USC Applicants, Students, Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DC1120 said:
nothing today....... chances are fading away.... oh wells... good luck everyone........

yeah you still have a chance... i on the other hand am losing hope..

Members don't see this ad.

DC1120 said:
Hi, Tienn! congrats,
Are you from the LA area?

sorry, I live in OC. Lots of UCI and UCLA people at the 2/11 interview

Got my acceptance in the mail today :) It was dated March 1. Keep your eyes open for a big package.

Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
thaliagoo said:
Got my acceptance in the mail today :) It was dated March 1. Keep your eyes open for a big package.

Good luck!

no mail today.... i guess it's all downhill from here. bring on the waitlist letter.

hmm.. nothing today.... oh wells....
hey thiagloo... where do you live? congrats by the way!!!!!

DC1120 said:
hmm.. nothing today.... oh wells....
hey thiagloo... where do you live? congrats by the way!!!!!

Thanks again! I am from Pennsylvania, but this letter got to me pretty quickly considering the distance.

no mail for me today too.... :confused:

:mad: OK....please give me the waitlist letter!!!

hotties said:
:mad: OK....please give me the waitlist letter!!!

ahhhhhhhhh kill me the wait is agonizing, and I cant concentrate on my lab report.. we should call them on monday to see what's going on..

i read this past post on usc acceptances and they had mailed out the letters in two different batches or something. Maybe they just needed some extra time to consider us, and they didnt have enough time to mail out our letters at the same time?

I think there was one person who had posted that they received their acceptance a few days after everyone had already gotten theirs..

maybe there's still a shred of hope.. :scared:

i can not focus too!! Can you post anything news after you call on monday ?

i hope we all hear some good news tomorrow.

gmohamma said:
i hope we all hear some good news tomorrow.

guess not, i got the waitlist letter today. I cant believe they only accepted 24 people out of 148!!!!!!

we cant even find out where we are on the waitlist until after the last interview...

:( OK...I just got the waitlist letter today. Thanks so much to USC...

Members don't see this ad :)
Ouch... that hurts..... i didnt check my mail yet... but ill let you guys know what my results are.......(im sure its the same.........waitlist.......or rejection.......) wow.........24 out of 148? dats harsh.........y so little? well waitlist is better than rejection rite?

24/148!!!! Are we bad or what???
Do you think we still have chance?
it really hurts me :eek: :confused:

can anyone tell me the acceptance status? my session they accepted 24 people (2-11-06)

HAHA said:
can anyone tell me the acceptance status? my session they accepted 24 people (2-11-06)

Based on my "update" letter, USC has 290 people in the active consideration pool (January-interview). That means, they have accepted 160 people as of now....one more interview this month and then, they'll let us know our status.

I wonder how many people remain on the active consideration after USC finished their application review? The outlook doesn't look good for me.... :(

ilovepharmacy said:
Actually, the number of acceptances per interview session varies. According to the letters USC sent out back in December, 65 students who were interviewed during the November interviews were offered acceptances and 85 students were placed on active consideration.

24/148.... that is very odd. According to the post above, they accepted 65 outta 150 at one session.

I've come to one conclusion: applying early gives you a big advantage. (The interview sessions are given out according to when we submitted our apps). I doubt the pools can be that different.

waitlist.booohooooooooo

gmohamma said:
yeah you still have a chance... i on the other hand am losing hope..

are u nuts? u got accepted to two schools and you're still worried. other people didnt get accepted to one yet. those are the people i feel for....

stickandstone said:
are u nuts? u got accepted to two schools and you're still worried. other people didnt get accepted to one yet. those are the people i feel for....

i'm not worried, im DISAPPOINTED. i know i will be a pharmd in 4 years regardless. trust me, i'm thankful... it's just that I really want to go to USC.

gmohamma said:
i'm not worried, im DISAPPOINTED. i know i will be a pharmd in 4 years regardless. trust me, i'm thankful... it's just that I really want to go to USC.

ok now i understand....well then i hope u get in...but if u dont get in, what is your 2nd or 3rd choice. is it touro or shenananh...?

stickandstone said:
ok now i understand....well then i hope u get in...but if u dont get in, what is your 2nd or 3rd choice. is it touro or shenananh...?

i declined shenandoah, i'm going to go to Touro... i really like the program there and it's near SF

160 accepted?...how many seats r left?....im in the march interview & now im getting reallie nervous

I read that they expect to enroll 185 this year. They expected that same number last year, but according to PharmCAS they accepted 172 back then. What does that mean? That 13 people pulled out last minute or that they accepted fewer people than planned?

I'm So Excited I'm Going To Usc! :hungover:

LittleMissB said:
I read that they expect to enroll 185 this year. They expected that same number last year, but according to PharmCAS they accepted 172 back then. What does that mean? That 13 people pulled out last minute or that they accepted fewer people than planned?

Well...........................................
Now that U have got into USC why it would matter to you??? :confused:

hotties said:
Well...........................................
Now that U have got into USC why it would matter to you??? :confused:

Ummmm yeah okay. I only left that comment / question because the person right before me, ipeggysuemooi, asked how many people are going to get in. And for the record, I have several friends who have USC as their first choice but haven't been accepted yet. I was asking my question in a serious manner because I am concerned about their chances and do care if they make it in.

LittleMissB said:

It means that certain people (like me :p ) were saved those number of seats.

USC has the Trojan Admission Prepharmacy (TAP) program which allows high school students to complete prepharmacy requirements as a USC undergraduate and be guaranteed admission in the School of Pharmacy's four-year Doctor of Pharmacy program.

The number of us that make it through the undergraduate years of the program (takes 3 to 4 years depending on whether you choose to get your BS/BA) and then decide to go to pharmacy school varies each year - So, this year about 13-14 of us came in, the year before my class there was a smaller number of TAP students that came in. I have to check how many seats are being set out for the TAP students this year... Subtract that from ~185 and thats how many spots are left for the 2006-2007 applicants.

thaliagoo said:
Thanks again! I am from Pennsylvania, but this letter got to me pretty quickly considering the distance.

hey thaliagoo!
congrats on your acceptance! i think i talked to you at the interview...you were in the last group, right?

-kat

LittleMissB said:

i think pharmcas is wrong, because i know that they accepted more than 185 last year (our class is 185). so after some people declined their admission 185 actually enrolled.

well from what i heard during feb's interview is that they will accept ~50/interview totaling around +/-200 and also have students from TAP. They are assuming some people will decline their acceptance offer. And in early May, if the number of students enrolling fall below 185, they will start accepting people from the waitlist. Therefore you'll see alot of people getting accepted off the waitlist in May. Usually every year this is the process they go through.

i thought they were increasing their class size to compensate for the shortage? anyone know anything about that?

Maeby said:
i thought they were increasing their class size to compensate for the shortage? anyone know anything about that?

i haven't heard anything about that. however i do know that the reason they admit ~185-190 students is because that is the number of seats in the lecture halls. so unless they are planning to increase the sizes of the rooms, i doubt they will increase their class size.

um, i am official very tired from school! and i am really really really looking forward to spring break!! oh and I am not looking forward to externship! just becoz we have biosys, pharmaceutics, and drug exam all within 7 days plus i have dr. barons on monday, externship on wed and thurs till 6pm! boohhooo!!! ok... nap time :p

crazyrice610 said:
um, i am official very tired from school! and i am really really really looking forward to spring break!! oh and I am not looking forward to externship! just becoz we have biosys, pharmaceutics, and drug exam all within 7 days plus i have dr. barons on monday, externship on wed and thurs till 6pm! boohhooo!!! ok... nap time :p

yeah...but spring break won't really be a "break" cuz we'll be spending the whole time studying for all those tests!! i should memorize some more drugs now...

Did everyone else receive the package of some medical forms and the flier about reserving parking on May 1st? The flier wasn't that informative. What exactly is it? Is it for reserving our parking for the upcoming fall semester? To any current USC students, how much does parking cost per semester?

LittleMissB said:
Did everyone else receive the package of some medical forms and the flier about reserving parking on May 1st? The flier wasn't that informative. What exactly is it? Is it for reserving our parking for the upcoming fall semester? To any current USC students, how much does parking cost per semester?

the flier is basically to reserve parking and to get your parking permit. the cost depends on which lot you choose, but all parking is over 200 per semester.

USCPharmD09 said:
the flier is basically to reserve parking and to get your parking permit. the cost depends on which lot you choose, but all parking is over 200 per semester.

Over 200$$$???? Man!!!

USCPharmD09 said:

how come i didn't get any parking info? are we not supposed to get it? btw.. someone needs to kick me and push me to the fin aid office to turn in my 1040... lol

Baxter81 said:
Over 200$$$???? Man!!!

hey if you're gonna go to usc, you'd better get used to it. :p

USCPharmD09 said:
hey if you're gonna go to usc, you'd better get used to it. :p

I know!! Good thing I'm moving home, or else I'd be on the Top Ramen diet for breakfast, lunch, and dinner..

Baxter81 said:
Over 200$$$???? Man!!!
Uhmmm... who wants to carpool? :laugh:

the interview is coming up! can i get a head count as to who will be there?

USCPharmD09 said:
the interview is coming up! can i get a head count as to who will be there?

me! eep! :scared:

good luck to those who r interviewing this sat! :luck: :luck:

crazyrice610 said:
good luck to those who r interviewing this sat! :luck: :luck:

yeah really , good luck... dont get ur hopes up anyone... they are only going to take like 20 people out of the 150..

good luck to all of you interviewing this saturday!!! I will be one of the students doing wrap up session after your interviews and essays, so I'll see you all there

Status
Not open for further replies.