UOP 2009 application process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm guessing you got in!!!

I checked my online status today and this is what it says:

PINT Office Use Only
11/3/2008
PCHK Office Use Only
2/17/2009

what does that mean?? the PINT date is way passed.. the PCHK is only a few days ago. Is that a rejection? I emailed Veronica but wanted to see what you guys think.

Members don't see this ad.

I was put on hold ... XFAjifasijfasifhjiafkas;f'asfasffas:mad:

Just got my on hold letter today in the mail to o well.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm guessing you got in!!!

nope. I wish. I havent gotten any interview or anything yet. I called Veronica and she informed me that the PINT and PCHK dates are for their internal use only and shouldnt mean anything to us. She said I should expect an email by beginning of March about my status.

Update: the PINT date is now empty...

Last edited:
me too, I haven't heard anything back from UOP either...

interview invites will end mid march, says veronica.

i said INVITES...not interview date. I guess it will last til end of march.

reject today--- post marked 24th

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the REJECTION by mail today. Good luck to the rest of you!!!

I'm a tier 1 applicant who was placed on hold....I'm going to Pacific for an interview on the 13th of March!

I got the invite via email this morning :D

i got my rejection letter today. i hate it how they make you read all this fluff before telling you that you are rejected.

Hi, Friends -

Did those of you who received a rejection letter have an interview?

Just wondering...:bang:

I'm a tier 1 applicant who was placed on hold....I'm going to Pacific for an interview on the 13th of March!

Congrats!

for those already accepted: did anyone receive their admissions packet with housing info, financial aid, etc?

i was accepted (october/november?), paid my deposit but i haven't heard from them since.

for those already accepted: did anyone receive their admissions packet with housing info, financial aid, etc?

i was accepted (october/november?), paid my deposit but i haven't heard from them since.

I think my "admissions packet" was just the acceptance letter, instructions for confirming your acceptance and paying the deposit, some brochure for the school (why?), and the technical standards. As far as housing, it just said to look online after January 15th at go.pacific.edu/housing. Financial aid was a little flyer in the mail reminding us to fill out the FAFSA before February 15th and to submit copies of your tax return and proof of filing to UOP. I think that's all I've received so far.

I think my "admissions packet" was just the acceptance letter, instructions for confirming your acceptance and paying the deposit, some brochure for the school (why?), and the technical standards. As far as housing, it just said to look online after January 15th at go.pacific.edu/housing. Financial aid was a little flyer in the mail reminding us to fill out the FAFSA before February 15th and to submit copies of your tax return and proof of filing to UOP. I think that's all I've received so far.

thanks kismet. i've been so busy with studies i forgot to submit my fafsa. i'll send it in tonight.

once finals are done, i should start looking for an apartment-get the ball rolling before school starts.

i was just looking at housing, and in comparison to other locations, that place has some cheap houses (not that i would be able to afford one). hope the apt. rent is fairly low also. just need a place to kick it, since there will be no night life there.

Hi, Friends -

Did those of you who received a rejection letter have an interview?

Just wondering...:bang:

tier 1, put on hold with no interview~ waited 7 months for rejection letter...how sad...hopefully my other schools will have better newssss :scared:

Has anyone heard of/know of someone who was initially put on hold, interviewed, and then accepted?

http://web.pacific.edu/x21410.xml :)

Got a letter today.. though I already prepped my mentality and know that my chances are slim to none..i was still pretty nervous to open it. But it was just a prereq check list saying I have satisfied all the prereqs.

Thank you very much!!! I had an interview at UOP this past Friday. One of the interviewees told me that we might be interviewed because people rejected UOP since they got accepted to UCs and USC. There was one guy who got accepted to UCSD and another one had an UCSF interview. Someone told me that we were competing for spots on the waiting list...:confused:

Good luck to you!

Last edited:

congrats and good luck!

Has anyone sent updated information to UOP?

For people who have their pharmacy technician license, where on your resume did your list it? I just got my license but I don't have any experience/job yet but I would like to put it on my resume that I finally got my license.

For people who have their pharmacy technician license, where on your resume did your list it? I just got my license but I don't have any experience/job yet but I would like to put it on my resume that I finally got my license.

I list it under the "Professional Affiliations" which is the last section on my resume, but this is not the resume I submitted for UOP. You can send a copy of your certificate to UOP.

What do you mean of sending updated information to UOP? What are we supposed to send?

What do you mean of sending updated information to UOP? What are we supposed to send?

Oh, we don't have to send anything. I just have updated stuff since I submitted my application and I wanted to send it to them. They said they still accept things. They still haven't made their final decision for me so it won't hurt to send additional information to help them in their decision.

I list it under the "Professional Affiliations" which is the last section on my resume, but this is not the resume I submitted for UOP. You can send a copy of your certificate to UOP.

Do you mean send the copy of the PTCB test certificate or the pharmacy technician license?

Yes. I am currently a pharmacy student at UOP and as far as I am aware, this will be the last date for interviews.

hmm... how weird. I know that rejection letters were sent out last week, but I didnt get one. Maybe I'm on the will call list if people decline the interview??:xf:

Do you mean send the copy of the PTCB test certificate or the pharmacy technician license?

I sent my PTCB test certificate to UOP since at the time I was still waiting for my license. But it shows up on my online status.

Last edited:
hmm... how weird. I know that rejection letters were sent out last week, but I didnt get one. Maybe I'm on the will call list if people decline the interview??:xf:

lol same here ><...still waiting for an interview ><

Arghhh just deny me already I hate this waiting......

i interviewed in Hawaii on Jan. 16th. i actually found out by phone that i was accepted and then i got the e-mail. i had called veronica to see whether or not i had gotten in because i had been accepted to my second choice and wanted to hear from UOP before i made a decision.

I was wondering if anyone know if you can appeal your admission? and how? Thanks!

I was wondering if anyone know if you can appeal your admission? and how? Thanks!
As in they admitted you and you think they shouldn't have? Just decline admission.

As in they admitted you and you think they shouldn't have? Just decline admission.

I think they mean they got rejected and wanted a second chance...

I don't think there's an official appeals process...I would simply thank them for putting their effort into your app this year, and tell them that you are still interested should anything come up...