University of Saint Augustine SUMMER 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The admissions advisor said 2 weeks was her goal,but I guess I'm just being greedy haha!

Members don't see this ad.

I was hoping the Florida campus would've heard back by now. I know thanksgiving was the week after interviews but I'm still pretty anxious. o_O

Right there with you. Constantly refreshing my email.. :shy:

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Just to make everyone feel a little better (if thats even possible)... in all likelihood we'll hear a reply sometime during the week of Dec. 14-18th.

Think of it as a Christmas present, that you might get to open a week early.. lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Austin campus told us 3 weeks! Im so nervous… the waiting game is hard :( Any idea how many interviewed yesterday?

Last edited:
Just to make everyone feel a little better (if thats even possible)... in all likelihood we'll hear a reply sometime during the week of Dec. 14-18th.

Think of it as a Christmas present, that you might get to open a week early.. lol

Did you get this information from someone at the school or is it just a hunch ?

They said they'll you'll hear from them the week of Dec 7-11, but from reading the forums and talking to students from previous cohorts, they're usually a week late. So yes, its a hunch.. but a very good one if that means anything.

The Dec. 4th interview went well I think! Thanks for all your guys feedback. They told us the same thing, in that the decisions would be up to 3 weeks via email, however they said that it could be 2 weeks or sooner. So fingers crossed!

@SC.PT

Good to know that everything went well! How many people were in your interview group?

For people that have already applied, is there a lag time between when you submit an observation hours form and it appearing on the admissions document page? I'm having my supervisors submit my observation hours BEFORE my actual application is submitted for the June 15 deadline, and USA said it would be appear on admissions doc page once received, but mine has not appeared. How long does it take?

like a month lol.... seriously though, takes awhile

For people that have already applied, is there a lag time between when you submit an observation hours form and it appearing on the admissions document page? I'm having my supervisors submit my observation hours BEFORE my actual application is submitted for the June 15 deadline, and USA said it would be appear on admissions doc page once received, but mine has not appeared. How long does it take?

When the people submitting the hours successfully submit them, they pop up within 24 hours. However, those that submitted hours for me seemed uncomfortable that everything had "gone through," and contacted me about that. In fact, they had not gone through. Ultimately, I resent the observation form to these people and they were able to try again, which resulted in some positive recognition that it had been successful on their end followed by having them pop up fairly quickly in the docs. Does that make sense? Basically, if they don't feel it went through and you're not seeing it, try again, but give it at least a few days.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm with everyone who is constantly refreshing emails!! I know Florida said give them 3 weeks and it will probably be 4 weeks but that won't stop me from obsessively checking my email!I just want to know :(

Not sure what you mean. Less than 40 with 20-25 people in both groups? Did you mean more than 40?

there were less than 40 people interviewing and it was maybe 30 people if that many and split 15 OT 15 PT students

Are we talking about the interview that just happened last friday in Austin Texas? There was only 1 OT applicant there and there were roughly 30-35 PT applicants.

@WesOkk that's what I saw too, there was definitely only 1 OT person and like 30-35 PT, but they also said that some of the people that were at the interview were there for spring, but I don't know what the proportion of spring to summer applicants was

Are we talking about the interview that just happened last friday in Austin Texas? There was only 1 OT applicant there and there were roughly 30-35 PT applicants.

No I wouldn't have said it if I wasn't 100% sure of my info
Thanks

@WesOkk that's what I saw too, there was definitely only 1 OT person and like 30-35 PT, but they also said that some of the people that were at the interview were there for spring, but I don't know what the proportion of spring to summer applicants was
Yeah they said that there was only 1 OT there about 5 times at least. But anyway, if the first round of interviews was roughly the same, then that puts us at around 65-70 total applicants for the summer cohort. Which would then mean that at most 54 of those will get accepted which are pretty good odds in my book! What do y'all think?

They said they'll you'll hear from them the week of Dec 7-11, but from reading the forums and talking to students from previous cohorts, they're usually a week late. So yes, its a hunch.. but a very good one if that means anything.

Hey qwertyDPT, looks like you were right :/ here's to more waiting!! Hopefully we hear something early next week...

Hey qwertyDPT, looks like you were right :/ here's to more waiting!! Hopefully we hear something early next week...

I keep refreshing my email! Surely they will let us know soon. Has anyone called admissions?

I keep refreshing my email! Surely they will let us know soon. Has anyone called admissions?

I've probably checked my email/portal about 50 times today. We were told at the Florida campus to not call until 4 weeks goes by...aka their way of telling us it will actually take 4 weeks not 3.

I think we'll hear something next week. Just a feeling. I actually had Jimmy Campos email this week asking if my hours were up to date. Bc I guess I had some that were currently pending when I sent my application way back when. I updated him on my hours even I have like some 3200+ hours. He replied saying thanks and that he will be emailing me with our decisions really soon. So. Just a little insider info. Take it how you like. Fingers crossed everyone!! I'm still waiting on another school here in Texas. (TWU) I hate this waiting game!!!. Haha

I've probably checked my email/portal about 50 times today. We were told at the Florida campus to not call until 4 weeks goes by...aka their way of telling us it will actually take 4 weeks not 3.

Just a heads up, they're going to be notifying you via email and not the portal. On another note, looks like next week is the week!

Most of us starting Monday waiting impatiently ---> +pissed+

Last edited:
Currently getting my application together to meet the 12/15 date, just have the personal statement left but it seems they arn't really following the due date guidlines. Called in and that's what they lady told me. My recommendation forums, GRE, and observation hours have yet to be posted.

Anyone know the stats on the school? I'm applying to the FL campus but do all of their campuses have DPT? Whats the acceptance rate, class sizes, ect. I'm pretty sure I herd they have 3 classes a year.

To answer as much as I know, minimum GRE is 294, they do accept 3 classes a year, all 4 campuses have DPT programs (not sure of the acceptance rates), class sizes are 50-55 students per cohort.

Also, just to help you out, I would recommend talking to the other people in your cohort that you're applying to. Although I'm pretty sure any cohort here will help, I think it'll be beneficial if you were surround by people who are in the same boat as you. Heres a link to the Fall 2016 forum :)

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/university-of-st-augustine-fall-2016.1153631/

Good luck! Let us know if you need anything else!

Just a heads up, they're going to be notifying you via email and not the portal. On another note, looks like next week is the week!

Most of us starting Monday waiting impatiently ---> +pissed+
How did you find this info out? Im just wondering… Fingers crossed its all good news :D

Check your online.usa.edu accounts guys! I just got accepted! had to make a profile to announce the news. So excited! It says it will post an email within 48 hours.

Reactions: 1 users
Check your online.usa.edu accounts guys! I just got accepted! had to make a profile to announce the news. So excited! It says it will post an email within 48 hours.
What campus?

Really? Did you apply to Florida campus?

No, Austin Texas Campus. It is under the "Admissions Decision" tab.
Ahhh now I'm really freaking out! :boom: . I keep refreshing my stinking Admissions tab!
Did you not get a call though?

I got in too! Austin campus, it's just on my portal though, no call or email yet!

Reactions: 1 users
Oh snap! I swear Jimmy Campos (Austin campus) told us that they'll email us the results.

But in other news! I got in too!!!! Better start living my life up before May 5th, because we wont have one once we start, lol

Congrats to all who got in!!

Reactions: 2 users
Dahhhhh Florida portals are blank! WHYYYY! :arghh:

They are probably going to pump them all out this week before Christmas. Keep checking and hopefully the news will be good!

Congrats Austin Candidates!!! Hopefully us Florida people will hear something soon!!!!!

Did anyone who applied to the San Marcos campus hear anything back yet?? :nailbiting:

Congrats to those of you who have been accepted! I am just finishing up my 5th trimester at the Austin campus. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments send me an email at [email protected] I'd love to hear from you.
Look forward to seeing you on campus summer of '16!

Congrats to those of you who have been accepted! I am just finishing up my 5th trimester at the Austin campus. If you have any questions, concerns, or comments send me an email at [email protected] I'd love to hear from you.
I would love some input! Would you go to St. Augustine again knowing what you know now? I mean as far as cost of school and living in that area, and do you feel well prepared to take on a career in PT? Does the accelerated program make you feel less prepared or leave out things you wish you had experience in?

Yes I have a ton of questions and would love to pick your brain!! I will be emailing you if that is ok :D

I would love some input! Would you go to St. Augustine again knowing what you know now? I mean as far as cost of school and living in that area, and do you feel well prepared to take on a career in PT? Does the accelerated program make you feel less prepared or leave out things you wish you had experience in?
In response to your questions I made this blog post on creatingapt.com
Here is the link: http://www.creatingapt.com/2015/12/university-of-st-augustine-questions.html
If you have more questions let me know!