University of Southern Nevada Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did anybody who applied this year but was on the waitlist year at the 100+ spot get in this year?

Members don't see this ad.

I also get that email. How do you know your rank is between 14-40? Does it state the rank in the email? Mine said that "you currently rank among the top 25 candidates on the wait list for the Nevada campus." That means I am in rank 25?

Its really strange.....i got the call last Wednesday on 13th and Dr.Deyoung told me that i am on 27 # for henderson campus.....so that means now m on # 2 for Henderson...??????

Members don't see this ad :)
Its really strange.....i got the call last Wednesday on 13th and Dr.Deyoung told me that i am on 27 # for henderson campus.....so that means now m on # 2 for Henderson...??????

Dishan, there is some confusion going on here. I believe there is a separate waitlist for those already offered a seat to Utah and waitlisted for NV and for those who have yet to be offered a seat. The person you are referring to has not been offered a seat and you have, so you are on different lists. Hope that makes sense

Dishan, there is some confusion going on here. I believe there is a separate waitlist for those already offered a seat to Utah and waitlisted for NV and for those who have yet to be offered a seat. The person you are referring to has not been offered a seat and you have, so you are on different lists. Hope that makes sense

Well said, CC. I would find it quite strange if they offer a seat at Henderson to someone without an acceptance over someone who is accepted already and just waiting for a seat to open up in Henderson.

On a side note, one of the people accepted to a seat at Utah and waitlisted for Henderson was just given a spot in Henderson yesterday. He said he was 26 or 28 on the "Utah-to-Henderson" waitlist so it seems the WL is moving pretty quickly.

I think I'm about to make another spot for those of you who are waiting. I got accepted to a school in my home state and will make my decision by Monday where I am going to attend.

Does anyone know if the tuition deposit is refundable? I thought that it was not, but I searched high and low on USN's website and all I could find was that the application fee was non-refundable and that the deposit was applied to the first year's tuition. If you withdraw before a certain time you get a 100% tuition refund.....so is the $1000 refundable?? If anyone from USN reads this thread and the deposit is not refundable,
1. Do I get to claim it on my taxes as tuition paid?
2. Can I "gift" it to the next person on the wait list who would be taking my spot?

I think I'm about to make another spot for those of you who are waiting. I got accepted to a school in my home state and will make my decision by Monday where I am going to attend.

Does anyone know if the tuition deposit is refundable? I thought that it was not, but I searched high and low on USN's website and all I could find was that the application fee was non-refundable and that the deposit was applied to the first year's tuition. If you withdraw before a certain time you get a 100% tuition refund.....so is the $1000 refundable?? If anyone from USN reads this thread and the deposit is not refundable,
2. Can I "gift" it to the next person on the wait list who would be taking my spot?

I'm pretty sure you lose the deposit. I have heard of many students who will pay the $1000 to hold their spot and if they get into a school they'd rather attend, like in your case, they just eat the money. When you think about it in the long run, $1000 isn't all that much money in comparison to tuition cost so it would be worth it to lose that money if it meant going their prefered school.

Which campus did you get into? I'm desperately in need of a seat at the Henderson campus!

I am accepted to the Henderson campus. I really don't like the thought of losing any amount of money, no matter how small. If I have "donated" it to the school then that is fine and I can feel good about letting it go. Vanishing money=no good. :p

Does anybody know if everyone who interviewed will be waitlisted? Does anybody know how many waitlisted people at USN, I know it's more than 100..

I am accepted to the Henderson campus. I really don't like the thought of losing any amount of money, no matter how small. If I have "donated" it to the school then that is fine and I can feel good about letting it go. Vanishing money=no good. :p

Hey if you decide to decline.. I might get it! Plus, $1000 won't matter as much if you make 6 figure when you graduate lol. Also, state school you'll save a lot on traveling, so it'll all even out at the end.

has anyone who got a waitlist email been called yet?
Im trying to get an idea of the waitlist has been moving at all after the emails came out?

Members don't see this ad :)
has anyone who got a waitlist email been called yet?
Im trying to get an idea of the waitlist has been moving at all after the emails came out?

Dr. Deyoung said if I had any questions he would be gone today and back on Tuesday.

I was 100+ last year and ended up 76 i think.

Did they email you every week or so as the waitlist changed? How did you know you were #76 by the time school started? Lastly, did you ever find out the exact number you were or you just knew you were 100+?

THANX

They emailed back in june, then august. If you wait the whole time, I'm sorry but I have been there. good luck.

Did they email you every week or so as the waitlist changed? How did you know you were #76 by the time school started? Lastly, did you ever find out the exact number you were or you just knew you were 100+?

THANX

They told me 100+ in April, then either 76 or they gave me a range (cant remember) about 2 months later. They don't update you weekly. They will tell you your place on the list 2 or 3 times between now and August. You have to play the waiting game... its fun, I went through it last year (sarcasm).

yoggy

When did you get in? Today, or before the waitlist came out?

To all of Nevada USN students with kids,

Do any of you guys have suggestions or comments regarding preschools near the campus? I have read some reviews on Green Valley Christian school near campus and they are not really good and La Petite Academy has mixed reviews as well.

I am researching and reading reviews. I really want a good education for my three-year-old son. PM is you have negative and positive reviews regarding the schools around the area.

Hey all, does anyone know if the speech class and the english comp class count under your prerequisite GPA?

Also, I am in a predicament. The past quarter I recieved an A in one of the prerequisites but my grades in my other classes were not good and my overall gpa was lowered. If I send in my transcripts again, will this help or hurt me?

Navrick,

I am sure it will count on your pre-req gpa. Either way they will need you current transcripts upon admission. It is your call whether you submit now or wait until they request it. I had not sent my most current transcripts until a couple of weeks ago and that moved me up the list and got me a seat.

Last edited:
Sunshine, thank you for your response. How do you know your updated transcript moved you up the list?? What new grades did you send in? If you dont mind sharing.

Well said, CC. I would find it quite strange if they offer a seat at Henderson to someone without an acceptance over someone who is accepted already and just waiting for a seat to open up in Henderson.

On a side note, one of the people accepted to a seat at Utah and waitlisted for Henderson was just given a spot in Henderson yesterday. He said he was 26 or 28 on the "Utah-to-Henderson" waitlist so it seems the WL is moving pretty quickly.

Ah, this was my question on the previous page...except that it was worded awkwardly. :p

I sure hope that USN goes through and moves the people on the South Jordan-to-Henderson wait list before they get to the non-acceptees wait list, or else that would just be strange.

Is there going to be an e-mail sent out after May 13th (the day waitlist confirmations are due) stating those ranks?

Last year they told me April 15, June 1, and then in August.

That's great. we'll see in two weeks...I'll be filling out my forms later this week (after my exams)...This week is hell and its not finals week.

Sunshine, thank you for your response. How do you know your updated transcript moved you up the list?? What new grades did you send in? If you dont mind sharing.

I was freaking out because I had not received a call. I submitted all my transcripts that were complete by the Friday the 3rd of December last semester and was invited for an interview the following Monday. I felt confident about my interview and my application. I was trying to think what I screwed up. Then I remembered I had forgotten to submit my grades for last semester and that very week I was given a seat in Utah. Dr Deyoung had said he just received my transcript. My assumption was made from that. Maybe wishful thinking,I don't know.

Last semester I received an A in OChem, B in Cal I and an A in Speech.

Any Utah resident here have an idea of what the weather is like in Utah especially during the summer season? Thank you so much!

Any Utah resident here have an idea of what the weather is like in Utah especially during the summer season? Thank you so much!

HOT!! usually between 90-100 during the summer.. Utah weather is weird and unpredicatable though its was in the 60's yesterday and it snowed this morning..

I have a question for all of you that got accepted and sent in your paperwork and deposit.

Did you get a confirmation when they received your stuff? I sent everything in this past Friday, but I didn't get a confirmation, so I am just wondering.

I have a question for all of you that got accepted and sent in your paperwork and deposit.

Did you get a confirmation when they received your stuff? I sent everything in this past Friday, but I didn't get a confirmation, so I am just wondering.

I did but it took about a week.

I got an email confirmation 2 days after I sent mine (I used express shipping though).

I got the email confirmation about 4 days after they received it. I called and they said it was sitting on a pile on their desk, but it took 4 days for the confirmation.

I asked a question earlier about the $1000 deposit being refunded if you withdraw. Most people thought that you lost that money. I called USN and asked. I would like to let anyone who is interested know that if you have paid your deposit and withdraw, then you get $900 back. Just FYI :)

I asked a question earlier about the $1000 deposit being refunded if you withdraw. Most people thought that you lost that money. I called USN and asked. I would like to let anyone who is interested know that if you have paid your deposit and withdraw, then you get $900 back. Just FYI :)

Nice! That's good to know.. better to let $100 go than the whole thing haha.

I think we met. I was one of the last people to be interviewed. It was around 5 30 pm. I think that was you I talked to...

I was the fat one and average height (I know that narrows it down) lol....Were you the nervous one that I told to calm down and be yourself?

this post has been getting pretty quiet.....anyone have any word on how the waitlist has been moving? Anyone still getting calls?

this post has been getting pretty quiet.....anyone have any word on how the waitlist has been moving? Anyone still getting calls?

Unfortunately, I am in top 25, and so far nothing.

So I'm currently 40ish on the South Jordan-to-Henderson wait list. What are the chances that I'll get to transfer over?