook page for the class. So it seems like more people will be accepted. Not sure if they will send out more interviews tho.

USC historically interviews and accepts people through the spring...