UOP 2009 application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I think they mean they got rejected and wanted a second chance...

I don't think there's an official appeals process...I would simply thank them for putting their effort into your app this year, and tell them that you are still interested should anything come up...
If it is a rejection, there is little or nothing you can do except ask them later how you can improve yourself. If it is a waitlist and you really want to go there, try a letter of intent. This worked for my friend and med school.

Members don't see this ad.

Is there a facebook group for UOP Pharm D. c/o 2012?

Members don't see this ad :)
just got my acceptance email this morning. interview in early February

I finally heard back from UOP via email...but they said that there were not enough spots available to interview me and ..."that you were given high consideration and a late decision is due to the fact of many strengths found in your application." :( Advice to future applicants: apply EARLY!!!

If it is a rejection, there is little or nothing you can do except ask them later how you can improve yourself. If it is a waitlist and you really want to go there, try a letter of intent. This worked for my friend and med school.

Is on hold different from a waitlist, or it is worse than a waitlist?

Is on hold different from a waitlist, or it is worse than a waitlist?

Yes "on hold" is different from "waitlist." I think "on hold" is granted w/o an interview.

Sorry, but, no. On hold means you are not denied but they are waiting to finish the rest of the interviews. It is NOT a waitlist. I was on hold last year and then got denied, my best friend was on hold and made the waitlist and then got in.....So basically if you are on hold you will hear from them late march or early April (not too sure of when). They will send out Acceptances, waitlist with high, low, ect., and denials. Good Luck to all those still waiting. And for those who did not make it, keep trying-persistance pays off ;)

Interviews: USC, UCSD, USN, Pacific Oregon, Touro
Accepted: UOP :D

Sorry, but, no. On hold means you are not denied but they are waiting to finish the rest of the interviews. It is NOT a waitlist. I was on hold last year and then got denied, my best friend was on hold and made the waitlist and then got in.....So basically if you are on hold you will hear from them late march or early April (not too sure of when). They will send out Acceptances, waitlist with high, low, ect., and denials. Good Luck to all those still waiting. And for those who did not make it, keep trying-persistance pays off ;)

Interviews: USC, UCSD, USN, Pacific Oregon, Touro
Accepted: UOP :D
wow you are the re-applicant and accepted this year. I was being put on hold this year. (USC active consideration). I believe it is like a rejection. I am thinking to apply nex year. I know you have to write completely new essays.
How many NEW Letter of Recs you have to submit this year (for all the schools you apply this yr as a reapplicant)?????????
Do they keep your OLD LORs in file? how did you improve your self?
Thank you

wow you are the re-applicant and accepted this year. I was being put on hold this year. (USC active consideration). I believe it is like a rejection. I am thinking to apply nex year. I know you have to write completely new essays.
How many NEW Letter of Recs you have to submit this year (for all the schools you apply this yr as a reapplicant)?????????
Do they keep your OLD LORs in file? how did you improve your self?
Thank you

You don't have to write new essays, just update them, at least thats what i did. And being on hold is not rejection, my buddy was on two waitlists last year and got accepted to both in June. For LOR you do have to resend them to pharmCAS when you re-apply, I sent four (1 prof, 3 pharmacists) And i improved by finishing my degree and minor, adding extra curriculars and volunteer work. Volunteering is huge!!! Also if your getting interviews but not getting in, practice your interviewing, I was horrible at interviewing but i practiced alot and it eventually paid off. Good luck and I hope this helps

Members don't see this ad :)
I finally heard back from UOP via email...but they said that there were not enough spots available to interview me and ..."that you were given high consideration and a late decision is due to the fact of many strengths found in your application." :( Advice to future applicants: apply EARLY!!!

how come some are emailed and some are USPS letter rejections?

yea i got about the same thing but in the mail. i turned in my app Nov 1.

I think they forgot to input some stuff into my file in the beginning because the Check Dates on the online status page was blank for the longest time. I had to call the office to ask, and then they told me it was a good thing i called, and that they would immediately "complete" my file and put it in for consideration. i got a letter in the mail about 1-2 wks after that letting me know that it is officially complete, and is in line for review. so many what-if's....

Can anyone let me know if I have an afternoon interview, what time it will end?

Can anyone let me know if I have an afternoon interview, what time it will end?

ehh.. I think the whole day is like 4 hours long? there's interview, but there's also a tour of the school and there's the written essay portion which is another hour and so on. don't expect it to be a quick day.

ehh.. I think the whole day is like 4 hours long? there's interview, but there's also a tour of the school and there's the written essay portion which is another hour and so on. don't expect it to be a quick day.
Yeah, if you have an afternoon interview (which they tell you to be there by 12:30 or something), you can expect you will be at the school until around 4:00 or so.

Accepted peeps...when should we expect some more info from UOP? It just seems a little weird not hearing anything since the acceptance packet wayyyy back in November. And my InsidePacific somehow has nothing on it when I log in...lol

Accepted peeps...when should we expect some more info from UOP? It just seems a little weird not hearing anything since the acceptance packet wayyyy back in November. And my InsidePacific somehow has nothing on it when I log in...lol

My InsidePacific doesn't show anything either. When does school start?

School starts at the end of August. It should be around the 24th for next school year. Your orientation will be a few days before classes start.

As for hearing from the school, I seem to remember not getting anything until towards the end of May as far as more information. If you are concerned about that, I would give them a call, but don't be too worried about not hearing anything. The majority of the information comes in the summer.

Last edited:

All I've heard from UOP is that they want a copy of my W2.. otherwise I think they're still busy finishing interviews and finalizing the class.

Orientation is August 20-21, classes probably start the next week.

For some reason, I think there is a "pre-orientation" or mixer of some sort in June. I don't remember where I got that idea; perhaps last year's UOP thread or the 2011 facebook group. (I've looked at a crapload of UOP/Stockton things trying to figure out housing over the last couple months so I can't always remember why something sticks in my brain..)

All I've heard from UOP is that they want a copy of my W2.. otherwise I think they're still busy finishing interviews and finalizing the class.

Orientation is August 20-21, classes probably start the next week.

For some reason, I think there is a "pre-orientation" or mixer of some sort in June. I don't remember where I got that idea; perhaps last year's UOP thread or the 2011 facebook group. (I've looked at a crapload of UOP/Stockton things trying to figure out housing over the last couple months so I can't always remember why something sticks in my brain..)

Where did you start when you started looking for Housing in Stockton?

Where did you start when you started looking for Housing in Stockton?

I found ForRent.com had the most listings and information (although I've yet to confirm the prices). I also opened up google maps and searched "apartments Stockton, CA". One of my pharmacists did her undergrad at UOP years ago so I asked her advice (she said the Quail Lakes area is nice and close to food/mall/campus) - however she pointed to an area on the map and said she lived at apartment complexes there.. but I hadn't found any apartments in that area online. My future roommate and I live in the Sacramento area so we are just gonna go down to Stockton in a couple weeks and drive around and check things out. I'm pretty doubtful anyone's going to be able to tell us if they'll have open units in August but at least we can pick out a few places to revisit later.

I keep meaning to email financial aid but haven't gotten around to it yet - maybe there are some current UOP students hanging around - I wonder what kind of housing budget is figured into our loan package?

For those who were put on hold until March and had an interview in November, have you received anything yet?

For those who were put on hold until March and had an interview in November, have you received anything yet?

Nope, it said we'll get something in late March...so time's approaching. Were we supposed to send in our transcripts to UOP after December?

Hope not I only sent it to pharmcas. Don't they forward it
Nope, it said we'll get something in late March...so time's approaching. Were we supposed to send in our transcripts to UOP after December?

March 15thFinal selections made and decision letters begin to go out. March 31stAll selections made and mailed by this date.^I copied and paste from the UOP website.

Hmmm, what's the diffference between "final selections" and "all selections"? Does final selectoins mean those are the people selected and all selections are people they rank on the waitlist or given rejection letters? I don't see what the difference is...

Last edited:
Just opened an email from Veronica. I'll be joining the c/o 2012!!

Interviewed March 13

Last edited:
Did u guys send in ur transcripts to pharmcas or straight to uop??

Do you guys think that if I don't get email today, that means I am not accepted?

Are you from UOP? On that day, so many people're from UOP.

I'm not from UOP. I don't think anyone else was either. UOP students don't interview till end of March so everyone at the March 13 interview should have been transfer applicants. Unless....the students were UOP students who are not in the pre-pharmacy program???

Also, don't call Veronica because they said it would take 2-3 weeks so you should not be worrying right now. Just wait it out. GL.

Yea. I mean UOP students but not from the pre-pharm program.

I haven't received my package yet and everyone at work is asking. They're anxious to replace me. Thanks!

I haven't received my package yet and everyone at work is asking. They're anxious to replace me. Thanks!

I received an email from Veronica a couple days ago saying that students will be receiving an enrollment package in April.

I am sure you'll receive it soon :). Where do you work at?

I work in a retail pharmacy. Nothing special. But we are extremely busy so we need to hire someone early to train. Many people come and then quit because they can't hang in such an intense atmosphere so we need to hire early.

I was looking at the academic calendar that was provided through the previous post and noticed that there is a registration period from July 6-13..
Does that mean we have to go down to Stockton on that date to register ?

I was looking at the academic calendar that was provided through the previous post and noticed that there is a registration period from July 6-13..
Does that mean we have to go down to Stockton on that date to register ?
No, registration is done online through insidePacific. You will receive all of the registration info with your acceptance packet. Or maybe it is in a second packet of info they send you, I don't really remember. You shouldn't need to come to Stockton before you move here for Orientation.