USC Applicants, Students, Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
gmohamma said:
yeah really , good luck... dont get ur hopes up anyone... they are only going to take like 20 people out of the 150..

I thought that there were 40 spots open for each interview setion?

Members don't see this ad.

my session they only accepted 24 other they put on hold

TheChemist said:
I thought that there were 40 spots open for each interview setion?

nope. they cut it down the last two sessions.. i mean, they only took 24 in my group ..

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if they are using the point system....meaning...you get a score for your interview and essay and is added to your total application score? Then, they select their acceptees based on the cutoff. Or is the admission committee actually selecting people or a combination of both?

Good luck to those intervieiwing this Saturday...woo your interviewers! :luck:

I just hope to not receive an immediate rejection in the next few weeks after the last session. :scared: (yes...I am one of the 290 people on active consideration--doh!).

for those who interviewed on 3/18.. how did u feel about the interview?

crazyrice610 said:
for those who interviewed on 3/18.. how did u feel about the interview?
Well the person that interviewed me told me that with my background I should not be getting a PharmD degree. I should be getting a PhD. He told me that I would be bored being a Pharmacist since all they do is count pills. He also told me that the curriculum would bore me and be too easy for me. He also told me that if I was going to go to a Pharmacy school I should go to UCSD or UCSF because why would anyone want to go to school in such a bad area and pay so much to go to that school. Besides the whole interview part everything went well.

TheChemist said:
Well the person that interviewed me told me that with my background I should not be getting a PharmD degree. I should be getting a PhD. He told me that I would be bored being a Pharmacist since all they do is count pills. He also told me that the curriculum would bore me and be too easy for me. He also told me that if I was going to go to a Pharmacy school I should go to UCSD or UCSF because why would anyone want to go to school in such a bad area and pay so much to go to that school. Besides the whole interview part everything went well.

wow.. i'm sorry to hear that.. who said that to u?

Hello Guys... I have just joined SDN forum and i just wanted to say hello :) to all of you. Some of the infos you guys have posted are really helpfull. Thanks soo much!!!

what are the chances of getting pulled off from the waitlist? What was the number from last year? I went to the 2/11 interview and have to wait until the results for 3/18 interview, after the results from 3/18, will we get rejection letters or everyone from the 2/11 group will get ranked with the 3/18 group?

Also, how many people declined acceptance to USC already? Thanks

DC1120 said:
what are the chances of getting pulled off from the waitlist? What was the number from last year? I went to the 2/11 interview and have to wait until the results for 3/18 interview, after the results from 3/18, will we get rejection letters or everyone from the 2/11 group will get ranked with the 3/18 group?

Also, how many people declined acceptance to USC already? Thanks

I turned down USC- it was a hard decision but I chose Maryland. Today USC called and yelled at me (j/k). I guess they didn't hear from me so they called and I told them that I would withdraw my application.

for those that are still waiting... any updates from them?

Anyone declining usc or will be declining usc since ucsf, uop, ucsd, loma linda and western and others school decision came out already?

for student in USC, Were you guys put on active consideration before? How long do we have to wait for the result and what is the chance ?
i am so scare about that!

Members don't see this ad :)
HAHA said:
for student in USC, Were you guys put on active consideration before? How long do we have to wait for the result and what is the chance ?
i am so scare about that!

i know that some people who were on the waitlist were able to get in, i think they took about 20-25 from the waitlist?? the total on waitlist was ~60

i read from somewhere that usc takes more than 20-25 students since a lot of students decline usc to go to ucsf, u maryland, uop, ucsd and other schools.... do they really only take 20-25 people uscpharm09 or it varies...

DC1120 said:
i read from somewhere that usc takes more than 20-25 students since a lot of students decline usc to go to ucsf, u maryland, uop, ucsd and other schools.... do they really only take 20-25 people uscpharm09 or it varies...

i'm just basing this on the limited knowledge that i have. i know that they accept a total of about 290 students and i'm guessing that includes people from the active consideration and waitlist. about 100 students withdraw, leaving about 190 who enroll. last year i know they accepted at least 25 from the waitlist out of 60. they sent a letter asking if you would still like to be considered and put on the waitlist, and i guess a lot of people decline at that point.

Who's going to the April Welcome Reception?

ICA said:
Who's going to the April Welcome Reception?
Hi-
Just wondering, what April Welcome :confused: ? Did you get something in the mail? Hmm, I haven't gotten anything other than the Health Forms from USC

For anyone who didn't get an invite to the April welcome reception, don't worry, there is another one in June. The April one is for those who were accepted before a certain date, and the June one is for people after that date.

Go to this. It is fun, you learn some things, get to eat some free food etc. Bring family/sig other

TrojanAnteater said:
For anyone who didn't get an invite to the April welcome reception, don't worry, there is another one in June. The April one is for those who were accepted before a certain date, and the June one is for people after that date.

Go to this. It is fun, you learn some things, get to eat some free food etc. Bring family/sig other

thanks- so i shouldn't worry? i was accepted from the 3rd interview date.

TrojanAnteater said:

I was accepted from the first interview session, but I haven't gotten anything about a welcome reception! Should I be worried?

oinky628 said:
I was accepted from the first interview session, but I haven't gotten anything about a welcome reception! Should I be worried?
Don't worry. Like TrojanAnteater said, there will be another reception in June (21st)... as for me, I don't think I'll be able to attend the April party with school and work and all (plus, I live in the Bay Area)... being on a Wednesday doesn't help either. :rolleyes:

Cristina Arteaga is coordinating the event, so if ya'll have any Q's or need to RSVP, email carteaga @ usc (dot) edu.

Does anyone know when we'll be getting responses for the March 18th interviews?

Mike2006 said:
Does anyone know when we'll be getting responses for the March 18th interviews?
Hi, Mike, actually i called them last week regarding this, because i was put on the status as activity consideration, they said the latest i will hear from them is around the 4-18 because they have to review the app. for the march 18 together with that.
hope that help

HAHA said:
Hi, Mike, actually i called them last week regarding this, because i was put on the status as activity consideration, they said the latest i will hear from them is around the 4-18 because they have to review the app. for the march 18 together with that.
hope that help

THANKS!!!! i hope u meant April 4-18 :cool: !

crazyrice610 said:
how come i didn't get any parking info? are we not supposed to get it? btw.. someone needs to kick me and push me to the fin aid office to turn in my 1040... lol

Do we have to hand it to them personally cos i just faxed them in.

Hi, I was wondering, after you completed the FAFSA and submitted it, we need to send a copy to USC right? Can we do it through fax or you have to mail it? Also, since I am considered independent, I still filled out the parent portion as well, do we also need to send my parent's tax form to USC as well? Thanks for the help!!!

DC1120 said:
Hi, I was wondering, after you completed the FAFSA and submitted it, we need to send a copy to USC right? Can we do it through fax or you have to mail it? Also, since I am considered independent, I still filled out the parent portion as well, do we also need to send my parent's tax form to USC as well? Thanks for the help!!!

No you don't send USC a copy of the FAFSA.

You do need to send parent tax returns, as well as USC's parent information form.

Also remember that if you are did not file taxes, you need to send in a Student Non-Filing Statement. All of this can be found in the forms section of the Financial aid part of USC's website.

For march 18th interviewees: I called admission yesterday and they said the admission committee has not met yet. So i guess we shouldn't be bugging them until end of next week.

Also, before the interview, I was told that 123 seats have already been filled. Unless they only accept a certain set amount of students per interview, I think about 60-70 students may be admitted from the last interview. (wishful thinking, i guess)

mustangrolla said:
For march 18th interviewees: I called admission yesterday and they said the admission committee has not met yet. So i guess we shouldn't be bugging them until end of next week.

Also, before the interview, I was told that 123 seats have already been filled. Unless they only accept a certain set amount of students per interview, I think about 60-70 students may be admitted from the last interview. (wishful thinking, i guess)

I don't think they will accept that many people from the last round of interviews, for the 2/11 interview, they only acccepted 24 out of 156 that interviewed. I think they will accept the same amount for the 3/18 or less and the rest of those people who didn't get in will be ranked with the other active consideration people from previous groups.

PharmD4Life said:
I don't think they will accept that many people from the last round of interviews, for the 2/11 interview, they only acccepted 24 out of 156 that interviewed. I think they will accept the same amount for the 3/18 or less and the rest of those people who didn't get in will be ranked with the other active consideration people from previous groups.

Hi PharmD4Life,

How did you know that they only accepted 24 out of 156 that got interviewed from 2/11 interview? Just curious! Thanks

janbran said:
Hi PharmD4Life,

How did you know that they only accepted 24 out of 156 that got interviewed from 2/11 interview? Just curious! Thanks

We received a letter from 2/11 interview group, on the letter, it saidd that the people who did not get in this round are all put on active consideration. they accepted 24/156 in the 2/11 group.

PharmD4Life said:
We received a letter from 2/11 interview group, on the letter, it saidd that the people who did not get in this round are all put on active consideration. they accepted 24/156 in the 2/11 group.

how many ppl the accept / interview varies a little bit depending on the applicants themselves. so for them to accept on 24/156 in one interview doesn't mean they will only accept 20 on the next. perhaps i think they still have quite a few spots left. but once again don't quote me on that

I called USC this morning and they told me that approximately 153 seats have been filled ....... fingers crossed!

mustangrolla said:
I called USC this morning and they told me that approximately 153 seats have been filled ....... fingers crossed!

Keep in mind, people send in the money to reserve their seat while still waiting to hear from other schools. So there will probably be a few who withdraw.

mustangrolla said:

Hi mustangrolla,

I called Admission today and was told that they met yesterday (Thurs) and will start sending out letter next week.
What time was your interview on 3/18? Just curious whether I spoke with you or not on that day? Mine was at 10:20 am.
By the way, how did you know that 123 seats had already been filled? Someone from here mentioned 153. So confusing isn't it. I really hope they will accept 60-70 since there were 125 of us that day.

Do any of you know if some of the people on the active consdieration list will get their letters too? Did the ADCOM meet for the 3/18 group only?

I read from somewhere that if you were accepted to the first round of usc interview, they accepted 60-70 people in the first round, and in the second round, they accepted about 50-60 people, and the 3rd round, they accepted 24 people and the fourth round.. i dotn know......... they will say it in the letter if you got active consideration to how many they accepted during that round of interview. thats what it said on my letter 24/156, so did other people as well.

Hope good news will come next week for those who are on the active consideration list, and for the 3/18 group!!!!

I was just wondering, if you still have two classes to finish, Econ and Interpersonal Communication to finish and you were put on the active consideration list, will that affect your chances of getting in? I am trying to finish up my econ class and will register for the communication class (since USC doesn’t accept public speaking class) in the summer, will that lessen my chances of getting admitted this year?

Guys I Was Put On Active Consideration Fro 2/11 And I Just Got My Acceptance Package Today!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoohoooooo!!!! I Got My Miracle!!!!!!!!!!!

i did not receive anything yet, i am so scare and worry, is anyone got the letter yet? so worry , dont know how to type...., what time is ur mailman come? mine come around 11, is that because he come early?
really want to die

gmohamma said:
Guys I Was Put On Active Consideration Fro 2/11 And I Just Got My Acceptance Package Today!!!!!!!!!!!! Whoohoooooo!!!! I Got My Miracle!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulation gmohamma!

Did you send in any supporting documents to make you file stronger since the wailisted letter? Just wondering. Well, once again, congratulation.

Anyone from the Bay Area going to USC and looking for housing right now (or is it too early still)? Let me know!!! Thank you!

janbran said:
Congratulation gmohamma!

Did you send in any supporting documents to make you file stronger since the wailisted letter? Just wondering. Well, once again, congratulation.

hey, thanks janbran! Um, all i sent was an email to my interviewer and also a thank u card via snail mail :)

When filing out the financial aid part, do most of you fill out as independent or dependent? How do they determine how much you can get for financial aid or loans?

DC1120 said:
When filing out the financial aid part, do most of you fill out as independent or dependent? How do they determine how much you can get for financial aid or loans?

Independent.
Make sure to fill out your FAFSA and send the financial aid documents to USC. The award letters with loan info should be mailed in July from USC.

Hello Everyone! to all those that got into USC or are current USC students, can you please advise on housing around USC, in terms of cost, location, and distance to get to school "on time"?

Anyone looking for housing as well that needs a roommate? Let me know too!

Thanks everyone

DC1120 said:
Anyone from the Bay Area going to USC and looking for housing right now (or is it too early still)? Let me know!!! Thank you!

Hey,

So I heard you got accepted. Congrats! i'm also in the bay area but i haven't received anything yet. Where in the bay area are u from? I interviewed on 3/18. When did you interview? Hopefully if i hear something today then I'll definitely be going to USC too.

hi, everyone! i did not receive anything today so depress and worry so i called usc , the lady told me to wait
did anyone call and ask? can u post what she said?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.