USC Applicants, Students, Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah... the lady told me that we should receive results by next week if interviewed in march.

Members don't see this ad.

PharmD4Life said:
Hello Everyone! to all those that got into USC or are current USC students, can you please advise on housing around USC, in terms of cost, location, and distance to get to school "on time"?

Anyone looking for housing as well that needs a roommate? Let me know too!

Thanks everyone

Yeah, I'm in the same situation too. Where do most USC students live? I heard there isn't much on campus housing, so I'm curious as to what the options are. Thanks for any help you can provide :)

HAHA said:
hi, everyone! i did not receive anything today so depress and worry so i called usc , the lady told me to wait
did anyone call and ask? can u post what she said?
thanks

The admin lady told me that acceptance letters were sent out priority mail on Friday. I usually get my mail 2 days after if it's from the LA area so if i don't get anything by today, then i can expect to be waitlisted or rejected :confused: :mad:

Depending on where you're at, its possible to get it a day or two later. Waitlisted letters will probably be sent out early this week if not already. Good luck to everyone! USC is the only school that invited me for the interview so if i don't get in, EVERYTHING SUCKS!! Anyone in the bay area that is still waiting??

Members don't see this ad :)
the bad thing is i live in LA , so i think i am going to wait until tomorrow if not receive by tmr.....things suck

I have been taking random weekend trips down to LA (from SF), scoping out the area... and by far, the closest (8-10 minute drive), nicest place to live is in Monterey Hills. 2 bed/2 bath condos are currently listed in the high $300K's to mid $400K's if you're thinking about buying. If you want to rent, I've seen it range from $1000-$2000/month for a 2/2. I will be bringing mt son and BF with me and we are looking to buy in this area... hopefully my BF can get a (good paying) job down there. How are the wages compared to those in SF? The cost of living is definitely higher up here.

BTW, are there any other future USCers bringing young child(ren) with them?

PharmD4Life said:
Hello Everyone! to all those that got into USC or are current USC students, can you please advise on housing around USC, in terms of cost, location, and distance to get to school "on time"?

Anyone looking for housing as well that needs a roommate? Let me know too!

Thanks everyone

HAHA said:
the bad thing is i live in LA , so i think i am going to wait until tomorrow if not receive by tmr.....things suck

Don't worry HAHA, i'm in the same boat. I didn't get anything yet so i guess i can expect to be waitlisted or rejected. The admin lady told me that waitlisted letters are being sent out today or next week. I guess i have no choice but to reapply... NoOoOOO! This really sucks.... I totally thought i would get in because I felt good coming out of the interview :thumbdown: Guess u never know!

mustangrolla said:
Don't worry HAHA, i'm in the same boat. I didn't get anything yet so i guess i can expect to be waitlisted or rejected. The admin lady told me that waitlisted letters are being sent out today or next week. I guess i have no choice but to reapply... NoOoOOO! This really sucks.... I totally thought i would get in because I felt good coming out of the interview :thumbdown: Guess u never know!

Hi mustangrolla,

If admin told you that waitlisted letters are being sent out today, does that mean they sent all acceptances from 3/18 already? Well, I don't think you should be too pessimistic about this. Just be patience!

janbran said:
Hi mustangrolla,

If admin told you that waitlisted letters are being sent out today, does that mean they sent all acceptances from 3/18 already? Well, I don't think you should be too pessimistic about this. Just be patience!

Yes, acceptance letters were mailed out friday, rejection letters mailed out monday and waitlisted letters will be mailed out today and 2mrw, according to what i was told.

The reason why i'm being pessimistic is because another year will be wasted. I won't really have a good job that i stay with for another year so that means no income. I'll be finish with my prereqs in the summer so i'll be hanging out at home with nothing do after that. I really don't want to go out of state so preparing for the PCat is out of the question. Im sure i'll eventually get over this like everyone else. It's just that USC is the only school that I COULD get into with no other option but to reapply. i guess this is my way of "preparing" myself for the possibility of getting rejected. =(

Has anyone else received their accceptance letter?? Good luck to everyone!!

so depress, got my rejected letter today

awww i'm so sorry to hear... that's probably going to happen to me as well.

bugslife said:
awww i'm so sorry to hear... that's probably going to happen to me as well.

*sigh* me too. :(

mustangrolla said:
Yes, acceptance letters were mailed out friday, rejection letters mailed out monday and waitlisted letters will be mailed out today and 2mrw, according to what i was told.

The reason why i'm being pessimistic is because another year will be wasted. I won't really have a good job that i stay with for another year so that means no income. I'll be finish with my prereqs in the summer so i'll be hanging out at home with nothing do after that. I really don't want to go out of state so preparing for the PCat is out of the question. Im sure i'll eventually get over this like everyone else. It's just that USC is the only school that I COULD get into with no other option but to reapply. i guess this is my way of "preparing" myself for the possibility of getting rejected. =(

Has anyone else received their accceptance letter?? Good luck to everyone!!

I emailed them this morning and got this reply "Letters are being sent out this week. All students should be notified of their status by next week." Let's hope whoever gave you the information today were wrong...otherwise, I'm sure someone will start a post about acceptance news from 3/18. I didn't see any acceptance news from any SDNer from the 3/18 group yet. Well, let's think POSITIVELY!

I guess ur right. I may be a lil too negative right now. If anyone from the 3/18 interview is reading this, please please post your status. I feel like i'm bipolar right now. Im fine one moment, then almost tearing the next. Come one USC!!! let me know!!

Members don't see this ad :)
i interviewed on 3/18 and still have not received any letter. i'm thinking that i'm either rejected or waitlisted. and yeah i know what you mean by bipolar... well, mostly depressive i guess, haha.

well, best of luck to you! to all of us.

I hate to burst your bubbles, but my friend who interviewed w/ me on 3/18 got her acceptance letter on monday. *sigh*

No news from them yet either...getting nervous now =/ I live in NY so hopefully that's the reason why there's nothing in my mailbox!

I called adcom this morning and they said all of their seats have been filled as of today. Reapplication! Here i come! Unless an absurd amount of ppl decide to reject usc.

i was wondering if anyone could give me advice about where is a good place to live.
Also, I was admitted with conditional acceptance because i still need to complete 2 pre-reqs. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was okay to get a C in those classes.(not that i'm planning on getting C's but i just want to be safe :) ) Thanks!

i interviewed on 3/18 and received my conditional acceptance letter on monday (i live in san diego)

Just to answer couple of questions from earlier postings...

1) the acceptance is based on 'scores'. you get a certain score for certain things, and you are accepted based on those scores.

2) if you are still wondering about your status, i talked to somebody in the financial aid, and the person told me that if you are assigned a 10-digit USC SID on your financial aid letters, then you are pretty much already accepted.

lnmelon82 said:
i was wondering if anyone could give me advice about where is a good place to live.
Also, I was admitted with conditional acceptance because i still need to complete 2 pre-reqs. I was wondering if anyone knew if it was okay to get a C in those classes.(not that i'm planning on getting C's but i just want to be safe :) ) Thanks!

i interviewed on 3/18 and received my conditional acceptance letter on monday (i live in san diego)

same here, lol. i guess it would be okay as long as we dont fail those classes and maintain a 3.0....

haha...

Sam924 said:
Just to answer couple of questions from earlier postings...

1) the acceptance is based on 'scores'. you get a certain score for certain things, and you are accepted based on those scores.

2) if you are still wondering about your status, i talked to somebody in the financial aid, and the person told me that if you are assigned a 10-digit USC SID on your financial aid letters, then you are pretty much already accepted.

my friend got a 10 digit SID and he was rejected

gmohamma said:
my friend got a 10 digit SID and he was rejected

REALLY??? that's what the financial aid person told me yesterday. hmmm... makes you wonder when their info is not even accurate......

Sam924 said:
REALLY??? that's what the financial aid person told me yesterday. hmmm... makes you wonder when their info is not even accurate......

i had my friend called financial aid and ask and they told her that yes 10 digit sid's are for students who are accepted.. then i had my bf call admissions and they said it had nothing to do with anything...

i would pay a million dollars to know how adcom makes decisions..

gmohamma said:
i had my friend called financial aid and ask and they told her that yes 10 digit sid's are for students who are accepted.. then i had my bf call admissions and they said it had nothing to do with anything...

i guess the info flow between the offices are not even that accurate...

figures, since they accepted me conditionally, claiming that I am not done with my pre-requisites, while a few days before they sent out the acceptance letter, I got an email saying that my pre-requisites are complete.

boohoo... waitlisted. what are the chances?

gmohamma said:

I work at the financial aid office at my school and we assign a student ID number for every student who got ACCEPTED. Mind you, i work at a public university and in the undergraduate unit, so USC can totally be different.

I was assigned an SID number too but i haven't heard anything. To me, it doesn't make sense for them to assign me an ID # if i might not be accepted.

It's funny that the FA and Admin ppl are giving us different information especially since they are all in the same office!!

mustangrolla said:
I work at the financial aid office at my school and we assign a student ID number for every student who got ACCEPTED. Mind you, i work at a public university and in the undergraduate unit, so USC can totally be different.

I was assigned an SID number too but i haven't heard anything. To me, it doesn't make sense for them to assign me an ID # if i might not be accepted.

It's funny that the FA and Admin ppl are giving us different information especially since they are all in the same office!!

trust me, i was in your shoes.... when i got my financial aid letter with the SID on it, i was doing all kinds of crazy stuff to somehow figure out if i had been accepted or not. the SID lets me sign into this thing called Oasis which is this site students use to sign up for classes/pay tuition, etc.

lol.. i drove myself crazy...

bugslife said:
boohoo... waitlisted. what are the chances?

i know someone who was like #20 on the list or something and got in...

Hello, I was wondering if its too early to look for housing? I've been looking on craigslist and most of them want to rent out the place starting May or June. I still one more class to take in the summer (up North), so I might be able to move down to LA until mid August, but willing to start renting the place in August. I was wondering if its still to early to look for apartments/roommates/rooms? besides craigslist, any other sources I can look into? Thanks

gmohamma said:
i know someone who was like #20 on the list or something and got in...

what was your waitlist #. if you don't mind me asking?

mustangrolla said:

hi mustangrolla, have you heard back from SC yet? Do you know if people on the active consideration list (from Jan interview) are sent rejection letters and wait list letters on monday and wednesday, respectively? emailed them yesterday but they haven't responded yet. Thanks.

meesathuy said:
hi mustangrolla, have you heard back from SC yet? Do you know if people on the active consideration list (from Jan interview) are sent rejection letters and wait list letters on monday and wednesday, respectively? emailed them yesterday but they haven't responded yet. Thanks.

No i haven't heard back but i'm pretty sure i'll be wait listed. I know that ppl on the 2/11 waitlist have received letters, both acceptance and rejections. you might want to give them a call, but supposedly, everything has been sent out. If you don't get anything by next monday, call them. I have yet to check my mail box this afternoon. Good luck!

mustangrolla said:
No i haven't heard back but i'm pretty sure i'll be wait listed. I know that ppl on the 2/11 waitlist have received letters, both acceptance and rejections. you might want to give them a call, but supposedly, everything has been sent out. If you don't get anything by next monday, call them. I have yet to check my mail box this afternoon. Good luck!

Thanks! You're so helpful. At least having interviewed in March, you won't have to wait long to get a concrete idea of where you stand. Either you're accepted, rejected, or placed on the actual wait list. You probably won't have to deal with being "actively considered." Best of Luck!! Is Sc your top choice??

waitlisted ...... booooooo!!! Anyone know if USC is one of those schools that accept students up until the first day of class? ( like UCSF and many other schools)

mustangrolla said:
waitlisted ...... booooooo!!! Anyone know if USC is one of those schools that accept students up until the first day of class? ( like UCSF and many other schools)

hey mustangrolla, i have heard of SC admitting students very late, even up until the first day of class which is why it's hard to lose faith when you're on the wait list. what # are you? there is still hope if you're high up in the wait list.

mustangrolla said:

i wasnt on the waitlist.. i had my interview on 2/11 and was put on "active consideration." that's different than waitlist.. they formulate the waitlist after they have filled their class..

Are there anyone who still needs to take a few more classes before going off to USC? Are you taking them right now or in the summer? what classes do you still need to take?

DC1120 said:
Are there anyone who still needs to take a few more classes before going off to USC? Are you taking them right now or in the summer? what classes do you still need to take?

I'm finishing up my last prereq right now (stats) at a community college, then I'm good to go.

DC1120 said:

im doing my last quarter at uci and im finishing physics and then i have to take that interpersonal communication class at a community college in the summer. yay for me. :sleep:

DC1120 said:

i'm taking lower div bio at ucsd plus speech and organic chem lab at community colleges. i'm trying to finish everything up so i can have my summer free =)

hi guys,

do you guys know whether usc decides your admission by your financial status? i was recently told by my co-worker that his buddie received an interview at usc but then was later informed that he will be waitlisted instead of being accepted despite being qualified academically, because he may not be able to afford to be at usc (finacially). that just seems strange. wonder if this is common?

meow004 said:
hi guys,

do you guys know whether usc decides your admission by your financial status? i was recently told by my co-worker that his buddie received an interview at usc but then was later informed that he will be waitlisted instead of being accepted despite being qualified academically, because he may not be able to afford to be at usc (finacially). that just seems strange. wonder if this is common?

I doubt that SC waitlists people based on their financial status. Nearly all of the students in class receive loans. The loans typically cover all of the tuition, and you can also take out private loans for living expenses. I personally would not be able to afford SC w/o the loans. It's rare to come by a student that can afford the $33k a year at SC, without any help from loans. It seems ludicrous to deny someone because you think they can't pay for school.

kochun said:
ONCE AGAIN YOU'VE SAVED ME, I ALMOST FORGOT!!! I HOPE IM NOT TOO LATE

Seriously....thank God for SDN...I would be getting dropped off by my mom if I didnt log on today

For those who lived in the Dorms (Seaver Hall), can you share your experiences living there? IF not, do you know any of your classmates who lived in the dorms before? Are there more pharmacy students or other healthcare students or international students?

Also, any newly admitted students thinking about dorms?

PharmD4Life said:
For those who lived in the Dorms (Seaver Hall), can you share your experiences living there? IF not, do you know any of your classmates who lived in the dorms before? Are there more pharmacy students or other healthcare students or international students?

Also, any newly admitted students thinking about dorms?

i know some people who lives in the dorms. there are pros and cons about living there. from looking at them and at the dorms (inside and out) i see more cons than pros (personally).

pros: no need to drive, save gas, can wake up last minute and still get to class, don't need to find a place to live, can park at biggy structure, and fully furnished

cons: no food place, expensive, room is small (unless u hv a double room occupied by urself), small restroom shared by 4 ppl, no common areas, kitchen is nasty (ie. no where u can cook), and of course with the price u have to pay for the dorms, u can easily get an apt w/ a few other ppl and have ur own room.

So where do you get food around there?

Status
Not open for further replies.