UPENN_ 2013 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey..just wondering did anyone from CANADA hear from PENN.. pls respond...

Yeah just heard abt 1:xf:

Members don't see this ad.

I was an early applicant but just found out a girl from brampton getting iv for jan 10 th ..so anxiety is still to boggle us..good luck!

well good to know some Canadians are getting calls as well! Now hoping there are still going to send out some more! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
for jan 10....:eek::eek:???

Dont worry, someone has bluffed! 10th Jan is a Thursday so it is not possible to get a call from UPenn on that day...

Here is something from UPenn website:

"PASS interviews are conducted on Tuesdays".

here is the link if you would like to confirm:
http://www.dental.upenn.edu/academi...ram_for_advanced_standing_students/PASS_admin

Scroll down to the Interview Process part and read...

Also:

"applicants with strong credentials are required to appear for personal interviews from mid-September 2012 through early December 2012 "

So if they have ivs only untill early dec how can someone get a call for Jan???

People please DONT PANIC on rumors!!!

Last edited:
Dont worry, someone has bluffed! 10th Jan is a Thursday so it is not possible to get a call from UPenn on that day...

http://www.dental.upenn.edu/academi...ram_for_advanced_standing_students/PASS_admin

Also:

"applicants with strong credentials are required to appear for personal interviews from mid-September 2012 through early December 2012 "

hmmm, you are right, it seems like it does not fit the information given on the website... thank you for fact-checking and reducing some of the stress! :)

Also:

hey thanks...ye u r rite,,i knew it...thats y was bit shocked ,as this year things are happening differently.....

rejection from upenn... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Sorry to hear about being rejected! One question...when did you apply?

Hey is any one going for interview on 30 oct i heard there is hurricane on monday and tuesday....don't know what to do as my flight will be cancelled due to weather conditions.......should i prepone my flight but don'tknow if school will be open in extreme weather condition or not....cant contact school to get updates ...does anyone has idea what should i do......please suggest

I suggest that you email UPenn. They most likely won't be open tomorrow, but call them (and email) tomorrow in any case, and find out when you can reschedule. Good luck.

I was wondering if everyone who applied to UPenn has got a letter from them...? I still haven't got mine and am a little worried..

Members don't see this ad :)
I was wondering if everyone who applied to UPenn has got a letter from them...? I still haven't got mine and am a little worried..

i have not gotten a letter either....i was wondering the same thing!

[
hey i rung up yesterday n was told that they wld b sending out a slot of iv's soon..so nothing just sit n wait..good luck to all:thumbup:

[
hey i rung up yesterday n was told that they wld b sending out a slot of iv's soon..so nothing just sit n wait..good luck to all:thumbup:

thank you for finding out! really appreciate the effort on your part and also posting it on here :) hopefully there will be some good news for all of us waiting!

Hello Everyone,

Good luck to those who are waiting for the reply from school and congratulation to those who got accepted in Upenn.

Day before yesterday, I received an acceptance call from Corky. If there is anyone who is also accepted in Upenn, Please come forward.

Thank you

Dear Dentist86,

Congratulation on your acceptance in Upenn. I also interviewed on Oct. 16 at Upenn.
On 11/05/2012 I also got an acceptance call from Corky. We can be in contact and share more information about what should be the next step. Please post your reply at your convenience.

Thank you

Guys I think we can now make a Facebook account for all those got acceptance call

congrats ..can u plz share your stats

Dear dr. dds,

Congratulation on your acceptance at Upenn. I absolutely agree with you that we all should make an account. If you already have facebook account we can be friends or we can take the initiation to create a facebook page of all of us.
I again request accepted applicants at Upenn to come forward and share their thoughts about where to live while studying at Upenn.

Good Luck to all

Dear ash 78,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your question.
Part 1 score 92
Toefl score 102
Work Experience Working as a dental assistant in Private dental office in USA for last 1.5 years &
serving as a volunteer in community dental hospital for last 1 year in USA.

Good Luck

Dear ash 78,

Sorry for the delay in replying to your question.
Part 1 score 92
Toefl score 102
Work Experience Working as a dental assistant in Private dental office in USA for last 1.5 years &
serving as a volunteer in community dental hospital for last 1 year in USA.

Good Luck

congratulations!

Hi,
I am putting in my Facebook link u can add me. I was trying to search under Latika but couldn't find the exact.............

Last edited:
Dear dr. dds,

Congratulation on your acceptance at Upenn. I absolutely agree with you that we all should make an account. If you already have facebook account we can be friends or we can take the initiation to create a facebook page of all of us.
I again request accepted applicants at Upenn to come forward and share their thoughts about where to live while studying at Upenn.

Good Luck to all

Hi Latika,

You can add me, my Facebook addd is as follows:

Last edited:
Any updates on number of people who has been accepted to upenn?
Any rejections after interview?

What's the total number of students they taking this year?

Did anyone receive Alternate status from UPENN ? I got the wait listed postal mail today. Any idea how many have been placed in the alternate status ?

I have been placed on alternate list as well. Do any of the alternate list candidates get acceptance? Also, I heard there is no rank on the alternate list.:(

hey wat r ur stats..even 2 be shortlisted..I not sure if I should even apply for these schools..anymore :-( pls advise..will be alot of help coz I do not have much funds to spare for this applications

Iam also in the alternate list.. Keeping my hopes up ...

Anybody from waiting list got call?