University of Southern Nevada Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Steelhalk, you will most likely be the first to hear because you are the farthest down the waitlist. Would you mind posting on this board if you do get called, it would be a good heads up/

Members don't see this ad.

Steelhalk, you will most likely be the first to hear because you are the farthest down the waitlist. Would you mind posting on this board if you do get called, it would be a good heads up/

Sure......
i m waiing for Call from Dr deyoung.........
wa abt ut stats

sure. I have like a 3.1 science prereq gpa, 64% percentile on PCAT. No b.s. until I graduate in the summer. Waitlisted 14-40 for Utah campus. I think a lot of ppl have put in deposits for multiple schools, still deciding on what to do. I would say being in the top 15 your chances are really good. I hope a lot of people on the waitlist have already accepted other schools, I m really counting on USN.

Members don't see this ad :)
sure. I have like a 3.1 science prereq gpa, 64% percentile on PCAT. No b.s. until I graduate in the summer. Waitlisted 14-40 for Utah campus. I think a lot of ppl have put in deposits for multiple schools, still deciding on what to do. I would say being in the top 15 your chances are really good. I hope a lot of people on the waitlist have already accepted other schools, I m really counting on USN.

I got call from Dr deyoung.......
I got admission for class 2014.....................

congrats!! that is really good news, did he mention about how far you moved down or if there are more seats opening up? Thank you and congrats again!

Hey i was accepted for Utah on April 13, n got an emial from Dr. Deyoung stating Top 5 for Nevada yesterday n he called me today for Henderson campus....So 1 more seat available in Utah...good luck people .....

Hey,congrats to all the students who got accepted.
I have a quick question. Does anyone of you have recieved an email from Dr.DeYoung stating your positions in the waitlists? or did you guys call theu niversity to know about the waitlists?
I just recieved an email from Dr.DeYoung asking if I am still interested in accepting an admission. I am wondering if this email is regarding a confirmed admission or to let me know that I am still waitlisted. Please let me know if you guys have any idea.
thank you

Hey,congrats to all the students who got accepted.
I have a quick question. Does anyone of you have recieved an email from Dr.DeYoung stating your positions in the waitlists? or did you guys call theu niversity to know about the waitlists?
I just recieved an email from Dr.DeYoung asking if I am still interested in accepting an admission. I am wondering if this email is regarding a confirmed admission or to let me know that I am still waitlisted. Please let me know if you guys have any idea.
thank you

Which rank are you in the wait list?

Members don't see this ad :)
Which apartrment complex do most students from the south jordan campus stay at?

has anyone from Utah 14-40 waitlist heard back from Dr Young yet?

has anyone from Utah 14-40 waitlist heard back from Dr Young yet?

I received an email from Dr. DeYoung after he received my letter of acceptance of waitlist. I jumped from 16-40 to among the top 10 so I think you will be there too.

Hey, got the call. admitted to class of 2014, Henderson :)
I never inquired abt the wait list.
Good luck

Congrats everybody!! I got moved from from 50+ in utah to top 25-50...That said, I'm not expecting admission this year. How many people got accepted from the top 50 last year from May to August?

I got an email from Dr. Deyoung and I am in the top 5 for Utah. I have a $750.00 deposit due on the 16th to another school, but USN is my #1 choice. What should I do?:scared:

I got an email from Dr. Deyoung and I am in the top 5 for Utah. I have a $750.00 deposit due on the 16th to another school, but USN is my #1 choice. What should I do?:scared:

I would drop the 750.00 to the other school but I'm also confident that you'll get the call too. Top 5 is way too high to not get a call.

Hey, got the call. admitted to class of 2014, Henderson :)
I never inquired abt the wait list.
Good luck

Congrats! Were you already accepted to South Jordan and put on the wait list for Henderson, or were you just on the general wait list and waiting to get accepted into USN?

Congrats! Were you already accepted to South Jordan and put on the wait list for Henderson, or were you just on the general wait list and waiting to get accepted into USN?

What was your spot on Henderson when you were first accepted to south Jordan and do you remember the accepted date? I think I'm on the same boat as you.

What was your spot on Henderson when you were first accepted to south Jordan and do you remember the accepted date? I think I'm on the same boat as you.

I got the call on 4/19, and I don't recall Dr. Deyoung saying a specific number -- just that I was 40ish on the Henderson list. At least you're ahead of me.

I really need a spot in Hendeson. :xf: Ahhh, that's what I get for taking so long to mail in my fall quarter transcript, I think. LOL

Is it electronic deposit or do you have to mail it (received by the 16th or postmarked by the 16th?)? I would wait until the last possible moment to send the deposit, but allowing enough time so that you at least save your spot at the 2nd choice school. I did the same thing and deposited $1,000 at a different school before I was accepted to USN. So I lost the $1,000 but at least I had a backup incase I didnt get accepted to USN.

Is it electronic deposit or do you have to mail it (received by the 16th or postmarked by the 16th?)? I would wait until the last possible moment to send the deposit, but allowing enough time so that you at least save your spot at the 2nd choice school. I did the same thing and deposited $1,000 at a different school before I was accepted to USN. So I lost the $1,000 but at least I had a backup incase I didnt get accepted to USN.

Yeah, insurance I guess. Its a check. If I don't hear anything I will overnight it on the 15th. Thanks.

For the current P1's or P2's, what are some apartment complexes do you guys recommend for Henderson campus? Thanks!

Thank you...I never inquired about my status until I received an email from Dr.DeYoung asking to update me with my current contact number. Its when I realized i got into the program and he called the next day to confirm it :)
See you all in August. Good luck

Also, anyone looking for a room mate? please pm me if you have an apartment for rent near Henderson campus.
thank you

Dr. DeYoung won't be back till the 23rd so hang tight everyone.

I'm guessing you've talked to him recently? Have you asked him how far you've moved up the list for Henderson?

I did email that but I got a reply by someone else saying that he is out and won't be back till the 23rd.

I am a P3 student and I will have my house in Las Vegas for rent by individual room. Regular room is available for $300 per month. I have total 4 rooms available so It can be rent to all males or females. If you are interested then PM me and I will provide you my contact. Pictures can be available upon request.:)

Last edited:
Is there anyone in here that has a BLS Manual Healthcare Provider 2010 Edition?

PLEASE LET ME KNOW. APPRECIATE IT :)

Hi eveyone,
I am currently a P1 class of 2013 Henderson campus and looking forward to my P2 next year. I have a room available for rent in my house. Location is close to Henderson campus (3 mi); very convenient place (close to Border, Walmart); in a new built, gated community; very safe and friendly neighborhood. The house is 2200 sq.ft. If you are interested, PM me. If you have any question about the house, the school or the program, feel free to ask. Thanks. :thumbup:

Hi Pharmer20!

Congrats!

Are you still planning to attend Utah? if not, did you decline yet?

anybody getting any good news anymore? this thread has been getting real quiet

He emailed me stating that I was 6th on the waiting list.

Oh, that's pretty close. I hope you get in! I'm getting nervous because we can only stay on the wait list for another 2 months, and I'm not sure if they're letting people into Henderson out of order ever since I read DDP's post. :confused:

Ahh :xf:

Last edited:
Hey I just emailed Dr. Young about my status and I got the following response. "You rank among the top 10 on the wait list for the Utah campus. While changes in the wait list are difficult to predict, I do not expect too many changes in the Nevada or Utah wait lists within the next six weeks."

Is that just a generic email he saids every year or does he truely believe there is very little action on the waitlist after this point? Can maybe some p1s and p2s shed some light on this. When is the prime time of the year where the waitlist moves the most?

I just got the call from Dr. Deyoung. I was the top 5 on the Utah waitlist.

Congrats Pharmer 20!! that is exciting news, I am top 10 for Utah so hopefully theres a call in my near future.

Hi Eveyone!
I've been accepted in Utah for Fall 2014. Does anyone know any apartment/room for rent near school?

I found out I am ~45 in line for the Utah campus. From experience does anyone know if I have any chance of getting in for this fall?

Last edited:
Application Statistics for 2011 - 2012 admission cycle:
Applications received: 801
Students admitted: 145 Nevada campus & 112 Utah campus
Highlights of Admitted Students:
Overall GPA: 3.6
Median PCAT Composite Percentile: 69
Bachelor's Degree of Higher: 50%

Does anyone know how many students were invited to interview from the 801 applications that were received?