University of the Incarnate Word Feik School of Pharmacy Fall 2009

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hello all,

I received my letter today. I'm located in San Antonio. I was waitlisted, but I thought I 'd tell you all just so you can be on the look out. Don't stalk the mailman too much :)

I'm located in southeast Texas so you think I'll get my letter tomorrow?

P.S. what does the waitlisted letter say?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm actually at work right now and did not see the letter. My sister actually opened the letter and told me I was waitlisted over the phone. From my understanding waitlisted means that if any of the applicants that were accepted declines, then the people that were waitlisted may have the opportunity to take that spot. I think that's what it means, but you may want to ask someone who knows exactly what it is.

You may get your letter today or tomorrow by the latest. I'm assuming you're not to far away from San Antonio.

Good Luck

At my interview, Dr. Coleman said that they go pretty far through the waitlist so you should have a good oppurtunity of being accepted. Don't give up a hope!! Good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. I think I'll be able wait a little bit longer for a decision.

Was UIW your first choice or have you heard from other schools?

I'm what you would call a non-traditional student, so UIW was my first choice and the only school I applied to.

I'm what you would call a non-traditional student, so UIW was my first choice and the only school I applied to.

I'm with you. The school really impressed me and is my number one choice as well.

Being wait listed isn't a death sentence. They do usually go pretty deep into the wait list each year. For those that do get wait listed, don't get discouraged there's still hope!

How many applicants are they going to place on the waitlist??

I received my acceptance today, but I will decline so there's one spot open! I wish everyone at UIW the best. It was a tough choice!

I received my acceptance today, but I will decline so there's one spot open! I wish everyone at UIW the best. It was a tough choice!

I recieved my letter today as well, but since UIW took so long with this process I have already accepted admission to another school! So this clears up another spot! Good Luck to you all next year!!:thumbup:

Reactions: 1 user
ahhhh! i got my first acceptance letter today! this is one of the happiest days of my life. my mom and i were jumping up and down in the kitchen. hahahha :D :) :thumbup:

don't lose hope guys! i'm pretty sure spots will be open soon.

ahhhh! i got my first acceptance letter today! this is one of the happiest days of my life. my mom and i were jumping up and down in the kitchen. hahahha :D :) :thumbup:

Congrats!!! I know you wanted it!! I hope I hear the same good news tomorrow!!! :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)

Congratulations! What a relief huh? The decision of "which' school is so much less stressful than wondering IF you get to go to school.

Congratulations! What a relief huh? The decision of "which' school is so much less stressful than wondering IF you get to go to school.

Thanks! I know, it's such a HUGE relief! I had about 3 nightmares about getting rejected to all the pharmacy schools that I applied to. Thank goodness I won't be having any of those horrible dreams again.

Congratulations to everyone who is getting acceptances! Good job and good luck next year.

Now its time for alot of you to finally go buy a bunch of professional clothes..u'll be wearing them alot next year :D

Congratulations on your acceptance:luck: I haven't given of hope quite yet thanks for the encouragement. :xf:

I have been put on the waitlist. :( hopefully I'm at the top of the list. :xf:

well at least it's not a denial letter!! There is still hope!!!

I got put on the waitlist too!
I called them and they wouldn't tell me what number I was or how many people were placed on the waitlist. :(

hi can everyone tell me where they are from? so i can have a good idea when to expect my letter.:scared: thanks

Congrats on all those got in, I'm asking for a friend, did you guys get the proverbial "big" envelope or more like a normal sized one?

Does anyone know when they will start notifying those on the waitlist and how they will notify them? Will it be by phone, e-mail, or another letter via snail mail?

Congrats on all those got in, I'm asking for a friend, did you guys get the proverbial "big" envelope or more like a normal sized one?

it's a normal size envelope. however, it is a thick envelope full of paper and directions for the next step.

CONGRATS to all that got in so far. waitlisters, don't worry. Like stated earlier in the previous post, it's not a death sentence.

Congratulations to everyone who has received a letter so far! We are so excited to see you here with us next year! Those who are on the waitlist, give it some time - they will be calling people shortly! If there are any suggestions please let us know! To those who have been accepted - check out Facebook, there is a group for the Class of 2012, and a general group for the entire pharmacy school. I highly suggest that you make a facebook group for your class to get everyone together - that is what our class did and it really helped a lot of us get to know each other!

Does anyone know when they will start notifying those on the waitlist and how they will notify them? Will it be by phone, e-mail, or another letter via snail mail?

I'm not sure when exactly they will start - but they do let students know as soon as possible. Expect a phone call if you are pulled from the wait list!

hi you guys ive been waitlisted too.... seems like there is tons of people waitlisted...... anyone from the school know the stats. for accepted, waitlisted and non accepted?

I have been put on the waitlist. :( hopefully I'm at the top of the list. :xf:

well at least it's not a denial letter!! There is still hope!!!

I'll be honest I was a bit bummed about the waitlist, but I have been receiving quite a bit of encouragment from you all on the forum and my family. My Cal professor actually lifted my spirits. He told me that schools usually antcipate a percentage of people that will not accept the acceptance. So the waitlist is typically composed of that percentage. From what I picked up it seems that we all may have a pretty good shot. He estimated a 66% chance. This piece of advice helps me sleep at night so I'm taking it for now.

Again best of luck to those that are accepted/waitlisted/rejected.

for those declining, what are you doing to decline?

If you're waitlisted, don't lose hope! I know that's tough to say, since it's May 1st. Like many others have said, a lot of people will be declining, since Incarnate sends out acceptance letters so late. :) I hope you all get into your top choice. :xf:

Congrats to all those accepted! San Antonio is beautiful! You all will have an awesome time! :D Also, Incarnate is a really good school. Most advisers could agree with the course system and the current Dean, who's running the school, that Incarnate will have a great passing NAPLEX exam rate.

:D I live in Houston and I received my letter in the mail today!! :D It was dated April 27th. It was in a slightly larger than normal size envelope with COLORFUL papers!

Is there a facebook group for c/o 2013?

Last edited:
Did UIW reject anyone? seems like everyone either got accepted or got placed on the waitlist..:cool:

Waiting is not fun. It sucks to be on the waitlist but just hang in there. People get accepted till the 1st week of August!!! Yeah, it happens to some people who are on the waitlist.

I got my letter today......I was accepted. I will be rejecting because I got into another school. WOW I never though I would be able to say that!!

rxgirl,
usually people dont like to share the rejection notice. I am sure there are some out there, but you wont hear too much about it.

On April 30th, my dad called me and told me he has the letter from Incarnate Word, the only school I applied to. He read the letter to me. I am on the waitlist. FML.

Hmmm, during the interview I remembered Dr. Coleman saying acceptance and wait-listed letters are sent to everyone who interviewed. No one acutally gets a rejection letter until the first day of school in August when all the seats have been filled. Don't lose hope guys! As other posts indicate, many will gain spots even till August. Best of luck!!! :luck:

On April 30th, my dad called me and told me he has the letter from Incarnate Word, the only school I applied to. He read the letter to me. I am on the waitlist. FML.

Im sorry to hear about that, but dont worry! Trust me, you will be fine. We are all :xf: our fingers for those that are on the waitlist and want to get in. (Its good that you have a little sense of humor, since you signed it as "FML":laugh:)

Oh yes, if you all have any questions, on anything just ask anyone of us! We are all willing to help!

To just plug in, those of you that got in, and are going to be part of the Class of 2013, please head over to your UIW -class of 2013 thread.

Hey, Mr. RXDoctor, "Mr. Make-it-rain!" of our class of 2012! Are you ready for finals my man?

Last edited:
I got my acceptance letter yesturday in the mail!

I still havent got my letter yet... :(
I called them today but they told me to wait about 10days.. but what if i got accepted then i am gonna miss the deadline of may 11th.. can someone tell me what should i do? did everyone get there letter or someone is still waiting? :confused:

Hello all,

This is to clarify a few points to make sure no one is confused from any of the above comments.

1) All types of letters have been sent, including rejections, so you do NOT have to wait until August to find that out.

2) No one but the FACULTY knows how many people are on the waiting lists - what placement someone sits at - or how far they go into the list.

3) If you dont know your status, or are waiting for a letter, you can log into your PHARMCAS account and see the status of your applications, this should tell you where you stand.

Have a Great Day!

Does anyone know when the deadline was for those who got accepted to turn in their deposit?

That way those of us who were waitlisted can know when to suspect a phone call.:xf:

Does anyone know when the deadline was for those who got accepted to turn in their deposit?

That way those of us who were waitlisted can know when to suspect a phone call.:xf:

The deadline is this friday, May 8th. Good luck!!!

Congratulations to everyone applying to the school and good luck on getting in. I wanted to know about the stats of the people that were interviewed and accepted or waitlisted. Like, What was your GPA, PCAT score and did you have a lot of volunteer experience??

I want to attend UIW in 2010 and not sure of when I should start the Application Process... I know the deadline isnt untill jan 2010 but dont want to wait till last minute. If you can give me some pointers of what I should do for my application to look btr.

Last edited:
To waitlist -

Did you get any phone call from Feik School of Pharmacy yet? It's been 2 days and my phone hasn't rung yet ...
icon9.gif
If you do, congrats and tell me when was it? how was it? how long do they give you time to think?

To waitlist -

Did you get any phone call from Feik School of Pharmacy yet? It's been 2 days and my phone hasn't rung yet ...
icon9.gif
If you do, congrats and tell me when was it? how was it? how long do they give you time to think?

Nope nothing yet...still waiting. :xf:

Congratulations to everyone applying to the school and good luck on getting in. I wanted to know about the stats of the people that were interviewed and accepted or waitlisted. Like, What was your GPA, PCAT score and did you have a lot of volunteer experience??

I want to attend UIW in 2010 and not sure of when I should start the Application Process... I know the deadline isnt untill jan 2010 but dont want to wait till last minute. If you can give me some pointers of what I should do for my application to look btr.

First of all, it's good that you're looking into this matter now cause there are so many important things to remember.

But the good news for UIW is that if they follow tradition as they have for the previous application cycles, you actually don't have to worry about turning your application in last minute. They have a hard deadline and are not on a rolling admissions process. If this is the only school you are planning on applying to then you're in luck. If you plan on applying to others, then you wanna get things in as soon as you can. I say unless you have obligations here, like a spouse or something, plan on applying to at least all the TX schools.

Make sure you don't forget to start asking for recommendation laters...this process can take some time depending on who is writing them, so the earlier you ask, the better.

I want to write a book on the admissions process cause I think so many people go about it the wrong way, and if done right, could give themselves a huge advantage. Same goes for med school. Oh well.

Does anyone know if they have made any calls to those on the wait list?