UOP 2009 application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi!

I interviewed in October, was later placed on hold..but recently been accepted.

I am looking for housing in brookside. For those of you interested in renting a house or apartment...PM me.

Members don't see this ad.

congrats degree, ahhh im nervous now were u notified by email ?

Hi degreeofreedom,

Congrats on your acceptance. When did they notify you about your status? Email or snail mail?

Members don't see this ad :)
For those who have been accepted, after you made the confirmation with deposit, did you receive any other packet or additional information?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Hi!

I interviewed in October, was later placed on hold..but recently been accepted.

I am looking for housing in brookside. For those of you interested in renting a house or apartment...PM me.

Hi Sorry,I am quite new here. How do I PM someone? Thanks.

Hi Sorry,I am quite new here. How do I PM someone? Thanks.

Scroll over to their name, click on it, and a list of options will appear. Choose the option where you can send them a private message (PM).

For those who have been accepted, after you made the confirmation with deposit, did you receive any other packet or additional information?

Thanks in advance

Veronica sent out an email last week saying info would be coming in April.

I'm turning down my UOP acceptance guys, 1 more spot open for all of you. GL.

Anyone looking for a roommate? I'm interested in apartments/houses within 10 minutes driving distance from the school. PM me and we'll chat!

I live in Sacramento and don't really want to move to Stockton... I am going to commute to school every day... maybe someone here wants to carpool????:)

I live in Sacramento and don't really want to move to Stockton... I am going to commute to school every day... maybe someone here wants to carpool????:)

That's a good idea. I know someone who does that right now. I've submitted my contract for Brookside. If that doesn't happen and I can't find a good place in Stockton with people then I might live in Sacramento.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a good idea. I know someone who does that right now. I've submitted my contract for Brookside. If that doesn't happen and I can't find a good place in Stockton with people then I might live in Sacramento.

In general, the immunizations for students (esp. ones in health care) are all the same. Work on this list and you'll be covered.

PPD (within the past year...some schools require 2)
Hep B (3 shot series...they just require that you start the series by the time school starts. When you finish, you'll need to verify immunity with a titer.)
MMR
TDaP
IPV
Varicella (if you had chickenpox as a kid, you'll need a titer to prove immunity)

Since some of these are childhood vaccinations, see if you can find your old shot record. If not, they'll require a titer for each. Hope this helps.

a laptop is included in the tuition right so everyone has the same one?

arghhh!!!!

but dont wanna lose hope.

MAN!!! i thought the interview went well too! shoot :eek:

Me 2. Do you know how many people in the waitlist?

a laptop is included in the tuition right so everyone has the same one?

Yes, I heard we will get them at orientation. Also this years are supposed to be pretty kick A**

Thanks. I didn't get that email. So we won't find out about all the immunizations we need until then I guess.

The packet should include the 09-10 academic calendar (which is on the web already), tuition costs and due dates (I just got my financial aid packet yesterday), and student health center info and immunization forms.

This looks like last year's, but it's probably the same for next year: http://web.pacific.edu/Documents/student-life/health services/acrobat/0708graduatewelcome.pdf

Don't get your PPD yet because they want it within 3 months of school starting!

This looks like last year's, but it's probably the same for next year: http://web.pacific.edu/Documents/student-life/health services/acrobat/0708graduatewelcome.pdf
Yes, the form on page 8 is the form that we turned in this year. I don't see any reason why there would be a different form for you guys to turn in next year.

As for our laptops, yes, they are given to you at Orientation. The cost of the laptop is included as part of a "technology fee" in your tuition. This fee also covers the licensing for some of the drug information software that you receive as well. After you graduate, the laptops are yours to keep. The laptops we are using this year are the Lenovo X61 Tablets and yes, they are pretty sweet. You can search Google to find out more information about them. I don't know if your class will be getting the same laptop as ours, but after talking to the head of IT the other day, it seemed as though your class will be getting the Lenovos as well.

hmmm, you may want to rethink that.

Commuting 45+ minutes a day will be extremely tiresome.

Also, there are extra credit events that happen at like 6 pm. So if you choose to do so, you'd have to stay all the way until the event starts and so forth.

If you can do it, by all means go for it. I just know I'd be out of gas (no pun intended) if I drove to school every day.

Every incoming 1st year gets a backpack and laptop that is paid for through the tuition. It's quite nice, except Vista SUCKS.

hmmm, you may want to rethink that.

Commuting 45+ minutes a day will be extremely tiresome.

Also, there are extra credit events that happen at like 6 pm. So if you choose to do so, you'd have to stay all the way until the event starts and so forth.

If you can do it, by all means go for it. I just know I'd be out of gas (no pun intended) if I drove to school every day.

Every incoming 1st year gets a backpack and laptop that is paid for through the tuition. It's quite nice, except Vista SUCKS.

Living in Stockton SUCKS.

Just my opinion.

I'll be commuting also.

i think that commuting.. more than 30 minutes is not worth it ....
to and fro it would be 60 minutes of driving a day... .
5 hours of driving a week....
on top of that gas would cost a lot....
i once tried to do that and could not last more than 2 months....
i had free accomodation at a relative's place 30 minutes away from campus.... but the driving was too much for me...
i feel it was way too much of a hassle...

plus... we're here to study right... so even if stockton sucks..
just have to make the best of it... for the next 2 years...

:)

Thank you guys for your opinions and advices. I am still inclining to commute from Sacramento. If I were single and w/o kids, I would definately move to Stockton... To tell the truth, I am not a very good driver :scared: but now I have to consider many things such as kids' school, daycare, safety etc...

Aznkukuboi,

Since you are a student, do you know the odds of transfer students getting off the waitlist and into Brookside apartments? I'm also not sure I really want to stay in Brookside either. It would cost half the amount to live off campus, maybe even cheaper. Can you give me/us the pros and cons. Thanks!

Any girls/guys thinking about renting an apartment or house off campus? Let's PM and chat :)

Aznkukuboi,

Since you are a student, do you know the odds of transfer students getting off the waitlist and into Brookside apartments? I'm also not sure I really want to stay in Brookside either. It would cost half the amount to live off campus, maybe even cheaper. Can you give me/us the pros and cons. Thanks!

hmm the chance of getting in Brookside a good since there's a lot of 2nd years leaving and a few empty rooms here and there.

I know the cost is quite a lot, but unless you are living like a few minutes away, I would get tired of waking up early in the morning to drive to class. Back in high school, I got into an accident once since I was pretty tired, albeit the class was at 7 am.

Living on campus means I can wake up at late as possible and walk to class within 3 minutes. And since there are lab times scattered randomly throughout the day, it's easy to go back to my room and change or sleep or whatever I want.

Also, you are living with a billion other pharmacy students. If you make good friends, you'll receive lots of help. BUT if you live with crappy ass roommates, especially of another culture, it may be hard to adjust living with them. I have a white friend living with 3 Asians. I don't know how she survives.

However, is money is an issue, off campus is the better choice. People have been doing that for a while and are fine.

EDIT:

The school just announced they have over accepted students and anticipate a surge of incoming freshman. Getting into brookside will be impossible.

Last edited:
i have a question regarding waitlist. If anyone can help me with any advice or comments, please feel free.
I interviewed in january, didn't get accepted but got placed on hold, got a letter a few weeks ago saying i am now placed "on the top of the waitlist." What are my chances? I really want to go to UOP, are there any experiences of waitlist from last year? or anything! Thanks so much! and congrats to all those who got accepted!

I am in Sacramento. I hope I can get in the next year. then we can carpool!

"EDIT:

The school just announced they have over accepted students and anticipate a surge of incoming freshman. Getting into brookside will be impossible.[/quote]"

Nice to know your school tells the students this. Thanks for the notice, it's appreciated.

((edit)) Oops I messed up on quoting and I don't know how to fix it. Quote is from Aznkukuboi

Last edited:
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=148194040511&ref=mf

As has been mentioned above, the school just changed its policy regarding the Brookside residence hall. This facebook group has all of the information regarding this issue. Any of you that have been accepted, please feel free to call the school and voice your concerns as well. One of the best things about UOP is that they take student feedback very seriously and will listen to the concerns of their students.

I received my waitlist form today asking if I want to be on it, or if I'd rather withdraw my application. It said that "The overall strength of your application profile indicates you will be placed toward the top portion of the list." Is that what they tell everyone? Or do they actually give you an honest estimation? I'm leaning more towards just withdrawing my application anyhow, but I'm still curious.

"EDIT:

The school just announced they have over accepted students and anticipate a surge of incoming freshman. Getting into brookside will be impossible.
"

Nice to know your school tells the students this. Thanks for the notice, it's appreciated.

((edit)) Oops I messed up on quoting and I don't know how to fix it. Quote is from Aznkukuboi[/quote]

It looks like no hope for wait list people.

"

((edit)) Oops I messed up on quoting and I don't know how to fix it. Quote is from Aznkukuboi

It looks like no hope for wait list people.[/QUOTE]

plenty of hope actually...the over acceptances are from the 1st year undergrads, not pharmacy students. :luck:

It looks like no hope for wait list people.

plenty of hope actually...the over acceptances are from the 1st year undergrads, not pharmacy students. :luck:[/quote]

Oops. lol. I made mistakes. Sorry guys. :xf:

plenty of hope actually...the over acceptances are from the 1st year undergrads, not pharmacy students
The over-acceptance is indeed for undergrads, but the over-acceptance was so vast that they will have to put undergrads in the housing that is typically designated solely for pharmacy students. So yes, getting into Brookside is going to be very difficult. The students are currently fighting this change, but as of now, there will be undergrads in the pharmacy housing.

"I received my waitlist form today asking if I want to be on it, or if I'd rather withdraw my application. It said that "The overall strength of your application profile indicates you will be placed toward the top portion of the list." Is that what they tell everyone? Or do they actually give you an honest estimation? I'm leaning more towards just withdrawing my application anyhow, but I'm still curious."

i got the same thing =/...feels like theres no more hope for uop. i should just moved on.

"I received my waitlist form today asking if I want to be on it, or if I'd rather withdraw my application. It said that "The overall strength of your application profile indicates you will be placed toward the top portion of the list." Is that what they tell everyone? Or do they actually give you an honest estimation? I'm leaning more towards just withdrawing my application anyhow, but I'm still curious."

i got the same thing =/...feels like theres no more hope for uop. i should just moved on.

I don't think they tell everyone that... I interviewed in late October, put on hold and was rejected. Good luck to you all! :xf:

Recently, UOP announced that they are over accepting undergrads and that housing on campus are limited... to the extend that even some pharmacy students are being kicked out of their apartments/dorms on campus. Which makes it even harder for new students to get a spot on campus. Therefore I thought it'll be nice to start looking for a place as early as possible, and so far I've found a really nice place near campus...

If any of you are interested in sharing a 4Br/2.5 Bath House that is 5 minutes away from UOP in a gated community you can PM me ... and we can work something out. I'm just trying to get a head start in making sure we get a nice place to stay that is convenient at the same time affordable. I found a really good place near campus which has 4 bedrooms, 2.5 baths, 2 car garage parking, gated community and the best part is that it's a 5 minute walk from campus.

So, if anybody is interested, just PM me and we'll work something out...

:xf:

Has anyone received information about the physical, orientation, and other school stuff yet? I remember someone saying Veronica sent an email that said sometime in April.

Has anyone received information about the physical, orientation, and other school stuff yet? I remember someone saying Veronica sent an email that said sometime in April.

I was thinking about this the other day; Veronica's email dated 3/18/09:

"I am writing today to welcome you to Pacific and to let you know a packet of information on the enrollment process will be sent in April.

The packet will include specific instructions and contact information for the following areas:

The pharmacy school calendar for the fall 2009-2010 academic year.
The tuition costs and date to make your first payment.
Cowell Wellness Center information and immunization forms"

I don't know, I guess April's not over yet?

I was thinking about this the other day; Veronica's email dated 3/18/09:

"I am writing today to welcome you to Pacific and to let you know a packet of information on the enrollment process will be sent in April.

The packet will include specific instructions and contact information for the following areas:

The pharmacy school calendar for the fall 2009-2010 academic year.
The tuition costs and date to make your first payment.
Cowell Wellness Center information and immunization forms"

I don't know, I guess April's not over yet?

It's been a trend on here for me on SDN that right after I ask a question about letters, packages, or rejections I get an answer from the school themselves almost immediately. I received the package today =D

I just declined my acceptance to go to UCSD so there's another open spot for all you waitlisters out there! good luck!:)

has anyone that was placed on the waitlist been accepted?

im still on the wait list...what are everyone stats by the way, interview dates? gpa? school?

where are you on the waitlist?

i'm somewhere in the middle... doesn't help much, lol
i interviewed mid-march, and i have an average gpa, 3.3