USC Applicants, Students, Graduates

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The parking guy let me into the structure for free. Who said there were no advantages to being blonde?

Cheater:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

By the way you really need to change your User Title. It's not over yet!!

I know. That was actually in regards to the Razorbacks losing to Gators in the SEC championship game. Not really related to my desire to get in this year. I figured I'd change it when I get in somewhere.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know. That was actually in regards to the Razorbacks losing to Gators in the SEC championship game. Not really related to my desire to get in this year. I figured I'd change it when I get in somewhere.

Ahh...now I see. Come to think of it, my User Title might seem somewhat negative as well. Anyway, I'll stop hijacking now.

:( i got placed on active consideration in nov, and got rejected today .....

creestol, I'm sorry to hear that. Have you been accepted to other schools I hope? Gosh, USC is sucking right about now.

i got into MCPHS worcester. gosh i'm so upset right now tho.. wut am i? like the first person who got rejcted from active consideration?.. i didn't even make the waitlist. ugh

Sorry to hear your news Creestol, so strange though because I thought USC put everyone on active consideration until the very end!

i think they made a waiting list now

Awee..I'm sure you weren't the first. If it makes you feel better I got rejected outright without even being on hold for one of my other schools. I must've realllllllly sucked. LOL. MCPHS Worcester is a good school, so if you end up going there, you're gonna be out a year before the rest of us. A Pharm.D. is a Pharm.D, right? :oops:

I hope they don't start the wait list before the last interview... lol....

For those interested-

From the Feb 10, 2007 interview "of the 150 applicants, 37 have been offered admission for classes beginning Fall 2007. 72 have been placed in an "active consideration" status. Three candidates from the Nov and Jan "active consideration" group were admitted. A total of 124 candidates from all three interview sessions have been denied."

creestol- sorry about your rejection, but you're not the only one. There are 123 more out there like you. Look at the bright side- you have MCPHS. I like that school. :thumbup:

More waiting for me. hmm...I wonder how many are now on the active consideration list.

For those interested-

From the Feb 10, 2007 interview "of the 150 applicants, 37 have been offered admission for classes beginning Fall 2007. 72 have been placed in an "active consideration" status. Three candidates from the Nov and Jan "active consideration" group were admitted. A total of 124 candidates from all three interview sessions have been denied."

creestol- sorry about your rejection, but you're not the only one. There are 123 more out there like you. Look at the bright side- you have MCPHS. I like that school. :thumbup:

More waiting for me. hmm...I wonder how many are now on the active consideration list.

so how many spots have been accepted already? how many are left for the march people?

thanks. those are some great statistics. how do u know them btw?

I just got my "active consideration" letter today. The first paragraph had all the stats.

I have no idea how many seats are left. They have probably accepted <120 for a class of 185. Not everyone accepted too so there should be plenty of seats left. I'm guessing they will start to admit alot more ppl after the March interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my "active consideration" letter today. The first paragraph had all the stats.

I have no idea how many seats are left. They have probably accepted <120 for a class of 185. Not everyone accepted too so there should be plenty of seats left. I'm guessing they will start to admit alot more ppl after the March interview.

so they're gonna accept around 50 ppl for march? that's a lot don't u think? or maybe most of those will go to the waitlisters.

I'm thinking they will probably accept around the same amount (less than 40) for March like they did for the other interviews and take the rest from the active consideration list.

Now that UCSF and UCSD acceptances are out, there should be MORE spots for us hopefully!

I'm thinking they will probably accept around the same amount (less than 40) for March like they did for the other interviews and take the rest from the active consideration list.

Now that UCSF and UCSD acceptances are out, there should be MORE spots for us hopefully!

dang only 25% get in in the last 2 interviews. that's rough. apply early is best i see for USC.

dang only 25% get in in the last 2 interviews. that's rough. apply early is best i see for USC.

How many applicants interview on March, do you know?

* Guys, thank you for the parking tips :laugh:

Usually it's about 150 each time, right? But I don't know if they're going to keep it at that same number for March. Bah, I'm nervous about the interview...

Who's going to the March interview and what time?? Mines is at 9:35am. I just barely sent in my essay today--deadline date, as always. :D

Who's going to the March interview and what time?? Mines is at 9:35am. I just barely sent in my essay today--deadline date, as always. :D

mine's at 9am and i sent my essay in this morning haha. i think they already know who to take/admit (only 25%) b/c interviews are short i heard (rushed too)

so i interviewed on feb 10th...if i did not receive anything today, is it safe to say that i have been rejected? do you know of anyone who has recieved acceptance letters today?

Mine's at 9:35 also. Sent mine in at 2am today. I knew if it was during the day I'd get on the internet and start posting instead of writing.

Mine's at 11am. I'd better refresh myself with my application this weekend.
Looking back to the last schools, I feel like..aghhh I should've said this and that during my interviews...

I'm sorry to hear about your bad news, Creestol. You'd feel better after a long long cry just to let everything out. Trust me, I have been there. I hope this minor impediment will make you an even stronger person than you are now.

Take care,
MEMS

actually, it's a quarter for ONE ENTIRE HOUR! so no need to worry about the meter guys. also, there's plenty of parking.

A quarter gets you only 9-10 minutes at my school. I got a ticket two days ago for going over like 5 minutes. Booooo. :thumbdown:

Mine's at 9:35 also. Sent mine in at 2am today. I knew if it was during the day I'd get on the internet and start posting instead of writing.

Gosh that's exactly what I did when I was writing the essay-post, post post! Wellp, I'm looking forward to meeting you. I'll be the girl that looks utterly confused. :D

Got my rejection letter from USC 5 min ago. That's it for me.

Sorry to hear the bad news, Smallkitty. Hope you get some good news from the other schools you applied to. It's not over yet. Don't give up!

apparently acceptance letter for the 3rd interview is arleady sent out. Good luck everybody!:)

i also got rejection letter from USC..
however, i am lucky enough.. because i am going to be a western U studuent in this fall....
those who got acceptance.... congratulations~~~~
those who got rejection, don't lose hope.. you guys are going to get acceptance from other schools soon or later
Let's pray for all of us:luck:

Sorry to hear the bad news, Smallkitty. Hope you get some good news from the other schools you applied to. It's not over yet. Don't give up!

I haven't told my family this news yet...So far, I got rejected from UOP, USCF, and USC. I still haven'r heard anything from Western and LLU but I don't think I have a chance....

So, to reapply, I need to start with a new Pharmcas account, transcript, essays, and LORS. I'm worried about LORs because I'll be graduating this June. I really don't know which professors to ask. I'll be retaking Gen Bio 1 and 2 again this summer.

Good luck to everyone else who is still waiting.

please share your stats....for those who got accepted to usc or got an interview there

ur gpa..and any other info that made u competitive...

what does usc looks in a competitive applicant

thanks!!

please share your stats....for those who got accepted to usc or got an interview there

ur gpa..and any other info that made u competitive...

what does usc looks in a competitive applicant

thanks!!

29/M/Calfornia :D

3.50 Sci/3.59 Cum
No PCAT
BS Chem, Biochem option, Bio Minor
ECs: Married, 2 kids, Full-time Job, Full-time school,Various church positions
Golden Key Hnr Soc, Phi Kappa Phi Hnr Soc. (Notice no healthcare/pharmacy)
I'm assuming good LORs (I've never seen them)
Just update app last yesterday to show CPhT (Passed PTCE 2/9/07)

In addition to prereqs also took Medicinal Chemistry and Pharm Tech classes (Pharmacology, Pharmacy Calculations, and Intro to Pharmacy Systems)

:horns:

Farmercyst, I suddenly had this image of a 40 year old when you mentioned gray hairs. You're only 29, you silly goose. But then again, I'm 21 and I've found a strand of gray or two. I blame this whole application process. :D

21/F/California

B.S. Biology Minor Chem (May 2007)
PharmCAS Overall Gpa: 3.57
PharmCAS Science Gpa: 3.45
Pharmacy Exp: VA Long Beach Outpatient Pharmacy, Hemodialysis Shadowing
Volunteer: Clinical Care Extender at St. Mary Medical Center, Friendly Visitor for Council on Aging, just started Pathways Hospice but they don't know about it.
Clubs: National Society of Collegiate Scholars, National Gerontology Honor Society (Sigma Phi Omega), Red Cross

Farmercyst, I suddenly had this image of a 40 year old when you mentioned gray hairs. You're only 29, you silly goose. But then again, I'm 21 and I've found a strand of gray or two. I blame this whole application process. :D

If you look at mySDNspace you'll see the white patch on the left side.
I blame a fungus picked up at Huntington Beach on Memorial Day 2002. At least that's what the doctor said it was. The rest is coming in faster than usual, but that part's genetic. My grandma was completely gray by 35.

Oh gosh, I didn't know the beach can do that to you. But on the upside, your family looks so cute together! :oops:

OMG I just got accepted.. TOTALLY SUPRISED!

I interviewed back in January

congrats polarbear. i know you were very pessimistic of your chance. man, u must be on a REAL high ;)

Congrats PolarBear! Guess you are one of the three they accepted. :)

So..are you choosing USC over Midwestern?

polarbear, Congrats!!! :D

Congrats polarbear! I just got my acceptance too! :) I am still in disbelief considering i thought I did horribly at my interview...must've done something right. Good luck to all those still waiting!

congrats polarbear. i know you were very pessimistic of your chance. man, u must be on a REAL high ;)

I know! I thought for sure I was a goner, I even put myself on the Wall of Shame thread for USC.

I'm still not 100% sure though which school I am going to go to, its going to be a tough choice!!! I'm so happy though I got into USC! I'm in total disbelief.

PolarBEAR! congrats! i know you hear this a lot, but can you post your stats? and what school you are grad from?

PolarBEAR! congrats! i know you hear this a lot, but can you post your stats? and what school you are grad from?

My stats are all over this msg board, but for some reason i'm only now becoming paranoid about being identified in real life, so I will PM you my stats instead.

I got letter from usc that i'll continue to be in active consideration. heh guess that's a good thing? polarbear, i was wondering if usc's rank as one of the top 20 pharm schools in the nation, will help sway you in your decision to go to usc? If I remember correctly, you also got into Touro right, so it seems like USC is a better school to go to since USC pharm school's been established 100 year and have made necessary changes in the curriculum. I feel Touro will still be able to prepare students to become good pharmacists, just that its newer and its reputation is not as well-known as that of usc. anywayz i was just thinking about that.. hah

Status
Not open for further replies.