UPENN_ 2013 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree cause I experience the same!!! We could wait till early next week I presume. Although I have not come across anything on the website which says when they would start sending IVs

It says early August in our application complete letters. I believe that we are slowly approaching mid-August.

Members don't see this ad.

i would wait till the 15th of this month, the deadline for applications...thn we could call them up regarding the interviews...

I just know that they will be sending in Aug... when did you apply?
BTW like your member ID "thisismytime"...:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I just know that they will be sending in Aug... when did you apply?
BTW like your member ID "thisismytime"...:)

I applied at the beginning of June. Trust me, this is my time. Hopefully it's your as well. ;)

Does anyone know Sharon Puterbaugh ( Admissions Asst of Penn PASS ) a female or male ?
Thx a Lot

application complete mail recvd.......today!!!!!!!

Does anyone know Sharon Puterbaugh ( Admissions Asst of Penn PASS ) a female or male ?
Thx a Lot

female picks d phn...everytime...........dunno.......

Did anyone get in touch with UPenn? I tried calling yesterday but they fail to pick up. I want to know what's going on with the invites. It's hitting mid-August and last year people got in earlier.

19th july.....but dey gt my nbde report last week..so was delayed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

people who got iv from penn can tell me in how many days we have to tell university regarding acceptance of iv after getting iv call?

Members don't see this ad :)
people who got iv from penn can tell me in how many days we have to tell university regarding acceptance of iv after getting iv call?

hey..........hav dey started sending invitations.......omg.......one mre heart breaking news....is it so.......:eek:

hey Molar 5678, did u get the interview call?

Its really strange that they havn't sent out any iv's yet.. they were going to start in the first wekk of aug itself.. even michigan hasn't sent out any interviews yet..

Its really strange that they havn't sent out any iv's yet.. they were going to start in the first wekk of aug itself.. even michigan hasn't sent out any interviews yet..

Does this go to say we are facing tremendous competition?

Well I know that Michigan will be sending out interviews at the end of this month and the interview will be held at the end of September. And I agree with smilemeter. As the years go by people get left over and it accumulates with the new graduates and others who want to apply to the states. Guaranteed in the next three years there will be over 1000 applicants to schools like Upenn,etc. :eek:

Well I know that Michigan will be sending out interviews at the end of this month and the interview will be held at the end of September. And I agree with smilemeter. As the years go by people get left over and it accumulates with the new graduates and others who want to apply to the states. Guaranteed in the next three years there will be over 1000 applicants to schools like Upenn,etc. :eek:

I agree and the picture is disconcerting!!! Fingers crossed! I am devising techniques to beat the stress out these days! I guess the pre-admission period is a lot more stressful than what we would go through as IDP students!! Good luck to everyone who's waiting out there.

I agree and the picture is disconcerting!!! Fingers crossed! I am devising techniques to beat the stress out these days! I guess the pre-admission period is a lot more stressful than what we would go through as IDP students!! Good luck to everyone who's waiting out there.

im soo eagerly waitin for the update... i know it soo stressful. all da best to you as well :)

Finally i too got my application status complete email...............

Thank you for your interest in the University of Pennsylvania School of Dental Medicine (UPSDM). We have received your CAAPID application; Penn Dental PASS supplemental application, Application Fee, Letters of Evaluation, NBDE Part I, TOEFL score, transcripts, ECE Evaluation, and a copy of your diploma. You application is complete and will be reviewed by the Admissions Committee in the coming months.
You will be contacted, in writing, should the Admissions Comittee grant you an invitation for a personal interview in Philadelphia. We will begin sending interview invitations in early August until late November when our interview slots will reach capacity. Interviews will be conducted from late September through early December. All candidates will be notified, in writing, of their status as soon as a decision is made. Please note that your status will not be updated through the CAAPID applicant portal. We appreciate your patience during the admissions process

have posted what they emailed me

Its the same thing that comes via writing! May be they decided to email cause of overwhelming number of applications! Anyways, good luck again. Let us all hope for the best

and yet another week starts and no news from upenn yet...20th august !!! ..wonder whats taking them so long...

Any news from Upenn?? Last week I called to ask average numbers of applicants in 2013 cycle. They said approx 600 applications they have received for 2013. Any one know more about this? how many students will be interviewed?

stress is in d air dese days......no news from PENN.......aug is bout to end.......600 + applicants everywhr.......

Yes everywhere same. It seems like this year the program is too competitive. Stress in the sky. Hope good thing will happen for everyone who deserve it. I am so stressed out:mad:

Yes everywhere same. It seems like this year the program is too competitive. Stress in the sky. Hope good thing will happen for everyone who deserve it. I am so stressed out:mad:

yeah and especially since nyu is out for many people ...the scene is really bad at other colleges...600+ ...might reach 900 for the other colleges with late deadlines..

600???? last year were around 260.... same for other schools??what happened this year to be so much difference? so stressed...

Dont know why but more applicants means more competiton and more stress. This waiting period is killing me. And its already last week of August.

Does UPenn take recent graduates? I don't have much experience and I know this school is all about the EXPERIENCE. Before it was the board marks... but it can't be that anymore. And... yup... still waiting. I heard they only call 10 at a time though... so ... not sure how this gonna work.

Does UPenn take recent graduates? I don't have much experience and I know this school is all about the EXPERIENCE. Before it was the board marks... but it can't be that anymore. And... yup... still waiting. I heard they only call 10 at a time though... so ... not sure how this gonna work.

hey i am a recent graduate too, not much experience and i applied very late. i think we have done our part now just layback and let them do their job...good luck.

Any news from upen? I wonder when will the IV start// And above all its a new format this year. No idea what they are looking for in a candidate...:confused: