UPENN_ 2013 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
omg........really?????..........God help us get through.........!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got interview invitation today by mail. The date I should discuss with them starting from mid september.

Got interview invitation today by mail. The date I should discuss with them starting from mid september.

Congrat BArbie21! That's great.
Would u please let us know about your work experience?
Thank you

Hey, guys. Thank you! I applied through Caapid in 05/26, got application complete in 07/20. My stats: part 1 -96, part 2-pass, toefl 110, gpa 3.71. 2 years of work experience as a dental assistant ib US.
Good luck to all of you, hope u receive yr invites soon!

Hey, guys. Thank you! I applied through Caapid in 05/26, got application complete in 07/20. My stats: part 1 -96, part 2-pass, toefl 110, gpa 3.71. 2 years of work experience as a dental assistant ib US.

Awesome stats :) Congratulations. Thanks for the update. Wish you the best for the interview.

congrats barbie..........did ne1else recv intrvw invitiee????????

any other credentials,like CDE courses or any research experience or any presentations?

Members don't see this ad :)
hey did ne1gt intrvw mail today???

Just 1 iv yet? Can we call them to know the status of our application..has anyone done that ..do they respond?

hey congrats ,i need to knw if we can work as dental assistant on b1/b2 visa,,on which visa u wer working .

How many have yet got iv calls from upenn?? hop this yr is really a tough fight?? feels like patience is being tested...:scared::scared::scared::scared::idea::idea::idea:

How many have yet got iv calls from upenn?? hop this yr is really a tough fight?? feels like patience is being tested...:scared::scared::scared::scared::idea::idea::idea:

Wait, why would you hope that this year is a really tough fight? :confused:

Hey guys,
Did u all receive an application complete mail or e-mail? I've applied at the end of July and haven't heard from them. Please tell me how long it usually takes for them to inform you of any missing documents or a complete status?

Thanks

Hey guys,
Did u all receive an application complete mail or e-mail? I've applied at the end of July and haven't heard from them. Please tell me how long it usually takes for them to inform you of any missing documents or a complete status?

Thanks

Usually 6-8 weeks is what they told me. But it'll come soon don't worry. If you're paranoid just give them a ring. It's hard to get a hold of them, but you may get lucky! :thumbup:

Hey guys,

Thanks

Hi i applied to caapid at the end of july and my caapid applictn is maild out on aug2 to all the schools ( penn too)...But i hav submitted my supplimentl application on aug 4th and it reached them on aug 6th...i received an application complete email a couple of days back.
I kept calg them since 10 days but couldnt get hold of them...but finally i receivd applicatn complete email..
I suggest you to cal and also email them to know the status of ur applicatn:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for your inputs Lucky2bdoc and and dentovis.
I try to call them or I'll send an e-mail.
The best

Wait, why would you hope that this year is a really tough fight? :confused:

quite obvious..coz I called them and thy told that no.of applicants greatly increased this yr and is a big competition..I hop u kno now y a tough fight or competition

quite obvious..coz I called them and thy told that no.of applicants greatly increased this yr and is a big competition..I hop u kno now y a tough fight or competition

all this is becasue of the *@#* DAT exam at nyu...125 seats goen for many ..people are applying to all other colleges..:(
..why didnt they just add part 2 as a requirement or even a bench exam

all this is becasue of the *@#* DAT exam at nyu...125 seats goen for many ..people are applying to all other colleges..:(
..why didnt they just add part 2 as a requirement or even a bench exam
I can uderstand Nyu, they want scores to compare applicants. But I cant understand the new policy of national boards without scores. Why they did it with all that competition we have?

Does anyone know what do they mean by "writing sample exercise"

whats happening guys.. anyone got interview letter .. everywhere rejection n rejections...

nthng from penn,,,no answer from buffalo...after cont revw,,,........i thnk now i need to gve DAT......rather part2.....confused!!!!!!!!

Thanks
My part 1 score is 96
Gpa 4
Dental assistant 2 years
experience in europe as an exchange student 3 months
I really think part 2 is very imp now

Thanks
My part 1 score is 96
Gpa 4
Dental assistant 2 years
experience in europe as an exchange student 3 months
I really think part 2 is very imp now

Thanks for your input Dr dds.
Do people with GreenCard have a better chance for UPenn?
Next year I'll get my GC.

Well i am a us citizen
Don't know much about their policies regarding us/ non us citizens

Well i am a us citizen
Don't know much about their policies regarding us/ non us citizens

Ok, thank you Dr dds.
When did you submit your CAAPID and Supplemental, and how long after receipt of completion mail, you received the invite?
Thanks.

i applied in April and got appl complete in may

Guys, I got the invite letter but have to clue on how to schedule my interview, does any one know how to do that, is it as simple as calling them or do I have to send them an email. Thanks for help

Guys, I got the invite letter but have to clue on how to schedule my interview, does any one know how to do that, is it as simple as calling them or do I have to send them an email. Thanks for help
I sceduled via an e-mail

Guys,

This is for everyone who got an interview call. Congrats to begin with, I was in you shoes last year! Please do not get stressed. Penn is the most comfortable interview you can ever have, it is more like a friendly conversation. Just be true to yourself and your application credentials. Just speak the truth on whatever is in your application. If you got an interview call remember they saw something on your application they liked. No scores, work experience, etc etc matter anymore. So if people on the day of the interview flaunt a NBDE part 1 of 96, please dont feel u will not make it! Probably they might not...u never know! Good luck to everyone! Please no personal messages, I can help everyone in a healthy discussion here- Thanks

Guys,

This is for everyone who got an interview call. Congrats to begin with, I was in you shoes last year! Please do not get stressed. Penn is the most comfortable interview you can ever have, it is more like a friendly conversation. Just be true to yourself and your application credentials. Just speak the truth on whatever is in your application. If you got an interview call remember they saw something on your application they liked. No scores, work experience, etc etc matter anymore. So if people on the day of the interview flaunt a NBDE part 1 of 96, please dont feel u will not make it! Probably they might not...u never know! Good luck to everyone! Please no personal messages, I can help everyone in a healthy discussion here- Thanks

Omg, you just made my night! :D I haven't gotten a call, but the stress of it all was eating at me. You really put my nerves to rest! Thanks so much! If I do manage to get an interview, I really hope to meet you asquare312! ;):thumbup: Thanks a bunch!

Hey asquare312,
Thanks for your message. It really makes the whole puzzle clear.
I too have not received any call yet. But I hope I receive.:D
Do you know anyone who had applied very late but still received an interview? Do they consider the late applicants the same?

Thank you

Guys,

Hey, asquare312,
Could you please share your experience in the program. How many patients do students see per day? How long is training in the clinical lab? Thank you!