University of Southern Nevada Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Silver pines and turtle creek seems to be pretty inexpensive and a good deal.

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone heard if Utah has filled up? Or anything on a wait list?

I am still waiting to hear something and am beginning to get beyond nervous.....

Any suggestions....

Has anyone heard if Utah has filled up? Or anything on a wait list?

I am still waiting to hear something and am beginning to get beyond nervous.....

Any suggestions....
Im also waiting for Dr. Deyoung but heard nothing.....I think we have to wait until 4/15 to see how many people paid their deposit...did u contact the school or something??

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey Everyone,

Looking for a place to rent ? I have a P3 friend who will be graduating next June and will have her townhouse available for rent. It’s an 1,100sq.ft. 2 car-garage 1 master bedroom home located 12 miles from school in the Inspirada Community near Seven Hills Henderson, NV. If you are interested e-mail [email protected]

I looked up silver pines on apartmentreviews.com and they said it was a descent place to live except that 5 people have been shot there in the last few years and that there are a lot of drug dealers there? Doesn't sound too safe.

I looked up silver pines on apartmentreviews.com and they said it was a descent place to live except that 5 people have been shot there in the last few years and that there are a lot of drug dealers there? Doesn't sound too safe.

Sounds like a winner to me lol

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant!

Sounds like a winner to me lol

Sent from my Samsung Vibrant!

Perfect place to learn the street of hard knock and path to become a licensed drug dealer (pharmacist). One will know how to fend off pseudoephedrine and OxyContin robbers and junkies urging you to sell them 18 gauge 1mL syringes for their school project.

All jokes aside, the neighborhood feels pretty safe so far (live in a gated community next to silver pines since last yr). I heard about the shooting from people who walk their dog at the park when I was walking my husky. Given the chance I would rent as close to campus as possible. I wish I live so close I could roll off my bed and land right into my seat in the lecture hall.

I had a question, would taking the PCAT in September be a tad too late? I'm wondering if it's still possible to reschedule it to July.

I saw that they took PCAT scores that were done before the 28th of September, I'm just wondering if that will hurt me though.

I had a question, would taking the PCAT in September be a tad too late? I'm wondering if it's still possible to reschedule it to July.

I saw that they took PCAT scores that were done before the 28th of September, I'm just wondering if that will hurt me though.

I don't think it will hurt your chances of getting in for the next year but they may wait to see what you got on the PCAT before they offer you an interview.

I don't think it will hurt your chances of getting in for the next year but they may wait to see what you got on the PCAT before they offer you an interview.

That would be fine I just didn't have the money to apply for the earlier dates, so I got stuck with September 14th, which I feel is a tad late. Also does anybody know when the 2011-2012 application will be up? I see that all their information has been updated, but I don't see the application link yet.

That would be fine I just didn't have the money to apply for the earlier dates, so I got stuck with September 14th, which I feel is a tad late. Also does anybody know when the 2011-2012 application will be up? I see that all their information has been updated, but I don't see the application link yet.

Applications don't usually come up until end of Aug/early Sept. I was accepted this year and didn't take the PCAT until Oct

Can any current pharmacy students list some good apartment complexes near the school? Or any recommendations or complexes consisting of other pharmacy students. Or whats a good area to live. Thanks!

You may want to research Broadstone, Madison, and Mesa. Those 3 apt complexes are on ramrod and mountain vista. I know a number of my friends that live there. Some of them walk/bike to school. Also, if you say they referred you they'd likely split the referrral money with you. I think rent is ~600 for a 1 bdrm, and 700-800 for a 2 bed/2 bath.

Be wary though, just because your house or apt is in a gated neighborhood, it can still get broken in to... especially if you maintain a school routine of being away 8am - 3pm and the apt has assigned parking. neighbors easily know when you are/aren't at home. Though in general, the gated entry does give you peace of mind.

I can't wait until the days following Fri, April 15th. I'll be able to finally know my chance of getting in!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I can't wait until the days following Fri, April 15th. I'll be able to finally know my chances of getting in!
me too....so is Dr.Deyoung gonna email us on that day or he send a mail??

I can't wait until the days following Fri, April 15th. I'll be able to finally know my chances of getting in!

I talked to Dr. Deyoung today. He told me that he will let everyone know where they stand around the 1st of may.

You may want to research Broadstone, Madison, and Mesa. Those 3 apt complexes are on ramrod and mountain vista. I know a number of my friends that live there. Some of them walk/bike to school. Also, if you say they referred you they'd likely split the referrral money with you. I think rent is ~600 for a 1 bdrm, and 700-800 for a 2 bed/2 bath.

Be wary though, just because your house or apt is in a gated neighborhood, it can still get broken in to... especially if you maintain a school routine of being away 8am - 3pm and the apt has assigned parking. neighbors easily know when you are/aren't at home. Though in general, the gated entry does give you peace of mind.

Thank you. Very helpful.

Hey i made it.......Finally i got the call from Dr.Deyoung.....i got acceptance from UTAH and waitlisted for NEVADA (on 27th #).......

Hey i made it.......Finally i got the call from Dr.Deyoung.....i got acceptance from UTAH and waitlisted for NEVADA (on 27th #).......

What were your stats?

Did he say how seats many were still available for Utah?

Last edited:

Wow. Congrats! Did you get the call today? I thought the UTAH campus should be filled up by now.

Congrats :). What are your stats?

Hey Thnaks guys,

My Stats are:

GPA:3.6
Master of Science in Pharmacy Administration
Bachelor's of Pharmacy
2 Year Pharmacy Experience

Hey i have question: Anybody knows hows wait list worked last time....

Hey Thnaks guys,

My Stats are:

Bachelor's of Pharmacy

What was your PCAT?

Hey Thnaks guys,

My Stats are:

Bachelor's of Pharmacy

If any of the seats open up at the Henderson campus, they will call the person at the top of the wait list and work their way down until the seat is full. If you are at #27, you'd be surprised how quickly you can move up the list.

Students often decide not to attend because they decide they don't want to do pharmacy school anymore or they get accepted to another school they would rather attend.

Congrats and good luck. Maybe we'll see you at the Utah campus in the fall.

I'm now 100% committed to USN. (Roseman?, that will take some getting used to)

I declined a seat at Midwestern-CPG and Paid my deposit to USN too.

If any of the seats open up at the Henderson campus, they will call the person at the top of the wait list and work their way down until the seat is full. If you are at #27, you'd be surprised how quickly you can move up the list.

Students often decide not to attend because they decide they don't want to do pharmacy school anymore or they get accepted to another school they would rather attend.

Congrats and good luck. Maybe we'll see you at the Utah campus in the fall.

Pong, your words are encouraging. I am 18th on the list for Henderson, but I know Utah will be a nice place to live in and meet new friends. I quit my condo hunt until May. I am stressing myself out not knowing where I will have to move my family.:scared:

I declined admission offer. It was such a tough, tough agonizing decision to make. Well, at least that'll make someone very happy. Congrats!

I declined admission offer. It was such a tough, tough agonizing decision to make. Well, at least that'll make someone very happy. Congrats!

Was this for nevada campus or utah?

May I ask why you declined? Did you get in somewhere else?

I will be emailing/calling USN on Monday to decline my seat in Henderson this year.

My mother passed away in Feb, and I feel like my dad still needs me here...

Good luck to who gets it!

I will be emailing/calling USN on Monday to decline my seat in Henderson this year.

Sorry to hear that. Wish you the best through this tough time...But why don't you defer your seat a year? You can do that still (I think).

Peester,

I am sorry to hear that. You can save your seat for next year by deferring and paying your deposit. You should consider it. I am sure you mother would want you to follow your dreams regardless of the circumstances and not have to go through the hoops all over again. Save your seat for next year, please!

Congrats to all of you who got accepted ! For those who are still waiting, there's still hope. I know couple of my classmates received their acceptance in a very last minute. I am currently a P1 class of 2013 and looking forward to my P2 next year. I have a room available for rent in my house. Location is close to Henderson campus (3 mi); very convenient place (close to Border, Walmart); in a new built, gated community; very safe and friendly neighborhood. The house is 2200 sq.ft. If you are interested, PM me. If you have any question about the house, the school or the program, feel free to ask. Thanks. :)

I just got an invitation from Dr. Deyoung for the Utah campus!!! I am also on the wait list for the Henderson at #30. :love:

I just got a call from Dr. Deyoung today... I got accepted!!!:clap:
I got a seat at the Utah campus, and I am on the waitlist for the Henderson campus. I was so excited when I got the call, so I can't remember exactly what number I am on the Henderson waitlist. I am from Henderson and it would be nice to stay home, but I don't mind moving to Utah!!!!

Last edited:
I got a seat at the Utah campus, and I am on the waitlist for the Henderson campus. I was so excited when I got the call, so I can't remember exactly what number I am on the Henderson waitlist but it was thirty-something, not really sure. I am from Henderson and it would be nice to stay home, but I don't mind moving to Utah!!!!

Congrats VG1987!

Congrats VegasGirl1987 and GaijinDesu! Did Dr. DeYoung say how many spots opened up at the Utah campus?

Last edited:
I got a seat at the Utah campus, and I am on the waitlist for the Henderson campus. I was so excited when I got the call, so I can't remember exactly what number I am on the Henderson waitlist but it was thirty-something, not really sure. I am from Henderson and it would be nice to stay home, but I don't mind moving to Utah!!!!

What are your stats?

Congrats VegasGirl1987 and GaijinDesu! Did Dr. DeYoung say how many spots open up at the Utah campus?

No he didn't say, I am sorry...but don't lose hope. Some people might get accepted elsewhere and decline their seats, so there is still hope.
Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Congrats VegasGirl1987 and GaijinDesu! I remember you from last years thread VG1987, I'm glad we got accepted this year!

Congrats VegasGirl1987 and GaijinDesu! I remember you from last years thread VG1987, I'm glad we got accepted this year!

Yea, last year I had some things going on so I never took the PCAT so my application was not considered. It's been a long road, and I am happy I made it this year!!!

A member of our Facebook group shared with us that she was waitlisted #25 for Henderson and got a call yesterday that a spot opened up. Good news for those wanting to get in the NV campus!